Mating the Bad Girl

Oleh hazenight1

I am organised, polite and I have plans. I follow the rules. She only knows one thing, that she needs to bre... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1 - The Princes diamond
Chapter 3 - Capture
Chapter 4 - The proposition

Chapter 2 - The hunt

116 5 0
Oleh hazenight1

The next time you hear it, it will be from me, my female"

- PRINCE ZAYDEN

CHAPTER 2- The hunt

My brain instantly began to formulate escape routes. I was dragged from underneath the massive bed and pinned against the nearest wall by my neck. The weight of a heavy forearm was placed on my larynx and I felt my breathing slower. My feet were hanging a good foot off the floor.

I relaxed my body and took slow, painful breaths and I quickly gathered my escape routes. I felt nothing but fear and my hands began to shake, my eyesight began to blur.

Relax.

It was clear the way I was taught to fight off being strangled was not working. I would have to fight.

I looked up at my aggressor, his bright green eyes stared back at me. I had to assess what I was up against. His green eyes were storms of fire as I felt his rage emanate from him. When our eyes met, everything froze.

I was confident in that moment the world froze for us both.

I felt everything fall into place, all the missing pieces of my life were suddenly whole. The way his face softened as he stared back showed me, he felt the same thing. I had heard of mates meeting for the first time, and it was nothing compared to what I felt.

For as long as I could remember my wolf was pacing, she was restless, and I never understood why. I tried to channel both her and my anger by running and constantly trying to be faster. That never worked and I know now that it was never meant to. My wolf was waiting for him.

I felt like I was drifting my whole life but when our gazes met, I felt something I could not comprehend. The constant feeling of loneliness and aimlessness disappeared.

His arm softened "It's you" he said with reverence, He gently removed his arm from my neck, easing the pain. He cupped my right cheek reverently. I felt my body stiffen when he touched me. The moment our skin met tingles erupted all over my body. My knees quivered unwillingly, and I had to force myself to remain against the wall. His eyes flicked all over my face as if assessing me, memorising my features. He looked enchanted by me.

I used this distraction to grab my knife from my belt-loop. I exploited this opportunity to kick him in the knee, it was impossible to consider taking him on. He was massive, his frame enveloped me hiding me from the light of the moon shining in from the window I had entered.

I clenched my fist to punch him the side of his face, his head jolted to the side and a dominant growl vibrated through the room. The oak bed shook in response and the chandelier rattled.

Was that the window that just cracked? Or was that my knees rattling in fear?

I was terrified.

I shivered in fear, the growl commanded I bow down. I spun around and ran towards the window, which was still cracked open, I felt heavy footsteps follow me "STOP!" he roared, I heard hundreds of people running towards us. The sounds of thudding going up stairs and doors slamming causing my head to ache and my throat to dry out.

It was as if the power in his voice travelled through the land and people responded.

I let my body drop out the window and his fingers caught some wisps of my hair, I winced. I used the flight to leverage myself onto the top of the wall my wounded finger caught on some shrubbery. I jumped onto the floor the drop caused my knees to give way and I yelped. I stood up forcing my body to respond and began to race away from the palace.

I heard a similar thud behind me.

Heavy footsteps followed me "WHO ARE YOU? STOP!" his voice echoed bouncing through the trees. My wolf responded by whining.

I could not change into wolf form or I would lose the diamond. I had to think quickly, I looked over my shoulder and watched as his massive frame was chasing me through the woods. Unexpectedly, fifty wolves appeared from nowhere following behind his massive frame.

"SHES NOT TO BE HURT!" he directed, and then it happened all at once, he changed into the biggest black wolf I had ever seen and began lunging towards me.

I began to panic, my breathing intensified, and my fear skyrocketed.

I took the velvet bag out of my trousers and held it between my front teeth. I changed into wolf form and held the now tiny velvet bag in between my front teeth. I began to race away from the group of thugs like my life depended on it. I had roughly twenty minutes and then my scent would begin to descend, and I would be found regardless of how fast I ran.

I sucked in a deep breath and ignored the burning pain in my chest.

I had been running for over three hours before I collapsed. I had been so afraid my mind could not gather where I was. When I was lifted and carried away, I did not have the energy to fight.

PRINCE ZAYDEN POV

I paced inside my father's dark study room; my hand was aggressively scratching my chin. My father sat behind his oak desk on his large black leather chair and my mother stood beside him, they were both observing me.

My father was a fifty something male with grey hair he had once been a muscly man, but he was now a shadow of what he used to be. Age had taken its toll on him and the kingdom had taken a chunk of his youth that even he could not refuse giving. His black eyes were surrounded by wrinkles and he rubbed his hand through his thinning black hair. My mother's green eyes stared down at him worriedly.

It was moments like this I knew I had to accept the crown, moments where, my tiny mother was looking years beyond her actual age and my father was slouching down in his enormous chair. Looking less like a King and more like a weak old man with no authority.

"Who was it?" my father's powerful voice questioned; his voice carried through the room like a strong overbearing presence. He was angry, all the staff in the palace would be quivering. When Dad got angry it was obvious, his alpha waves would be swiftly sent around the palace announcing his displeasure irrespective whether it was his will to do so.

I took a deep inhale remembering her beautiful sculpted face "My mate." I said, growling deeply.

My mums right hand clutched my fathers' large shoulder, her small frame trembling. My father and me were both enormously powerful wolves so whenever both our moods were up and down our alpha waves would sour the mood in the room.

The atmosphere was tense, the fact my mate ran from me hung heavy in the room. I ran for hours and I would have continued had my father not stood me down. She was gone. I knew the fifteen units of wolves looking for her would fail.

"I know she was your mate, but you must know who she is. What family does she belong to?" my father's questions hit me, and I growled tugging on my hair.

"I don't know." I softly responded; I was holding tightly onto the thread of calmness. If my father's questions continued, I was afraid of how long I would be able to remain calm. I turned my back to him and took deep breathes trying to gather my surroundings.

"How!" father was astonished, I turned around to him and watched as he stared at my mother.

She was staring down at him worriedly.

"It can't be" he murmured, his hand reaching for her neck where he had marked her prior to my birth. The marking was a point of relief for all wolves in distress, it was rumoured; a touch of the marking spot and any worries seemed minuscule compared to the companionship of your mate.

A companionship I had been longing for years, the fact my mother and father had communicated without saying a word was telling of just how strong the bond between mates is.

It tore me up inside to think my mate ran, from me.

"Can't be what?" I questioned, my father had already been briefed on the fact my mate was found under the bed and had stolen the diamond I was meant to be presented during my crowning. I had found both my mate and had an ancient family heirloom stolen by her in one night.

Did I mention it was my birthday? Great day.

My father's eyes flicked to me as if he just remembered I was in the room, "undocumented wolves, but... we located all of them when my father had passed me the crown. It cannot be. Did she have scent?" my father questioned his eyes posed on me.

I shook my head, "no, when I was hunting her, I tried to latch onto a scent. I found absolutely nothing." I said furrowing my eyebrows "I managed to grab a hat! Ill get it!" I said as I began to run out of the room.

When I arrived back my mother and father were stood poised above the desk, a large book was laid out in front of them. The pages of the book were a yellow indicating its age.

I held the black hat to my nose and took a sniff, nothing.

"here" I said walking towards my dad, I passed him the knitted hat that she wore when escaping.

I hovered above the book tucking myself beside my mother, she looked up at me and her eyes crinkled as she smiled sadly.

"My youngest baby" she whispered her tiny hand reaching up to cup my face, I bent my head to allow her to reach me "may you be reunited with your mate." she said her breath warm on my cheek as she kissed my cheek.

I sighed "I hope so mum" I said staring down at the book on the desk. I noticed a book of spells.

"She was witched so her scent was masked, this was a tactical plan." My father first in command Felix announced.

"She came for the diamond, but for what I wonder?" I said factually, ignoring the fact my mate was a thief. I had a kingdom to run for at least now I would push my emotions to the side.

"I have no clue; I suspect its not just her. All the witches of Zahrain wouldn't dare use this spell. It's unheard of." Felix stated, "Excuse me Alpha I am in no way doubting your abilities" his eyes hovered to my father who nodded, "I suspect she is a rogue."

My mother gasped, "but we removed that prior to Monas birth, its illegal. Everybody's documented after the last massacre". Mona was my eldest sister; she was married with three kids it would kill her to hear my mate denied me.

Felix nodded, his hand touching his heart in a respectful gesture at the mention of the massacre "It's the only conclusion."

It was told that rogues had attacked Zahrain prior to my birth and killed hundreds of innocent wolves, they had since been made illegal and all wolves had to document themselves in order to ensure the safety of everybody in Zahrain. We had never had a problem after that; the benefits that came with being documented far outweighed the negatives.

It killed me to know my other half was a rogue. Rogues did not acknowledge the bond of mates, her eyes told me she felt what I did when we touched.

I cleared my throat "I want every exit in this city boarded up. I want every single visitor to pass through a vetting system where they must identify themselves. I want her found. I am going to personally oversee the search of Zahrain. I'm finding her dad and bringing her here I don't care if I have to bring her kicking and screaming."

She would be mine.

PHOENIX POV

I opened my eyes and witnessed my Asa's welcoming gaze and Teghaen's glowing eyes.

"You ok?" Asa asked.

"I was worried sick" Teghaen said her hand clutching mine, she looked tired. Her pixie like frame was slouching and her shoulders were ducked low as if the energy to hold herself up was far too much.

I nodded, licking my dry lips I felt the rim of a cup press against them cooling me down. I held the cup and chugged it down my throat. I saw we were in my bedroom.

I sighed "thank you".

Once they had helped me get settled by feeding me some food and I explained how I narrowly got away with my life they began to look at each other hesitantly.

"He got the diamond" Teghaen mumbled her eyes flicking to the doorway. I knew she meant Micheal got the diamond.

Asa nodded in unison to her statement "It's not working" he warned me.

"Shit" I hissed.

I knew we would get the wrath of this, every time something went wrong it seemed us three were the ones to receive the brunt of it. We were also the ones he always ordered to carry out tasks that included entering the city and leaving it.

"aaaand foods almost out" Asa murmured "Talia has given birth to a new-born and we need to get some medication for the baby." He said, as if he was reading off a list in his head,

It seemed every time an issue arose us three were approached, maybe due to fact we were closest to Micheal. The fact he seemed infatuated with the three of us never escaped our attention for too long.

"Wont they be looking for me?" I said gently, "I'm sorry guys, I can't go."

Asa nodded "We would have never asked; I was merely telling you." He smiled gently at me.

"The new born's state is decreasing as every day passes so we need to leave tomorrow noon." He announced.

It was a few hours later after I discussed what happened that they left. It occurred to me, I needed to leave to update Micheal on what occurred.

When I walked into Micheal's office he was huddled over his metal desk staring down at the diamond, his hands in his hair he looked defeated.

He looked up at me and his eyes were red, and he looked utterly distressed "It's not working" he growled his fists clenched "Teghaen has even conducted multiple rituals," he slammed his fist down causing me to jump I instinctively took a step backwards. Despite my intensive training in the ring fighting against Asa and other wolves, I still feared Micheal irrespective of his small frail frame.

He stood up "Teghaen says we need one of them" the word was dripped with hatred and disgust, I knew he was referring to the royals, "to make it work.".

My eyes flickered to the diamond; it lay atop the red velvet bag that I found it in. I did not care what it stood for; revenge was far more important to Micheal than it was to any of us. I only cared about receiving justice for the blood of my people. I felt I had achieved that by stealing something that was of such material value to them. I was now just left with an unknown anger that was dragging me down, I didn't know what to release it into and I feared it was making me bitter.

"How?" I asked, my palms sweating. He would not send me back, would he? I refused to acknowledge why my wolf was purring at the thought of going back.

"Ill need time to figure it out. For now, you get some rest." He ordered his eyes roving across my body ensuring I was fine. I know he was making sure I would be able to carry out his next plan.

I nodded scurrying out of the room, I was walking down the caves when I heard the echo of a baby crying. 50 meters east, my senses told me.

I began to jog towards that sound, I knew it was Gabriel, the new born. He had been born just over a week ago but due to the lack of nutrients his mother was receiving he wasn't growing at the safe rate and it was proving lethal for him.

When I arrived at a long corridor with various doors, I kept walking till I reached door five. I knocked and waited patiently outside for Elysia to open the door.

Elysia stood in the doorway, sweat marring her brow. She wore a loose dress and was breathing heavily.

"He won't stop" she murmured, "I've tried everything." She told me.

"Is his tummy still hurting?" I said moving past her to enter her small flat. A small kitchen was tucked to the left side and a bed was directly beside the door. Gabriel was screaming from beside the bed.

I walked over and looked at his tiny face, his face was swollen and red as large tears rolled down his face, I lifted my head slightly above him and closed my eyes as I whispered a gentle spell and after a few minutes his crying slowly eased into whimpers.

Elysia smiled at me gently, her eyes softening.

"It won't be long," I wasn't powerful, Micheal said it was possible my mother or father were witches and I was passed a small trickle of power, hence my ability to carry out small effective spells "but it's something to let you catch some sleep. Asa and T are getting some food and medicine it should be over soon." I said, she had lost her partner in the king's rampage of slaughter and she was left alone.

She exhaled "Thank you," she held my hand in hers "Did it go ok?" she asked me her blue eyes inquisitive.

I nodded, lying "Fine."

I went back to my room and fell asleep.

"Will you go with me?" he asked, his green eyes stared back into mine. His pupils were black with sprinkles of a dark yellow surrounding it and his iris were a light green with a black ring around it. He was beautiful. My stomach filled with butterflies.

I shook my head "No." I screamed as he grabbed my waist "HELP!" I screamed "SOMEBODY HELP ME!"

---

It was two days later and I was sat in the cafeteria the hustle and bustle a welcome. Almost all the wolves were eating breakfast preparing themselves for another day of ensuring Micheals needs were met to. His demands fulfilled.

I was eating my spinach on potatoes when Asa and Teghaen entered the room, and immediately made their ways towards me. I noticed the tension amongst them immediately, they both wore black and Teghaen had on a hat that she removed and stuffed into the pocket of her jeans. Asa wore black sweatpants and black trainers.

She sat down across from me "They've set up barriers" she said, Asa sat down beside her running a hand through his thick black hair "We couldn't penetrate them we need a car to blend in and you're the only who knows the route inside Zahrain we cannot afford to drive around for hours hoping to find it. Zahrains being heavily patrolled. We've tried twice, and it's been too long for Gabriel.".

I gulped; I did not want to see him again. I was not sure I would be able to escape his determination this time around. I had run around in circles eventually throwing them off with a quick spell last time, would it be so easy this time? I pondered.

Would my wolf want to run?

On one hand I detested the thought of going back, I knew it was risky to go so soon after the diamond had been stolen but with Gabriel's health, we were becoming desperate. I had to suck it up and go. Id be able to escape, I was quicker than him and any of the little trained robots they had.

I sighed "If you want something done, do it yourself." I said jokingly.

Asa growled, taking the bait "Only because we can't drive otherwise, I would have had this sorted." He said adamantly.

I nodded, standing up, my sweatpants hanging off my hips. I had not eaten meat in as long as I could remember, it was the same for all of us.

I tweaked Asa's cheek "Of-course my big brave boy," I said in a baby voice, I winked at him.

Teghaen giggled and I felt them both follow me as I left the canteen towards my room.

"It's sunny so dress for the weather" Asa informed me.

"You guys get changed into civilian clothes, ill meet you out front. T you need to be pregnant so wear a large dress."

Asa growled lightly and I heard a slight scuffle behind me. I entered my room and quickly changed into blue jeans and a white tank top. I carried a hoodie with me just in case the weather was to change. We had only once entered and acted like civilians of Zahrain and that was when we needed medication for the preparation of Gabriels birth.

The trick was to mask our scent upon entering and leaving Zahrain during our time in the kingdom Teghaen removed the spell as it raised suspicion to have no scent when wondering amongst the civilians.

Once in the car and driving towards Zahrain I explained Teghaen would act pregnant so as to invoke sympathy from anybody we came across who may be suspicious, she grinned in the passenger seat of the car her green eyes twinkling. Her fake stomach was protruding from her red summer dress.

"Why couldn't I be the pregnant one." Mumbled Asa from his seat in the back, I glanced in the rear-view mirror at him. He was pouting in the back his arms crossed over his large chest.

"Are you feeling ok?" I questioned with my eyebrow raised.

"Pregnant people ALWAYS get free things and privilege." He responded "I was born for free things and privileges" he said brushing his hair away from his blue eyes.

"You're such a werido man."

He mumbled something but I chose to ignore him as we reached the end of the long road leading towards Zahrain. I saw the massive golden gates guarded by roughly twenty-five guards. All guards stood holding massive black guns and wearing full black overalls with pockets every five inches. Clearly the prince was taking the threat very seriously. There was a long queue and I slowed my car down bringing it to a stop as the guards looked in every car and gave the all clear, there was now four cars before me.

I snorted "It's funny how he's just got these action man figurines protecting his land.".

Teghean and Asa snickered "I could take that guy with my baby finger" he said.

For some reason that statement caused a twinge in my heart something mimicking anger reared its head and I clenched the steering wheel. I saw Teghean furrow her brows as she observed my reaction. I had been perfect at hiding my response to the prince but as time went by, I was struggling, but I would not give in.

"You could, he was weak" I spat. He was far from weak, I remembered the way his big muscly forearm had me pinned against the wall, my heart fluttered at the memory. I'd been feeding off those memories my heart constantly racing when I reminisced my encounter with him.

I had to remind myself every time he was my enemy and I hated him.

"Remember, we go in get the medication, food and we leave. We all have our phones on us. If anyone's in any danger we go to the car and call." I recounted the plan watching the guards.

The atmosphere in the car shifted becoming tense and I hummed "I am shitting it guys," I said.

"Hopefully, the pregnant one hasn't actually shit it, you know pregnant females can crap themselves and not even realise it?" Asa said. I knew he was trying to lighten the mood and it worked because I felt myself smile.

Teghaen huffed "Shut up Asa would you like me to recall the time you actually did crap yourself past the age of ten?" she teased.

Asa's face dropped in the back and he opened his mouth to respond, I cut him off with a laugh "Guys, stop, we are next." I said my heart lightening at the jokey mood in the car.

I watched the guard approach our car and I smiled rolling down my window slowly.

I looked at his badge fluttering my lashes, "Oh I love a man in uniform." I mumbled, I acted like I did not want him to hear "especially this one" I lied.

I wanted to rip his heart out and watch him bleed, anybody working for the King was as evil as the King himself.

His brown eyes lit up when he saw me, I ensured my white tank top was paired with my best push up bra. I knew this would be my way in paired with Teghaen's act we would be in as soon as we knew it. His eyes flickered to my chest. I moved my brown hair over my shoulder and looked up at him "Is everything OK officer?" I ensured the word officer was drawn out. I knew damn well the kings guard was not referred to as officers but guards. I heard Asa snort quietly from the back.

I heard his breath hitch, "N-no" he said his eyes flickering in the cab of the car, "Reason for travel?" he asked.

I ran my hand through my hair and twirled a long strand around my finger, "I just needed to get some supplies for my sister who is pregnant." I said licking my lips "Is that OK?".

His eyes flicked to Teghaen and quickly back to my lips which were covered in a thick gloss "N-n-no" he stuttered as I bit my lip.

Asa inhaled a sharp breath quickly and my heart dropped. Shit.

"No?" I asked my eyebrows furrowing.

He shook his head "Y-yes!" he said "I meant yes" he looked sheepish.

I smirked gently reaching my hand out of the car to run my index over his gun suggestively "Thank you handsome" I whispered, I sighed "I just love it when my men say yes" I winked at him.

He gulped and was blinking for a few moments before he gestured for the guards to open the gates "CLEAR!" he shouted.

"Bye sweetie pie" I said as I waved at him with four fingers.

He cleared his throat "B-bye" I heard him say in reverence as I drove through the gates.

"OH I LOVE WHEN MY MEN SAY YES" Asa moaned dramatically from the back, snickers rang in the cabin of the car "he was putty in your hands Phoenix" he said.

I smirked "Men are easiest to get, hardest to get rid of" I joked.

Teghaen looked nervous, she was naturally the most cautious of us, missions like this always scared her. While me and Asa craved the adrenaline rush, she hated it.

After a twenty-minute drive I parked the car beside the pavement on the main high street of Zahrain.

"In and out, Teghaen with me. Asa go get some real food." I stated, "you know the plan if one of us howls and calls the rest escape...leaving the others behind." We all met each other's eyes.

"The hardest part is over, it'll be ok," Asa comforted placing his hand on mine and Teghaens "lets go get this out of the way." He murmured.

I nodded leaving the cabin of the car.

I held onto Teghaens hand keeping my head down, my face covered by my wispy brown and gold hair. Teghaen walked slowly to ensure she was playing her part; people were parting for us as we walked towards the pharmacy.

Once we got into the pharmacy the queue consisted of roughly ten people, this would take forever.

I intentionally bumped into the man in-front of me, "Sorry sir," I said holding onto Teghaens hand. His eyes landed on Teghaen and he blinked "Oh, you can go in-front of me." He said.

"Oh no no" I said "its fine" I insisted.

"No no please" he said moving to the side, the commotion caused the others in the queue to look back and upon looking at Teghaens large tummy they moved to the side.

I smiled gratefully at every single one, oh civilians, they were a stickler for a pregnant female.

"What was it you needed Madam?" asked the old man waiting at the counter, his soft eyes on Teghaen.

Teghaen froze, her mouth slightly open. She was choking up.

I cleared my throat and his eyes moved to me "Sorry, she's not well due to her pregnancy. I believe we need some byroxide?" I queried, raising an eyebrow at him.

The pharmacist nodded "May I ask why?" he queried, slowly turning around to remove it from the shelf. I sensed his apprehension, he probably thought we were two young girls who had googled a remedy and picked this medication. He was clearly hesitant to pass us this powerful medication. I heard a whisper from Teghaen "bring me the medication end your questions ignore my intentions" Her voice carried in the air like a parcel and moved towards the pharmacist.

I released a sigh of relief as he handed us the medication, this would ease Gabriels pain. I handed it to Teghaen and paid and as we left the pharmacy, I began to feel uneasy.

"See, easy." I whispered as I made my way towards the car.

I felt my wolf began to pace and I pinned it down to the nerves, I always anticipated it would all go bad as we were almost done which was stupid because the hardest part was already over. I had never felt nervous like this for small missions, it was stealing the diamond when I had truly felt frightened.

Once we were in the car we waited for Asa for a few minutes and he came in carrying multiple large bags and additionally a trolley filled with plastic bags. Me and Teghaen waited patiently while he loaded it all into the car.

Asa exhaled a breath once he was safely in the car, "Some woman totally tried to grope me in the fruit and veg isle." He announced cheerily once the car began to move.

"You don't sound to objectified" Teghaen sounded annoyed.

"I loved every moment," he said sighing dreamily.

This banter continued until we reached the familiar gates but with different guards, the queue seemed longer, and it seemed a huddle of cars were stopped beside the open gates. I squinted and witnessed an older guard who was observing the cars it seemed he was making the drivers stand outside and was conducting body searches.

"Ok we are approaching the gates." I said, my palms began to sweat my instincts were warning me. I turned left into a side road.

"Asa," I said, our eyes met in the rear-view mirror and a mask took over his face. He became serious, his face took on a dangerous look.

Teghaen began to breathe heavily "Guys? What is going on?" she questioned, I scrunched my face when the smell of fear hit me. I watched as Asa's also did.

"They are searching drivers if I step out, I might get caught." I said stepping out I put a jacket on and slid into the back as Asa took the drivers side. He began to turn around towards the gates.

"Teghaen can you spell me?" I asked watching from the back as the car began to drive towards the gates.

She nodded "if I spell you your scent will make it obvious." She responded as she watched the guard hesitantly as he ordered the driver in the car in-front of us to step out. The stench of fear was causing me to grit my teeth.

Asa cleared his throat "T" he strained; he began to speak when the guard suddenly took our focus as he suddenly stood to attention. His whole body was rigid and his posture became completely straight. Everything stopped and everybody stopped what they were doing to bow at the waist.

What the hell?

Something was said but despite my sensitive hearing I could not hear it due to the windows being soundproof and everybody unexpectedly just resumed to their duties after something was said. As if it never even happened. But it seemed the atmosphere was suddenly, heavy. The gate was now clear and all we had to do was drive forward to escape.

Asa rolled down the window and greeted the guard "Hello," he said "these things make me terribly nervous" he announced, when he noticed the guards face scrunch up in response to the sour, horrendous stench of fear leaving the car through the open window.

Teghaen giggled nervously "I'm pregnant" she said, randomly. That statement was evidently fuelled by nervous tension.

This was falling apart like a ton of bricks, I feigned sleep.

"Everybody step out of the car," the guards voice boomed.

The windows at the back were tinted so I did not leave my seat hoping the guard would not pick up on the fact that another person was in the car.

I heard Teghaen and Asa step out of the car and they were searched when they were back in the car I released a sigh of relief and my heart eased till I heard the guard say "Her too" he said.

I ignored it my eyes glued shut.

"Angelina wake up" Asa said, his voice clearly dripping in concern.

I slowly opened my eyes, I acted befuddled "Sorry?" I said licking my lips and rubbing my eyes.

"Sorry kid, we need to search you and then let you be on your way." He said, his eyes smiling at me.

I exhaled difficultly, why did my chest feel so heavy? "Sure." I said my hands shaking as I struggled to open the door.

I kept my eyes glued to the floor "Jacket off please" he said.

I nodded, dropping my jacket into the car as I left the door open in-case I needed to jump in for a quick exit.

I heard a breath being taken in; Asa's eyes were trained on mine; warning me. I nodded my head gently. Asa and I were similar in the sense that our instincts never failed us. Right now, my instincts were ringing a warning alarm, sirens going off in my head my thoughts were clouded by a haze of panic.

The guard began to pat my hair as his search started, he began to state the law and the reason behind the search - he asked me to spread my legs and my arms.

I smirked "That's not the first time I've heard that" I said winking, hoping he would not pick up on my panic.

Why was I feeling so nervous? I was the last person to feel so nervous, I was struggling to breathe. I usually kept my composure in stressful situations. Is this what Teghaen felt every time she left our land and came here? I would never make her do it again.

"No? The next time you hear it, it will be from me, my female."

My heart exploded into a thousand pieces as I heard that voice again, the guard's hands suddenly froze on his descent towards my legs where he was searching me. He looked up at me and swiftly stepped away, suddenly looking behind me.

I clenched my jaw my eyes meeting Asa's you need to go.

He shook his head I cannot leave you.

We had agreed prior to meeting that if anything untoward occurred while in human form they would escape and leave me behind. I was the liability here as I had been seen once by the prince. I did not want them locked up when I had been the one to commit the crime. Asa did not see it quite the same, he said we were family and we stick together.

I sighed, turning around to meet his tall frame. I tilted my head back to defiantly meet his gaze head on. He was wearing a dark blue suit that fit him to perfection. His beautiful green eyes were glinting in the sun as they stared down at me. They twinkled with fury and his nostrils flared as he inhaled my scent. His eyes locked onto me and his gaze was strong, leaking with determination and I knew I would struggle to escape today. I was not bringing the only family I had down with me if he killed me today.

The Prince smiled at me "I knew you'd be back; thieves never stay full for too long." He whispered, his breath brushing over my cheek as he lowered his head.

He took a deep inhale through his sculpted nose and growled in satisfaction "couldn't resist the pull could you rogue girl?" he teased, almost playfully.

I caught a glimpse of his perfectly white canines and my heart fluttered, I bet they could rip through my flesh with no struggle at all.

After that everything moved so quickly, it was like one second, he was inhaling my scent and the next I was moving.

"Go!" I yelled to Asa, I heard the shrieking of tyres and the smell of burning rubber as the car sped away.

I forced myself to change into my wolf form and I spun towards the gates and began to run towards the wooded area beside the road leading into Zahrain. I knew if I followed the car, I would lead them towards Asa and Teghaen therefore I chose to run in the opposite direction.

My ground shook as I heard a command behind me "Secure the parameter!" he said as I heard his heavy footsteps follow behind me.

The last thing I heard before he changed was a ominous growl the wind carried his words into my ears just as he intended.

"I've always liked a hunt." 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

502K 13.4K 42
The fate of a not so human king and a definitely human girl became entangled in a single meeting. A teenage girl from the 21st century somehow ended...
795K 14.9K 34
❝You're still a prick.❞ I say out of breath. He kisses down my neck lightly biting between kisses as I hastily unbutton his shirt. ❝Mhm,❞ He mumbles...
2.3K 184 34
I've watched and witnessed the mate bond between numerous wolves throughout the years. Werewolves. We all have a mate. One that is meant to be the...
4.3K 249 20
~EDITING~ Book 1 of the Princess Series Claire was a regular werewolf, well she was the best fighter in the pack other than the alpha. She had beat...