Chapter 3 - Capture

Vote and comment!! 

We had been running for over thirty minutes and I did not know where I was. My wolf was panting but they had not caught up with me, he had been running after me for five minutes alone until he was joined by roughly thirty wolves the sounds of panting and thudding behind me caused the adrenaline to keep running into me.

I heard him growl behind me every so often as if commanding me to stand down, I yapped insolently in response. This had been going on for too long I thought as I saw a small lake between me and the other half of Zahrain, the beautiful green tress were moving with the wind the rays of sun were escaping through the gaps and hitting the floor as if leading me towards this place. I had absolutely no idea where I was I had never been to this part of Zahrain and I had spent my childhood sneaking in and out of the kingdom so I was familiar with the ins and outs of it. The best hiding spots and the least patrolled.

When I arrived at the edge of the water, upon estimating the size I knew jumping would be futile and cause me more harm than good. I could sense his group slowing down. I turned around and stared at the menacing wolves, all various sizes. One large wolf was slightly in-front of the others, a massive brown wolf his fur glistening and his canines were colossal dripping with spit. His green eyes were trained on me; watching and waiting for me to make the next move.

I noticed a smaller wolf to the right of the prince, a female. In the Kings guard that was unheard of, the Prince moved slightly to the left and she took a step forward growling. I growled back at her, taking on a defensive stance. I guess he picked her so I would be safely taken down as opposed to a male who could unwillingly kill me with their large strength and unpredictable power.

He underestimated me. Sucks for him.

I ignored the smaller wolf and my eyes scanned the spot where the largest wolves stood which was his right side. I smirked I knew how I would escape, I yelped and rapidly jumped over the female and unwillingly into the cluster of large wolves, the size of them was nothing against my speed and I managed to get out on the other side. I yelped in delight I just needed to get to the gates, and I could escape. They could not chase me forever once I was in human form, I could sprinkle some magic and they would be out of my tracks.

I began to dream of the peace I would get back in my room, the comfort of knowing that Gabriel's stomach was at ease and everyone was well fed. I would change my bed sheets get changed into my new pyjamas and ease into a deep sleep with my candle on the sound of the caves lulling me into a deep sleep.

When I felt a pinch in my back I looked back and saw the prince in human form, completely still. I furrowed my brows as I felt my legs begin to weaken and my sprint turning into a slow jog, my pace kept decreasing till I was painfully walking at slow pace. What was going on?

I felt pain emanate through my body and my wolf form evaporated leaving my small human form curled up on the ground. I gasped taking deep breaths.

I forced myself to my hands and knees in the mud and began to move further away from him as I heard his footsteps closer to me with every step he took.

I gasped deeply, closing my eyes "remove the pain make me inhumane" I said hoping my magic would change me back to my wolf form, it did not work. Maybe it was due to the fact my energy was draining so my magic would be at its weakest. I tried to figure out how I could

My blurred vision focused on the green trees in-front of me, I tried to crawl, and it felt as if I weighed hundreds of stones.

"It'll make it easier if you stop struggling." He was stood in-front of me walking backwards at a leisurely pace his hands tucked into the pockets of the dark blue sweatpants he was wearing. He was barefoot and shirtless, and I wondered where he got the sweatpants from, it occurred to me I was crawling in the dirt naked. I could not see his figure properly due to my blurred vision.