The Bad Boy's Roomate

By workinonmyaura

*CURRENTLY ON HOLD* Spencer Hastings has finally got accepted into the university of her dreams, Upenn. She c... More

Chapter 1 : Choices
Chapter 2 : Coincidences
Chapter 3 : Bet
Chapter 4 : Searching
Chapter 5 : Wrong
Chapter 6 : Forgotten
Chapter 7 : Confused
Chapter 8 : Regrets
Chapter 9 : Miracle
Chapter 10 : Numb
Chapter 11 : Civil
Chapter 12 : Plans
Chapter 13 : Surprises
Chapter 15 : Last
Chapter 16 : Game
Chapter 17 : Resist
Chapter 18 : Mistakes
Chapter 19 : Darkness
Chapter 20 : Distraction
Chapter 21 : Broken
Chapter 22 : Peace
Chapter 23 : Secrets
Chapter 24 : Violence
Chapter 25 : Control
Chapter 26 : Injured
Chapter 27 : Falling
Chapter 28 : Entangled
Chapter 29 : Worthy
Chapter 30 : Turn
Chapter 31 : Reality
Chapter 32 : Chance
Chapter 33 : Precious
Chapter 34 : Impressions
Chapter 35 : Warmth
Chapter 36 : Lost
Chapter 37 : Family
Chapter 38 : Riots
Chapter 39 : Holiday

Chapter 14 : Changed

6K 178 234
By workinonmyaura

Don't be a silent reader, comment what you think ☺️

Spencer's POV

* At a small restaurant *

I have just finished my last class of the day and decided to get some food for me and Toby. It'll save us having to get some afterwards and we do have a microwave in our dorm so we can just heat it up whenever.

That's one of the things I love about Upenn. There are so many shops, restaurants and cafes around the area so there is never really nothing to do. It makes it so much easier for students to get meals and not have to travel far. Especially those who stay on campus like me.

Whilst waiting for my food, I decide to call Adam since I haven't spoken to him all day. He has messaged me a couple of times but I was in class so I couldn't reply.   To be completely honest I don't want to tell him about the party but I feel obligated to.

"Hey how was your day?" Adam asks after answering the call.

"Yeah good thank you" I say smiling into the phone.

I know this is so cliche but I literally can never stop smiling whenever I hear his voice. He brings out the best of me. My life wouldn't be the same without him in it. And I shouldn't have to imagine myself without him being at my side.

I have suffered with depression and anxiety almost all my life. Being put under the pressure of having to be perfect for my parents was putting insane pressure on my shoulders. But with Adam I feel like a whole different person.

Not to mention I feel like the world stops whenever I'm around him. It's like no one else matters but me and him. He's the first guy I have dated that I can actually imagine a future with.

Just then I stop for a moment. There's no way. It's too soon. It can't be. I'm falling in love with the boy.

His voice brings me back into reality.

"That's good. I miss you" he says into the phone.

"I miss you too" I reply. "Adam I was wondering, how do you feel about going to a pool party this Saturday?".

"Sure. I wouldn't miss a chance to see you in a bikini" he states and I feel my cheeks heating up.

At first Adam seems like a shy and enclosed boy but he's not like that with me. We both are the best versions of ourselves around each other. I can speak to him about anything and he's comfortable doing the same.

A thought strikes me at that moment. I completely forgot I'd have to wear a bikini in front of a bunch of strangers. The fact that freaks me out is that most of them are just horny college students. This is going to go great I think to myself sarcastically.

I have never once in my life been confident about my body. As a youngster I was called anorexic and skinny and since then those are the only words that come to mind when I look into the mirror. Those words have been pierced into my skin and I can't remove them no matter how hard I try.

I don't have perfect curves like every other girl. I don't have an hourglass body or gorgeous tanned skin. No wonder my parents think so little of me. I'm ugly and a disappointment to them and everyone around me.

"Okay I'll message you the details" I say before telling him I have to go now.

By then me and Toby's food is ready and I begin making my way to the dorm.

* At the dorm *

After a long walk I finally make it to the dorm. I assume Toby is already inside so I don't waste my time in getting my keys out. I knock a few times and he opens the door.

"Hey" I say trying to walk inside but Toby stops me.

"I have a surprise for you" he states with his signature smirk plastered across his face.

Surprise? I was not expecting this at all but I am a sucker for surprises. Just the feeling that someone knows a certain item you would like makes you feel a connection to them. And it shows that they actually know you.

He takes the bag of food I am holding and places it on the dresser. Afterwards he steps forward, closes the door behind me and places his hands over my eyes.

I assume he's leading me further into the bedroom and then he instructs me to sit down on the bed. I'm quite shocked I didn't fall to the ground but I do so anyways.

"Okay, now open your eyes" he says enthusiastically whilst removing his hands from my face.

I open my eyes and feel the urge to faint. He didn't.

"YOU GOT US A TV!" I shout running to him and wrapping my arms around his neck.

He returns the hug by wrapping his arms around my waist and smiling into my hair. I don't realise till now how much of a height difference we have. Toby is like a giant compared to me. But nonetheless a sweet one.

"I don't understand. I thought students weren't aloud to put anything up on the walls, let alone a TV" I added.

The university had a strict policy of dorm rooms being kept in a similar layout as to when you first get it. You also are not aloud any posters e.t.c on the walls.

"I was able to pull a few strings" he says shrugging his shoulders. "No need for us to watch on my tiny laptop anymore".

"This is way too much Toby" I confess. "How did you manage to get this?".

The TV isn't even like a regular one. It's a proper good quality flatscreen TV. Like the ones you see on adverts but never think to buy because they are so expensive. On top of that Toby doesn't have a job or anything that I know of so where does he get the money?

"Don't worry about that Spencer. What matters is that you like it" he says sweetly and I smile.

This is really too much though but knowing Toby he's not going to take it back. That's the thing about him. He's just too kind. Even under that layer of stubbornness there is a truly amazing guy.

There is a part of me that's worried though. If he doesn't have a job then there's only really one other place I know if that he's getting the money. From his gang.

I can only hope he's not getting it by selling drugs or anything. I know that sounds really stereotypical but it's the first option that comes to mind.

I am aware that it's his own choice whether or not he wants to be a part of that but that doesn't mean I'm okay with it. It's dangerous and he could get himself in a lot of trouble. I may not know a lot about that type of stuff but I do know that nothing good ever comes from it.

Although knowing Toby I know he's not going to give me answers just yet. He's very closed in that way. Even though I want to just ask I can't. He's just done something extremely nice for me so I don't want to ruin the moment by interrogating him.

"So what are we waiting for? Let's get eating and watch some movies!" I say and he lets out a laugh.

I grab the food and pass him his meal and place mine on my bed. We begin watching a random action movie that Toby pocked because I forced him to watch The Notebook last time.

I look over at him and spot him staring at me and blush. Why the hell am I blushing? He simply smiles and turns back to the TV.

I can't help but wonder if things were different with Toby. If his perspective on relationships was different would I still be with Adam or Toby instead. But I know for a fact I'm never going to know the answer. Because that's just Tobias Cavanaugh.

—————————————————————

Hey guys here's the chapter I know you have been waiting for 🤍

I apologise for taking so long to update but I have a reason 🤍

I had finished writing the chapter but my stupid self didn't save it so I had to rewrite the whole thing again which was frustrating 🤍

During the rewriting process I got news that someone very dear to me had passed away so I just needed time to be with my family 🤍

I hope you all can understand and I apologise once again 🤍

Also I just wanted to remind you guys that I do read your comments and they literally make my day 🤍

You are all so sweet and I find it a major confidence boost knowing you guys actually like my work 🤍

With that being said there have been some comments which I haven't been so happy about 🤍

As you all know I love getting feedback from my readers so I can improve on my writing and make it more enjoyable for you all 🤍

There is a certain way in which you can say something without having to be rude about it 🤍

For example instead of saying : "it was boring" say "to improve maybe try this" 🤍

Just the smallest changes in what you are saying can make quite the difference 🤍

I am completely fine with receiving comments on how I can improve my writing but comments which are just simply rude I will not allow 🤍

This isn't a space for negativity and judgement it's a place in which we are all here to learn from one another 🤍

I'm not just saying on my story but just any story you decide to comment on please just think before you post it 🤍

There may be writers out there who are really insecure about their work and even the smallest mean remark can cause them to stop writing altogether 🤍

I know for a fact that if me from a year ago received many comments it would really affect my confidence so who's to say that isn't happening so many other writers on Wattpad 🤍

I am a lot stronger than I was before so I know how to not let these comments get to me but I can't help but fear there are writers who don't know how to handle the negativity 🤍

So please be kind and think before you comment anything about anyone's work 🤍

Now that I have mentioned that let's get into the story questions 🤍

What do you think will happen at the pool party 🤍

How long will it be before Spencer finally realises her feelings for a certain blue eyed boy 🤍

Please vote / comment / follow 🤍

Also : WE REACHED 16k 🤍

That is literally insane and I still haven't even accepted the fact that so many people enjoy my work 🤍

Thank you all so much and I'm glad you enjoy reading my stories 🤍

Lots of love 🤍

- L 🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

978K 60.5K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
155K 4.5K 63
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
164K 3.5K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
347K 12.3K 56
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...