Letters to Senator Bonteri

By starwarsfan15

I mean the title kinda is the description, but ya. I've seen this around a it, just a collection of letters A... More

A/N
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxii
Epilogue
A/N

xxi

207 9 27
By starwarsfan15

Ahsoka POV

We pulled out of the hug and Lux placed his hands on my shoulder.

"Ahsoka, thank you for freeing me from the shackles of darkness and bringing me back. I love you."

I was taken aback by this. I frowned and sighed. "Lux," I started, "I've spent the last five plus years hating you for what you did to me. I don't think I can just flip the switch all of a sudden and love you again."

He looked developed by what I said. I felt bad, but I just couldn't not yet. "I understand. I was a fool all those years ago, and I just want a chance to make it all right."

"Let's just take it slow. Start out as friends again, and then maybe we can be something more." Lux nodded in reply, and we hugged again.

"Thanks, friend," he said smiling. I smiled back.

Suddenly I heard a beep from the comm Rex had given me. "Everything alright in there Commander? i haven't heard anything in a while."

"Yes, everything is fine Rex. You can come in now."

"Got it." With that, Rex came bursting through the door, blasters still raised and ready. I laughed seeing him, but as soon as he saw Lux, he pointed his blasters at him. "What's he still doing alive? We came here to kill him remember?"

"I-" Lux cut me off.

"Long time no see Captain Rex." He lowered his blasters and I could tell Rex was analyzing his voice and face, and could see the realization on it when he figured out who it was.

He raised his blasters again, and aimed them at Lux. "Ahsoka this is even more reason to kill him! He hurt you, made you leave me, leave Anakin, everyone! He deserves to die for that! Not to mention everything he did to Onderon!"

I stepped in between Lux and Rex's blasters. "No Rex. We can't kill him. He wants a chance to make everything right."

Rex skeptically lowered his blasters, and I sighed in relief. "So just like that you're gonna forget everything he did and run back to him?"

"No Rex, we're going slow. Just friends right now, maybe more later, maybe never. I don't know. My emotions are all mixed up, and I'm still not sure I 100% trust him."

Rex nodded seemingly okay with what I had said. He turned to Lux. "Just know kid, if you try to pull any funny stuff, I won't hesitate to put a blaster bolt through your skull," Rex said coldly. I laughed but Lux looked like he had seen a ghost. Rex was not a person to cross. When he got angry it was bad.

After a few moments of intense stare down from Rex, I stood up and brought Lux with me. He seemed to come back to his sense after the threat on his life. 

"So what now?" He asked.

"You go publicly denounce the Empire, claim Onderon to be a free system. I will go with you for the announcement," I replied.

"What about all the stormtroopers?" Rex questioned. "As soon as you make this statement, they will turn and try to kill you."

"Well Captain," Lux started, "you two killed pretty much every stormtrooper in Iziz. They were all protecting me because I thought you'd attack here."

"Alright... then what of the Empire? As soon as the Emperor hears of this, he'll send an entire fleet to try and regain Onderon," Rex pointed out.

"But we'll have time to gather a small army hopefully. It'll be just like the first rebellion we staged here," I said smiling.

"Alright then. If we've got everything squared away, I guess it's time to do this," Lux said confidently. He strode out to the balcony of the throne room and I flipped up my hood and followed him. The balcony overlooked the central plaza, though no one was there. This would have to be a televised speech, luckily, there was a recorder on the balcony already for such occasions.

Rex walked over and picked it up. He gave us a countdown '3... 2... 1...' he mouthed and started the camera. Lux began the speech. Even after all these years of no public speaking, he still had a way with words. He talked about how he had been blinded by power and wealth, and how I helped him see the light again. Of course he didn't use my real name when he referred to me, he used my nickname. I didn't want the Empire to know who I really was just yet.

As the speech went on, more and more people left their homes and flooded to the plaza. Cheers of approval began to rain down as Lux completed the speech. Onderon was free once again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vader POV

I was in my breathing chamber when I got a holo message from my master. I put my mask on and exited the chamber to accept the call.

"What do you wish my master?" I asked kneeling before him.

"I take it you have seen what that blasted king from Onderon said?" He questioned in his raspy voice.

"Yes my Lord," I replied.

"We musn't allow Onderon to fall out of our grasp for good. It will give hope to the rest of the Rebellion, and it could spell the beginning of the end for our Empire."

"I agree master. What shall we do?"

"I take it you felt the disturbance in the force a few days back? The force signature of our Sixth Brother disappeared and was replaced by someone else."

"Yes, I felt it, but what does that have to do with Onderon?" I asked quizzically.

"I have reason to believe that the 'Woman in White' is the one who killed him and took his saber. She has mowed down our troops with ease, and even defeated our top Inquisitor while not even having a lightsaber. We cannot afford to send more troops to Onderon. I want you to go, and you alone. Kill the woman, and kill that Lux Bonteri kid. Make a statement that one does not mess with the Empire."

"Yes master. I will leave immediately." He ended the call and I rose, ready to exact my long awaited revenge on Lux Bonteri.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahsoka POV

I awoke in darkness. Everything was black. I looked around and saw nothing, no one, just darkness as far as the eye could see.

Suddenly, I heard a voice. It was low and inaudible. I looked around for a source but saw nothing.

"Ahsoka..." i heard the voice call, just barely audible. The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't quite place it because it was still too quiet. Looking around again, I could still not find the source.

"Ahsoka..." the voice called again, and my eyes shot wide open. I could never forget that voice, not in a million years.

"A-Anakin...?" I croaked out looking around for him. Suddenly I saw him. Standing there in front of me. I ran to him, pulling him into a tight embrace and crying into his robes.

"Shhh... shhhh... it's okay Snips. I've got you. I would never let anyone hurt you Ahsoka... never."

"Oh master... I've missed you so much. Obi-Wan... he said... he said that you turned to the dark side and he was forced to strike you down. That-that's not true, right?"

Anakin sighed. "It's true Ahsoka. I gave into the dar side. Everything Obi-Wan told you was true, well almost everything."

"What-what do you mean 'almost everything'?" I asked hoping that he was maybe still out there somewhere.

"I-I am not truly dead."

I gasped and looked at him. "I'm coming to find you master. Nothing will stop me from finding you."

"Snips... when I say I'm not truly dead, I mean my body is not truly gone. The Anakin you know, or knew I guess, is gone. All that remains is a shell of my former self, smothered in darkness."

"No-no I won't believe it!"

"I'm sorry Ahsoka, but it's true. That's how I'm able to speak with you now. The light side of me is dead, the one you knew, the one you called Master, Anakin, Skyguy. He's me, and I'm dead."

I started sobbing even harder now. "This is all my fault! First Lux, now you? If I had just stayed, not ran away and hid, then maybe I'd still have you!"

"Snips stop it. It wasn't your fault, I let the dark Lord twist my mind, I believed things that I knew were wrong. There was nothing you could have done."

"I missed you Anakin," I whispered into his cloak.

"And I missed you too Snips, but I have not come to catch up. I have come to warn you."

"Warn me of what?"

"He is coming for you, my dark self, and he wont't hesitate to kill you."

"No. I will bring you back, restore the light within you, just as I did with Lux."

He shook his head sadly. "I'm sorry Ahsoka, but that is not your job to do. That lies with another."

"Luke..."

"Yes. He is the true Chosen One. It was never me, it was him. He will be tasked with bringing me back to the light and restoring balance."

Anakin started to fade away from me. "Wait, Anakin! Will I ever see you again?"

"Perhaps sometime in the future. I will continue to watch over you Ahsoka, as I always have."

"Thank you Master. I will miss you."

He nodded and smiled before he faded away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.9K 2.3K 18
To be read as the second book in the series. Ahsoka Tano, six months after having left the Jedi Order, is now working as the personal bodyguard for t...
56.2K 1K 36
After being betrayed by the Jedi Order, Ahsoka Tano lives in the slums of Coruscant, until waking up severely injured on a freight ship en route to O...
11.5K 468 25
Based on a prompt I found online, this is a story of one of the last missions Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka go on together before Ahsoka leaves the Ord...
75.5K 2.4K 38
The year is 20 BBY. The brutal Clone Wars, pitting the droid armies of the separatist Confederacy Of Independent Systems against the clone troopers o...