Better Than I Know Myself

By sleepwalker

Jesse Logan's life was turned upside down when his younger sister Holly was kidnapped and presumed dead. Sinc... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Author Note

Chapter Eighteen

26.6K 939 211
By sleepwalker

(Adrian's POV)

I have my back pressed up against Jesse's chest as his arms are wrapped around me. I love it when he holds me like this; I could stay like this forever if it was possible. I run my fingers over Jesse's scars as I lie there next to him. I had spent the night again, but I found it hard to sleep. It is a lot to take in, but I'm glad he trusts me enough to tell me. I hate his mother for what she did to him. I always thought my parents were terrible for ignoring me but I can see that it is nothing compared to what Jesse's mother did to him.

But despise everything he has been through, he is still a sweet and caring guy. He didn't let a terrible thing turn him into a bitter person. I just hate knowing he is going to keep blaming himself for what happened to his little sister. From the way he speaks of her, I can see they were really close and that is why he is so hard on himself. If that wasn't the worst of our problems, soon we will have to wake up and get ready for school. I highly doubt Jesse's dad and aunt will allow us to miss school. I'm surprised they even let us sleep in the same bed, but I guess since they know Jesse told me everything it would be okay for us to sleep on the same bed.

I turn around to face him; he looks so peaceful while he sleeps. I caress his face as I smile thinking about how for the first time ever I told someone I love them. The best part is that he loves me too, now he is mine and I am his. All I can hope is that we will be together for as long as Jesse will have me. I never even told Hector I loved him, now that I think about it. I don't even know if I ever really did love him.

I move closer to Jesse and bury my face in the crook of his neck. I plant a small kiss on his neck as I breathe in his scent. I love the way he smells; it is so comforting. I sigh, going to school today isn't going to be great. I dread it. As soon as Hector sees me with Jesse he is going to flip. I am more worried about what is going to happen to Jesse. If Hector was able to get ugly with me and he claims he loves me, I can only imagine what he would do to someone he hates.

"I love you Jesse," I breathe in his scent one more time before drifting off to sleep.

"You know we don't have to tell anyone we are together if you're not ready." Jesse says as we sit in the car waiting for Jane.

It's not that I care what anyone would think about us being together, I only care about what Hector is going to do. "I'm just scared about what Hector is going to do when he sees us together. To know that you really do like me and I just turned right around to date you so quickly after I broke up with him."

He reaches out and caresses my face. "Hey, I'm a big boy and I can take care of myself, so don't worry about me. If anything I'm more worried about you, he has already hurt you once. I worry he might do it again, so promise me that you never go anywhere without me." He leans in and kisses me gently on my lips.

"I won't," I kiss him back as soon as Jane opens the door.

"Oh my god, it's about freaking time you two got together!" Jane squeals as she jumps into the backseat. "I really thought I would have to be nice to Hector, so when did all this happened?"

I let Jesse explain everything to Jane; he will be able to say everything without breaking down. I am glad he left out the part of Hector hurting me.

"Wow, he is so going to freak when he sees you two together!" She likes this too much, but then again she never liked Hector to begin with.

"Ugh must you remind us about that, I'm just thinking it might be best if we kept our relationship a secret. Just until things cool off with Hector and he forgets about me." I say as I start the car.

"Ugh ,you really know how to suck the fun out of everything don't you?" Jane pouts in the backseat.

I wish she would understand I'm not doing this to spare Hector's feelings. I am doing this so Jesse won't get hurt because of me. We arrive at school; Jane gets out giving me and Jesse some time alone. I so want to ditch. I just know that as soon as Hector sees me all hell is going to break lose.

"Hey are you okay?" Jesse asks as he reaches out and turns my face to look at him.

I shake my head. I thought I would be, but I'm not ready for what might happen.

"We could ditch if you want?"

I smile at him. "And what about the day after that are we going to ditch as well?" I laugh.

"If you want we can, whatever you want to do I'm behind you." He gives my hand a gentle squeeze.

Ditching would be great, but it will only prolong the fact I am scare to face Hector. As long as Jesse is by my side I will be fine. "I don't want to run from my problems and hiding from Hector is only going make it worse.

"Okay, then let's go," Jesse kisses me one more time before letting go of my hand and getting out of the car.

I take a deep breath and get out of the car. Jesse walks over to me and waits for my move. I grab his hand and lean over to kiss him on the cheek.

"Are you sure?" Jesse asks.

"Yes. He is going to find out sooner or later, why prolong it? Yes, I know he is going to be angry, but I love you Jesse. I don't want to hide it just because my ex is going to be angry. And whatever he has in store for us we can get through it together." I hug him, "I love you Jesse."

I rest my head on his shoulders, he hugs me tighter as he whispers, "I love you too, Adrian."

The day is going great so far. We haven't had a run in with Hector yet nor have I seen him all morning. All I can hope for is that he didn't show up for school today.

"God, I hope they are serving something good in the cafeteria today, I am starving!" Jane exclaims as we walk towards the cafeteria.

I shake my head; she knows they never serve anything good for lunch on Mondays. "Jane you know there is nothing good for lunch on Mondays, so why waste the time wishing?" I tell her as we stop outside the cafeteria. I look in my bag for my notebook to study for a test we are going to have in AP calculus.

"Whatever Adrian, what are you looking for anyway?"

Crap, I can't find it. I must have left it in my locker. "Ugh, I'm looking for my notebook for AP calculus; we have a test next period. Do you have yours Jesse?"

Jesse opens his bag and then shakes his head.

"Crap, I'm going to have to go back to my locker to get it. Ugh, what was I thinking putting it off all weekend?" I groan as I zip my bag shut.

"Well you were a bit busy this weekend." Jane says as she wiggles her brows.

"Shut up Jane and get your mind out of the gutter."

She starts to laugh; I glare at her. Jesse stands behind me and wraps his arms around me.

"Jane leave him alone," he kisses me on the cheek. "Do you want me to go with you?"

I know he doesn't want me to go alone, but I haven't seen Hector all morning. I doubt he is in school today. I turn my face towards his and kiss him, "no it's okay. You and Jane go ahead just get me whatever you're getting and I'll be right back."

Jesse frowns, but nods his head. "Okay, we will wait for you," he kisses my forehead. "Don't get lost," he smiles at me as he lets me go.

I roll my eyes as I walk away from them. I am lucky to have them in my life maybe things are finally looking up for us. I am getting close to my locker when someone grabs me and pushes me into the janitor's closet. It is dark; I try to feel my way back to the door or a light switch. As I feel around I touch something solid and the more I feel it I realize it is a person. I feel my blood run cold; it could only be one person that has pushed me in here.

"Why haven't you returned any of my calls jelly bean?"

The lights turn on and I am staring at Hector. His facial expression is blank, it scares me not to know what he is feeling. He steps closer and I back up until my back hits the wall.

"Jelly bean, please. I'm sorry for what I did to you." He reaches out and caresses my face. "Please, I'm so sorry," he leans and tries to kiss me, but I turn my head. "Okay, I deserve that, but I want you back Adrian and I will do whatever it takes to make it up to you. I love you, Adrian, please take me back." Hector pleads, his eyes are filled with regret for what he did, but I just can't forget it so easily,

"No, I'm sorry, but I don't want to get back with you." I say as I watch him, he looks at me. His expression turns into anger as he looks me up and down.

"You're fucking with him!" He steps up to me and grabs my chin to look at him. "I was right; he was after you the whole time."

He lets go of my chin and bangs on the wall behind me. I jump when he hits it again next to my head. I am scare, he is angry, and I don't know what he is going to do to me.

"If you think I'm going to back off and let you two be together, you are sadly mistaken. You don't just throw away three years together just like that!"

He presses up against me, his face close to my neck as his hot breath fans over me.

"You are mine and you will always be mine. I will get you back if it's the last thing I do."

He presses his body harder against mine, his lips move over my neck as he places small kisses. I am too afraid to move. I fear what he might do if I fight him right now. His lips travel along my jawline before he stops on my lips. He bites my bottom lip and I gasp giving him the chance to slip in his tongue. It feels like he is smothering me with his tongue. I push him away from me as I gasp for air.

"Stop it. I don't want to be with you anymore. I love Jesse, just leave me alone."

He laughs as he pulls me close to him. "No and one thing you're going to realize is I won't give up until you are mine again. So enjoy your time with Jesse, because when I'm done with him. He won't want anything to do with you."

I push him back. "Screw you Hector, I will never go back to you!"

He pushes me against the wall again, "oh that will happen soon when we are together again. Once you see what I have in mind for your new boyfriend, but you can prevent all that if you just come back to me. You can save your boyfriend a lot of pain and suffering. I will give you one week to make up your mind." He kisses me one more time. "Make the right choice Adrian, if you love him like you say you do then you will be mine."

He unlocks the door and walks out. I slump down to the floor and start to cry. He isn't going to let me go and if I don't go back to him, he is going to hurt Jesse. I don't want to give up Jesse, but I don't want him to get hurt because of me. He has already been through so much; he don't need all of this drama. There is only one thing I can do and it is going to kill me to do it, but I have to do it to keep Jesse safe. I just hope he doesn't hate me for it.

]lockerFp^:�-�

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.2K 3.4K 31
[Completed] ManxBoy ~ What if you have died but gotten a Second Chance? This is a story of an orphan boy who has been tossed around, used and br...
615K 24.2K 35
Adam Jones has grown up in a world that seems to be against him in every turn. He has no family to speak to. He can't hold a job. He doesn't seem...
437K 13.8K 34
Book 3 to LWB series* Joaquin Salas had always been a player, until he met a dirty blonde haired boy with beautiful blue eyes named Preston. He thou...
45K 1.5K 34
In an all boys boarding school surrounded by football players 18 year olds Alex, Sam, Jason and Parker have two years left in school. Two years, to f...