Sasuke's Sister || Kakashi x...

By depressoexpresso15

Your name is (y/n) (l/n) Uchiha, the little sister of seventeen-year-old, very protective, Sasuke Uchiha. Eve... More

Footnotes
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine

Chapter Two

2K 50 104
By depressoexpresso15

Fighting 

A few weeks had passed since you joined Team Seven. You have been able to train and socialize with its members, and you have taken a liking to your new-found friends.

Naruto Uzumaki is a bubbly, idiotic yet lovable, burst of powerful energy with dreams of becoming a Hokage. Sparring with him proved to be a challenge, but you were able to hold your own despite your differences. He certainly was powerful, but you could tell that he was more careful in his sparring matches with you, holding back on his strength when it comes to certain attacks. Not even your brother Sasuke did that for you. You wish he wouldn't go so easy on you because then you won't get to test your own limits. Other than that, you have come to love his humor, and you find yourself laughing every time he teases Sasuke or gets into a quarrel with Sakura. There is no doubt in your mind that this kid will end up being a great Hokage.

Sakura Haruno was a bit rude and snappy at times, especially towards you and Naruto, but she did have her pleasant moments. She too is very powerful shinobi. Although, she did admit to you privately that you outrank her when it comes to jutsu and chakra control. You also found out that Sakura has a crush and obsession with your brother. She is always trying to ask you questions about him and tries to make frequent flirtatious advances on Sasuke, which makes you uncomfortable. Sasuke never pays any mind to her, which makes you think that he either doesn't notice or simply doesn't care. Knowing him, he was probably doing both.

Finally, there was your sensei, Kakashi Hatake. He was no joke when it came to strength and abilities and a complete joke when it came to everything else. When he isn't nose-deep into a book, he is pushing everyone on Team Seven to their limits. Not that his rigorous training methods haven't worked, since you have seen an improvement in your movements and techniques, but they sure leave you sore and exhausted. The most you know about your new sensei is that he is powerful and he fights not for honor, but to protect. Kakashi also has a good, but at times lewd, sense of humor. The number of times Sasuke has had to cover your ears was already too many to count. You aren't sure anyone else could pick up on it, but you realized that Kakashi cared a lot about his students, and that had become one of the things you admired most about your sensei. He always reminds everyone to eat properly and get an adequate amount of sleep. Not to mention the abundant amount of praising he directs towards you and your teammates. Despite knowing the essential and frivolous things about your sensei, you knew that he was hiding more under the surface, and you weren't just talking about what lies beneath that mask. Apparently, ever since you've shown up, sensei has been more relaxed and punctual, two things he hasn't been since Team Seven first started. You longed to learn more about the mysterious Kakashi, but you had no time to think about those types of mysteries right now.

Currently, you were doing a one-on-one session with Kakashi. Although it's been a challenging and tedious process, you were finally able to perform lightning ninjutsu. Techniques such as chidorin, kirin, and black lightning came easy with sensei's guidance, but others such as the lightning blade, lighting shadow clones, and Indra's arrow were proving to be troublesome.

"You've performed Indra's arrow before, (y/n). It shouldn't be too difficult this time around."

You attempt to do the hand signals, only to fail and get your fingers intertwined with one another.

'Last time I performed Indra's arrow, I was using my sharingan, which gives me the capability to mimic other's moves. This time I have to figure it out by myself. It shouldn't be tough, but it is.'

Kakashi-sensei, who looked like he was getting tired of watching you struggle, went up behind you and grabbed your hands to place them into his. The sudden movement made you squeak in surprise and you, timidly, looked down to see sensei slowing showing you the patterns and signs your hands should be in. Although you wanted to concentrate, the only thing your mind was able to focus itself on was his touch. Though the thickness of his fingerless gloves, you felt Kakashi's hands radiate with warmth, it was almost comforting. You electricity sparked viciously throughout your body, and it wasn't from the jutsu.

You've had this odd feeling before when you are around Kakashi, but you never paid it any mind. You haven't had friends in a long time, and you wanted to dismiss the sentiment was something normal, but you soon realized what you were feeling wasn't normal. It's clear to you now by the way he was full-on touching your hands.

"You think you got it?"

You quickly snap out of your thoughts and nod as you pull yourself away from your sensei. You couldn't handle the feeling of being near him anymore. If you hadn't pulled away when you did, you felt like your heart would burst.

"Show me."

You let out a concentrated breath and cracked your knuckles to prepare yourself. You preformed the hand signals just as Kakashi had shown you, and, as a result, you began to create various arrows from the electrical rays. You smile in satisfaction and look a bit of time to get familiar with maneuvering the arrows. The last time you did this, you were using your sharingan, but now, you were able to perform the move without mimicking anyone. You decided to release the arrows into a nearby tree and, upon impact, the tree obliterated, sending sharp pieces of bark to scattered around the remote forest area.

"Great. I knew you could do it (y/n)."

Kakashi pet the top of your head, and you giggled lightly at the sudden touch.

"Thank you, Kakashi-sensei. Your praises are dear to me."

Kakashi rubbed the back of his head nervously and lifted his hand from you.

"Y-yes, well, that has been enough training for today."

"Oh, alright. I'll be sure to let everyone know."

As you were about to turn away, you hadn't realized that Sasuke was behind you. He poked your shoulder to make his presence known, making you yelp in surprise from his seemingly 'out-of-nowhere' touch.

"Sasuke! Don't scare me like that!"

Sasuke smirked and poked you again and you repaid him by playfully pushing him away. Sasuke chuckled and then let his facial expression turn serious as he began to notice Kakashi's stares.

"(Y/n), Naruto and Sakura wanted to talk with you."

You nodded and bowed her head to excuse herself from your sensei's presence before running off towards your new-found friends.

'I wonder why Sasuke isn't coming with me?'

--

"Isn't (y/n) amazing? She's certainly improved more than I would have ever expected her to. I've done well training her."

Kakashi eyed Sasuke from the corner of his eye and nodded in agreement. His new pupil has become stronger from when she first demonstrated her abilities to him, and he'd be lying if he didn't admit he was somewhat impressed with his new pupil.

Kakashi reached in his back pocket, retrieving the latest edition of his favorite passion series, and flipping to the page where he last left off. He was only able to read the first few words in peace when Sasuke placed a hand over the book and used his other hand to point his index finger at Kakashi's face.

"I'm not blind like the others. Do not think I haven't noticed that you've changed since my sister has joined? Whatever you're thinking about having with her, stop it. Stop thinking about my sister in that light. You're her sensei, and you'll never be anything more to her as long as I'm still breathing."

Sasuke's words stung Kakashi, but not in the sense that they were hurtful, but in the sense that they were so vivid and blunt. Sasuke was never to type to be so upfront about his feelings towards anyone, and the amount of rage that is being fueled by the love for his sister is almost intimidating. Not that the jōnin would ever admit that to his blue-haired student.

"You have nothing to worry about Sasuke. I do not fall in love."

Sasuke glared intensively at Kakashi's lone, dark eye before backing up.

"That's what I wanted to hear."

"Sasuke!"

Your cry made both men turn their attention towards you. In a blind panic, Sasuke ran towards you and Kakashi figured it was an instinct the Uchiha brother possessed. However, Kakashi was able to see that there was nothing wrong since you were smiling. It's the same smile you've had since you've joined Team Seven, and Kakashi could help but stare.

'I don't fall in love. Why did that statement sound wrong?'

--

"What's wrong?" Sasuke said, gripping and inspecting your face, making you giggle at his overprotective nature.

"Nothing Sasuke! You worry too much! Naruto and Sakura invited us to get ramen at Ichiraku's. Can we please go?"

You pulled the best puppy dog eyes look you could, and Sasuke sighed with a laugh at your attempt to beg.

"Yeah, yeah, we can go."

"Yes! Thank you brother."

You hug Sasuke before breaking from his embrace to turn towards Naruto.

"I'm so excited! I've never been to a restaurant before!"

Naruto's toothy grin dropped, and he instead tilted his head in confusion.

"What? Then how do you eat?"

"She eats the food we have at home, idiot! I even bring her ramen from Ichiraku's from time to time. Stop acting like I malnourish her."

You knew food was a sensitive subject for Sasuke. Before Sasuke even found the inheritance money from the clan, you both were dirt poor for the first two years following the death of your family. Sasuke was barely being to warm up to you, so barely paid you any mind when you would sneak out of the house and go into the markets to steal small amounts of food for him. When he would ask if you had eaten, you would always respond with 'yes' so that he would have more to eat. Even when you protested that you have already eaten, he would always insist on sharing. You only survived because of the scraps of food Sasuke would offer you. You never found out if he knew what you had done for him, you hope that he never does. Sasuke already feels guilty for a lot of terrible things that have happened to you. The last thing you want to do is add more shame to that pile.

Even with the negative thoughts in your head, you managed to laugh Sasuke's comment off. It looked like he was going to ask you something before Sakura intervened by standing in front of you.

"You weren't kidding when you said you kept her trapped at home Sasuke."

You simply nodded and grabbed Sasuke's arm, trying to indicate to him that you didn't want to linger on the subject anymore, and you wanted to leave already. It seemed that he got the memo because he pulled you closer to him, the small gestured made you feel a bit more at ease with the whole situation.

"If we're going to go eat, we should get going before nightfall. Unlike you two, (y/n) and I actually have a decent sleep schedules. "

Sakura perked up and glared towards you. You smiled nervously and averted your eyes from the pinkette.

"For you information Sasuke I do have a decent sleep schedule!"

"No one asked Sakura! Let's get going or you better believe I'm gonna die of starvation!"

"Naruto! Stop being so overdramatic about every little thing!"

As you and the rest of Team Seven were about to leave, you felt Kakashi's presence behind you. You turn your head to see that he was standing there with a long, matte black box.

"Sensei?"

"Sorry, I've had this at home for a while, and I keep forgetting to bring this to you."

Kakashi handed you the box, and you bowed your head to thank him. You, reluctantly, opened the box, and, to your surprise, there was a silver-plated headband with a[n] (f/c) cloth strap to wrap it around your head. You gasp at the sight, and take out your new headband, dropping the box in the process to which Sasuke then picked it up off the ground.

"A headband! Thank you Kakashi-sensei."

Kakashi gave you a small downwards head tilt as he turned to walk away. But before he could do so, you pulled him back by the arm.

"Sensei, could you please put it on me?"

You watched as Kakashi shifted his eye towards Sasuke, who had a looked of disapproval painted on his face.

"I don't think I should (y/n). That isn't my place."

You looked down to the floor and bit your lip, unsure of how to convince your sensei to do the honors of putting the headband he gave you onto your head.

"Please sensei? I wouldn't even have this in my hand if it weren't for your approval. You could have easily said 'no' and that would have been it. But you didn't, you accepted me, and you have been so good to me ever since. Can you please grant me this one favor?"

Kakashi sighed once more and shook his head in disagreement.

"It was Sasuke's teachings and your own willpower that made me approve of you. He should be the one to place that headband on you."

You looked at Sasuke, and a pang of guilt flooded over you. How could have you forgotten about your first teacher? And even worst, your own brother? You bit the inside of your cheek as you waved Sasuke over. He complied and rushed over to where you were standing with Kakashi.

"Could you both do me the honor of putting my headband on? Please?"

You watched as Sasuke and Kakashi exchanged looks, to which Kakashi replied by shrugging and heading behind you so he could tie the band on. Sasuke rolled his eyes at Kakashi but smiled as you handed him the headband.

"Thank you." You said, smiling, making Sasuke swallow his over-protective nature. He gently pushed some strands of your (h/l) bangs so he could place the band on your forehead. The (f/c) cloth strap was cold against your skin as you tried not to jump in excitement. Meanwhile, Kakashi moved your ponytail to the side and draped it over your shoulder. He then tied the two strands together into a knot and moved your hair back. You raised your hand to touch the silver-plated part of the headband, and it sent chills of ecstasy through your body. With a thrilling smile, you tackled Sasuke to the ground in a hug and kissed his cheek as he chuckled in surprise.

"Thank you Sasuke! For everything."

Sasuke quickly stood up, picking you up by the arm as well.

"Not in front of people (y/n). You'll ruin my reputation." Sasuke whispered playfully as you retort by poking his side.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say Sasuke."

"Well, I should get going then."

You turn around to face Kakashi, who already had a novel in his hand that was ready to be read.

"Are you not going to join us for ramen sensei?"

"Although that sounds pleasing, I have some business to attend to with the Lady Hogake. I'm canceling tomorrow's session, you all deserve a break for once. So, be sure to enjoy yourselves."

And with that, Kakashi walked began to walk off into the distance. You presume he's taking the long route to the Hokage so he can enjoy the novel he's reading. You always wonder what words lie on the pages he reads. Knowing him, they might be battle strategies or 'book on how to push my students to their absolute limit.'

"We should get going as well." Sasuke suggested as you grab hold of his forearm. Naruto and Sakura nod and the group begins walking, and simultaneously leading you, to the famous Ichiraku's ramen.

One silent walk later, you and the rest of Team Seven made it to the quaint food stand. There were two people already sitting there—a boy with red hair and another boy with bushy brows and a bowl-cut.

"Gaara! Rock Lee! How's it going?" Naruto shouts while putting a hand on each of their shoulders.

"Hey Naruto! If your here this late, I'm guessing Sasuke and Sakura are here too?" The bowl-cut boy greeted with a simper while the red-head sitting next to him stayed silent, ignoring Naruto's greeting, and began to drink the broth from his bowl.

"There's a fourth one now!"

Naruto ripped you apart from the safety of your brother's presence and pushed you towards the two guys. You tumbled forward and, thankfully, regained your composure before you were able to fall on your face. You smile sheepishly from embarrassment and quickly direct a bow at the two boys.

"Hello. My name is (y/n). It's nice to meet you both."

The bowl-cut boy flashed you a grin and raised his hand up in a wave.

"My name is Rock Lee! And this here is Gaara. Don't take his silence personally, he doesn't like to talk much."

At first, it seemed that Gaara didn't even want to send you a single flicker of attiention. But when Rock Lee elbowed him, and whsipered something about politeness under his breathe, Gaara, finally, shifted his eyes towards you. You had the same nerve-racked smile while you watched him wipe his mouth clean. He then puts down the napkin and he turned his full attention towards you.

"The pleasure of meeting you is ours (y/n)."

Rock Lee and Naruto almost broke their neck from turning to look at Gaara with complete looks of disbelief littered on their faces. Judging by their reactions, you could tell Gaara doesn't greet people often.

"D-did he just-, greet someone?"

"Gaara! Are you feeling alright?"

Both guys were bombarding Gaara with questions, to which he reacted with silence as he held a monotone face. You felt awkward standing in front of the boys and watching them blabber on, so you quickly rush back to Sasuke's side, hoping that he would stop Naruto if he tries to drag you back out to socialize again.

"Anyway, this is the newest member of Team Seven, (y/n)," Naruto leaned his head towards Rock Lee and Gaara, hoping that what he was about to say would stay out of Sasuke's hearing range. "She's Sasuke's sister. I told her that she's way too pretty to be related to him, but she insists that it's true."

"Naruto! That's rude!" Rock Lee exclaimed, looking between you and Sasuke.

"What did he say about her Rock Lee?"

"N-nothing bad Sasuke! D-don't even worry about it!"

Meanwhile, Sakura, who hasn't said a word throughout this whole ordeal, rolled her eyes and went up to the man behind the counter.

"Your greetings are taking too long."

For once, you see Sasuke nod in agreement and grabbed your hand to wait in line behind her. You sighed at your brother's overprotective mindset and you blush in embarrassment when you realize that Gaara and Rock Lee were both staring at you.

'Great. Now they think I'm a weak and pathetic child.'

"Do you want the usual?" You nod and let go of Sasuke's tight grasp.

"Is it alright if I go sit down Sasuke?" Although reluctant, Sasuke shoved his hands in his pants pockets and nodded.

You turn to turn and notice that the only two seats available were on each end of the long counter-table. You were about to sit on the chair in front of you when you noticed how lonely Gaara seemed. Rock Lee, Naruto, and Sakura were chatting away while Gaara played with a single chopstick in his hand. You slowly approach him and stand in front of the empty seat.

"Is it alright if I sit here?"

Gaara looked at you and put down the chopstick in his hand. You gave you a single nod, and you sat down, smiling at him. Your smile soon fell when he looked away from you and continued to play with the chopstick by rolling it with his thumb. You tapped your fingers on the table awkwardly, unsure of what to do or say.

'I thought I was awkward, but this guy takes the cake.'

"Sasuke's sister, huh? I thought he didn't need anyone in his life."

"Sasuke is like that. I wouldn't blame you for thinking that."

Gaara silently slurped his last noodle and pushed his bowl away from him. He then turned his body towards you, a small smile plastered on his lips.

"That's not what I meant. Is it not true that the Uchiha clan was-"

"Murdered?"

"Yes. Since you two are related you went through the same pain together?"

"Yes, we did, and it certainly has shaped us both to be the people we are today. Sasuke is very protective of me. Not only is he scared of people hunting me, but he's scared that I'll get ridiculed and bad-mouthed as he does. I'm sorry in advance if he tries to hurt you or glares at you."

 You and Gaara share a chuckle before Naruto intercepts by slamming his hand on the table, grabbing Gaara's attention.

"Gaara! How long are you in Hidden Leaf for?" Naruto shouts from across the table. You notice Gaara's eyes shifting to the side as his once relaxed demeanor seemed to tense up.

"For a while. Rock Lee has given me sanctuary for the time being."

You avert your gaze to fixate itself on Gaara's face. Sympathy beamed in your chest as you look at his stress-filled gaze. He was feeling lonely, and no one knew that feeling better than you.

"I'm sorry you have to be away from your village. If you ever want to talk about it, I'm glad to listen."

Gaara's eyes widen a bit before softening his once soft expression.

"I'll be sure to take you up on that (y/n)."

At that moment, Sasuke appeared from behind you, a bowl of chicken ramen in his hands.

"Making friends Gaara?"

Gaara turned away from you and took a small sip from the glass of water that was next to his finished bowl of ramen.

"Yes, he is Sasuke. It's alright. Let me finish up and then we can get going."

Sasuke grunted but placed your food down in front of you regardless. You watched as he walked away, plopping himself tiredly next to Naruto, who was laughing while eating his ramen happily. You swore you saw your brother smile when Naruto turned towards him, mouth filled to the brim with ramen.

"I already apologized for his actions, right?"

Gaara smirked and continued to slowly drink his water while you dined in silence. Within a few minutes, you finished your bowl, leaving nothing but an empty plate. You playful patted your stomached while stretched your arm upward to accentuate your fullness.

"That's what I call a meal! Dining in a restaurant is so much more different than eating alone at home."

Gaara raised an eyebrow and looked at you for elaboration.

"I spent years of my life in a house with my best friend, mentor, and brother. Sasuke was all that and more to me. He taught me jutsu and I, apparently, taught him kindness. He was the one thing I had left after the massacre. I would do anything for him, and if you hadn't already gotten the hint, he clearly feels the same way."

You felt Gaara place his hand on your wrist as a touch of reassurance. His hands were cold against your warm skin, cold like the facade he was trying to keep up. But after spending years with Sasuke, who constantly tries to keep up a similar false facade, you knew that inside he had a warm soul that was begging to escape.

"You told me I could talk with you about my troubles, right? I want to be there for you as well."

You have Gaara a closed-mouthed smile as you nodded your head. You felt another hand on your shoulder, and you fluttered your eyes open and tilted your head up to see the brooding face of your brother.

"That's my cue," You got up and wiped your mouth clean with a napkin before crumbling it up and tossing it into your empty bowl of ramen. You extended your arm towards Gaara, offering him to shake your hand. "I hope to talk with you again Gaara." You smile as Gaara lightly gripped your hand, giving it a small shake.

"Likewise."

With that, you and Sasuke turn and begin to walk home.

"I had fun today Sasuke. I'm glad you've let me have a bit more freedom."

"Ugh, please don't make me regret it."

"Sasuke, I know you don't trust people around me, but I promise I'm fine. No one is going to hurt me."

Sasuke said nothing as you continued to walk home. You squeezed the forearm you were holding on to, trying to ease Sasuke's mind. He has told you before that he trusts you fully and that you are doing nothing wrong. It is others he doesn't trust and the paranoia he feels of losing the only family he has eats at him every day. You know it won't be easy, but you are determined to do whatever it takes to build up his trust factor.

It's only a matter of time. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 258 12
Y/n Shiki is a kunoichi from Konoha who carries quite the reputation in the shinobi world. She lost those who she loved the most and that pushed her...
5.3K 254 11
For the first three years of her life, Sakura has only known the inside of the Senju compound, until a few days ago that is. Who knew all the unexpec...
241K 4.7K 58
Ranked #1 in Kakashi Stories!! Thank you so much! ❤️ Sasuke and Itachi has an older sister Keiko Uchiha who had returned to the village. After workin...
623K 14.2K 34
The famous Kakashi Hatake of the Sharingan has a 12 year old daughter named Shiori. She plans on becoming a strong shinobi and won't let anything get...