Letters to Senator Bonteri

By starwarsfan15

I mean the title kinda is the description, but ya. I've seen this around a it, just a collection of letters A... More

A/N
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xxi
xxii
Epilogue
A/N

xx

214 8 25
By starwarsfan15

Ahsoka POV

Rex and I made our way to the castle doors fairly easily, mowing down any stormtrooper that crossed out path with ease. We got to the door and found that it was sealed shut.

"What now?" Rex asked.

"Do you really forget what these can do?" I say holding up my sabers and plunging them into the door. I cut a hole for us to crawl through while Rex watched my back, blasting down any troopers that came. 

Soon the hole was done and we entered into the castle. Oddly enough, we saw no troopers.

"Where are all the stormtroopers?" Rex asked, repeating my thoughts.

"I-I don't know. There were so many outside, but none here. Maybe the king knew if we could take the ones outside down, there was no stopping us?" I shrugged. I truly didn't know the answer to his question.

"Well stay alert. They could be waiting to ambush us," Rex warns.

"Right," I reply. "Let's make out way to the throne room and check there first."

"Sounds like a plan."

We carefully make our way to the throne room, keeping watch for any ambushes. While my senses pick up nothing, I'm still on high alert. We make it to the throne room without encountering anyone though. I can sense that there is someone beyond the door, and know it must be the king.

"Alright Rex, I'm gonna go in. You stay out here and make sure no one gets in. Comm me if something happens."

"You got it Commander. Good luck," he says giving me a salute, a gesture which I return.

I turn towards the door and let out a deep breath. I push the door open and walk in, letting the large door slam behind me. I can see a figure standing, facing away from me. He slowly turns and I get a good look at him. He's taller than me by a few inches and looks fairly well built. He has a long brown beard with long brown hair. His face wears a scowl.

"At last we meet 'Woman in White'," he says putting air quotes around the phrase. "You're a slippery one you know that? I've never seen anyone with your skills before, the Empire could use people like you."

"I would NEVER join people like you. I fight for what is right. While you just sit here in your fancy palace, I'm out there helping the people stay fed and clothed."

"Yes, and I admire you for it. I let you go for a bit, actually hoping you'd help the people, give them a spark of hope, just so I could crush it," he said smiling wickedly.

"You're a monster!" I shouted.

"I was not always this way my dear, but years ago I was broken by the one I loved. She left me and set me off down this path."

"Sounds like your own fault," I sneered.

"Enough jibber jabber. I know you have two sabers now, but I've got a surprise of my own," he said. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a lightsaber and activated it. Out of it shot a bright green blade. I gasped.

I activated my own white lightsabers in response. "How did you get that? Did you take it off the body of a dead Jedi? You do not deserve to wield such a weapon!"

"Oh on the contrary my dear. This weapon was given to me long ago by a close friend who is no longer with us."

Upon hearing this, I looked at the saber and froze. My head began to pound, and I grabbed it in pain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback (Third person POV)

Ahsoka and Lux sat on a bench overlooking the city of Coruscant. Ahsoka's head was rested on Lux's shoulder. They were silent, just enjoying each other's company. They knew this could be the last time they ever saw each other, and neither of them wanted this moment to end.

Ahsoka sighed. "Lux... I never want this moment to end. I wish we could just stay here forever."

"Ahsoka... I do too, but we both have duties to perform. Very important duties at that. You're a Jedi fighting to keep the peace on the front lines, and I'm a senator fighting to keep peace in politics."

"I know, but what if we weren't? What if we could just be normal teenagers?"

It was Lux's turn to sigh. "I do think about that from time to time. We could go to parties, hang out with friends, we could... be together, for real."

"I know what you mean. I just hate that I'll never truly be able to love," Ahsoka said frowning.

"Well, we'll always have these moments together," Lux said planting a kiss on her lekku. this caused Ahsoka to snuggle closer to him. Shortly after, her comm beeped, signaling that she had to return to the Temple.

She sighed and moved away from Lux. She reached into her bag and produced a small black box. She held it out and handed it to Lux, who gave her a quizzical look. He carefully opened it, and what he saw shocked him. Inside was a lightsaber. He took it out and held it carefully in his hand. He looked at Ahsoka who nodded, and Lux activated it. A bright green blade was produced, much like the blade on Ahsoka's primary saber.

"I know I'm not supposed to give this to you, but I won't always be there to protect you. I couldn't bare the thought of you being harmed when I wasn't around."

Lux was speechless and pulled Ahsoka into a tight hug. "Thank you so much," he whispered into her shoulder.

They pulled away from the hug and stood up. "When I get back from Cato Neimoidia I'll teach you how to use it, sound good?"

"Can't wait," he said smiling. Ahsoka returned the smile and then they both turned and went their separate directions. That was the last time they saw each other.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahsoka POV

The flashback only lasted a few seconds, but that was enough time for the king (or I guess the man I strongly suspected was Lux) to make his way over to me. He clumsily swung at me, showing he hadn't had much practice with the saber. However, since I was just returning for la la land, I was barely able to deflect the blow, and he ended up grazing my left arm. I yelled out in pain and grabbed my arm, staggering backwards.

He came running at me, but I used the force to send him flying back into his desk. This allowed me some time to recover from the blow he had dealt me. The king staggered back to his feet, but stopped and stared at me with a shocked expression. I hadn't realized, but the kick back from the force wave I sent out blew off my hood. He could now see my fully exposed face.

"No... no it-it can't be. This... this has to be some... some sick, twisted... nightmare! This isn't real!" He sputtered out.

"Oh you best believe it's real," I spat.

"NO! I went to your funeral! I moved on, accepted the fact that you died. You can't come back now!"

"Well... everyone was mistaken. While they all thought I died in that fire, I was already here, hiding out. Away from everyone that pushed me away, away from you."

He deactivated and dropped his saber and fell to his knees. "Ashoka... I won't fight you. I've done so much wrong, and I know it. When you left me on that day all those years ago, a part of me left with you. The part of me that was joyous and cheerful, the part that felt compassion and love. I still felt a little bit of these emotions, hoping, praying that you would return to me one day, but when you were pronounced dead, that part of me died along with you. I became a shell of myself, and thus when Palpatine built the Empire, I was easily enticed by the wealth and power I stood to gain. I deserve to die for what I've done Ahsoka, strike me down and free Onderon."

I took in what he had said as I walked over to him, sabers still activated and ready to deal the killing blow. 

Don't do this, a voice in my head said, it's not right, look at him. How sorry he looks, you cannot kill him now.

Another voice in my head spoke. You've been dreaming of this day since he tore your heart out and stomped on it. Kill him he deserves to die, not only for what he did to you, but what he's done to the people of Iziz and Onderon as a whole.

I had never been more conflicted in my life. I didn't know what to do for the first time in my life. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw something: a notebook, a familiar one at that. I walked over, and as I got closer, I recognized that it was mine, the one i had written all those stupid letters in.

I picked the notebook up with shaky hands, tears beginning to form in my eyes. I flipped through the pages, a wave of nostalgia hitting me. I then reached the end of my notes, and realized stuff had been written on other pages.

Dear Ahsoka,

I'm an idiot. A stupid, stupid idiot. I was no different than anyone else. When you needed me the most, when you were at your weakest, I did nothing. I feel horrible. You were ALWAYS there for me– you saved me from Dooku, from Death Watch, countless times during the rebellion– and the one time I had the chance to return the favor, I did nothing. I'm a terrible friend and I will never get over the pain I have put you through. I just hope that one day, maybe, just maybe, you'll be able to forgive me.

Lux

Tears began to fall from my eyes as I flipped to the next page

Dear Ahsoka,

Not a day goes by that I don't think about you. Not a day goes by that I don't regret everything I've done to you. Not a day goes by that I don't wish you were by my side. I wish you were here with me, in my arms. I would hold you tight and tell you everything was alright. Give you anything you wanted, anything you needed, but I fucked up. Big time.

Lily and I are done. Probably for the best. I wasn't ever fully committed to her, I still always loved you and always will. Nothing will ever make me stop loving you.

Lux

There was one last letter that he had written.

Dear Ahsoka,

This will be the last thing I ever write in here. You're dead now. I just went to your funeral. I can't help but feel that I'm partially responsible. If I had gotten to you sooner, told you how I felt, you would never have been in that place. You would've been safe in my apartment with me, but instead you're dead. I'll never again get to see you're beautiful face, get lost in your bright blue eyes, hear your magical laugh. 

I haven't stopped crying since the announcement of your death. I didn't want to believe it was true, but seeing Anakin and how he was reacting at the funeral told me it is true. You are dead. I still regret what I did to you, and will never be able to forgive myself.

I will never forget you Ahsoka Tano.

Lux

Tears were streaming down my face at this point as I looked up to see an equally distressed and crying Lux Bonteri. I dropped the notebook and ran to him, pulling him into a tight embrace.

"Oh Lux... I'm so sorry. It's my fault that you are what you are right now. It's my fault that the people of Onderon are suffering. I was so hurt that I became selfish, only caring about myself but never once stopping to think how it would affect you. I guess I just assumed you'd go on with Lily like you had been."

"Shhh... Ahsoka. It's not your fault at all. I did this to myself, I let myself fall down a dark path."

They stayed in the embrace, just enjoying being in each other's arms. They were both back, their true selves had finally returned now that they were reunited.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this chappy is out a bit late, I got caught up playing KOTOR again lmao.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 20 20
She hunts the Empire, He works for the Empire. Following years after Order 66, Lux and Ahsoka's lives have all changed for the worst, and maybe they...
1.6K 48 25
Ahsoka left the order, Anakin is devastated. What will happen when they see each other at a local diner? will Ahsoka talk to him or will she panic an...
18.4K 484 12
It's been six years since we decided we weren't meant to be together. Six years since we decided to call it quits. But I guess not even time itself c...
11.5K 468 25
Based on a prompt I found online, this is a story of one of the last missions Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka go on together before Ahsoka leaves the Ord...