Criminal Desire | βœ“

By MIDNXGHTSUN

[ COMPLETED ] Kalani Reed was a regular twenty-two year old woman who was trying to get the handle on her li... More

π‚π‘πˆπŒπˆππ€π‹ πƒπ„π’πˆπ‘π„
00. PROLOGUE
01. CONCRETE JUNGLE
02. PRINCESS
03. HOSTAGE
04. STUBBORN
05. FAMILIES
06. PLANES
07. NOTHING MORE
08. SICILY
09. TEST
10. GET DRESSED
11. GAME ON
12. NAKED
13. TRUST
14. FRUSTRATED
15. CASTLE
16. RESPONSIBILITY
17. BUSINESS
18. HORNY
19. GANG WAR
20. TEASE
21. STRAWBERRIES&YOGURT
22. WORTH IT
23. ENOUGH
24. FALLING
25. NOT POSSIBLE
26. HANDLE
27. SIMPLE
28. BALD HEAD HOE SHIT
29. HUNGRY
30. PUPPY DOG EYES
31. DANGER
32. HURT
33. MAN OF MY WORD
34. DOMESTIC
35. BABY SHOWER
37. MEETING
38. RAW
39. SAFE HOUSE
40. TIRED
41. NIGHTMARES
42. I WILL || the end
the aftermath + alternate ending

36. TALL AND HANDSOME

42K 2.1K 506
By MIDNXGHTSUN

36. TALL, DARK, AND HANDSOME

"IF GIOVANNI ISN'T THE definition of tall and handsome, then I have no clue what or who is." Lauren swoons as she props her legs up on Kalani's lap. "How the hell did you snatch him up?"

Kalani giggles, "Well, he snatched me up," While she was speaking the truth, she plays it off as a joke, earning a raised eyebrow from her friend. She recounts the lie Giovanni told her earlier, "We met at one of his clubs when Hunter and I were on one of our breaks. He bought me a drink and we got to talking and it just went from there..."

Lauren props her chin on the palm of her hand, her eyebrows furrowed together, cutely, "And you didn't tell me about him 'till now? You fake ass bitch."

An elderly woman sends them horrified glances as she walks past them, overhearing Lauren cuss. The two had taken up residence at Central Park, Angelo stationed a couple yards away, giving them space to talk.

Giovanni is back at the hotel, getting updates on the castle by Dante.

"It all just happened so quickly," Kalani defends, shrugging, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

"You better be." Lauren pinches her friend's arm. A moment passes where she just gazes at her friend, "I can tell he makes you happy, though. 'Cause, I wasn't kidding yesterday when I said you're glowing."

Kalani laughs, "You asked if I was pregnant."

"Okay, and?" Lauren retorts, "Y'all would make some pretty babies though."

Kalani rolls her eyes and slaps Lauren's shin, "Whatever."

"I'm thinking Lauren... after her godmom," The pregnant woman continues, dreamily but jokingly.

Kalani reaches to push her friend's legs off of her but Lauren leans forward and stops her with a loud laugh, earning more glares from the people around them. The women ignore them and continue their talk.

"He's taking care of you, though?" Lauren asks finally, her voice sweet as she looks at her best friend.

Kalani nods, a small smile on her face as her mind roams to Giovanni Lazaro, the man she found herself falling for. He's sweet, caring, kind when he wants to be, protective ━ so far from what Kalani expected, initially. And he's genuine. Which, believe it or not, is hard to find in anyone nowadays. Sure, there is the part where he's seeking vengeance for his father against Kellan, but she wouldn't really know how to feel about it until the day comes.

Everytime she's around him, though... It's something she'd never felt before ━ it's butterflies in her stomach, it's a wave of happiness that rushes over her just at the sound of his voice. It's her constant thinking about him and the blushing that he manages to get out of her.

It's always wanting to be around him and wanting to comfort him through his bad days and hype him up on his good ones.

"Ooh, I know that face ━ what are you overthinking about?" Lauren sips from her bottle of water as she rests her elbow on the back of the park bench.

Kalani shakes her head, "Nothing..."

A moment passes where Lauren scans her friend's face before a wide smile breaks out on her face. She gasps, excitedly, "You love him."

Kalani kisses her teeth, "Let's not jump to conclusions now ━"

"Girl, I ain't jumping shit. I'm stating facts." Lauren pokes her arm, "Look," Kalani looks at her friend, "You might not know it yet, but you love that man. I can tell."

Kalani rolls her eyes, "How can you tell?"

Lauren throws her head back with a groan, "Don't question the process, baby. Just know that I'm good at this. So, hear me out. The next time you catch yourself thinking about him and you have butterflies in your stomach and all the lovey-dovey feelings you usually get, remember what I said."

"LA SITUAZIONE NON È BUONA QUI, CAPO." The situation isn't good here, boss. Dante speaks through the phone into Giovanni's ear.

He releases an aggravated sigh. Pacing a hole into the hotel room floor, he speaks, "Tagliato al punto, Dante." Cut to the point, Dante.

Dante exhales shakily, "I russi hanno chiesto di incontrarti." The Russians have requested to meet with you.

Giovanni narrows his eyes at the nervous tone in Dante's voice, "Cosa mi stai nascondendo?" What are you hiding from me?

A moment passes in which Giovanni can hear Dante pacing on his side of the line.

Finally, Dante allows the words to fall from his tongue, "Hanno richiesto anche la partecipazione di Kalani." They have requested that Kalani attend as well.

"No."

Giovanni hadn't hesitated to answer. He was not going to put the woman he ━ is in like with ━ right in the middle of a dangerous situation.

"O è lei o iniziano ad aprire il fuoco." It's either her or they start opening fire. Dante recites their threat, annoyed with the entire situation and the fact that he has to be the one to break the news to his best friend.

"Cazzo." Giovanni cusses, angrily. He runs a hand through his already tousled hair. As much as he didn't want to put Kalani in danger, he couldn't blindly allow the war to escalate ━ especially at his hands when he can calm it down a bit, "When?"

what y'all think gon happen at the meeting?

and lauren is a damn MOOOOOOD

how y'all doing today?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 157 14
When you set your eyes on two innocent eyes, you are drawn into a world of darkness unlike anything you've seen. I mean, I'm aware that this world do...
362K 9.5K 53
READ TAGS!! STRONG LANGUAGE NOT A FANFIC "i love you" "your what I've been missing" *not a mafia book*
204K 5.8K 28
Mafia, lies, money, betrayals. #1 in bwwwm #1 in white male #41 in forbidden #241 in couple #84 in blackwomen #112 in Italian #15 in mafia romance ...
1.2M 44.8K 48
{ Completed } He thought he did the right thing by keeping his occupation a secret, but when the truth comes out, he loses the only person that ever...