𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 | t...

By radiantpoprockz

[on a break!] ~ started may 2020. apocalyptic au,, a nomu apocalypse. "a zombie apocalypse was something many... More

information
00 - prologue
01 - awaken
02 - newcomer
03 - overflow
04 - feelings
05 - bad dreams
06 - step by step
07 - 2am
08 - snow
09 - cold
10 - cuts and bruises
11 - free
12 - are you sure?
14 - the unknown
15 - strange
16 - relief
17 - weak
18 - still
19 - annoying bird
20 - leap
21 - lovers
22 - resent
23 - unseen events
24 - capture
an apology
25 - square one

13 - unforgettable

984 47 18
By radiantpoprockz

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

UNFORGETTABLE

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"get a hold of yourself y/n." you seethed as you paced in your room.

you balled your fists, taking no reaction to the pain your scalp endured as you tugged at your h/c locks. eyes shut tightly, you continued cursing and mumbling under your breath.

the descriptions fit perfectly.

unless you saw a photo or saw the creature for yourself you couldn't be for certain, but it seemed very likely that the nomu that ashido and the others had encountered was the same you had that day. even the one todoroki had described to you a few weeks ago fit the description.

the one that gave you nightmares every other night. the one that kept haunting you in your own mind whenever someone mentions a nomu.

the one that killed b/n.

it terrified you to say the least. expecting it to be dead was a longshot in this world as you weren't actually aware of how many people had survived the sudden outburst from day one, meaning you didn't know if any others were killing the creatures. you were one of the lucky people to say the least to be safe in a place like the base.

but... for the nomu to be all the way over here? that was scary.

of course it has the ability to fly so travelling for it is a piece of cake, but why did it decide to come here? surely it didn't have intelligence... right?

you sighed deeply, dropping your arms to your sides and slumping down onto your bed. you lowered your head into your hands, propping your elbows on your knees as you calmed yourself down.

getting worked up wasn't going to help. after all, you weren't certain if it was the same nomu or not.

"why does this bother me so much?" you whispered to yourself, looking at your lap with slightly widened eyes.

was this ptsd? something specific that caused you trauma? it could be. it irritated you how one nomu scared you more than the rest.

all were terrifying in their own ways for more than just their looks and abilities. the reason for them are unknown. where they came from are nothing more than a conspiracy.

but... the death of your brother was something you never wanted to witness, and yet it happened right before your eyes. of course you would be scared of the reason, the thing that took him from you.

he was your blood-brother brother, an actual sibling who had the same parents as you did before the you were sent away. he had always been by your side, and he was ripped away from you. literally.

b/n and s/n (sister) were two you looked up to greatly. after the three of you were sent away after an incident at the age of three, they kept you safe. of course they were scared also with moving into a new place full of new people, but they had to fulfill the duty of being your older siblings.

s/n was older than your brother by four years, leaving a gap of eight years between the two of you. she would take care of the two of you, hug you both when you were sad. she protected you.

her passing created a hole in both your and your brother's hearts that could never be filled. it was so sudden, so unexpected.

who knew she would commit suicide?

what hurt the most was you never got to say a proper goodbye. all you saw that day was her body being covered over before she was taken away.

her eyes were closed, pale face as peaceful as it had ever been. you were only six. you had no idea of the stresses she endured whilst living at that orphanage. you didn't understand.

b/n took it upon himself to protect you more so after that. he didn't want to lose you too. he couldn't. he would protect you until the day he died... and he did.

"gah!" you yelped as a knock sounded at your door.

subconsciously you crossed your arms, digging your nails into your biceps as you squeezed them. easing your tension you stood up and opened the door a little bit.

once you saw who it was, you swung the door wide open. "yaoyorozu." you sighed in relief.

"sorry, i didn't mean to startle you." she laughed apologetically.

you waved her off, composing yourself a little more. "it's alright." you smiled at her. "everything okay?"

she nodded. "mina has woken up."

...

"you're lucky it wasn't any worse than it was." you squeezed ashido's hand lightly.

she laughed a little. "i always pull through injuries." she smirked a little. "this one ain't any different."

you sighed, sitting back in your seat that sat next to her hospital bed. "your stomach was gashed."

"and," ashido pointed her thumb to her chest. "i pulled through like the queen i am!"

rolling your eyes, you passed her a glass of water. "you sure did. now drink up or i'll force it down your throat." you warned lightly.

"alright, alright! sheesh!" ashido quickly gulped down the water, sitting the empty glass on her lap as she sat up gently. "you seem different than your usual self." she noted.

you shrugged a little. "you getting hurt had me concerned."

"you seemed to have a dramatic flashback moment when i told you about that nomu." she retorted, golden eyes narrowing a little as they stared at you.

you looked away from her towards the door, standing up slowly. "you should rest up some more, mina."

she quirked a brow at you. "what's going on with you?" she frowned a little.

"i'm fine." you reassured, giving her a small smile as you looked at her over your shoulder. "i don't want to burden you right now."

"you won't be burdening me, y/n." ashido's voice suddenly changed to something much more gentle. she leant back into her pillow.

"please." you begged lightly. "now isn't the best time. i promise i'm okay."

you waited for her to nod. even though it was hesitant, it was an answer. you gave her a small wave and another brief comment to sleep before leaving the room, shutting the door behind you.

you exhaled softly as you leant your back on the door, staring at the window in front of you for a short moment.

all that stared at you was darkness. anything could be staring back at you and you could be oblivious. anything.

whether it be another person or a creature, it terrified you that you couldn't see what was hidden. even if there was nothing, the mere vastness of the darkness that covered the outside world terrified you.

all that was keeping you safe was that pane of glass. that one, simple, clear pane of glass was keeping you secure.

you knew you were in the safest space in the area. you knew nothing was actually there besides the garden you spent so much time in. you knew all that.

but nothing could stop the shiver that ran up your spine, nor the nausea that started travelling up your throat.

lowering your head, you turned abruptly and started walking back to the girl's common room. it was nighttime, just turned midnight.

seeing ashido awake and well was something you wanted to do before drifting into slumber. you had to make sure she was alright. she was your friend.

you crossed your arms over your chest as you walked, looking to your left every now again. you couldn't keep your eyes straight ahead of you for very long. not when the pitch black abyss of the outside was staring at you as you walked.

you picked up the pace a bit as another chill shivered up your spine. your hairs stood on end, skin starting to become pricked with goosebumps.

biting your lip you started to breathe more heavily, staring outside the window. as much as you wanted to continue walking, your pace slowed drastically.

for reasons beyond what you could comprehend in that moment, your muscles started to feel weak.

'why now?' you internally cursed as you came to a halt, figure shaking ever so slightly as your breathing became more erratic.

you clutched your top harshly, bawling your fist as tears pricked at the corners of your eyes.

'something's out there.'

your throat closed up a little.

'something's watching you.'

your lips parted as you began breathing more heavily, eyes widening as they scanned the window in front of you.

'something's going to attack you.'

you flicked your gaze to the end of the hall where the door to the main common room was; where the window ended.

'you've got to move.'

catching movement in the corner of your eye, you felt yourself stumbled backwards a little. your back hit the wall, eyes widening as much as they could as the movement continued.

it was only a tree, but to you it was something else. something alive.

'move.'

your knees buckled beneath you, hands cupping your ears as the sound of the howling wind that picked up reached them.

'move.'

tears fell down your cheeks as you started to cry. no noise fell from your lips besides gasps of air.

'move.'

your vision started to blur from the excessive tears that bawled in your eyes.

"i-i can't..." the cracking of your voice echoed through the empty hallway.

rain started to pour down, tapping on the windows lightly. the usual peaceful pitter patter of the rain overrun your senses, drowning you more into your panic.

the sky lit up briefly, showing the silhouette of the tree. a small whimper escaped your lips.

'it's going to get you.'

you flinched harshly as a sudden boom of thunder wracked your eardrums.

you felt so weak. why were you getting so worked up? why now? why? why?

"why?" you whispered as your knees pressed into your chest, hands still covering your ears.

stray tears continued streaming down your cheeks, vision becoming more fuzzy by the second.

'you need to move.'

'you need do get out of there.'

'something's coming to attack you.'

'something's getting closer to you.'

'you're going to get hurt.'

'you're going to get killed.'

a door opened, suddenly to you but slowly in reality. your head snapped to the right where a boy stood. you couldn't tell who it was from the tears that were blurring your vision. his voice was muffled as your heartbeat boomed in your head.

you could feel your chest rise and drop rapidly. you could feel the warm tears travelling down your neck into your top. you could feel your entire body shake as you heart beat. you could feel a pressure on your shoulder and a faint touch lifting your chin up.

heterochromic eyes looked into yours, concern etched within them.

todorki had knelt down in front of you, moving your gaze from the window to him. he cupped your cheeks, caressing them gently.

before you could utter a single word, your head began buzzing. a wash of lightheadedness washed over you, causing your eyes to roll back as you fainted.

...

todoroki's eyes fixated the ceiling above him. his expression was neutral, peaceful almost. he breathed gently, his chest rising and falling slowly as he turned onto his side.

putting one hand under his pillow and the other holding the duvet as he covered himself so it was just his head poking out, his eyebrows furrowed slightly. he gazed at the wall in front of him as thoughts swarmed through his head.

an hour had now passed since he had taken you back to your room. after being reassured by uraraka that she'd stay by your side, he made it back to his room to sleep.

initially he was going to briefly visit ashido, but seeing you directed him to another doing. he knew what situation you were in. you were hyperventilating, more likely so having a panic attack.

he too experienced such a thing.

it was terrifying and he could see how scared you were. the only thing he could think of in that moment was to direct your focus onto him, which he had.

he hadn't expected you to faint though.

at first it startled him, but he quickly scooped you up in his arms and took you to your room. because he knew what was wrong, there wasn't a necessary need to take you to recovery girl. the comfort of your own room was much more sense making.

since he came back to his own room he hasn't been able to sleep, despite knowing everything was okay. you were with uraraka who, to him, was much closer to you and much more helpful than himself.

in all honesty he didn't really know why he was so concerned. he cared for you a lot but he didn't really understand why.

was it because the two of you had things in common? that you were patient? kind?

well... that's what he kept telling himself. todoroki knew what was happening.

these feelings weren't something he was used to, yet he had a good idea of the emotions he was feeling. because of his father he wasn't able to explore like other teenagers, but that didn't mean he was in the complete unknown.

he had feelings for you.

he had for a while, and he didn't know if it was a good or bad thing to feel. in these times anything could happen, and he was scared.

he couldn't risk getting closer for the safety of the both of you. but... maybe this was something you both needed?

sure, he was unaware of your feelings for him but he did care for you. a lot.

contemplating whether or not to tell you was been hard, and the longer he's kept it in the harder things have gotten for him. especially as he was aware of the new mission assigned to his squad.

he needed to tell you and soon... just in case.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

a/n: hello!! i'm alive :D i'm so sorry for the late update aaAA it's here though!! i will be publishing the next chapter within the next week so keep your eyes peeled ;)) i can imagine the next few chapters are going to be... hard on the heart in both excitement and depression,, we'll just have to see :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 292 11
-as a student who transferred into university in the middle of the year for classified reasons, y/n struggles to fit the expectations that are set...
294K 11.5K 28
ꗃ 𝐬. 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐢 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝: 𝟎𝟕/𝟏𝟕/𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝: 𝟏𝟎/𝟎𝟗/𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 !𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫! 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐥...
607K 17.9K 38
(Y/N) is a young girl who just wants to be a hero just like everyone else. Her life wasn't easy though. She has always kept to herself and didn't lik...
19.1K 853 74
After a deadly virus leaks all over the world, every country is forced to close down it's borders and airports to prevent anyone from coming in and o...