They Don't Know About Us

superstar-striker द्वारा

To everyone else it seems like Elliot Griffin is living the dream. She is living out her dream playing profes... अधिक

|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
*IMPORTANT*
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
|53|
|54|
|55|
|56|
|57|
|58|
|59|
|60|
|61|
|62|
|63|
|64|
|65|
|66|
The End...
|65| Final Chapter

|36|

9.1K 207 78
superstar-striker द्वारा

Okay confession time....I completely forgot I had to post this, this morning. I woke up and my hand was still throbbing so I went to the doctor. Good news!!! It's just swollen and a bit tender so I have it strapped for a few days and then I'm good to go! Anyways I hope you enjoy!!!

"Why are you fidgeting so much? You act as if you've never done a photoshoot before" I joke as Rose naw's on her thumbnail. She rolls her eyes as she bumps my hip with her's, "I could say the same for you". I scrunch up my face trying to play it off but she sees right through me, "You act like I don't see you playing with your fingers right now. You always do that when something's bothering you. So spill".

I sigh and drop my hands and mumble, "I really need to stop doing that". But Rose just raises an eyebrow at me waiting for me to talk, "Okay fine. I'm just not a fan of getting my picture taken like this. I don't mind when it's pictures with friends or anything. I just don't like these big serious photoshoots. I always feel out of place". Rose offers me a smile, "But it seems perfect for you. You look amazing even without make-up. You always seem so in your element".

I shrug, "I guess I've just gotten use to putting on a smile". Rose gives me a sad smile before pulling me into a hug which I happily accept and hug her back. "You know you can always talk to one of us right?" Rose whispers in my ear. I smile and I squeeze her tighter, "Yeah I know. Thanks Rosie". We pull apart and look at Mal who is currently getting her pictures done, "Now what has you all antsy for this anyways?"

Rose sighs as her hand starts to smooth out  her hair and fixes her headband, "I've never really liked photoshoots either". "Well why is that?" I ask before laughing as Mal stumbles and it was caught on camera. Rose just shrugs but I can tell she's hiding something. I nudge her shoulder, "Cmon Rosie. You know you can talk to me as well". She shuffles as she looks down at her feet, "It's just I stick out beside the rest of the team. You all look amazing and I'm just Casper the ghost. The clumsy sidekick".

I frown at the girl before pulling her into a side hug leaning my head on her shoulder, "Rose you are a perfectly amazing beautiful talented girl. Anyone would be lucky to have you. And you shouldn't compare yourself to anyone else on this team because your special in your own right. Remember that day at the pool?" She nods, "Yeah". I smile, "Well if you remember correctly, you saw how uncomfortable I was because of my scars but you were there to help me through it and told me fuck what everyone else thinks because scars or not I was beautiful. Rosie you helped me in so many ways. Your so much more than your looks. So now your going to go rock this photoshoot and then we can go get ice cream and you show me pictures of Wilma".

We both burst out laughing as Rose hugs me again, "Thanks Ellie". I smile, "Anything for you, Rosie". She pulls away and playfully jokes, "If I was gay, I would totally go for you". I just smirk and wink at her before she was called to take her photos. Mal slings an arm around my shoulders as we watch Rose gets into poses, "Everything okay?" I smile as I watch Rose start dancing in front of the camera, "Yeah I'm great". We watch Rose get into different poses and starts messing with a ball, juggling it and doing skills and tricks.

And then it was eventually my turn

"Let's do this thing" I cheer as I start going over to the area where they were taking the photos. It was going great until some of the others came along and started making faces and joking behind the camera making me laugh. I was in the middle of doing a game day face straight into the camera when Sonnett started making faces at me causing me to burst out laughing. Thankfully the media crew weren't too bothered by it and laughed along with us.

I was finished taking photos in the white kit and had to change into our red away kit. I pulled the white jersey over my head and toss it to someone while someone else hands me the red jersey. "God damn" Sonnett mutters while Kelley whistles at me. I blush as the whole team laugh at me. "Damn look at the abs on the baby" Crystal cheers and everyone else nods. I roll my eyes, "Okay one I am older than Mal. And two Tierna is way younger than me. She can't even drink yet!"

"But you'll always be my baby" Christen coos as I blush crimson but can't help but smile. Everyone was looking at my abs so I quickly pull the jersey over my head causing them to groan and boo. "Oh hush" I say as I fix the jersey the way I like it. When I look up I see all the girls crowded around looking at the pictures, "Wait did you really take pictures of that?" Lindsey lets out a low whistle as she looks at the picture, "You would kill some people if you posted it". Kelley giggles, "I can already imagine all the thirst comments".

I shake my head, "You guys are insane". "I mean how are you not taken yet?" Tierna asks but I guess she realises what she says as she blushes as the rest of the team turn on her with grins. "Why you interested Davidson?" Sonnett asks as she slings and arm around her. I roll my eyes as all the other youngsters surround Tierna, "Guys lay off her". Mal coos, "Awe she's standing up for her". "Or your forgetting that she has a girlfriend herself?" I shot back.

"Okay but back on topic. Why aren't you dating anyone?" Rose asks distracting everyone from Tierna. "Yeah. Cause from what I've heard from Ashley and everyone at UCLA, you've never really with anyone outside the team apart from a few others" Mal reasons. I shrug, "I'm just not looking to date anyone at the moment". "Okay sure. But there has to be someone your interested in" Sam counters.

I think about the ring that is currently hanging off the chain around my neck and a small smile appears on my face for a brief second before I shake my head and look at the team who watches curiously.

"I'm just not looking for anyone okay? It's my decision and I don't want any of you meddling in my social life like that. So can we drop it please?"

I don't give them a chance to reply as I get back to my photoshoot wanting nothing more than to finish up and call my girlfriend.

.............

"What's up Lee?" Jessie asks me later that night as we facetime. I scrunch up my face confused. She shrugs, "It looks like your thinking about something. So what's up?" I sigh and run a hand through my hair, "Do you ever think we'll tell anyone about us?"

She pauses for a second a bit taken back by the question. "Do....do you want to tell people about us?" I asks. I bite my lip, "Would you hate me if I said yes?" "What brought this on?" Jessie asks. I flop back on my bed as I run a hand down my face, "It's just the team was asking me why I wasn't dating anyone and it kills me not being about to tell everyone about you. The team is like my family and I feel really shitty that I've hid this from them for so long".

I can see Jessie avoid looking at me as she starts to play with something off screen. I sigh, "But you don't". Her face snaps up and looks at me, "Not like that! We can tell them". "I feel there's a but coming on though" I comment. She sighs, "It's just...not right now". I frown as I cover my eyes with my arm but Jessie is frantic to get my attention, "Lee please look at me". I roll on my side and prop my head up on my arm as I look at her through the phone. "I didn't mean it like that. I'm okay with telling people. I just think we shouldn't do it right now. With the World Cup and everything I think we should air until it's over. We both have to focus on our matches so can we just wait until after the World Cup?" She explains.

I think for a second before I smile, "I think I've kept a secret for almost 4 years. I think I can handle it for another month". Jessie smiles at me before looking at her watch, "Great! I'm really sorry but I've got to go". I shake my head, "It's okay. I think I have to go anyways as well. I'll text you later okay". She smiles and nods, "Okay. Bye I love you". I blow a kiss jokingly at her, "Love you too Freckles". She rolls her eyes but I see the smile spreads across her face. I sigh and decide to take a nap before dinner.

How is it possible to miss someone this much?

............

"Odds on, you go over and wake up Tobin" I ask Kelley as we wait to get on the plane to France. We all look over at Tobin who is passed out asleep in one of the chairs she snapback pulled down a small bit over her eyes. Emily snorts, "Waking Tobin without having coffee to win her over is a death wish".

Odds on was a game that we would play where you would say a task or something and then you and the other person would say between a certain set of numbers. Then you shout out the number and if you both say the same number you have to do it.

Kelley grins, "Let's do it". All the youngsters gather around the two of us wanting to see who wins. "Odds on between 1 and 5" I smirk and Kelley nods, "Okay". Kelley and I hold eye contact as we count down, "3...2...1". And then we both shout at the same time, "5!"

I jump up cheering as the rest of them cheer around me while Kelley groans and pouts, "How did you know I'll go for 5?" I snort, "Kelley you always go for 5. You always pick your own number". Everyone laughs as I point at Kelley, "Cmon loser you have to do it". Kelley sighs as she walks over to where Tobin is sitting. As I'm watching Kelley trying to discreetly creep up behind Tobin, someone drops into the seat she just left.

I turn and look to see Christen looking at me, "What are you up too?" I smile innocently, "I'm doing nothing". She gives me a look, "Your definitely up to something". I just shrug and glance at my phone before looking back at Kelley trying to hide my smile. But I guess I didn't do a good job as Christen follow my eyes and looks over at Kelley who is moving Tobin's switch out of her lap so not to damage it.

Christen's eyes widen as she knows what's about to happen, "Kelley don't-" but it doesn't stop Kelley who shouts in Tobin's ear who yelps and bolts up. All the youngsters burst out laughing as some of the veterans chuckle and shake their heads at us. Emily was laughing so hard she was leaning against Lindsey who shrugged her off leading to Emily falling off the seat and onto the floor causing us to burst out laughing again.

When I finally pull myself together I look over to see Tobin glaring at Kelley so I skip over and hug Tobin making her look down at me, "I'm going to go get some food and water for the plane. You want anything?" She smiles down at me and kisses my head, "Just a water thanks".

I skip back over to my seat to grab my backpack and Christen shakes her head at me, "You have her wrapped around your finger. It's crazy". I shrug and wink at her, "Its a gift". "I'm going to the shop anyone wanna come?" I ask the group. Most shake their head while Mal stands up, "I'll come".

Mal and I link arms as we make our way to the airport shop to buy some stuff for the plane seeing as it was a long flight. We avoided getting coffee as we hope to sleep on the plane. I grab some gum to chew on during the take off as I hate when my ears pop along with water for Tobin and I as well as some sweets I saw that I know Christen likes. I go and pay for all my stuff along with Mal and we start to leave when Mal gets a text, "Sonnett needs gum". I groan as she rolls her eyes, "I'll be back in a second". I nod, "I'll wait here for you".

Mal walks back into the shop while I start checking my phone. I was in the middle of texting the UCLA group chat when I was suddenly tackled. I stumble a bit my phone flying out of my hand. I look down to see a girl clinging onto me hugging me tightly. She was badgering on, talking so fast I couldn't even make out what she was saying. She moved to hold onto my shoulder which was painful in her grip especially with it already injured while she started filming me on her phone before swapping it over to selfie mode and started taking pictures with her leaning in close to me.

I politely try to push her off me but she doesn't budge and instead more join the fray. Soon there was a small crowd around me, all shouting at me and flashing their phones at me. All the while the first girl was still holding onto my shoulder as I grit my teeth and try to ignore the shooting pain she was causing. "Can-can you please back up?" I ask but no one moves. "U-uh sorry. I-I need to go" I try again but this seems to make it worst and everyone tries again to push forward.

This means I get pushed backwards into the people behind me and I trip over and fall. I'm on the ground and all I can see is the shine of a torch from phones and the flash of cameras. I start to panic more as my breathing gets heavy and stutter, "P-please stop". But they didn't, they all just continued to record this on whatever social media they choose. I screwed my eyes closed and tried to block out all the shouting and focus on my breathing.

I was in the middle of a near break down when I could hear Mal, "Everyone back up! Move!" Eventually I could feel Mal move beside me and hug me tight pulling me to my feet. "Ellie it's okay. I need you to breath okay?" She whispered in my ear. I could only imagine how this looked to all our fans but I didn't exactly care at that moment and I hid my face in her neck and clutch onto her.

She continues to whisper in my ear as she tries to push through the sea of people. Eventually the airport security show up and help disperse the crowd helping us get through. After awhile Mal finally got us back to our sectioned off area where the rest of the team were, "Tobin! Christen! Help!" She had barely finished her sentence before the two of them were standing by us. "What happened? Christen asks while Tobin scoops me up and carries me over to a seat.

"I went back into the shop to grab him for Sonnett and when I came back she was mobbed by a swarm of fans" Mal explained. Tobin sits down and holds me on her lap while Christen sits next to us and holds my hand. Christen talks me through the breathing techniques while I bury my head in Tobin's chest and listen to her heartbeat. I lift my head from Tobin's chest and hold out my hand and points at my backpack that was thrown aside and forgotten about. "Bear" I rasp out pointing at my bag.

Kelley was the first to understand what I wanted as she immediately went to my bag and ripped it open. She searched around in it for a bit before pulling out a plush brown bear. She held it up to me, "This?" I nod as I nuzzle into the soft fur of the bear hugging it tight to my chest and leaning back into Tobin.

I soon get everything on track and finally get everything back under control. I open my eyes to see the entire team surrounding us all with concerned looks aimed directly at me. I give them a weak smile in return, "I'm fine now". "Do you need anything?" Alex asks as she hands me a bottle of water. I shake my head, "No I'm okay now".

Everyone was quiet as they watched me making sure nothing was wrong. But of course Sonnett is the one to ruin the silence. "So" she grins wickedly, "you always carry a stuffed animal with you to cuddle?" I blush and hide my face in the bear while Rose and Lindsey slaps the back of Sonnett's head. I pout, "Don't diss Bear. Someone very special gave him to me. And he helps me calm down".

Jessie gave me the bear awhile ago for one of our anniversaries. She got it specially customised so it's currently wearing my national team jersey but you can take it off and reverse the jersey. When you reverse the jersey it changes to a red Canadian number 17 jersey. She got it so when we're apart for camps that I have something to cuddle when she's not there. I loved it so much and then decided to tease her and call it my Jessie Bear or Bear for short.

It was worth it just to see how red she went

Kelley tries to muffle her laughs, "Did you really call it Bear?" My pout grows as everyone tries to hide their smile and giggles, "Hey! It's a good name". Everyone then bursts out laughing at me. "Yeah real creative Ellie" Julie chuckles. I turn and look at Christen and Tobin who are also failing to not laugh, "You guys too?" Christen smiles and kisses my forehead, "I think it's very cute". I narrow my eyes, "I'm not cute! I'm fierce!" Tobin shake her head at me and kisses my cheek, "Whatever you say Tiny". I growl, "I'm intimidating!" Kelley laughs as she boops my nose.

"Your as intimidating as your teddy bear Ellie"

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

Past Memories VLCP22 द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

207K 4K 75
Emma have a pretty dark and complicated past. Love never goes her way, parents never existed and being bullied. But what will happen when she get a c...
Saved By Carli Alex द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

412K 7.3K 52
Sage is 17 and her life has taken a turn for the worse ever since she lost her father. Her mother has become abusive and hasn't let Sage out of the h...
Saved Alex द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

379K 13.1K 160
Kimora is 17 and her life has taken a turn for the worse ever since she lost her Parents. Her father's second wife has become abusive and hasn't let...
Serendipity Alex द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

446K 14.2K 154
In Emma's 21 years of living she has been to hell and back. She relies on a handful of people to keep her going. When one of them breaks her who will...