My Hero Academia: Mind Over M...

By c12376

Aeden never knew his parents,but he doesn't care about his undiscovered past. All he cares about now is his c... More

BNHA Prologue
BNHA Part 1
BNHA Part 2
BNHA Part 3
BNHA Part 4
BNHA Part 5
BNHA Part 6
BNHA Part 7
BNHA Part 8
BNHA Part 9
BNHA Part 10
BNHA Part 11
BNHA Part 12
BNHA Part 13
BNHA Part 14
BNHA Part 15
BNHA Part 16
BNHA Part 17
BNHA Part 18
BNHA Part 19
BNHA Part 20
BNHA Part 21
BNHA Part 22
BNHA Part 23
BNHA Part 24
BNHA Part 25
BNHA Part 26
BNHA Part 27
BNHA Part 28
BNHA Part 29
BNHA Part 31
BNHA Part 32
BNHA Part 33
BNHA Part 34
BNHA Part 35
BNHA Part 36
BNHA Part 37
BNHA Part 38
BNHA Part 39
BNHA Part 40
BNHA Part 41
BNHA Part 42
BNHA Part 43
BNHA Part 44
BNHA Part 45
BNHA Part 46
BNHA Part 47
BNHA Part 48
BNHA Part 49
BNHA Part 50
BNHA Part 51
BNHA Part 52
BNHA Part 53
BNHA Part 54
BNHA Part 55
BNHA Part 56
BNHA Part 57
BNHA Part 58
BNHA Part 59
BNHA Part 60
BNHA Part 61
BNHA Part 62
BNHA Part 63
BNHA Part 64
BNHA Part 65
BNHA Part 66
New Book
Part 69

BNHA Part 30

40 1 0
By c12376

--Midoriya,Dream--

All Might:Young Midoriya,listen. I'm officially retired as a pro. It's clear that my body isn't going to allow me to fight another battle. The last sparks of One for All left my body,and my muscle form won't last for any significant amount of time. I can't protect you when you put yourself in danger now,and you're always rushing in to try and help no matter what I tell you,destroying your body over and over.

All Might:Yet,back there,you managed to--! (Midoriya flinches and closes his eyes) rescue your friend,without being injured or getting into a fight. I'm so proud of you! From here on out,I will devote myself to train YOU. You're stuck with me,so let's keep working hard together. | Midoriya:*tears fall from his eyes* Thank you...! Nothing would make me happier,All Might...!

--Midoriya--

Midoriya:I'll do my best!

Midoriya immediately sits up as he shouts in his new room.

Midoriya:Wait,this isn't...oh,right,I'm in a dorm now.

After that,he checks the time and see its around 5 to 6 o'clock. He jumps off of bed and head down to the common area,entering the bathroom to see Ida brushing his teeth. They both said good morning as Midoriya puts toothpaste on his toothbrush. Aeden and Clyde entered the bathroom and they all say good morning,then start brushing their teeth

After being attacked by the League of villains twice in one spring year,UA brought its student to live on campus in order to keep us safe. Our dorm,Heights Alliance,is a five minute walk from the main school building. Things were a little strange at first,but once we finally settled in on our new home,we returned to normal course work with the goal of becoming heroes!

I will definitely become a pro one day,because what I inherited from All Might. Not just One for All,but his spirit too!

After eating breakfast and getting showered,they all head to their classes and wait for Aizawa to come it.

Aizawa-Sensei:I believe I mentioned this already,but you're main focus this summer is obtaining provisional hero licenses. | Everyone:Yes sir! | Aizawa-Sensei:Do not take this lightly. A hero license means you're responsible for human lives. You can imagine that the exam to receive one is very difficult. Only fifty percent of students pass the test required for these permits each year.

Mineta:It's that hard to get a provisional license?! | Aizawa-Sensei:In order to prepare,today you'll concentrate on creating something new. (the door to the classroom opens,revealing Midnight,Cementoss,Ectoplasm,and Jack) Two ultimate moves... | Mina/Denki:Ultimate moves?! This isn't a school thing! | Kirishima/Sero:But this is total hero work!

Ectoplasm:When we say ultimate,we mean a move that will ensure you win against your opponent. | Cementoss:An action so unique to your identity,no other person can hope to copy it. Simply put,you must learn to lean into your strengths. | Midnight:Your moves represent who you are. | Jack:These days,most pro heroes have an ultimate move. Those who don't are fools. | Aizawa-Sensei:This may sound abstract,but we'll explain more as the day goes on. For now,change into your costumes and meet in Gym Gamma.

So,they all changed and head toward the gym.

Aizawa-Sensei:Gym Gamma,also known at the academy as the Training Dining Land,or TDL.

Eh? First the USJ and now this?

Cementoss:This facility was my idea. We can prepare unique terrains and obstacles for each student here. Here,you will learn to serve up justice,its in the name. | Ida:*raises his hand* Please allow me a question! What is the purpose for having ultimate moves at the provisional exam? May we know your reasoning? | Jack:That's two questions. | Aizawa-Sensei:Calm down. The job of a hero is to save people from all sorts of dangers. Crime,accidents,and natural or man-made disasters. Of course the licensing exam analyzes how well you're able to deal with such things.

Aizawa-Sensei:It won't just be fighting,your ability to gather information and make quick decisions will be judged,in addition to how well you communicate,cooperate,and lead others. Every year,a new test is used to evaluate these qualities. | Midnight:One thing is especially important,if you want to be a pro hero,you must be able to prevail in battle. If you're prepared,you won't have to worry,and those of you who have an ultimate move will have stronger results.

Cementoss:Your circumstances should not dictate the results of your future battles,learn to be consistent and you'll be a great asset on the front lines. | Jack:Your ultimate move doesn't necessarily have to be an attack. | Ectoplasm:Take Ida's Recipro Burst for example. This sort of temporary boost in speed is valuable that it falls into the category of excellence we're looking for.

Ida:I have been doing an ultimate move all along?! | Sato:So it's basically our secret weapon? Something that gives us the edge so we can win no matter who or what we're facing? | Midnight:*winks* There's a smart boy. For example,how Kamui Woods was able to use his Lacquered Chain Prison to capture opponents in an instant,that's exactly what we want to see.

Aizawa-Sensei:The training camp was interrupted,but the practice you did get in to develop your quirks was part of the process needed to create these defining abilities. Now that you're caught up,you'll be working hard to develop powerful moves on your own in the next ten days or so. This is how you will spend the remainder of your vacation.

As he was talking,Cementoss controlled the environment and produced several high pillars of rock with Cementoss' and Jack's clones.

Aizawa-Sensei:Prepare for intensive training. In addition,you should think about how you can improve your costumes,especially now since you have a better understanding of your quirks. I expect all of you to go plus ultra. Do you have it in you? | Everyone:Yes sir! | Denki:I'm so charged up for this!

What's my move...?

--Aeden--

Aeden:Alright,I'm pretty decked out with up-close moves,I should probably work on some range now. | Ectoplasm:What do you got? | Aeden:So far,I can make a bow and arrow,make some telekinetic sword waves,and a barrage of daggers. | Ectoplasm:Alright,show me all of them.

I summon a daikyu,a large japanese bow,and nock an arrow. I pull the arrow past my head as Ectoplasm rushes toward me. I released the arrow and he dodged it. He throws a kick,but I jumped over him and readied another arrow with several more floating beside me.

Aeden:Counter!

The barrage of arrows rained down on him,and the clone dissolved. I land back on solid ground and wait for another clone to appear.

Ectoplasm:Not bad,but fast moving villains can easily move out of the way. How will you counter them? | Aeden:Which is why I have this ability.

He summoned his doubled-ended sword and split them,now dual-wielding it as he charges them with his quirk. A line appears floating a few centimeters away from the blade.

Aeden:I can set how fast or how big they can get. | Ectoplasm:Let's get to it then.

He dash around me,noticeably faster than the previous clone. He comes in with a strike and I deflected it,then pushed him back while also sending a sword wave at him. He narrowly dodges and runs around me again. I summon a sphere of daggers around me and start launching them,predicting Ectoplasm's path as he was dodging all of them. One hit,and I focused all of the remaining daggers on him and released them all,defeating the clone again.

Ectoplasm:Your senses are sharp,and you can fight well even though you are blind. I admire your courage for continuing your training even in such a condition. | Aeden:Thank you,Mr. Ectoplasm. | Ectoplasm:Let's continue your training,shall we?

--Clyde--

Ectoplasm:You and Aeden seem to have a similar quirk,but he has more tools in his arsenal than you have. | Clyde:I suppose,but that doesn't mean I'm not as strong as he is. | Ectoplasm:True,so,Jack has said that you needed some range attacks,yes? | Clyde:Yeah,and I have these flames that I activate to increases my speed and strength,but they cost a lot of my energy. | Ectoplasm:Very well,let's use that and turn it into one of your ultimate moves. | Clyde:Alright then.

Clyde activates Yang and his white gauntlets appear,then he gets into his martial arts stance. Ectoplasm rush toward him and they both start exchanging blows. Clyde switches his stance every now and then to keep Ectoplasm from guessing how he attacks. He saw opening and deflected a high kick from Ectoplasm. He charge up his white flames and land both of his fists on Ectoplasm's sternum and stomach,then a flurry of white fire erupted from his hands and burned the clone.

Ectoplasm:Impressive,but I suggest that you control the intensity of those flames. You might end up killing the villain instead of making him knocked out. | Clyde:*drops to a knee* Got it. Let's keep going. | Ectoplasm:As you wish.

--Midoriya--

Everyone's making headway...

Ectoplasm:*kicks the back of Midoriya's head* Why are you staring off into space? | Midoriya:Oh,um,uh,about the moves we're coming up with. You see,if I put too much power into my arms,I won't be able to use them anymore. I'll break them,so I don't know a special attack of mine would even look like.

Ectoplasm:Hm,it's true that your quirk is interesting,not exactly one to be called 'consistent.' If you don't have a fixed attack style yet,then let's focus on developing your power. | Midoriya:*nods* Yes sir.

--No POV--

Aizawa stares into his students training session as a flurry of ice,fire,explosions,acid,tape,and several other quirks in use are flying in the air.

(All Might will now always be in his true form)

All Might:Everyone's working hard,huh?  | Aizawa:All Might? | All Might:Yeah,hi,I'm here. (turns into his muscle form as he thumbs up) Because I have a day off and I don't have anything else to do! Ha! | Aizawa:Will you please focus on recuperating and lesson planing? | All Might:*turns back into his true form* Hey,what's with the cold reception? They're working their big moves now,right? There's no way I could miss being here for this. I'm still a UA teacher you know.

All Might:Young Midoriya,it looks like you're having trouble.

All Might looks to his right and see Bakugo flying in the air with his explosions.

Bakugo:Now you explode!

He dives in and releases a point blank explosion on Ectoplasm's clone and it dissolved.

Bakugo:It's been a while since I was able to really let loose. Ectoplasm! I killed him,give me another one!

All Might:That boy is incredible... | Aizawa:Yes,and he'll get even stronger in the future...

--Midoriya--

Ectoplasm makes another clone for Bakugo as he pop in anticipation. He charges toward the clone and released another mighty explosion.

Uraraka:*floating in anti-gravity* Woah,look at Bakugo! He's going hardcore! | Sato:I bet he got a ton of ideas for his special moves already! | Hagakure:He's been planning this stuff since the entrance exam!

Uraraka:*wobbles* Woah,oops! | Ectoplasm:Focus! | Uraraka:Yes sir!

Mineta:Just in case if anyone was wondering,I was working on Grape Rush since I was a kid! | Denki:I mean we've all thought about it before,right? I used to imagine wielding a lightning sword! I'm getting hyped up just thinking of doing that cool in real life!

How can I fight with these damaged arms?

All Might?:Hey! | Midoriya:*turns around* Eh? What are you doing here? | All Might:I've come with advice. Think for yourself. You're still trying to imitate me! | Midoriya:Oh,I guess I didn't...

All Might:Yo,Young Kirishima! | Kirishima:Hey All Might! | All Might:I got some wisdom to lay down on you! So,instead of going for small tricks with your Hardening,try being a bulldozer. | Kirishima:Yes sir!

--No POV--

All Might:I wouldn't be a good teacher if I just give you the answers. Use that clever head on your shoulders. There's no right or wrong here. What's important,is that you realize your full potential on your own.

All Might:Young Jiro! Listen up,I reviewed things that might help you.

Aizawa:He's suddenly good at this?

He takes a closer look at what seems to be a rather small book in one of All Might's back pocket. The title seem to say,"Even Dummies Can Be Teachers! Easy Education Theory"

--Midoriya--

It was the end of the day as the sun was starting to set. Midoriya was walking down the school halls to the Development Studio.

Aizawa:Regarding your costume improvements,once you figured out if anything need to be changed,head to the Development Studio here. Get the experts to help you out and give suggestions. They'll know what to do.

Midoriya stands on front of the Development Studio's giant doors as All Might's words rang through his head.

All Might:Think for yourself. Your still trying to imitate me!

I don't really get why that's a bad thing,but I know I have to do something about this. They has to have some sort of brace to reinforce my arms here. I gotta train my body so I can wield One for All at maximum power,and I need to figure out of a way to use my quirk in my ultimate move. Otherwise,I'll fall behind everyone else! That's not going to happen! I have to make it to the top,and achieve my dream!

Uraraka:*distant* Oh,hey there Deku! | Ida:Don't run in the halls! | Uraraka:I was just wondering where you were! You here for costume improvements too? | Midoriya:Oh,Uraraka!

He was immediately cut off as he opened the door to the Studio. An explosion was released from the Studio and he was affected by it,albeit he was smiling as he wasn't aware what was happening.

???:Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow! | Power Loader:*coughs* You know,you shouldn't try to mix everything you find in the lab together like that. | Chameleon:*hanging from her tail* Yeah,she thinks so too. Are you okay? | ???:*giggles* Failure is the mother of invention,Mr. Power Loader! Thomas Edison said something like that once. (coughs) Even if it doesn't work like I envisioned it,it doesn't mean it's a waste of time! | Power Loader:You almost blow up the entire Design Studio! Will you please open your ears and listen to me for once?

The dust finally settles,and Mei Hatsume was seen on top of Midoriya.

Power Loader:Hatsume! | Hatsume:Hey! When did you get here?

He opens his eyes and immediately sees...erm...you watch the anime,you probably already know.

Hatsume:*gets up and fix herself* Oh,sorry for the sudden explosion! It's been a while,huh? Class 1-A,right? Ugh...yeah,I forgot all your names already.

Midoriya:I-Izuku Midoriya... | Ida:I'm Tenya Ida! The man you tricked into being a walking advertisement during the Sports Festival! | Hatsume:Never heard of ya! Well,I'm busy developing new babies,so bye~! | Midoriya:Wait a second,please! I wanna ask Mr. Power Loader about improving some elements in my costume? | Hatsume:What!? (suddenly gets in front of his face) Can you tell me again!? | Chameleon:Hatsume!

Chameleon:It's fine being in and out of the Studio,all day since you're in the dorms,but if you stop following our instructions and keep running wild in here,you're banned. | Midoriya:Erm,hi Mrs. Neeko! | Chameleon:*waves* Hi,little Izuku! | Power Loader:I heard from Eraser Head that you're here to upgrade your costumes for your new moves,yes? Come in.

The three comes inside the studio and see the many various equipment and tools that the Development Studio houses.

Midoriya:Woah,it's like a secret lab! | Power Loader:Now,hand over your instructions please,they should've been with the case your costumes were delivered with. I have a license to make costumes,so I'm allowed to do some mild tinkering with those made out of house. For small changes and repairs,I can simply report what I altered to the design company. They'll do the paperwork for me,but for major changes,we'll have to fill out an application and ask for the design professionals to make the adjustments for us.

Neeko:After that is completed,the government will make sure that the costume meet certain standards,when approved,it'll be sent back here. | Power Loader:And we work with the best design agencies available. So there's usually a three day turn around.

Midoriya:Uh well,I was wondering if there's a way to reduce the strain on the ligaments on my arms. Is that hard or possible? | Power Loader:Huh,let's see. Midoriya,you mainly fight with your fists and your fingers. In that case,I should be able to do something for you pretty fast. | Uraraka:Deku,that's awesome! | Midoriya:Yeah!

He then feel a pair of hands exploring his body,so he freeze up as Hatsume was checking his body

Hatsume:Yes yes,I can see the problem. | Uraraka:Hatsume,what are you doing?! | Aeden:*walks in* She's feeling his muscles. Mei,I told you you should give them a little warning before you do it again. | Midoriya:Again!? | Hatsume:Oh my,your body's much more muscly than it looks! (Midoriya screams) Don't you worry,I got just what you need!

In a flash,she makes Midoriya wear what seem to be some sort of power armor.

Hatsume:My very special baby! The Power Suit! | Midoriya:Ok... | Hatsume:This high tech darling can make muscle contractions and support your movements! Meet my baby #49! (laughs) | Midoriya:Um,but I really just need support for my arms! | Hatsume:Now let's start! (activates the power suit) | Midoriya:Oh woah! This thing is amazing! W-Wait,no,I take it back! My spine!

Midoriya screams in pain as grey outline appeared on the power suit.

Hatsume:End program! Looks like I made a mistake or two on the limit calculations,that's my bad. | Uraraka:Oh my gosh,are you hurt!? | Midoriya:I came in asking for some kind of arm brace,only instead that my body almost split in half! | Hatsume:Now that I think about it,I could use this suit as a capture item.

Ida:*whispers to Power Loader* Sir,I was wondering if you can improve the cooling devices on my legs. | Hatsume:If that's why you're in the market,then try this baby on! (makes him put on some weird arm-length contraption) | Ida:How did--!? | Hatsume:It's an electric booster with radiators that can coolify anything that gives off heat! I call this baby #36. | Ida:Hatsume,there's nothing wrong with my boosters! | Hatsume:You ready? Ok,ready,set,go.

She presses a button and Ida immediately flew up to the ceiling and stuck to it as his arm rockets keep propelling him upward. Mei turns off the contraption and Aeden caught Ida as we was falling down.

Ida:My quirks are on my legs,you mad woman. | Hatsume:Yeah,I know,but you don't understand! Come on,its so brilliant! If you want to cool down your legs,then why don't you run with your arms instead!

Then,sudden inspiration hits Midoriya...

All Might:You're still trying to imitate me!

(gasps) Wait,hold on. Maybe...?

Power Loader:Sorry guys,we're trying to get her to pass her own devices. | Ida:I'm not sure that'll ever happen. | Uraraka:Same. | Power Loader:Even though,if you're all aspiring to be heroes,then you should treasure your relationship with her. | Chameleon:Indeed! You'll need her when you become pros. Look at the corner! | Power Loader:That pile of junk are all of the support items Hatsume made since the start of the school year. She's always inventing,even school's not in session.

Power Loader:I've seen many support students in my career,but I tell you,this girl is something Special. | Midoriya:She made all of this in such a short time? That's nuts! | Power Loader:*Hatsume hums* Common sense is a collection of prejudices acquired by age 18,that's something Einstein said. That girl is unafraid of failure,constantly thinking of new ideas and trying them out. Innovators are people who don't feel chained down by existing concepts.

Flashes of All Might's fight and Gran Torino's training flow through his head.

Wait,I think I get it! It's so simple! I understand!

Midoriya:Ida! Aeden! Please,there's so much you two need to teach me!  | Ida:Wait,what are you talking about? You want my help with your training? We haven't made any progress on our costumes yet! | Midoriya:Oh,that's right! | Uraraka:Woah,your face totally lit up just now! | Aeden:Yeah,did you figure something out? | Midoriya:Wait,I never asked Uraraka,are you changing a part of your costume as well? | Uraraka:A little! I don't wanna feel sick anymore!

Hatsume:Ooo,you don't say? (they,excluding Aeden,all flinched when Hatsume appeared) In that case,you gotta try this out! (she holds what seems to be a barrel with a rope on one end) | Uraraka:Why do I feel like it's about to explode!? | Hatsume:*giggles* Just handle this baby with care! (suddenly smoke spews from it) | Aeden:Oh dear.

BOOM!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 91 16
A story in which an anxious girl meets an anxious boy in their early childhood, forming a long-lasting friendship. There two friends decide to set th...
212K 5.5K 18
18+ content [[Completed]] Trying to conceal your crush and keep your grades up? Proves difficult when your best friend doesn't understand why it has...
59.8K 2.2K 14
๐—ฎ ๐—ฐ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฎ๐—น ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฎ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ. ๐—ฎ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฎ ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐˜†. angst. lowercase. โ‚€โ‚ˆโ‚‹โ‚‚โ‚„โ‚‹โ‚‚โ‚€โ‚‚โ‚ โ‚œโ‚’ โ‚โ‚€โ‚‹โ‚‚โ‚„โ‚‹โ‚‚โ‚€โ‚‚โ‚
1.9K 30 10
.ใƒปใ€‚.ใƒปใ‚œโœญใƒป๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ ยปยป---->๐˜/๐ ๐‹/๐, ๐จ๐ซ ๐˜/๐•/๐ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐๐ฎ๐ฆ๐›๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐จ, ๐‡๐š๐ฐ๐ค๐ฌ. ๐“๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐š๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐š ๐ฌ๐ž...