You Stole My Heart

Por Storm-And-Snow

Nerdy, invisible and unpopular, Sarah wishes for everything she doesn't have-including football star hottie Z... Mais

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
BONUS CHAPTER
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FOURTY-ONE
CHAPTER FOURTY TWO
CHAPTER FOURTY THREE
CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR
CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE
EPILOGUE UPDATE!!!!

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

240 5 2
Por Storm-And-Snow

"Come on let's get away from here. The smell of booze and sweat is chocking me." Shane says in my ear over the deafening music. After the hype of New Years, the partying people went back to their shots, public make outs and slut like dancing. The vulgar world of teenagers everyone.

He leads me through a large doorway, which turns out to be another family room. Wow this house never ends.

I sit on one of the love seats (hmm, what a fitting name) and gesture for Shane to sit next to me. I obviously look stupid because Shane laughs, but still sits down.

"Amelia's place is huge. Who knew she had a family room right outside another dining room?" He says looking around.

Oh Shane, you're such a horrible liar. He obviously found this room while I was in the bathroom. I'm sure he wants to carry on from where we left off.

"Yeah and it's really... Private." I say leaning in closer to Shane.

Subtle.

He laughs nervously. "Yeah it is...so I was taking to Zac and- ". Almost pouncing on him I wrap my arms around his neck and slam my mouth on his, kissing him deeply. I really can't take it any longer. I'm not saying I want to make babies with him right here, right now; but the passion we had in the closet was electrifying. He maybe a sweetheart on the outside, but he's got a beast inside of him.

He kisses me back, his hands guiding their way around my back. I run my hands through his hair and he falls back onto the arm rest of the love seat, me on top of him.

Hang on...

There's passion but no intensity, no heat. I kiss him harder, but still nothing. What's going on?

I break our 'almost passionate' embrace and sit back leaning against the other arm rest. Maybe it's because we were in the small enclosed space? Or that we were in total darkness, that made our kiss more hot and alive. Because the Shane now isn't the same one from the closet.

And even though I smell alcohol, it's not as 'in-your-face' like before.

"Um wow babe, if I'd known we'd make out like that, I would have left the noise a long time ago." He says and runs hands through his hair.

Did he have some crazy amnesia attack and forget what happen not even half an hour ago??

"Haha, yeah I don't know what came over me." I say

"It's cool. So do you want to get back to where we left off??" He leans in closer and surprisingly I lean away.

"I'm sorry babe, I don't feel so well. I think someone might have spiked my drink."

"Oh, damn sorry Sarah. Let's get you home before hurl on any of the expensive furniture." He lifts me up and puts his arm around my waist, though his face is disappointed.

"Thanks. Let me go upstairs quickly and grab my shoes." Walking as fast as I can away from Shane, I feel weird about being close to him. It could have just been the alcohol, but there was something in that space that was different.

Arriving outside the open the closet, it's door is once again closed like nothing happened.

So best decision right now: don't bring it up until he does. He may just want to forget everything that's happened tonight. What if something did happen tonight while I was on the closet?

What about the slut Britney? He didn't seem to unhappy with her getting all touchy feely with him. I mean how do I know he didn't go and have a casual make out with her with her while I was trapped inside the closet.

Because you know he'd never do something like that to you...

"Sarah? Sarah!" Someone coming up the stairs calls me and Shane appears. "Hey babe, I was wondering if you got lost or something."

I snap out of my daze and smile up at him. "Yeah, got my shoes we can go."

We head downstairs and Shane says good bye to his new buddies. When he finally says goodbye to Zac, he looks like a drunken mess. Messy hair and his face dazed. Could he have been...

But my thoughts are quickly swept away when Sabrina walks around Zac, maneuvers his arm around her waist and kisses his cheek. "Nice seeing you again Sarah." She says with a satisfactory smirk.

I can't believe I was such a naïve idiot to believe Zac! All that crap he said in Disneyland was a lie. I'm pretty sure he recorded the entire conversation we had and sent it to Sabrina. She must have seriously laughed her head off.

"You too Sabrina. Come on babe lets go." I say and enclose my hand around Shane's before turning around and heading for the door.

When we parks outside my house, I kiss him passionately in a mix of fury and hope. As usual, his kiss is passionate yet sweet. No hunger, no lust for more.

"Night Babe. I'll see you later." I say breathlessly. Though it's a different kind of breathless now.

"Yeah sure. Night Sarah." He says smiling. "I love you."

"I love you too." I surprisingly say. Well I thought I said it to him in the closet so, I might as well say it once more.

Yet the words out of spite still count as saying them? I said I loved the man in the closet, so Shane right?

We share a final kiss goodbye before I close his car door and run up into the house.

All of the house lights are off and slowly sneak back into my room, before peeling off the clothes, getting into my pajamas and climbing into bed. Tears begin to fall and softly hit my pillow.

This is insane. I shouldn't be crying over anything right now. Shane and I have now both said we love each other and our relationship is at its strongest. The brief moment of passion in the closet was just that: brief.

As for Zac... He's a lying, scumbag who now is most probably drowning his face in alcohol and is making out with the first girl he sees.

Drifting off to sleep I realize I've taken the relationship Shane and I have to a whole new level.

***

When I finally get myself out of bed in the morning, my head feels like a bomb just about ready to explode and my face, from what I can see in the mirror, looks how my head feels. My eyes are now puffy from crying last night and are coated in mascara. Who doesn't love a good panda look in the morning? I take my time, to take the remaining make up off my face (try to look presentable at the least) and brush my teeth.

I still can't shake the feeling of the mystery man from last night. Because if he really is one of Sabrina's minions, then the next few weeks are likely going to be hell. I can see the posters now:

No date for Prom? never fear.
Sarah's closet services are here!!!
For all your one night stand and quick make out needs.

Someone kill me now.

Well at a party with about fifty guys, there's more or less 3 I can count out:
Shane and Zac- for obvious reasons and Ryder. I doubt he was away from sucking Amelia's face long enough last night to be in a closet with me.

Yeah. I have no career as a modern day Nancy Drew.

Well there's always Daniella. Like she said before: she's been to more of these things than I have. Something like this has bound to have happened to her, right?

I knock on my sister's door and get no response.

"Dani, it's me. I know your up. Come on please, I need some advice from something that happened last night." I ask through her door.

When there's still no response, I open it and find my sister lying in a fetal position on the bed, tears streaming down her face.

"Dani. Dani! What's wrong?" I say, crouching down next to the bed and stroke her head softly.

"I...I." Her mouth tries to form the words but no sound comes out.

"Just let it out sis."

And softly she whispers the words I never though I'd hear right now. "I think I'm pregnant."

I try and open my mouth to say something, anything.

"Did this happen in Disneyland?" I ask softly.

She nods her head and the churning feeling in my stomach tells me I don't actually want to know any more details. I can't help but ask another question.

"Have you told mom yet?"

"No. I don't think I can." She says.

Obviously noticing the thoughtful look on my face, she sits up and wipes the tears from her eyes.

"Okay baby sis. I know you've got some problems right now, but as you can see, so do I. Give me some time to think and maybe speak to mom first about this. I just really really need some time alone now, Kay?" She says through sniffs and deep breaths.

"Yeah sure, okay." I stand up, feeling a deep pain in my legs. I need to workout more.

"And last thing." She says as I'm about to leave. "Don't be as stupid as I am when you're nineteen."

I nod my head and close the door, still lost for words.

My sister pregnant. There go all her photography plans for the next year or so. She'll have no choice to start working for mom and dad, just to start earning money, plus I hate to say this, but if she is pregnant, I'm praying the father is Kevin.

I walk back to my room and sit on the bed, unsure of what to do next. I can't go to my parents, there's no way I can explain last night without them never letting me out the house again until I get married.

Carley will tell me what she said yesterday, and I doubt that will help.

Blake... This is all a joke to him!! So no thanks.

Who else can I turn to?

Sarah, the best choice you have right now is either waiting for Daniella, but that can take a few days. It sucks being impatient, but I can't wait for my sister to speak to mom.

She's always been there for me so I guess it's Carley now. As long as she understands that I just need someone to help me get my head straight.

I dial Carley and after the third ring, she answers. "Hello?"

"Hey, how fast can you get to my place?" My voice shaking.

"I'm almost out the door. Have food ready."

She ends the call and I run downstairs. Luckily finding food in this large kitchen isn't a problem. Mom had her own little NYE party last night, and because none of her guests wanted to look fat and eat, most of the untouched platters are still in the fridge.

I grab one that looks the best and heat it up. The doorbell rings.

"It's open!" I yell, soon realizing my mistake. The longer my parents sleep with no interruptions the better.

She walks into the kitchen drops her cell and car keys and pulls me into a hug. "Hey, I heard you on the phone and you sounded like you needed this."

"Thanks. I say, putting my arms around her.

She lets go and walks to the fridge, grabbing the mango juice jug. "I'm guessing a lot of shit went down last night. Grab the food and let's go chill in the living room."

"Sure just give me a sec to change." I say gesturing to my My Little Pony Pajamas and One direction T-shirt.

"Okay I'll be down here." She says.

I quickly change into a comfortable pair of track pants and Shane's oversized hoodie. His scent makes me sick with guilt and anxiety.

Back in the living room Carley has found blankets with the food and drinks on the coffee table.

"Okay so the floor is yours. What happened last night?"

I go on to tell Carley about the party, Amelia's gigantic house, how Brittany was flirting with Shane in the beginning and then how Sabrina locked me in the closet. I stop there because I'm not sure how to describe the next part.

"See and then someone found me in the closet and I thought it was Shane. He was completely drunk and he told me he loves me. Plus my mind was a wreck from being in that closet and it was dark." I pause and a wicked grin grows on Carley's face

"So what happened next?"

"Well we had a full on make out."

She jumps on the sofa and leans in a little. "And how was it?" She asks still grinning.

"To be honest... It was the hottest make out I've ever had and if I hadn't had stopped the guy, it would have gone a lot further." I say shyly.

"Ooh, go Sarah. Who knew Shane had it in him."

"Exactly, that's what I was thinking. He's usually the sweeter kind of kisser, but I knew I didn't want to go all the way, so in the middle of him gracefully moving down my neck I say 'I gotta pee'."

"Well done." Carley says and begins a sarcastic slow clap.

"Yeah yeah I know. Anyway after fixing the mess, that was my face, I go downstairs and find Shane. He looked completely sober and as if forgetting everything that happen not long ago, kissed me softly."

"What the hell?" Carley say, grabbing one of the puff pastries.

"I know right! The party went back to being wild so Shane said he wanted to get away from the people. We found another room in Amelia's never ending house and I don't know what came over me but I was not ready to have sweet Shane back yet. I stupidly seduced Shane onto one of the sofas and almost pounced on him, trying to get back into the make out. But when we kissed, he was sober. There was no heat, no fire..."

"So like a completely new person had taken over him in the closet?"

"Yeah. I mean, there was a connection in the closet and there wasn't anything after."

"So what happened next?"

"I told him I wasn't feeling well and we went home, but guess what I saw leaving. Zac looked so drunk and for a second I thought it could have been him in the closet. I mean he looked drunk, just like the guy in the closet sounded. His hair was messy and you could smell him from a mile away. Though when Sabrina walked around him and put her greasy lips on his face, I kinda lost that thought." I say softly.

"Aww Sah. I'm so sorry." Carley says, rubbing my arm.

"Yeah well I guess you were right. Zac is just playing me and will always settle for that bitch..."

"He's a pig and in a few months you can forget about him."

"Haha, yeah. Dream come true..." My disappointed voice trails off.

Before Carley can say anything else, the door bell rings.

"I'll get it don't worry." She says and I take a bite of one of the meatballs.

The door opens and I hear Carley's surprised and resentful voice. "What the hell do you want?"

"Hey is Sarah here. I need to talk to her." A familiar voice speaks and my heart stops.

"Look I doubt she has anything to say to you. So why don't you just leave?"

I run to the door before he actually does. In the doorway stands Zac looking hungover. Is it wrong to say that at the same time, there's a rough sexiness about him?

Yeah it is.

"Zac? What are you doing here." I ask softly with Carley standing over my shoulder.

"Hey Sarah. Um can I talk to you?"

I open my mouth to reply, but Carley's words take the place of my own. "Sure. Go ahead." She says in a bitter tone but still manages a sarcastic smile.

"I meant alone." Zac snarls back at her.

"Don't worry Carls. I'm okay. I tapped CSI for you. I'll be back in a sec." I turn to my best friend before she gives me concerned nod, icily glares at Zac once more and moves back into the living room.

"Do you want to talk outside?" He asks.

I nod and close the door. Soon regretting the choice of sitting outside, I cuddle on the porch seat because of the cold.

We sit in silence before Zac speaks up. "So great party last night."

Ugh. Idiot. "Zac. Why are you here?" Im really not in the mood for his crap today.
"Sarah I don't know where to begin..."

"Okay. How about I begin? After all that crap about you breaking up with Sabrina and about how inhuman she acted towards me; how after all that, at the damn party last night, she still threatened me to leave you alone. No, she told me to stay away from you AND Shane!" I scream. All the fury built in me is finally coming out.

"I didn't know she said that to you..." My furious voice takes over Zac's almost immediately.

"Bullshit! Because if you actually did have a problem like you claim to, then you wouldn't have let her clutch herself to you. So excuse me if I don't for one second believe that you give a damn about me!"

"I know I got a little drunk last night, so any person could have held on to me, and I wouldn't have known the difference but I do care about you! I told you I loved you last night." Zac stands up out of frustration and walks over to the balcony.

"When was this?!"

"In the closet!" He yells.

Oh hell no... He couldn't have said that.

My voice softens and I sit up. The cold isn't bothering me anymore.

"Wait. That was you? But I thought..."

"You thought it was Shane? No Sarah, it was me."

I stand up before my head starts spinning and I sit down again.

"Whether or not you knew it was me, we had fire Sarah. Nothing I'd ever felt before. When I was drunk the only person I could think of seeing was you. When Amelia told me Sabrina had locked you in the closet. I ran up to find you."

My head is spiraling and Zac realizes so he continues.

"When I found you, I had no filter. I wanted to tell you everything. Sarah, I know now. I love you. It's clear. I know that finding a way for me to tell you included four shots of vodka and whiskey, but I just needed to. And when you said you loved me, my body took over. I had been dreaming of that moment for weeks now. Our kiss was more than I ever hoped for."

"I can't do this Zac." I says running my hands through my hair.

He gets onto his knees in front of me, gently grabs both of hand hands and stares deeply at me."You can't tell me you felt nothing."

"Of course I felt something, it was more passion than I'd ever felt in my life, but I still remember what you said to me on Christmas Eve. Shane would never hurt me and that's what I need, because Sabrina will always be there, making my life hell."

"But Sabrina means nothing in my life!!" He growls

"Yes, but you'll always be something in hers and I can't be around you without her being in the background. It's not an ultimatum, it's the best decision for us. I'm not saying leave her for me but, if you truly mean what you say, you'll leave her for yourself, or you'll never find a girl who will love you more than anything else."

He lets go of my hands. We both stand up and before I walk away, his question stops me. "So what now?"

"I don't know. Just one thing. You cannot tell Shane about last night, about the closet. Zac it was great, but it doesn't change my my relationship. Goodbye Zac."

I step inside the house before he can say anything else. I slide to the floor with my head on my knees.

There's no tears, just confusion. Leaving Zac on my porch should feel good.

So why does it feel like the worst decision I've made this weekend...

******************************************************************************************************

Oh damn!!!!!

Long chapter!

There was a lot of proof reading and fixing up to be done, so there's an excuse for it being so late and we were too excited to leave anything for the next chapter.

So who saw that coming (well there was a huge hint in the last chapter but still we though it was a good surprise ;) ).

So it seems like Sarah's finally made her choice, but isn't too happy with it. What do you think she should do?

And okay we bet no one suspected the Daniella thing??? Huge twist, we will keep you guys up to date with that.

thank you thank you so much with the support. I don't think you realize how much we sit and squeal when we see more and more reads. Honestly, we sound like mutated hamsters.

Please, please please! Don't forget to COMMENT on who you think Sarah should chose and click that VOTE button if you are enjoying the book.

See you next chapter

xoxo

Storm and Snow

-------------------

**mini Message from Storm**

So hey readers. I don't know if you guys have seen, but with this chapter I've also added in a new book. It's an idea I've had in my head for sometime now. Please go check it out and tell me what you think. It's called Life Of A Runaway. There's notes in the book for more info. So yeah. Please please go check it out!

Thank you!!!!!

xoxo
Storm

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

One of the Boys Por Anonymous

Ficção Adolescente

1.6M 48.1K 21
Ally has always been one of the boys. That is, until she realizes that she has feelings for her best friend, Zac, who happens to be the hottest guy...
10.2K 239 19
"Hi my name is Amelia and this is my life... I was just another ordinary girl before that thing happened:High School. My first day on Riverroad High...
The Lucky Bump Por liv814

Ficção Adolescente

404K 9K 26
{Highest Ranking: #160 in Teen Fiction & #1 in Love at First Sight} Zac Logan thought he had everything. His parents were filthy rich. He was captain...
Playing for Keeps Por Rylee

Ficção Adolescente

253K 6.1K 39
Summer and Bryce used to hate each other, until they found out they shared the same passion. Soccer. They fell in love with each other. But now as th...