Author Becomes Character

By ShairaMaeMafe

Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping in... More

DISCLAIMER
Chapter 1: Reincarnation
Chapter 2: Family
Chapter 3: God Blessing Ceremony
Chapter 5: The Nobility's Hobbies
Chapter 6: The Final Exam

Chapter 4: Resolution

4.5K 193 41
By ShairaMaeMafe

From inside the Sapphire, I observed my new parents' reaction.

Am I gonna be neglected again? will they hate me?

I felt my heart squeeze inside my chest thinking about what will happen next.

My mother was the first to approach me, and she reached out her hand to take me out of the ball of mana. I noticed the sapphire change color from its normal blue to a light blue as soon as my mother's hand reached inside to get me.

I guess I truly lack any magical abilities.

"Don't worry, Anya, Mommy will protect you," she said as she cradled me in her arms.

Hearing her say that made me feel warm inside.

"She is our daughter, magic or no magic, and that will never change! "Father said firmly, as if to console me and my mother.

"The Princess is still the Princess, with or without magic. This has happened before, so don't be concerned, Princess," Mister Detemir said as he stroked my hair.

"Hey! Hands off!" Father said as he slap Mister Detemir's hand away from me

"Anya, Mommy and Daddy will always love you no matter what" Mom said and kissed my forehead

"If the Princess is interested after her coming of age ceremony she can learn other self defense classes, like swordsmanship or she can also be my apprentice, The church do not discriminate people plus I do not mind having such a cute apprentice" Mister Detemir said with a smile and winked at me.

"That will never happen" Father said with a frown

Despite the heavy feeling in my heart I can't help myself from smiling. I am truly loved in this world.

While they argued about what I should do next, I didn't pay much attention. Instead, I thought about what I could do in this magical world. Even though I didn't have any magic powers, I decided to follow my dream anyway. If I couldn't use magic, then I'd find something else to do.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

"Anya, I heard about the God Blessing from Mom and Dad," my crowned prince of the empire, Tristan, remarked, both of my brothers now in my chamber with sullen expressions.

"Don't wowy Brothew, I'll be a strong warrior someday!" I exclaimed proudly. I'm still a one-year-old baby, so claiming things like this doesn't come across as haughty.

Both of my brothers looked at each other, then at me, and now they appeared to be more relaxed.

"Anya doesn't have to be a warrior; I'll protect Anya," Brother Calvin exclaimed, looking at me as if he'd discovered his lifelong goal.

"Yes, like Calvin said, Anya just has to be Anya; she doesn't have to do anything," Brother Tristan replied affectionately as he stroked my head.

That sounds appealing, but I want to be a main character, I want to make a difference in the world, I mean, I have memories from my past life, so why is that? Please don't tell me it's a coincidence. There has to be a reason behind everything. There has to be something!

"But Anya want to Pwotect Brothers too" I said as I looked up to them

My brothers both held their hearts and looked at me with tears in their eyes.

"Anya will be strong and protect both bwother in the future too!" I said while looking at them with determination

"Ah, to have such a cute sister," said Brother Tristan, staggering backwards and covering his mouth.

"Let's do that!! Let's be strong and protect each other!" Brother Calvin, on the other hand, certainly appears excited and dashes out of the room with the speed of a superhero I've only seen in movies back on Earth.

Years passed, and before I knew it, I was six years old. Today was supposed to be my coming-of-age ceremony, but since I don't have any magic, there was no need to test my mana capacity.

A ball will be held to commemorate my coming of age. My Nanny told me that reaching the age of six is significant for nobles because it marks the beginning of their social circle and attendance at tea parties.

I'm excited to be able to go out without Mom and Dad, but what happens tomorrow excites me even more.

The first day of my Basic self-defense instruction begins tomorrow. Brother Calvin explained to me that basic self-defense is the foundation of all martial arts, and that once I've learned it, I'll be able to pick which weapon I wish to master. My brother has been preparing to be a swordsman since completing his mandatory education at the academy. He is now a disciple of retired master swordsman Sir Condoriano, and has been studying under him for a year, ever since Brother completed his compulsory education at the age of 11.

On the other side, Brother Tristan is carrying out his obligations as a Crowned Prince. He is now directly under the authority of our father and has been dispatched to several locations. I haven't seen my brother in a long time, and I'm wondering how he's doing and if he'll be here for the Ball later.

After adjusting my hair, the maids around me mused, "Princess Anya, you look absolutely stunning."

In the mirror, I examined myself. I'm still in disbelief that this is me.

Ocean blue eyes, silver white hair, scarlet lips, and rosy cheeks. I appear to be both gorgeous and otherworldly. I pinched my cheeks up to double-check that the person staring back at me in the mirror was indeed me.

"Anya!" I turned to face the source of the loud voice and saw Brother Calvin smiling at me through the door.

"Prince Calvin! I already told you that running in the hallway is forbidden! There are eyes everywhere today, so please be extra careful," My Nanny said to Brother Calvin, who was standing by the door frame.

"Brother!" I exclaimed as I ran up to him, and he naturally opened his arms wide.

I hugged him and he lifted me up

"You are abnormally small Anya, look, I can carry you like a baby," Bother Cal said as he allowed me to sit on his forearm and supported my back with his other hand.

"I'm not small! You're just too tall!" I said while puffing my cheeks

True, but could it have been due to magic? Despite the fact that he is only 12 years old, my brother is quite tall. He's as tall as Daddy now, and I'd say he's at least 180 cm tall.

"Princess!" Nanny Anna was about to scold me when someone unexpectedly entered the room.

"just let her be this time, Anna" a familiar voice said from behind

When I turned around, I saw Brother Tristan.

"Brother Tris!" I said as I stretched my hand to him

he took me from Brother Cal's arms and hugged me

"Happy Birthday Anya, are you ready?" He asked with a smile

"Hm" I said and nodded my head with a big smile.

As I descend the Stairs to the Great Ballroom, both of my brothers are holding my hand. Everyone's attention is on us, so I was a little nervous, but then I saw Mom and Dad sitting on their throne in the front most corner of the room.

I can't help but smile as I look at Mother's expression, which seems to say, "You can do it!"

At the time, I didn't notice the people below gasping; many of the nobles, particularly the lower-ranking ones, were seeing me for the first time.

For a long time, rumors have swirled around me, the Princess of the Empire, especially since the entire empire is aware that I am Magic-less.

When I arrived at the platform where the royal family's thrones are located, my brothers walked to their respective thrones, and I was about to walk to mine as well, when I felt someone pick me up.

It was Dad, and he sat on his throne, forcing me to sit on one of his thighs.

People who were whispering earlier stopped, and the entire ballroom fell silent.

I tried to look at Mom to get a sense of what was going on, but all I saw was Mom staring at the Nobles below with eyes as cold as snow.

What's up with this atmosphere, I can't help but wonder?

I touched Daddy's chest to draw his attention, and he turned to face me.

"Daddy," I said, my eyes wide with concern.

Dad just pinched my cheeks a little, then a person dressed extravagantly appeared and spoke some flowery words, and the party began as if the suffocating atmosphere earlier had been an illusion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 88 52
Identity crisis? What's that? ---- An earthling's soul was born into an incompatible, human body. Their muscles misbehaved, their skin and body fel...
3.9K 148 32
From a fulfilled life to a powerful lizard?! Lena(now Lava), whom accepted an early death, is now fated to live the longest! After losing her mother...
6K 257 13
As an avid- but pretty unsuccessful- writer of fantasy fiction, I know that dragons are pretty much the pinnacle of existence. I dare anyone to argue...