Thor: The Dark World(Book 2)

נכתב על ידי ScarletWitch19

In the aftermath of the Battle of New York, fourteen-year-old Kaitlyn Summers has been living in London. Afte... עוד

Cast
Chapter 1- The Aether Awakens
Chapter 2- Journey to Asgard
Chapter 4- Into Eternity
Chapter 5- Escaping the Realm
Chapter 6- Svartalfheim
Chapter 7- Earth
Chapter 8- The Convergence
Chapter 9- Can't Stay
Chapter 10- The Dream

Chapter 3- Invasion of Asgard

242 7 2
נכתב על ידי ScarletWitch19

The next day, I woke up in the new room prepared for me after I arrived in Asgard. I slowly rose up from the couch and briefly looked around. I wrapped myself in a black shawl and stepped out onto the balcony. The sun shone brightly over the city of Asgard. The sky was a magnificent blue as birds flew across, their sweet sounds filling the air. Beautiful golden towers glittered against the sunlight as they stood high above the ground. Far off in the distance, I could see the rainbow bridge. It ran across a big body of water, beaming and shimmering with magical colors.

"Whoa," I whisper, astounded by Asgard's beauty.

I walk back inside, and I notice three beautiful dresses standing next to a window. They had a different color and their own unique designs. One dress was a white and gold color. The second was a light purple. And the last one was a dark blue color. The dark blue dress had a silver breastplate, and it came with silver metal bracelets. I put on the dark blue dress, and after wrapping myself with the black shawl, I leave my room and explore more of Asgard.

~*~

I went into town and was admiring the scenery around me when something caught my eye. I looked up and noticed a small bronze sphere floating in the air with silver metal rings surrounding it. I turned my head to see Thor and saw him smiling at me as he watched me looking up at the sphere that was hovering above me.

"This is amazing!" I exclaim. "What is this thing?"

I point my finger to touch it and once I do, the sphere falls into my hands. "Cool!" Pure joy filled my face as I examined the little bronze sphere.

"Uh, Kaitlyn?" Thor says, walking over to me.

"Hmm? What?" I say, looking up at Thor.

"You have their ball," Thor says, pointing to the three little children sitting across from us. They looked bored, waiting for me to pass the ball to them.

"Oh." I say. I turn to the kids and gently throw the ball back at them. They catch it and smile as they run off with the ball. Thor and I smile at each other, and we start to walk through the streets of Asgard.

~*~

"When you came for me, you knew I was in trouble,"I say as Thor and I stand side by side outside the palace, leaning over the edge of a balcony.

"Heimdall had lost sight of you. You were no longer on Earth." Thor responds.

"How is that possible?" I ask.

"I believe you were, and you weren't. The Nine Realms travel within Yggdrasil, orbiting Midgard much the way your planets orbit the sun." Thor begins to explain. "And every five thousand years, the worlds align perfectly, and we call this the Convergence. During this time, the borders between worlds become blurred. It's possible you found one of these points. We are lucky that it remained open. Once the worlds pass out of alignment, then the connection is lost."

"What's going to happen to me?" I ask.

"I'll find a way to save you, Kaitlyn," Thor reassures me.

"Am I going to die?"

"No. I won't let that happen." Thor says, placing a hand on my cheek.

"Your father. He said there was..."

"My father doesn't know everything," Thor says.

"Don't let him hear you say that." I hear a woman from behind me say. I turn around to see a beautiful older woman with red hair, wearing a blue and silver dress and a grey shawl.

"Kaitlyn Summers, please meet Frigga, Queen of Asgard, and my mother." Thor introduces.

"Hi." I smiled as I did a little curtsy.

Frigga took her hands in mine. "Thor has told me so much about your adventures on Earth. You are quite brave. You have the makings of a true warrior."

I smile at Frigga when, suddenly, we become startled at the sound of a prison alarm.

"The prisons," Frigga says as Thor looks at her.

"Loki," Thor says.

Oh, no. With all the excitement of traveling to Asgard and the sightseeing, I had forgotten that Loki was still here, locked away in a dungeon for crimes he committed back on Earth. I looked up at Thor to see him giving me a concerned look. I must have looked pale to him when a sick feeling started to come over me.

Thor hesitated to do anything when his mother ordered him to go to the prisons. "I will look after her."

Thor nods, and holding out his hand, Mjolnir swoops in and lands into his hand. I watch as he jumps off the balcony and flies to the prison.

~*~

"Send a squadron to the weapons vault. Defend it at all costs. Secure the dungeon." I hear Odin order his soldiers as I follow Frigga through the corridor of the palace.

"Odin," Frigga says.

"Frigga." Odin turns to one of his guards. "Go!" He looks back at Frigga and me. "It's a skirmish. Nothing to fear."

"You've never been a very good liar," Frigga says. I become distracted when I hear the marching sounds of more soldiers walking down the corridor and getting ready for battle. Among them was a beautiful Asgardian woman with long dark hair wearing red and silver armor, carrying a shield and a sword.

"Take her to your chambers." Odin orders. "I'll come for you when it's safe."

"You take care."

"Despite all I have survived, my queen still worries over me." Odin places his hand on her cheek.

"It's only because I worry over you that you have survived," Frigga says. The two of us watch as Odin walks away with his soldiers.

I followed Frigga down the hall and watched as she swiftly took a knife away from one of the soldiers. She leans into me and whispers. "Listen to me now. I need you to do everything I ask, no questions."

"Yes, ma'am."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Malekith has invaded Asgard and Kaitlyn will come face to face with him. Will she have what it takes to stop him? Find out in the next chapter!

Oh, also here is a general idea of what dress Kaitlyn will be wearing throughout the book.

If you've liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote. Let me know what you think. Feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for reading!

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

9.9K 352 28
Tony, Steve, Thor, Bruce, Loki, Bucky, Clint, Natasha, Wanda, and Pietro are all tired and wanted to relax... but nooooo, Fury is not going to allow...
167K 6.4K 24
UNEDITED* Katie is a not so normal nineteen year old who has been with SHIELD all her life, and now she is asked by Loki himself to speak with him. L...
5.7K 236 61
[NOT EDITED] A seemingly ordinary girl, life is changed when she is mysteriously kidnapped by Odin, the ruler of Asgard. Imbued with newfound superpo...
82.8K 1.9K 38
Aurora Odinsdottir, the youngest of Odins children. She is the Goddess of the Sun, princess of Asgard and the little sister to the legendary and anno...