Mad Ember

By Ayee_Lovelies

**COMPLETED** The year is 2260. Radiation levels are reaching impossible highs, and humans are dying at a rap... More

C A S T
P L A Y L I S T
P R O L O U G E
1: Clunk
2: Favors
3: Alien
4: Strangers
5: Symptoms
6: Hopeless
7: Relief
8: Witches
9: Flashbacks
10: Dog
11: Attack
12: Together
13: Connection
14: Saved?
15: Friends
16: Kisses
17: Tensions
18: Falling
19: Acceptance
20: Revalations
21: Blood
22: Scared
23: Demons
24: Family
25: Gone
26: Reunion
27: Awake
28: Bonded
29: Cheated
30: Betrayal
31: Challenge
32: losses
33: Treehouse
34: Giggles
35: Annoyed
36: Disagreements
37: Alone
38: Searching
39: Found
41: Spells
42: Rouges
43: Bats
44: Broken
45: Ancestor
46: Reunited
E P I L O G U E
BONUS CHAPTER #1
FIRST PRINT!
Running Mad Update & Explanation

40: Restraints

769 53 2
By Ayee_Lovelies

The songs I add before a chapter hint to the feelings and messages that will rise within it. It gives my characters a real voice. It brings them to life. All songs will be provided! :) And the playlist is on spotify!

S O N G F O R C H A P T E R : "Game of Survival"
B Y : Ruelle

I watch as Corban's face is crimpled with pain, and his eyes glaze over. Mine go wide as I watch some male bat pull him away from me.

I can't let Collet win. I can't be the sole reason for a species extinction. My eyes dart to the cliff and before my brain can let me know what's happening, my legs are running towards the cliff at full speed. It's the only way I can put an end to everything. I have to die.

But the I'm paralyzed. Collet. Four bats rush to hold me back. I scream bloody murder when Collet walks over to Corban.

"Don't you touch him!" I scream kicking with all my energy to escape the vice grips that these bats have on my arms.

"Collet stop this!" I scream and she just chuckles and looks back over at me. I once again attempt to free myself but something pinches in my shoulder. I'm assuming they gave me the same serum that they just gave Corban. I see Daniel, Easton, and Merek from the forest, and I scream out to them to help Corban. Daniel runs for Corban, and Easton and Merek run for me.

The men holding me drop me to the ground, and I fall down quickly, completely unable to move any of my limbs.

"Ember!" Easton screams and attempts to run for me. But a bat throws him in the air and out of the small field.

"Enough of this." I hear Collet sneer, and then Corban, Easton, Daniel, and Merek are all tossed like rag dolls out of the small clearing that we are in. Collet walks over to me and bends down so that she is at my level.

"In three days, you'll wake up, and we're making the sacrifice. Until then, I'm keeping you locked far away and out of sight. Enjoy your nap, little one, you've lost."

♛ ♛ ♛

Everything is dark. I can feel that the room I am in is very small and brings up a sense of claustraphoicness. It smelt horrible. Like mold and mildew. The walls are a thick stone that has moss growing on them. They are cold and wet to the touch and a shiver courses through my body.

Where am I?

I try to recall what led up to this. I remember going for a run then coming back. Daniel, Easton, and Corban were planning to go behind my back. I ran. I was going to kill Collet but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

All the years that I spent with her crept up on me. No matter how evil she is, I couldn't bring myself to kill her. I hesitated and walked off. I planned to kill myself instead. But Corban found me... Just in time too. We fought, like really fought I cringe. I hate remembering that. Collet drugged me.

I attempt to sit up but I can only lift my head. I'm laying on a hard concrete block in the middle of this room and both my hands and feet are tightly shackled to it's corners. I let out a groan and attempted to look more around the room. I lift my head back and see iron bars, the outside world is just behind them.

Only a thin, scratchy cream sheet covers me and underneath I am completely bare. I shiver as I feel my naked body touching every crack and crevice of the stone that I am on.

"Hey!" I yell attempting to angle my head to project my voice. It's cracky and sounds foreign to my ears. I struggle and thrash against my restraints.

"I'm in here!" I yell but my voice most likely doesn't reach out of the room. It sounds like I've smoked all my life and eat sandpaper as a hobby. I thrash more and the sounds echo louder than my voice could go.

How the hell am I going to get out of this. I can't let the sacrifice happen. It would mean the end of the world.

I thrash against my restraints more in an attempt to gain attention from something other than the rats in this cell.

"Hey!" I attempt to scream again. Soon enough I hear a collection of rushed voices right outside of the door that's across from my feet. I lift my head up as far as I can so I can see who will or will not walk through.

"How is the sacrifice awake?" I hear a muffled voice ask.

"It shouldn't be possible, what does this mean? We have to tell our head." I thrash more.

"Hey idiots I'm in here!" I scream but I hear their retreating footsteps. I let out a cry and my head fell back onto the slap that I lay on. A tear slowly slides down my cheek.

I don't know what to do.

I'm lost.

I hear voices once again and thrash trying to get their attention. This time it sounds like more. I angle my head upwards so I can see if anyone walks into this room. I hear the turning of multiple locks and then the door slowly creaked open.

In walks the all famous, Collet.

She looks at me in confusion and walks over to the side wall. I struggle in my shackles and she simply places a finger on me, mumbles something, and in result I can't move any part of my body. Tears fall down my cheeks at how utterly helpless I am.

I am at her will.

"You have only been asleep for two days. You shouldn't be awake yet little one." Collet says. I look away from her and hear her sigh.

"I hope you know that what you are doing, this sacrifice, it makes you a hero. You will be worshiped in the witch community for years to come."

"Bats." I sneer and her face morphes to anger. "You and your pathetic coven are nothing more than bat-" She cuts off with a hard slap on my face. The area stings, but I hold back my tears.

"You should feel honored. You Ember, are the elite, you survived." Collet smiles.

"I was ready to die! You should have let me!" I scream. Collet sneers at me.

"I do love you little one." I scoff and shake my head to the best of my ability.

"Don't kid yourself." I couldn't think about all the years I spent with Collet. All of the tears I shared with her. All of the struggles she helped me through. I was her puppet and from day one she has been brainwashing me. It was a lie and it made me sick.

"Why am I awake?" I question with no emotion in my voice." Collet looks at me and cocks her head. I can see her attempting to figure me out.

"I was hoping you would be able to tell me that."

"How the hell would I know? You drugged me. Stripped me of my clothes violating me, locked me in a cell, and hurt me. How could I know anything in this situation." Collet looks down at me past her nose. She sneers.

"You should be grateful. I'm saving you from a life of heartache. I'm saving you from a pack of mutts." Tears fall when I think of everybody back home. My heart physically aches when I think about my friends, about Corban. I miss them so much.

I want to wrap my arms around Corban and tell him how sorry I am. I want to tell him how much I love him and beg him to hear the truth in my words. I want to kiss him and I want him to kiss me. The bond twists, but it's presence soothes me.

"You are not saving me Collet." I whisper, tears in my eyes. She laughs.

"You think they actually love you-" I cut her off before she can say anymore.

"No. I don't think I know. That pack and I are family. Nothing you say will taint my perspective on how they see me. Because I know the truth."

"Don't kid yourself."

"I'm not." I state. Collet crosses her arms. She walks towards the door, but before she leaves she turns around and looks at me, anger morphs all of her features.

"Oh little one, you deserve everything coming your way." She goes to walk out of the door but I scream after her.

"I'll kill you! I'm going to fucking kill you Collet!" She laughs

"Oh little one, you can't kill me. Even if you could, you wouldn't be able to bring yourself to do it. You'll hesitate. Again." And with that, she walks out of the room and slams the door behind her.

"Fuck you!" I scream thrashing against my restraints.

"Fuck you Collet!"

_______________

I'm apologize for the short chapter again. There are only about 10 chapters left in the book. I plan on doing an epilouge as well. But, unfortunatly to fit the story and the mood, it's very hard to make the next few chapters long without it seeming like it's only fluff or useless words.

If it really bugs you guys, let me know and I'll combine some chapters. I know how I am with books with short chapters so I want to give you an out. Let me know if you have a prefrence!

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

Thanks lovelies!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 41.4K 33
When the war started. We helped. We fought. Soon the humans were gone. Wiped out by us. But not before making a weapon that doomed us long after they...
75.3K 3.1K 61
(Condensed scene from the POV of Kayla) I can never have children, and I'm sure my mate felt what happened to me. If I ever meet him, he is sure to r...
100K 2.2K 32
I looked into the magazine again not sure if I was seeing things. 'Mate.' My wolf growled again. How can this be? How can my mate be a human and what...
198K 5.7K 62
Hi Readers, Before you read this book, I just wanted to say that I am currently in the process of rewriting this story. Changes, whether they are bi...