Cakes, Country Clubs, and the...

Por wondergracie

Little Bites Cupcake Bakery employee meets big shot Styles Incorporation CEO. What could go wrong ? Answer:... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 5

116 8 10
Por wondergracie

"Do I look okay?"

Spinning around in the mirror, I took a last minute glance at myself before turning away from my own reflection and facing Sabrina. According to Louis, the dress code put in place for guests was mandatory for ourselves as well. We were required to ditch our usual uniforms, which was an outfit that included a usual get up of blouses and aprons, and instead switch them out for a more formal attire.

Sabrina jumped immediately at the idea of dressing up, taking the makeup and clothing choices into her own hands. She had a whole room dedicated to her closet, which happened to be two times larger than my actual bedroom.

To say the least, it was fancy.

It also kind of gave me Hannah Montanta secret closet vibes.

Walking into it, one of the first things you spotted was a large island that stood high in the middle of the room and a gorgeous bouquet of flowers flaunting right on top. Above it was a beyond gorgeous chandelier, gems, which I assumed were diamonds due to the girls expensive taste, hanging down from the legs of it.

Clothing and accessories decorated each of the many walls; blouses on one shelf, purses on another, shoes lining multiple racks by the entrance. To say the least, Sabrina had it all. Yet, her ability to stay modest about it was outstanding. If you knew her you wouldn't assume for a second that she was this insanely wealthy teenager.

Once again turning away from the hanging body mirror, I looked over at Sabrina, who had herself perched on the cushioned couch beside me, waving my hands in a motion up and down to signify what I was talking about.

"Is it too casual?" I mumble, racking my hands up and down my dress nervously. "I don't know if this is formal enough, I've never been to a rich person club before". My fingers continue to mindlessly play with the hem of the material, fiddling with the loose strings that poked out. Any time nerves got to be too much, I had a tendency to try to busy my hands with whatever I could to distract myself. Sadly, this meant my dress fell victim to my careless fidgeting.

Sabrina, aware of my nervous tactics, shook her head slightly in response. Because of my inability to read her true intentions, her gesture only caused my nerves to skyrocket even higher than just the previous seconds before.

Sensing this, she automatically lets out a small laugh, pushing her hands on the couch to hoist herself up and walk towards me.

Taking my hands into her own, she gives them a quick squeeze. "Gracie you look gorgeous, calm down", she smiles, her teeth showing slightly. With a slight push at my shoulder, her teasing demor quickly shines through once again. "And are you suggesting that my fashion taste is too 'casual'?" she laughs, "That's a little harsh don't you think".

My nerves shy away slightly with her little comment, nodding my head agreeance. Sabrina's ability to dress to impress was just in fact that: impressive.

"No of course not" I comment back, joining in with her snickering. "I'm just nervous that's all".

"Don't be, you look hot" she assures with a smile, pushing me towards the island so that she could finish up with my hair. Her comment does make me feel a lot better, and I give myself one more glance in the mirror before she pulls me away.

Sabrina's closet was similar to a shopping mall, if I was being honest. It had almost everything that you could dream of. For tonight's catering event, she of course took matters of dressing up into her own hands, considering that my usual outfit consisted of sport shorts and t-shirts.

What I call cute and comfy, she calls lazy.

Considering that it only takes me about a minute to get dressed and out the door, opposed to her three hour daily preparations, she isn't exactly incorrect.

Tonight I was dressed up in a white mini v-neck halter sling waist tie dress, that was decorated with ruffles along the bottom skirt. Because the club was located along Santa Monica State Beach, Sabrina issited I go along with the theme of it. In a way, the attire gave off classic summer formal vibes.

I had to admit, the girl knew what she was doing when making me wear this. It did look absolutely gorgeous on. With my hair, she curled them into simple beach waves, and finished off the look with light makeup.

For herself, she dressed into a baby blue knee length dress that complemented her tan skin extremely well. Her own curly hair was matted down so that it gave off a more classic look, opposed to the electrocuted one she could get with a rough night of partying.

Her words, not mine.

And in all honesty, I was jealous of her locks. I'd kill for that thick of hair.

Similar to my own face, makeup was minimal, with only a bit of mascara, blush and highlighter decorating her skin.

She was right about what she said before. We did look hot.

Grabbing my phone, taking a look at the screen before slipping it into the spandex I secretly wore beneath my dress, I took hold of the heels perched on the counter and quickly slipped them on. "We've got ten minutes before we have to rush out of here and grab the desserts to head over" I say, looking over towards her for confirmation. "You ready?"

Giving herself a quick brush down and a look in the mirror, she turns back towards me to give me a thumbs up and makes a grab for a matching pair of heels on the wall.

Once I managed to tear Sabrina away from the mirror, we piled into her porsche. I'd never really seen Sabrina so nervous about how she looked, yet today was one of the few times I could see the anxiety poking through. I figured pointing it out would only make her more nervous, a just decided to narrow the reason being on her seeing Louis again.

I could tell she had an interest in him the moment I saw their exchange over the countertop. The body language between the two made it obvious that they had a history together, one of which I knew very little about. When I questioned her about it, she just pushed the subject away insisting they were 'good friends'.

Well, I don't know about other people, but you don't see me rubbing up on Sabrina like that because we're 'good friends'.

When we managed to finally pack the car up with the desserts, which we ensured were safely stored away, I made a quick grab for the aux before Sabrina managed to settle herself into the driver's seat.

The moment she realized that the music playing through the speakers wasn't her own, her head rolled over to the side and gave me an exasperated look. "You can't be serious, I just did all this work to make you all prettied up!" she exclaimed, pulling her seatbelt over her chest.

"You snooze you lose" I comment in return, a slight shrug of my shoulders explaining that I could care less.

The Spice girls are back.

Before I can even begin belting out the lyrics, Sabrina takes the volume nobe and turns it all the way down giving me another glance.

"What the heck 'Brina" I yelp, taken a little by surprise by her actions. She usually doesn't argue back about aux cord privileges.

"No ma'm, I dressed you up, I get to choose".

A small 'hmph' makes it way out of my lips as I slightly slump down into my seat. I had to admit it was a little childish, but I didn't care too much about how I looked at the moment.

"But Spice Girls" I whine, crossing my hands across my chest, remaining slouched.

Sabrina felt the need to point out that the way I was situated resembled one of an upset toddler when they don't get the toy they wanted.

Making a grab for the phone, she swats at my hand before I can get a hold on it once more.

"I'll make you a deal", she says, trying to negotiate her way out of my little tantrum. "We're playing my music, but you choose whatever you want off my playlist".

Flashing my best attempt at puppy dog eyes, which probably resemble a raccoon more than a dog, I attempt once more at persuading her. However, by the unbudged expression on her face, I figure it's better to give up then risk us being late because of a disagreement over music.

"Fine" I huff, grabbing her phone and plugging in the cord, swiping through the different playlist she had set up. I didn't necessarily dislike her music, I just preferred my taste over her own.

Attempting to choose a decent artist, I continue swiping through the list until I find myself on the last few choices. I find my finger hovering over an artist I'm not particularly familiar with, and tapping on their icon to view the list of their hits.

"Who's 'One Direction'" I mumble, thumbing through the song choices until I settle on one called 'Midnight Memories'. It seemed like a decent name, therefore making me think it would also be a decent song.

Before Sabrina even gets a chance to say anything else, the music is filling the car and blasting through the stereo speakers. The song has a rock edge, while also maintaining the pop aspect that so many girls adore.

And I'm not gonna lie. I really like it.

One, Two, Three
Straight off the plane to a new hotel
Just touched down, you could never tell
A big house party with a crowded kitchen
People talk (shh) but we don't listen

Tell me that I'm wrong but I do what I please
Way too many people in the Ad-

The abrupt stop of the music causes me to turn my head back over to Sabrina, assuming the cease was because of a jam with the cord. However, the ghostly expression that had taken over her face was a give away that that wasn't the case.

"You look like you've seen a ghost", I laugh slightly, hoping to ease the tension that some how just appeared.

She shakes her head slight, quietly mumbling "Something like that" in return, eyes staring straight into the road. If anything she looked freaked out, but I couldn't exactly understand how my choice in music could do that to her. It isn't that bad...

Or is it?

Going back to fix the speakers so that the music would continue playing, I reach over the middle console and reach for the volume knob. However Sabrina's hand, once again, intercepts my actions.

"Just pick a different song", she urges, handing her unlocked phone back over to me. This time I chose one called "Home".

As the music begins playing through the car, my friend reaches over and tugs her phone out of my hand. "I meant a different artist", a hint of obvious irritation in her tone. I hadn't realized that I did anything wrong, but instead of trying to push her buttons anymore, I tap out of One Directions set list options and go onto another's artist station instead.

Besides the music that played throughout the car, the car ride was silent. Neither of us tried to make any further conversation, myself figuring it was for the best. I didn't realize how I made my friend upset, therefore tried to keep any remarks about what just happened to myself.

Although the drive was short, it felt much longer then it typically should have. With long passing minutes, Sabrina finally pulled into the parking lot of the club.

"We're here".

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

884K 41K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
1K 229 96
This is basically just pictures from his Live on tour, tour. I don't actually own any of them, but was just thinking about things and since there's n...
8.8K 188 61
"Whether we're from different schools, different states, different countries, i will Always follow you."
101K 2.8K 11
Piper Kelley is a second grade teacher in Boston who has completely dedicated her life to her career. She's given up hope of being anything but a tea...