Unrequited

By spaceunicorn3002

•Unrequited• /ʌnrɪˈkwʌɪtɪd/ adj (of a feeling, especially love) not returned Hannah Kowen moved away from eve... More

Disclaimer
Young and Naive
Introductions
Oh Shit, Here We Go Again
My Life Hates Me
Awkward Encounters
The Dinner
Wounds Reopened

I Hate Shopping

9 0 0
By spaceunicorn3002

*ON THE WAY*

I'm riding my bike, letting myself slip into thoughts about last night. I hadn't thought about it all morning. Everything's flashing back like pangs in my head.

Matthew. His face, his hair, that bald weirdo, and the fact that we met after 5 years and I did that. I groan to myself, completely ignoring the fact that I'm still riding my bike.

Without realizing it, I crash into a silver car. Ugh, again. Ou, whoever's driving this car sucks, it's so nice. Damn, I gotta admit, they have good taste.

The car door opens, I'm ready to profusely apologize, and act like a total lunatic.

A full head of brown hair emerges from the car. Ou, he seems good-looking. Perk for me I guess.

"Yeah, sir, I'm so sorry- Stefan?" he steps out of the car and looks at me confusedly with a half-smile.

"Han? How? Wha-? You know I'm not even going to ask," Stefan walks over and looks at the side of his car. The place that used to be shiny, silver and smooth was now scratched, gray and rough. Hehe, oops.

Stefan sighs and rubs his forehead. "I'm so sorry Stef, I really am. I'm just having an off day. I swear, I'll pay for the damage, you could just send me the bill or like-" Stefan puts his hand up to shut me up.

"It's fine Han. It was an accident, it's fine," Stef gives me a slightly sad smile. Man, he's really pretty.

"No, you have to let me pay, or do something else to make it up to you. Pleasseee? I will start jumping up and down like the lunatic I am. You have been warned, kid" I raise my eyebrows at him and make the move to start jumping.

Stefan grabs my shoulders before we draw more unwanted attention to us. "Okay, okay. You know there might be something you could do for me-" he says with a glint of excitement in his green eyes. Uh oh. "-Dinner" he states plainly.

This kid has gone insane I swear to Merlin. "Dinner?" Stefan nods "I crashed into your amazing car, and you want dinner to make it up to you?" Stefan nods again with a huge grin on his face.

"Uh, okay?-" I smirk. "- I mean who wouldn't want some of this?" I gesture to myself.

"Okay, then your place? Friday? 7 O'clock? I'll bring cake!" Stefan asks in a sing-song voice, looking weirdly excited.

"Yeah, okay. See you Friday then! I gotta get to work right now, we'll talk later Stef," Stefan gives me a side hug and hops into his car.

"Fridayyyy!" he sings as he goes down the road. Weirdo.

Wait, is this a date? Am I going to be on a date with Stefan? I mean, we're just friends. But then why am I nervous?

*TIMESKIP*

"But I don't wanna gooo!" I whine.

I am currently being dragged out of my apartment against my will. I told Eva about this supposed "date" with Stefan, and let's just say she's a bit more excited than I am.

"Hannah, you dress like an old lady who's attempting to be "hip". You either wear something from the clothes I have, of my choice, or we're going shopping," I think about Eva's wardrobe choice. She has a great selection but like, only stuff her killer body could rock.

"Fine, we'll go shopping. But, we have to get food after." Eva cheers and seizes my arm and we leave the apartment arm in arm.

*AT THE BOUTIQUE*

"Eva! You said we were going to go to the mall!" I sigh as Eva brings us into this amazing-looking boutique.

The entrance itself is gorgeous. The ceiling is graced with the elegance of a crystal chandelier, which is perfectly complemented by the sheen marble flooring. There're beautiful sets of flowers in large vases lining the front entrance. The boutique is lit up with soft yellow lights.

"Ev, you do realize I work at a bakery right? I mean there's no way in hell I could afford any of these clothes," I whisper to Eva who has a super smug look on her face.

"Don't worry about it. Let's just say the owner owes me a little favour," Eva winks at me and speeds ahead.

"Juliette!" Eva runs forward and hugs a blonde, gorgeous lady. The lady (who I'm assuming is Juliette) is a tall blonde probably in her mid 40's, with striking blue eyes and a mesmerizing smile that could probably light a dark room, to be honest.

"Evaline!" Juliette says with a thick French accent. Damn, when I thought she couldn't get any more attractive.

"Jules, this is my best friend, Hannah, Hannah Kowen," I awkwardly step forward when Juliette seizes me in a hug. I awkwardly pat her back.

"Uh, hi. How are you?" I say with a nervous chuckle. Yeah, as you could tell I'm not good with social situations.

"I'm well, my dear, thank you. Now tell me Evaline, what brings you to my boutique today?" Juliette smiles. Eva smiles and gives Juliette a glance in my direction. Uh oh.

"Well Jules, my good friend here has a date-" "-Well I wouldn't say it's a date but-" I start. "Han, the grownups are talking. Yeah okay, anyways Hannah needs clothes. Like something a little modest but it should still make her look hot." Eva finishes.

There's no point in picking a dress now. This is going to kill me before then.

"Well then, why are we standing here? Let us go to the dressing rooms," Juliette exclaims loudly.

*1 HOUR LATER*

I leave the dressing room for like the billionth time. I've been trying on dresses for the past hour and nothing. They're either too fancy, extravagant or just blah.

I walk out again hoping for at least a trace of a sign of a smile, but nope. Not with Ev.

"Ew! Ew! Nope, nope. That dress makes your eyes look dead. Your eyes are jade!  Well, at least now we know all shades of yellow are out. " Eva flops back onto the couch.

"Ughhh," I flop onto the couch next to her. Just as we both were about to give up all hope our angel arrived.

"Hannahh! Guess what I ha- What happened to you two? I have only been gone for 10 minutes. Anywho, look at what I have!" I look at the dress that Juliette is holding. It's gorgeous. The colour is perfect, and the flowers add just the right touch. (Picture on top)

"Ohh it's beautiful. Oh, oh I got just the thing," Ev shoots up and jogs over to the jewelry and brings back a gold necklace, with a small circle pendant on it.

"It's perfect," I sigh as touch the amazing fabric of the dress.

"How much is it?" I start to take out my wallet, but Juliette's hand stops me. I look up to see her give me a wide smile.

"No, no money for it. You cannot pay for a dress that was made for you ma chérie. Do not worry about it, it's on me," Juliette winks at me.

"Thank you, thank you so much," I give Juliette a side hug.

Eva is sitting on the side, looking through a bunch of heels.

"Oh no, you don't. We're going to be in our apartment. There's no way in hell I'm going to wear heels. I'll wear flats for your sake, but no heels," After struggling for a good five minutes I finally drag Ev away from the shoes.

"Ugh, fine. I only caved because I'm hungry." Eva says grumpily. I chuckle. Dang, now I'm hungry. Food time!!!

We start to walk out the door "Thanks so much Juliette, see you again soon," we both wave to her while Juliette tends to another customer.

We walk outside, ah! It's been like an hour and a half since I've seen actual sunlight.

"So, where do you want to go and eat?" I ask eagerly.

*2 HOURS LATER*

We haul ourselves and our bags back into the apartment. The first and last time I'm going shopping with Evaline.

I flop onto the sofa with my arms filled with all sorts of bags. I think that I've at least walked a 5K.

Ev looks down at all the bags on the sofa"Okay, so. That should tide me over for at least 2 months."

"2 months?! This is enough shopping to last me a lifetime," I get up and grab the single bag of clothes that I have.

"I'm going to go chill in my room for a bit. Maybe clean up a bit I don't know," I  tiredly wave to Ev and make my way inside.

I enter my room and jump onto my bed. I look at my dress wondering if it would be alright for this so-called "date".

I mean, I like Stefan. He's nice, and he's every girl's ideal boyfriend. I don't know what his intentions are though. I've never thought about Stefan like that before. But I can't help but let my mind wander back to Matthew.

Everything was going finally going great. I have a stable job, friends and a nice apartment. I was finally starting to get into a daily routine. A routine without that ass on my mind.

"Whyyy?" I groan then smack my head onto my pillow wondering why life hates me.

You know what I'm going to do what any normal person would do when they have a problem.

I'm going to sleep and hope it goes away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

691K 19.8K 49
#𝟐 • 𝐀 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥'𝐬 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐞. ❝Be my girlfriend, Cassie. And I'm not taking no for an answer.❞ ❝I wasn't going to say no.❞ • When your best...
530 2 38
At age 10 his best friend moved away. 7 years later they have had no contact and have not seen each other. There's so many things that have been left...
345K 12.3K 38
After a tragic event drives her out of little Hillsborough, NC, 19-year-old Meghan Greene finds herself living in a Manhattan apartment with her best...
2.8K 377 33
Leah thought her life had been turned upside down when she ran off with the town bad boy to live at the edge of a dusty county road. But when he leav...