selfish | salia

By multiixfandcm

"I- hi! Sorry, I was expecting Sophie," I explained, feeling my face turn a shade of red in front of this rid... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Epilogue
THANK YOU
Epilogue: What If?

Chapter 1

9K 30 16
By multiixfandcm

Whilst this is probably a given, please remember that this is a fanfiction and it will not exactly replicate Simon and Talia's relationship irl! I hope you enjoy this book, the second in my sidemen series! And if you're missing Sophie and Harry, don't worry, they'll pop up in this one! And who knows, maybe (a lot) further down the line they might get a sequel! Anyway I'm talking too much, so ENJOY!!!! (Est: January 2017)

When the notification from Sophie Minter had appeared on my phone, I was convinced I was dreaming. It had been a normal afternoon in January, and I had just finished filming a video when my phone had pinged.

"Angele!" I yelled, calling my sister into my room. She rushed in, looking at me with a curious expression painted on her face.

"What now?" She asked, peering over my shoulder at my phone.

"Hi there! One of your makeup looks came up on my explore page and I checked out your YouTube channel, I loved it! Was just wondering if you're London based and wanted to come and film a video with me sometime? From Sophie Minter, Angele! Sophie Minter!" I read out, not believing my eyes.

"You're telling me she sent you a message?" She asked in disbelief. I laughed along with her, my disbelief equalling hers.

"She did!" I spoke happily, my phone still open on the message.

"Well reply then, you dummy!" Angele teased, nudging my shoulder.

"I don't want to look too eager!" I protested, however I began typing out a reply slowly.

"You've already opened her message, if you don't reply it'll look rude," she pointed out.

"Okay okay. How does this sound? 'Hi Sophie, thanks for the message! I'm happy to hear you liked my YouTube channel, the feeling is mutual! Yes I'm London based, and I would love to film a video with you! Let's arrange a date and I'll be there.' Does that sound acceptable?" I asked Angele, swivelling round in my chair to face her. She nodded slowly, giving me the thumbs up.

I pressed send, and closed my eyes. Maybe this was it. The big break I needed. Something which would push my channel and promote it to a new audience, to further my career and enable me to do the things I loved. Makeup. Singing. Entertaining.

Instantly after the message had been sent she had seen it. "'How does next week sound? I'll send you the details for the address and everything soon.' Angele! I'm filming a video with Sophie Minter!" I squealed, placing my phone down on my desk.

She laughed and gave me a quick hug before leaving to 'let me fangirl in peace'.

I wasn't a proper fan girl - but I loved watching her videos, and this would massively help boost my own YouTube career too.

***

The week leading up to the filming day had passed by slowly. However, the time had come for me to travel to her home, all of my makeup supplies in a bag.

"I'm leaving, Angele! I'll text you when I'm on my way back!" I called out, smiling as she wished me good luck.

The car drive wasn't too long, only about ten minutes. The gate opened automatically and I drove up the driveway, my mouth hanging open as I saw the size of the house - no, it was more like a mansion. I parked by all the other cars, taking my bag and walking up to the door. I rang the buzzer twice and waited patiently for the door to open.

I had been expecting Sophie to greet me, but instead I was greeted by a taller boy, a curious smile etched on his face, accompanied by dimples.

"I - hi! Sorry, I was expecting Sophie," I explained, feeling my face turn a shade of red in front of this ridiculously handsome boy at the door. I could tell I looked like a rambling idiot, and so decided to shut up.

"Well, hi mysterious girl. I'm Simon, Sophie's brother," he explained, holding his hand out for me to shake. Yet, I was still frozen to the spot. He coughed awkwardly, his hand still lingering, and once again I cursed at myself.

"I'm Talia! Nice to meet you," I spoke quietly, shaking his hand. Firm grip.

"Sorry, Sophie's just upstairs, she told me to let you in," he spoke awkwardly, moving to the side to let me in. I took a quick look around, impressed at the sheer size of this house.

"You want something to drink?" He offered, and I accepted with a smile. I followed him off into the kitchen where he grabbed me a glass of water, and perched on a seat next to me.

"So, mysterious girl," he continued, a mischievous sparkle in his eye, "what do you do for a living?" He seemed genuinely interested.

"Oh well I - I have a smallish YouTube channel, where I post beauty and music covers sometimes, but mostly I stream," I explained. I moved between the two, sometimes preferring to stream, but sometimes preferring to make content.

"Oh nice! So I'm guessing you're here to do a collab or something with Sophie?"

"Jackpot. We're doing some sort of makeup video for her channel, I was really surprised when she messaged me if I'm being honest," I explained, already feeling comfortable in his company.

"Well, we're all normal people, really. We just have super cool jobs."

We were interrupted by Sophie coming into the kitchen, a small smile on her face.

"Sophie!" I said excitedly, jumping up to go and greet her. "It's amazing to be able to finally meet you - how have you been?" I asked, waving a small goodbye to Simon, and following her up the stairs.

We filmed the video in the presence of her boyfriend, Harry, and it actually went really well. I had fun, and I had done quite a good job, if I said so myself.

"You should stay for lunch," she offered, and I wanted to, but I had promised Angele I would be back to eat. I could always message her...

No.

"I'm really sorry, but I promised my sister lunch. Another time?" I mentally kicked myself. She wouldn't want to meet up with me another ti-

"Sounds great! You should come round and hang out with me, Freya and El! They'd love that," she offered, and I felt incredibly welcomed by the sentiment.

"I would love for that to happen," I spoke, but she was off staring at the wall.

"Sophie - sophie! I said I'd love that," I repeated, smiling slightly as she seemed to take it in this time.

"It's my birthday this week - I'm hosting a thing for some friends, you should totally come round, if you're free," she then offered.

"Oh wow- yeah, I would like that a lot," I accepted, a little taken aback at how quickly she had welcomed and befriended me - I wasn't mad about it, just surprised.

"That's great! You don't need to bring anything, just yourself," she laughed, and I nodded my head.

"I should probably get going," I spoke, after a moment of silence.

"Oh right yeah," she agreed, opening the door and leading me out. We had barely made it round the corner when her brother, Simon appeared out of nowhere.

"Where'd you come from?" I asked, an amused smile on my face.

"From my room," he stated, as if it was the most obvious answer ever.

I didn't even notice Sophie slip away, I was too caught up in the moment.

I was somewhat confused as to how I felt so comfortable around all of these people already - it felt as if I was best friends with them all.

"So, mysterious girl, am I going to ever see you again?" Simon asked, lingering by the front door.

"I don't know. Maybe." I shrugged my shoulders, grinning out of sight.

"Good to know, good to know. I'm guessing I'll see you at Sophie's birthday party."

How did he know I was attending that?

"Wh-"

"Goodbye, mysterious girl," he whispered, walking away, and back up the stairs.

I laughed under my breath. He definitely was something, something I was most certainly intrigued about.

Wooooo!!!! I hope you guys liked the first chapter of this fic! I'd also like to state that I'm trying to make the links as accurate as possibly, but pls cut me some slack if they're not 100%!!!!!! Also what are we thinking, slowburn MiniMar or fast pace??? I can't quite decide yet, I'll see how it goes xox

{1434 words}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 1.5K 60
•Completed• 22 year old chloe is familiar with the wider known sidemen, however she remains a mystery to the audience. A hidden figure in the back of...
53.2K 521 42
How did I end up on a random street in London? You look familiar, I'm sure I know from somewhere. Trigger warning There is mention of drug abuse Hig...
140K 2.2K 55
After getting her heart broken by the only person she had left, Remy Madison gets taken in by an old friend. She now has to live with YouTube's most...
623K 6.4K 59
"Just come and kiss me, Harry." I said quietly. I didn't think he heard me at first, but he came closer towards me, and pressed his lips against mine...