May The Best Player Win ✔️

بواسطة bangjajams

❝He is the #1 playboy. She is the #1 playgirl. But who is the #1 player?❞ Let the games begin, and may the be... المزيد

May The Best Player Win
Prologue
001: Players
002: Call
003: Math
004: Enemies
005: Detention
006: Little Game I
007: Little Game II
Bangtan Appreciation
008: Interview
009: Let's Play a Game
010: Bring it On
011: Let the Games Begin
012: Hanging Memories
013: Sleepover Party
014: Over the Phone
015: Ditch
016: Care for Tae
017: Carnival
018: Haunted
019: Warmth
021: Samgyeopsal
022: Bottoms Up
023: Reveal
024: Game Over
025: The #1 Player
026: Half-Heart
027: This Time
028: Endgame
Epilogue

020: Serious

4.2K 244 269
بواسطة bangjajams

Jiwoo's POV

I felt my head on the broadness of his chest, waking up to the warmest hues of sunlight that brought color to the skies. I quietly broke away from his embrace and seeing he was still sleep, laid his head on my lap.

He let out a soft grunt as he positioned his head more comfortably. I run my fingers through his head and gently stroked his hair by instinct. I looked at the sleeping Taehyung. What did we bring ourselves into? A cheesy-silly game that only fed our egotistical broken selves?

Kim Taehyung. Full of ego? Definitely. Broken? Not so sure.

Unconciously, I found my eyes hovering around his neck— the necklace. 

Bang! Startled, I shifted my eyes to the loud sound of the door opening.

With his eyebrows and forehead scrunched, the school guard looked visibly stressed. I suddenly stopped stroking Taehyung's hair.

"Yah you kids, I knew I heard voices before I locked the room last night," he grumbled in a hoarse voice as he eyed us suspiciously. I heard Taehyung groan as his hand made a way to find mine and lay it atop his head. I let out a soft chuckle because I knew he wanted me to continue playing with his hair.

"You kids better get your lovey-dovey asses out before you get found out or I, fired." 

I dragged Taehyung all the way to my home which wasn't that far away, immediately greeted by the faces of Jimin and Soyeon by our front door.

"Oh good morning," I greeted nonchalantly with Taehyung's arm slinging across my shoulder. "Goodness gracious, a good morning to those who worried where you both have been?" Soyeon raised her voice at us as Jimin let us both in.

Taehyung immediately fell asleep as he plopped himself down on the nearby couch, shutting out the scolding rants of his dearest sister, Soyeon. On the other hand, I laid on the couch right across them, cracking my neck and back which hurt from supporting Taehyung on the way here.

Jimin sat beside me, looking at me intensely with an unreadable expression.

Annoyed, I stared back at him. "What? Are you gonna scold me or something?"

He merely laughed in response which made me feel more annoyed. "Nah, I trust Taehyung... How long have you been two going out again?"

I mentally panicked. "U-um, a month now," I lied. 

"Wow you two never last that long in relationships, congrats," he said in amazement as I shrugged in response. He added, "I hope you two ain't playing each other."

I held in a laugh.

We kept silence as we listened to Soyeon scolding Taehyung who was whining back.

Jimin spoke again suddenly, "I hope y'all get it serious."

Serious, my ass— can't even find that word in my dictionary.

🃏🃏🃏🃏🃏

That same word stuck in my head as time played its cards.

It's been quite long (for us at least) since Taehyung and I had been supposedly dating. Given our player attitudes, we had gotten closer and bolder in a short span of time. We were straightforward to each other, making bold advances here and there. We pretty much got along to my surprise, though we argue on who's more superior occasionally.

As I gazed out the window at December night's first falling snow, I couldn't help but wonder what was to happen to the two of us.

Not that I was actually falling for him—

"Jiwoo?" Soyeon yelled from downstairs, interrupting my thoughts.

"Oh yeah- shit," I cursed silently as I looked away from the window and hurriedly gathered some of my stuff in my purse. "Coming!" I yelled back as I took one last glance of myself in the mirror. I brushed my white, chiffon laced, high-low dress neatly and fixed my hair as quickly as I can.

I scurried down the stairs carefully with my silver heels on. "Oh there you are!" Soyeon, who wore a midnight-blue dress that perfectly hugged her hourglass figure, heaved a sigh of relief as soon as she saw me. I apologized silently.

—but sometimes I can't help but wonder...

"Someone took their time to look pretty." I looked at Jimin who wore a simple black tuxedo but still looked effortlessly handsome. He mumbled loud enough for me to hear, "I mean with that face I'd say it'd take a lot of time."

I was already walking towards him when I smacked him in the head. 

"Shut up, you're disrespecting your own genes."

"You look stunning." A deep voice interjected and when I shifted my attention to where the voice came from, my eyes widened at the sight of Taehyung. As he made his way towards me, I swear I could imagine him walk to me in slow-motion. Like Jimin, he was wearing a simple black suit but it made him look more decent and godly.

I boldly eyed him from top to bottom. "Not bad yourself."

He gazed into my eyes, and not wanting to seem intimidated, I stared right back.

...if he was falling for me?

🃏🃏🃏

"Holy shit." My jaw dropped at the sight of Jin's grand manor as the car rounded around the polished white-stoned fountain in its midst. The road was well-lit as grand light posts guided our way to the manor house. 

The mansion was of beguiling, modern Anglo-Japanese and Greek architecture. The door and window archways were rounded, and there was a wide staircase that led to the main door of the house which was between two massive cream-marbled pillars. Many people dressed in formal suits and gowns were heading in and being greeted by servers or guards.

I faced Soyeon who already looked at me with the same expression on her face. "He's filthy rich," she whispered into my ear as I nodded in return.

We got out of the car and walked inside, straight into the foyer that eventually led us a to large hall which was slightly dimmed and highlighted in light cerulean-purplish lights. Spotlights wandered around the great hall and a huge, dazzling chandelier made up of moissanite and amethyst hung from the great ceiling. 

"Oh there you guys are!" Jin exclaimed as he hugged the four of us in one quick embrace. "A little late but you still made it."

"Happy birthday hyung." Jimin and Taehyung greeted as they respectively gave Jin one more bro hug. "Happy birthday oppa!" Soyeon and I yelled in chorus to challenge the loud music that was booming across the entire hall.

"What?" Jin yelled, pretending not to hear. "I look handsome? Absolutely, thank you!"

We burst into a fit of laughter. 

"We haven't really brought anything for you..." Soyeon spoke apologetically but Jin laughed it off. "Nonsense, your presence is more than enough."

"Where are the others?" Taehyung asked as he looked around the swarm of people.

"Follow me." 

Jin led us to a long table filled with different types of food, desserts, and drinks. Along the way, there were a number of people who greeted him which made the journey seemed much longer. "There they are." Jin pointed to the four men who were hanging by the table.

He suddenly hugged Soyeon and I from our backs and whispered, "Dive in to your heart's content and eat well! Now if you excuse me, I gotta entertain more guests."

Jin left to greet more of his guests. I excitedly reached out for a marshmallow stick and dipped it in the chocolate fountain. "Sy- Soyeon, come over here!" I called out to her as she did the same. We ate in delight and hurried to go eat more choices of food and desserts served on the table.

Jimin slipped between Soyeon and I. "Pigging out much sister?" he whispered as I munched on a bacon canape in front of his teasing face. I shot him a glare and stuffed one cinnamon bread into his mouth. "Shut up."

"Cocktail?" Taehyung popped out of nowhere as I received the glass he handed to me. He suddenly pulled me away from Soyeon and Jimin. 

"Hey, what was that for?" I groused as I took a sip of the piña colada. Taehyung also took a sip of his own then answered, "Giving them some alone time to hit it off."

I suddenly spat out a bit of my drink. "What?" I yelled as my eyes immediately darted back to where the two were. They were now chatting and laughing as they ate. Jimin's eyes were so glued on Soyeon who was just picking her desserts.

I continued to eye the two of them when Jungkook suddenly appeared in the picture, now conversing with Soyeon and Jimin. 

"Hey Jiwoo!" Hoseok suddenly appeared in front of me along with Namjoon and Yoongi, blocking my view. "How are you finding the party so far?" he asked in his ever cheerful voice. 

"Oh hey Hobi, just good all good," I answered as I spun the contents of my drink before finishing it all off. 

"I want to go home and sleep," Yoongi grumbled silently.

"It's kinda funny how we're all dressed formally when it's like a club party here," I spoke as my eyes wandered around. People were in their formal dresses and suits but were dancing to the party music played by the DJ at the top center of the grand staircases.

"Jin's father kinda wanted a formal party for him, having invited famous businessmen and other millionaires but well... you know Jin. So his father decided to just blend both their ideas," Namjoon responded as he took a sip of his vodka.

"Dope," Yoongi remarked briefly.

"Oh my god there are millionaires in here?" I shrieked with enthusiasm as my eyes gleamed. My flirting mode had been activated.

Taehyung cleared his throat loudly.

"I'm getting more drinks. Tae, you with me?" Hoseok hyped up as he began to dance to the beat. Namjoon refused for him, "He easily gets drunk you know." Hoseok shrugged as he dragged Yoongi with him to the drinks table. As they faded from view, I swear I could see Jungkook and Jimin glaring at each other at the corner of my eye.

"Good evening ladies and gents!" A voice boomed across the hall as the music volume dwindled down and all attention was drawn to the man up front, who looked like Jin but much more older in years. "It is quite an honor for yourselves to have been invited," he chuckled before continuing, "but I'm kidding, all the honor is mine to have welcomed you tonight!"

There was soft laughter. The man who I presumed to be Jin's father continued, "As my son has come of age, I wish to take this opportunity to announce him as the official successor of our family company!" 

Acknowledged, Jin raised his glass up. Camera started flashing and people were applauding. Taehyung and I clapped our hands in glee while Namjoon cheered as loudly as he could.

"Now for photos!" 

People lined up for taking photos up front with Jin and his father. Of course, his very own family went first with his mother and older brother then followed by numerous businessmen and celebrities. We came after Jin's rich cousins. With his arms around our waists, Jin stood between Soyeon and I as we posed fiercely for the camera.

"Next!" 

The rest of bangtan followed after us and surrounded Jin as they quickly fixed all their uniform black suits. They posed a formally fierce look then a naturally goofy one.

(can i just take this iconic grammy moment that perfectly captured bangtan's goofiness and taehyung's duality? 😍 yep yep i'm not dying u are— p.s. they deserve an effin grammy!!)

2021 comment: honestly i was trusfrated, not because they didn't win— but for the reason that they were used for clout/hype. the nomination is a big milestone though :>  no matter what, i am proud for how far they have gone and achieved <3

I caught myself smiling at the seven's friendship.

My eyes unknowingly focused on Taehyung who was now effortlessly flaunting his godly visuals as he posed coolly apart from the others who were still posing a wacky. 

A wave of realization struck me as I felt my heart thump. "Soyeon, I'm just gonna go get a drink." Feeling a little light-headed, I excused myself from the great hall and walked out into the hallway which was empty and less noisy.

I sauntered along the hallway with renaissance paintings that hung on its grand walls. I walked mindlessly, processing this unfamiliar feeling that enveloped me. I tried to keep Taehyung out of my thoughts.

"Not having so much fun at the party I assume?" I jumped lightly, startled at the sudden appearance of the man in front of me. "Jisoos-"

I looked at the man and paused for a moment. Am I imagining things or does he resemble Taehyung? I shook my head lightly, shutting any thought of him out. "Tipsy?" the man asked as I looked at him more closely. He was neatly dressed and undoubtedly handsome.

"Byun Baekhyun, business partners with the the Kims and you?" He reached his hand out in front of me as I took it. I smirked lightly. "Park Ji-"

"Ehem," someone cleared his throat loudly. I turned around and saw Taehyung who was speeding his way towards us. He rudely snatched my hand away from his and dragged me far away from him.

I yanked my wrist out of his grasp angrily. "Hey, I could have been talking with a millionaire's son-"

"Clingy, clingy."

I looked at him dumbfounded. "What?"

"Clingy, clingy," he repeated as he clung to my arm and kept on chanting the word clingy. His hair was a handsome kind of disheveled and his breath reeked the scent of wine.

"Yah, you're not in your mind aren't you?" I chuckled. "Are you drun-"

Taehyung suddenly pushed me against the wall and stared directly into my eyes. "I'm sober," his claim came out as a whisper, his voice now octaves deeper. 

"Didn't I say a long time ago that we're focusing on each other?" he growled into my ear I felt my breath hitch.

"Jealous?" I bravely asked and nervously chuckled in order not to come off as intimidated.

He slammed the wall behind me which startled me. "I'm being serious."

But what do you mean by serious... what does serious mean for you Taehyung?

"I'm all yours..." I could still feel his warm breath on the crook of my neck as he firmly held my waist, "... and you're all mine."

His deep voice was enough to send tingles down my spine and make my heart thump harder than it did earlier, and I hated the feeling. It made me more confused, more scared, more—

vulnerable.

He pulled away from my ear and once again gazed into my eyes. "Have I forgotten to tell you that you look so angelic tonight?" He had a wistful look on his eyes. I stared back into them, but I dared not to say anything. 

I hesitated but at the same time, I anticipated.

His eyes slowly traveled down to my lips then back. "Would you now let this devilish lips of mine taint your heavenly ones?"

Taehyung slowly leaned closer as he closed his eyes, filling up the already little gap between us. I slowly closed my eyes as my lips slightly parted, my senses subdued by the adrenaline rush that coursed throughout my whole body. And before I knew it, a pair of soft lips hit mine— and it ignited the spark of longing and hesitation that had been kept inside me for too long.

His lips were warm, moving and urging against mine. His free hand slowly traveled up my torso and sent tingles all over my body with the areas he had gently touched, before resting right under my jaw. The spark turned fire as he tilted my head a little and deepened the kiss, parting my lips further.

In that moment, there was no game.

In that moment, it was just Taehyung and I.

The taste of him— it silenced my thoughts and made me want more.

🃏🃏🃏🃏🃏🃏🃏

seven years with bts! 🎉💜 in light of bangtan's upcoming anniversary, i present to you this chapter hehe. finally a kISS but uh... how was the chap?

i'm curious about y'all... pls don't leave me hangin—

: when did and what made you stan these 7 talented crackheads?

: are you a soft or a hard stan?

: who's your bias? (nevertheless, ot7 all the way!)

i would like to express my deepest gratitude for all the support you have given me and the story:(( i pray for all your well-being and a chance to meet bts someday! psst, please don't be a silent reader and hit that vote button ;)) STRONG POWER, THANK YOU! TO MORE YEARS WITH BTS AND WITH Y'ALL!! ❤️

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

265K 9.8K 28
[]2019 Once a playgirl always a playgirl. Or so he thought. ❝ No matter what happen.. You are still the reason I changed.. ❞ Copyright © 2019 by AZ...
181K 6.7K 42
in which a girl falls for her brother's best friend. #everyonewatchestoomanykdramas
1.8K 133 15
Yoongi an innocent, pure, shy boy who never loved any girl in his life met Y/n who is the complete opposite of yoongi. She is a real bad bitch type w...
279K 7.2K 21
"Suhae!" Jungkook shouted "Go away you playboy!" Suhae said and tried to ran away but Jungkook quickly grabbed her in a tight hug "Yeah..I'm a playbo...