He's My Setter [Kageyama Tobi...

By ms_astxrism_09

[COMPLETED] (l/n) (f/n), a kind, loyal, person who knows how to handle leadership, a happy-go-lucky girl and... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 31

10.5K 397 276
By ms_astxrism_09

You're currently playing the third set with Seijoh, you were able to snatch the first set from them but they were able to took the second set of the game. You didn't even got a chance to finish the boys' match since it was time to start yours so you have no clue on what's happening in their match because right now, you're too preoccupied with the game.

The game was intense, both sides didn't give a damn of losing a point or two. It was Seijoh's serve this time and all you could think of right now was stopping them at once but seems like it didn't go through as you thought it would, the serve was strong enough to make Juvia struggle from receiving it. You clicked your tongue in annoyance, Seijoh is two points ahead of you and you can't afford to lose this set.

----

Finally, the time came where you're tied up with the opposing team and this time it was your serve. You bounced the ball before taking a deep breath to calm down a bit.

You didn't noticed that Kageyama and the others were watching your match, their match just ended a while ago with them as the victors. He can't wait to tell you the good news but he has to be patient and cheer you on.

When you heard the whistle, you opened your eyes and tossed the ball high before hitting it your dominant hand with brute force. It was in, it landed in the corner of the court which made the other team feel a bit annoyed.

"That was an awesome course...." Asahi exclaimed while the others nodded with a speechless expression

"Nice one, (f/n)!" Rizumu said while running towards you before ruffling your hair which made it more messy

"Stop it..." You said while removing her hand on your hair

"One more! Nice serve, Cap!" Your team exclaimed which you immediately answered with a determined nod

You noticed Izumi faced you and the others then rubbed her right shoulder indicating something. All of you nodded and went back to the game, you heard the whistle which you immediately tossed the ball and hit it with less force letting the ball fall on the hitter's position. Their formation broke, you stepped back and started running while Iris which is infront of you started running too.

A while ago, Izumi rubbed her right shoulder as a sign of a back row attack, Iris jumped first acting as a decoy but the other team didn't seem to mind it. Well... I guess it's all up to you now to score since the 'pipe' you were trying to pull off was a failure.

You jumped high behind the attack line to avoid a violation. Izumi gave you a high toss, giving you enough time to think a bit. Two blockers went up to stop you but they just couldn't get a hold of another point, you position your hand and hit a strong cross shot making Kageyama and the other flinched. You landed on the ground and stared at your hand.

"Oh...yeah! Nice toss, Izu-" You exclaimed but got cut off when you heard the whistle

You looked at the referee and to your surprise.... It was out. You might've hit it too much causing it to cross the line, you looked at your team and gave them peace sign.

"Nice kill, (f/n)" Rizumu scoffed

"Shut up! I thought it was in though, it felt so good in my hand" you said making them chuckle

While on the other hand, Kageyama was astonished though it was out, it was still amazingly strong enough to avoid the blockers or maybe break through the blockers. He couldn't help but laugh a little when you thought it was in but unfortunately it was actually out, you even shouted in happiness. He was proud to say that, you're an awesome girlfriend.

----

It was the final set of the day, you manage to get a hold of the third set but they took the fourth set from you so it means that you need to play a decision game. You are currently in the lead while the opponents are two points behind. It was 12-10.

"Let's win this. Three more points and we're going to the Nationals" Akane cheered

"True that! Besides, I can't afford to lose a bet" you said making them utterly confused

"A bet? With who?" Yuroichi asked

"With Coach Kotarō" you answered

"Oh.... So what's the prize?" Mirajane asked

"Hmm.... It depends on the victor. And I was planning on free dinner with all of you" you grinned and stood up from the bench

"So let's win this and get ourselves some free dinner" you laughed

"Bring it on!" Rizumu exclaimed and threw her fist up in the air

You all went back to place when you heard the whistle, you were back in the vanguard. You looked at Izumi and nodded which she nodded back, you and Izumi had something in mind that would definitely surprise them.

The captain of Seijoh gave you guys a strong serve but it was still received by Juvia even though it was short.

"Sorry! Cover!" Juvia shouted which Rizumu quickly followed

"Iris! Get the last!" Rizumu shouted

Iris jumped and acted like she was going to hit it hard but she fooled the opponent, she gave them a back stabbing feint. She gave off a 'tch' sound when the ball was still received by their libero. They attempted to counter but it was still received by Juvia, she doesn't give a damn on giving away a point to them.

"Izumi!!!" You shouted catching her attention

Izumi took a few steps back while you were going after the seconds touch of the ball and positioned yourself to toss the ball.

"Wait.... She's tossing?" Kageyama mumbled

"(L/n)-san's tossing?!" Hinata and Nishinoya exclaimed

You raised both your hands while your teammates started running together.

"Open!!!" You shouted

You tossed the ball high towards Izumi which your opponents didn't expect. Izumi jumped and gave her all to hit the ball, blockers were ready to stop her but Izumi was clever, she aimed for the blockers' fingertips causing the ball fly off course.

"Nice kill!" You said

The game went on and you were able to grasp on the match point first. It was the opponent's serve, they called in a pinch server which made you more annoyed.

The referee blew the whistle making the server flinched and immediately serve the ball, it was coming in, it was a bit high for an underhand receive. So you raised your hand and tried to toss it up but failed, it slipped through your fingernails.

"Damnit." You grumbled while holding your slightly bleeding finger

"Juvia-senpai!" You called which she immediately ran over

"I'll leave the rest to you guys. Seems like I'm gonna be freaking out again so I'm gonna patch this up immediately" you said and went to your manager

"What's wrong?" Your coach, Umiko asked

"Well, let's just say... My fingernail was turned over to the other side so I really need some first aid. Right now" you smiled at her nervously

Karen immediately went to your aid and quickly attended your wound. While on the other hand, Kageyama was worried, wondering why you were subbed out. Were you hurt? Is it bad? Do you need help? All those questions were running around his head

"I hope it's not that bad..." He mumbled

----

The game finally ended resulting you as the victors, you lined up and shook hands with the other team while smiling.

"I had a great time, Aeka-senpai!" You smiled at Seijoh's captain

"Likewise, (f/n). You guys gave me the best match this year, I won't regret playing my last match with you and your team" she said and gave you a light pat on your shoulder

You all lined up infront of your schoolmates and school staffs then bowed to give thanks for the support they gave. Izumi and Rizumu wrapped their arms around your shoulder causing you almost lost you balance, you glared at them but they just happily smiled at you causing you to do the same and chuckle

"Congrats to us!" Rizumu exclaimed and jumped on top of the team causing you guys to stumble upon each others body

"Well, someone's happy this year" Juvia giggled

"Rizumu, we've won a lot of times already" Ayame complained while trying to get out

"I know! But this year is different!" Rizumu answered

"Different? Why?" Alisa asked

"Well..... Because it's the third years' last game with us as a team and we were able to get another chance of going to Nationals with them and hopefully we can reach the International Tournament too!" Rizumu smiled making the third years tear up a bit

Juvia, Mirajane, Alice and Cattleya quickly wiped their tears and asked for a group hug. After the group hug, you quickly went to Seijoh's coach for some words and more while Seijoh's team was talking with your coach.

-----

"Nice game, princess!" Your dad exclaimed while ruffling your hair

"Thanks, Dad" you smiled

"Your boyfriend's waiting for you somewhere...." Howl whispered to you which you nodded

You were about to get going when your manager called you back.

"Awarding Ceremony.... Don't worry you'll get to see your baby there" Karen teased making you blush a bit

"K-karen!" You pouted

You followed your team back to gymnasium and attended the ceremony. You were the MVP of the year, you went to the officials and received your certificate, after receiving the certificate, you shook hands with them and went back to your team

"Bow down to the MVP" Rizumu playfully bowed which the others did the same while giggling

"Shut up, people are staring. Jeez..." You playfully complained

-----

Hearing Karasuno won made you unknowingly slapped Rizumu's arm due to happiness. Rizumu just kept on complaining while you kept on slapping her arm. You could see the joy and pride on their faces while receiving their awards and you couldn't be more happy and prosperous for their success. They went through a lot and looked where they are now, they're starting their own paths towards their dream.

"They've come this far already...." You smiled

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah... Yeah... Uh yeah HAHAHAH here's another chapter for my beloved reader-chan ❤️
So yeah hehehe I hope you'll like it 😁

Thank you everyone for your support heheheh and to everyone who added my story to their reading list and more. Thank you so so much!

I also wanna thank ETollison22, haikyuuweeb_, Izik_Bee_Ok, LunaGraymark, Tia879 for the flood votes! And AmigoEditz for the flood votes and comments! I really appreciate it guys! ❤️

Don't forget to vote reader-chan! Love y'all so much 💕

See you on the next update!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307 1 12
Kageyama likes Hinata. Does the little ball of sunshine return Kageyama's feelings? A short cute story about my favorite Karasuno lovebirds. ➽ "So Hi...
145K 4.6K 24
Ship: kageyama x Hinata of karasuno Don't mind the title..I was a little indecisive;-; I might consider changing the title soon..or not XD {Complete...
205K 7.1K 43
πŠπ€π†π„π˜π€πŒπ€ π“πŽππˆπŽ 𝐗 πŽπ‘πˆπ†πˆππ€π‹ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑 γ€γƒ½ο½€β˜½γƒ½ο½€ β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„ WHEREIN A GENIUS OF A SETTER, SPE...
118K 3.5K 12
( IF YOU WANT YOUR EYES TO BLEED, THEN YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE. SERIOUSLY, I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 14, DONT PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THIS HELL. ITS...