virago|c.g.|

Bởi GrvmesStuffandThangs

(n.) a strong, brave, or warlike woman; a woman who demonstrates exemplary and heroic qualities C⃠G⃠ - Book 1... Xem Thêm

virago
playlist
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxvii
xxxviii
xxxix
xl
xli
xlii
xliii
xliv
xlv
xlvi
epilogue
a/n
another a/n
oops, another quick a/n

xx

2.3K 62 12
Bởi GrvmesStuffandThangs

Clary never realized how happy she would feel as they drove up to the tall walls of Alexandria, surprising her with the relief she felt as they were able to make it back safe. As the gate opened, Carl placed the CD case into her bag, the teenage boy not revealing how happy he felt that the girl seemed to finally begin to trust him.

As they drove in, Clary stopped the car at the front gate, the two teenagers exiting the car as the gate shut behind them. They didn't get any chance to take a breath as Olivia rushed over to them, the two guiding her to their findings another Alexandrian followed close behind with a cart. The two of them sifted through the supplies, thanking both Clary and Carl for their findings before continuing to dig through the items.

As Clary gathered her stuff, Carl doing the same, she was surprised to see Glenn and Maggie approaching as she looked up. She smiled, shutting the door to the drivers side as Maggie wrapped her arms around the girl. "Sasha told us she saw you guys driving in. How'd it go?" As Clary pulled away from the woman, she spoke to the two of them, telling them about the medication and what else they had found. Of course, she left out the details of the trouble they had encountered. However, as she spoke, she was unaware as Carl looked on from the other side of the car, a soft smile on his face as he saw how comfortable she looked with the couple. His attention was taken by Michonne as she approached, well dressed in the constable gear, a smile on her face letting him know that she was happy to see him okay.

As Clary finished up telling Glenn and Maggie about their findings, Glenn looked between Carl and the girl before him. He knew the two would have to gather their stuff, so him and Maggie departed, telling her they'd meet her at the house. As Clary turned towards the car, she saw Carl approaching her. "So, I'm guessing I passed your test?" Clary shrugged her shoulders playfully, shouldering her items before walking towards the house. Behind her, she heard a dramatic gasp come from Carl. "Hey! I say we make a pretty good team. Even if you kind of did all the work—" Clary only shook her head as she turned back around, a humored smile on her face. "Yeah, maybe we shouldn't mention that to anyone. If we did, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let us go out again anytime soon." Carl raised an eyebrow. "So you're saying this could happen again?" Clary thought for a moment before she nodded, allowing a smile to paint over her face. She had never felt so at ease, especially considering her ill feelings towards the boy before. "I'm saying you're not half bad, so yeah, maybe." Carl nodded, glad he had been able to break through to the girl. "Good, I'm glad. Although I do have a question." Clary looked to Carl expectantly as they made their way towards the homes. "What is it?" Clary looked confused at the boy. "Can you teach me how to use a sword? Trust me, I like my gun but I think I should get better with some other weapons." Staring at the boy, Clary could see that he was deadly serious about learning. With that assurance, she shrugged. "I don't see why not. I'll see if Olivia will let me snag my extra sword that I had on Montu so you can use it for training."

Giving a mock salute, she turned away from Carl and entered her house, Carl doing the same. As Clary shut the door to her home, she saw Maggie and Glenn leaning against the counter. Glenn looked at her, a knowing smile on his face. "I'm assuming it went well?" Glenn questioned, causing Clary to nod her head. "Yeah, you were right, he's not half bad. It'll take some getting used to but he's— well, he's nothing like Ashton." Clary looked to Maggie to see her nodding, happiness on her face. But Clary knew she hadn't told the woman, her questions answered as Glenn spoke. "She had noticed your unease with Carl, so I told her about Ashton. Trust me, what you say will never leave the three of us—" Clary waved her hand, dismissing his reasoning. "I know. I think with what you two have kept from everyone else to protect me, I can trust you."
Clary sent them a small smile before Glenn and Maggie looked to each other, the two feeling at ease with the young girl before they gathered at the counter and spoke about nothing in particular.

However, their discussion was disturbed when they heard a frantic knock on the door. Glenn looked to the two women before heading towards it, opening it to reveal Carl. A look of panic was on his face. "Carl? What's wrong?" Glenn questioned. "I— I can't find my dad. He's been talking about killing Pete and I don't know if that's what he's doing or if he's going through with it but—" Glenn turned back to both Clary and Maggie, their eyes wide. "Maggie, Clary—" Glenn was cut off as the two approached him, the four of them walking out of the home. Before Glenn could question Carl about Rick, they heard screams and shouts coming from down the street. The four of them didn't hesitate to take off, Clary running by Carl's side as they approached where the mayhem was taking place.

A crowd had gathered, all looking to the middle where two figures tousled. Clary realized the larger figure was none other than Pete, the very man that had helped in her healing process, fighting Rick. She hadn't recognized the latter at first, seeing only the blood that poured over his face, but as she saw his eyes dark with rage, she recognized Carl's father. Clary looked around at the faces surrounding the fight, only recognizing those she had come across briefly and some not at all. She saw Jessie towards the side, only recognizing her as Ron's mother from what Enid had described to her. Speaking of her friend, the girl approached from behind Clary, worry in her eyes as she saw the fight. Before Clary could reassure her, she saw Rick getting on top of Pete, straddling him as he tried to choke him or gouge his eyes out. She saw Carl rush forward, pleading with his dad to stop, leading to his father's hand shooting out and pushing his son to the ground. Clary rushed toward the boy, going to her knees to help him sit up. "You okay?" Carl nodded, allowing the girl to stabilize him. "I— I can't get him to stop—" Clary shook her head. "If you get in between them, you'll get hurt. They're just going to have to stop themselves." Carl nodded solemnly as he allowed the girl to help him up, backing away with her to the edge of the circle where they had been before.

As Rick held Pete in a choke hold, Clary could've sworn he would've killed the man right then and there. But it wasn't until Deanna ran forward, her voice stern that he seemed to ease up a little. "Stop it! Stop it right now!" Deanna yelled, her voice stern. As Rick let go of Pete, Clary saw Nicholas, Glenn, and a man she believed to be Tobin, take steps forward to help Pete. However, Rick didn't let them get close as he pulled out a gun from the waistband of his pants. "Or what? You gonna kick me out?" Clary stood side by side with Carl, worry consuming her as she saw Glenn stare down the barrel of the gun as Rick waved it around. Clary felt a hand on her back, reassuring her that Enid was right behind her.

No one moved, perhaps all afraid of what the man would do. Deanna took a step forward. "Put that gun down, Rick," Deanna went silent as he aimed the weapon at her. "You still don't get it. None of you do. We know what needs to be done and do it. We're the ones who live. You— you just sit, and plan and hesitate. You pretend like you know, but you don't!" Rick clenched his jaw, staring at the people surrounding him. "You wish things weren't what they are. Well, you want to live? You want this place to stay standing? Your way of doing things is done. Things don't get better because you— you want them to." Rick let out a breath. "Starting right now, we have to live in the real world. We have to control who lives here."

Hearing Rick's words, Clary wondered if she would be one of those that had to be controlled. With her violent past, albeit only known by two, it would be easy to find out just as Nicholas had.
Her worries diminished as she looked back to the scene. "That's never been more clear to me than it is right now," Deanna said, her voice cold. Rick looked to her. "Me? Me? You mean— you mean me?" Clary was surprised hearing him chuckle. "Your way is gonna destroy this place. It's gonna get people killed. It's already gotten people killed. And I'm not gonna stand by and just let it happen. If you don't fight, you die. I'm not gonna stand by and—"
Out of seemingly nowhere, Michonne made her way to where Rick was, colliding her fish with his head. As he fell to the floor, knocked out, silence filled the air.

As the groups dispersed, some taking Rick whole others took Pete, Deanna approached Clary. "You said you worked as a soldier, right?" Clary nodded, unsure of what the woman possibly needed her old position for. "I want you on watch at wherever we place Rick." Clary nodded before the woman walked away, her fists clenched. Clary turned back to the two teenagers she had stood besides, Enid looking worried while Carl showed no emotion. "Carl—" the boy stepped away. "I'm going to go check on my dad. I'll see you later." Before Clary could respond, Carl walked, following those that had carried off his dad from the fight. In the middle of the road, Clary stood with Enid, her friend's hand ending up on her arm. "You should probably check where they're keeping Rick. Let me know if you need anything, I have a feeling it'll be a long night." Clary nodded, giving her a quick goodbye before making her way to where she would be spending the night. She felt herself laughing internally, realizing at how such a duty as keeping watch was familiar to her, and so she made her way to where they held that man she'd watch over.

•••

Clary leaned against the wall of where Rick was placed, watching the sun as it rose. Clary had yet to move from her post, wanting to earn her keep by providing security to Rick, whether it be from himself or from people that may have been angered by his actions.
Luckily, she hadn't been totally alone. Carl had visited during the night, staying with his father until Michonne kicked him out. But he hadn't gone straight home, instead staying with the girl and keeping her company. He had said it was more time for her to interrogate him, but they had mostly been quiet in light of the recent events. He had shared his fears that his father would be kicked out, or maybe his whole group, to which she had promised such a thing wouldn't happen. As he had left that night, growing tired, she wondered if she had given him false hope. Later on, Maggie and Glenn has stopped by, not to check on Rick but rather the young girl. They had brought her some food, keeping her company for a good two hours before she had promised them she was fine and that they should go home. It took them a good while before they listened to her, albeit begrudgingly.

"Morning, Commander." Clary was surprised hearing the title, looking towards the voice to see Abraham. She gave a small nod in greeting as Glenn and Carol approached at around the same time, making their way to the man and young girl. The older woman smiled kindly at Clary before speaking. "Good morning, Clary. Is anyone inside?" Clary nodded, stepping away from the door. "Just Michonne, she's been there all night. You guys can go ahead." Carol nodded as her and Abraham moved towards the door. As they opened it, Glenn hung back for a moment to greet the young girl before heading inside as well. Clary stood outside, leaning against the wall for a while, however her attention was taken by the voices coming from inside rising. Clary saw that they left the door open, her curiosity getting the best of her as she listened in. "Well, tonight, at the meeting, if it goes bad, I whistle. Carol grabs Deanna, I take Spencer, you grab Reg, Glenn and Abraham cover us, watch the crowd." There was a brief pause. "We can talk to them," Michonne spoke, her tone frustrated. "Yeah, we will." Rick declared. "If we can't get through, we take the three of them and say we'll slit their throats." Clary clenched her jaw at the words, surprised at the aggression in Rick's voice. "Like at Terminus," Glenn said softly, to which Rick responded. "No, we just tell them. They give us the armory, and it's over."

Clary decided it was best to make her appearance then, heading to the door before walking in. All eyes shot to her, Rick clenching his jaw. "Clary—" Clary sent a look to the man, causing him to hastily shut his lips. "Force can only do so much. Considering what you pulled, they're going to be expecting another stunt from you." Rick brought up his hand, signaling to her. "And?" Clary stepped more into the small space he was being held in, looking around and seeing Michonne and Glenn both seemingly hopeless. She knew they wanted this place to work, and she did too. "I'll cover you too." Seeing Rick scoff, she stepped forward. "Hey, I'm on your side, so you have me. But the only way to make it work is to talk. Deanna is a political woman, and you have to talk to her to get through to her." Rick shook his head. "I'm sorry Clary, but maybe you should leave this to us—" Clary scoffed. "No, don't you dare dismiss me." Rick clenched his jaw as she stepped forward, pointing a finger in his direction. "You put yourself into this mess and I am trying to help you out of it. You helped me out of mine, so I'm here now." Clary let her hand fall to her side. "I've dealt with people like Deanna. I'll go and talk to her and see what I can do." Rick looked at Clary for a moment before nodding his head. Clary clenched her jaw, knowing what she was agreeing to as he nodded. "Then it's settled." Grabbing the pillow, Rick turned. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm just gonna sleep some more." As Rick laid down, the others took it as him signaling the end of the discussion.

Clary stepped out, followed by Glenn, Michonne, Carol then Abraham. As they all met up outside, Carol shutting the door, their eyes landed on Clary. "You sure you can sway Deanna?" Michonne questioned Clary. "Truthfully, she is a stubborn woman so I'm not sure. But I can try to get her to see what she needs to in order to see that we need to be here. That Rick needs to be here." Clary shrugged. "And if she doesn't listen, she'll see it as an act of defiance from me and her focus will be on making sure I don't pull another stunt. It'll keep eyes from you." Michonne nodded hesitantly before the group dispersed, leaving Glenn with Clary. She felt his hand rest on her shoulder, her eyes meeting his as he nodded softly. "You got this. And no matter what happens, whether we're kicked out—" Clary shook her head, determination in her eyes. "That's not going to happen. I won't let it," Clary declared. Glenn smiled proudly at the girl, knowing full well she was strong enough to do whatever she needed. He nodded before departing and heading home.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

463K 14.9K 126
Estella Brandy, a strong, brave six year old girl that was left alone to die in the apocalypse by her mother. Thinking that she wouldn't be able to s...
258K 1.7K 52
CARL FUCKING GRIMES [completed] REQUESTS ARE CLOSED (Form is on the 'Production' page.) i feel like i should address that when there is any mature c...
1M 26.6K 121
"You lose everyone, that's just the way it is now. Get used to it." The new world, where blood and dirt stained your body like it was your favourite...
4.8K 148 11
❛ decisions were never enola's forte, but with it came freedom; from the restrictions of her childhood, of her history, of him. she was free to find...