Why is it You? [BTS Jungkook...

By winter_snow26

After Rian's mother died, she and her dad moved to Korea to start a new life. Attending Oaks Arts High, Rian... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Author's Note
Part of chapter 32
Summary of the Ending

Chapter 22

11.9K 408 151
By winter_snow26

Chapter 22

.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He that speaks much, is much mistaken"

-Benjamin Franklin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.

Rian POV

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I groan as I open my heavy eyelids. My head feels light and my mouth feels dry. I want to go back to sleep- I was too comfortable to even move an inch- but the beeping sound rang again. It finally registered to me that the noise was coming from my phone.

I groan as I force myself to sit up. I snatch my ringing phone from the desk and turn it on. I angrily search for the annoying person who kept on calling me, and let out a deep exhale when I read the name Jinyoo. Groaning, I sit back and read the many text messages that he sent me:

Wake up, Sleepyhead! -J

Do u know what day it is? -J

I can't wait for you forever, u know -J

I can't believe u ditched me yesterday at the mall. What happened anyway? -J

Hurry up! I'm getting impatient. Sitting with my sister at the restaurant alone is horrible -J

My sister is getting impatient. Where r u?

THE DATE IS IN THIRTY MINUTES. IF YOU DON'T MOVE UR LAZY BUTT, I'M TAKING THE BUS BACK TO SCHOOL, AND BARGE IN TO UR ROOM WITH A TRUMPET AND SOME DRUMS -J

I widen my eyes when I read the last message. I immediately look up at the calender pinned up at the wall nearby, and almost choke. Today is the day where I'm supposed to have that "date" with Jinyoo and his sister- and I totally forgot!

I jump out of my bed, now fully awake. I run to the bathroom to clean myself. After I get out, I check the time. Dang it! Only twenty- four minutes left!

I run to my closet and search for the dress that I bought yesterday. I throw it on, not caring to even adjust it, and I quickly slide on the high heels. Once my feet went inside the enormous shoes, I groan. My ankle is sore from yesterday, and it'll get even worse if I wear them again. I throw off the shoes and replace it with flats. It's not much improvement, but at least it's better than the stupid high heels.

After brushing my messy bed hair, I slam the brush down and swing my purse over my shoulder. I run outside, and do my best to rush through the hallway without tripping. It's already been thirteen minutes, which means I only have seventeen minutes until the "date" starts. My phone starts ringing, and I immediately know who it is.

"Yeah, Jinyoo?" I answer my phone as I rush through the hallway.

"Do you know what time it is? The date is in exactly seventeen minutes-"

"I know, I know. I'm coming as fast as I can" I interrupt Jinyoo's angry voice as I pick up my speed.

"But the next bus is in an hour. How are you going to get here?" Jinyoo asks with worry in his voice. I gulp. How do I go to the restaurant which is ten minutes away- by car? I don't have a ride at all, and even if I run through the streets without stopping- which is never going to happen- I'll probably still be late by five minutes.

"I'll figure something out. Tell your sister I'm coming" I mumble as I turn off my phone. As I shove my phone inside my bag, I open the front entrance of the school, and run outside. Gasping for breath, I run through the streets. When I can't take it anymore, I stop next to a tree and rest.

"You okay?" A horribly familiar voice shoots behind me. I swallow as I turn around, only to see a handsome face with red hair and ear piercings. Pretty Boy.

"Jungkook!" I shout in surprise. What is he doing here? I remember hanging out with him yesterday- which was so fun- but to see him again today? Weird.

"I was taking a morning walk outside, but then I heard loud footsteps nearby. It turns out that it was you" Jungkook said, as if he knew what I was thinking. I straighten my back as I brush my hair with my hands.

"Yeah, sorry. I was late for something" I mutter, looking behind me. "Um- I would love to chat, but I really need to go-"

"Do you need a ride?" He asks, raising his car keys above so I can see. I widen both my eyes and mouth.

"Can you really? I need to go to the ramen noodles restaurant nearby. Can you take me there?" I ask eagerly. And, as expected, he smiles and nods. I grin at him as he lead me to his car. I wasn't surprised when I see a red convertible nearby.

"Wow. This is cool" I mumble when I sit on the passenger seat. Jungkook smiles at me, but shakes his head.

"It's not mine. It's my company's" Jungkook said as he pushes the car keys into the key hole, and turns on the engine. He pulls the car back, and starts driving. I tuck a few strands of hair behind my ear and stare at the window. I can feel Jungkook glance at me at the corner of my eyes.

"You're wearing the dress again. Why?" He asks me as he kept his eyes on the road. I purse my lips- should I tell him about my "date" with Jinyoo? Maybe not- it's hard to believe a girl when she tells you that she's going on a fake date, especially when she's dressed fancy

"I'm... just going out to hang with Jinyoo. Nothing much" I smile a little as I fidget with my fingers.

"Oh... I see" Jungkook blinks as he concentrated on the road harder. I nod awkwardly as I look back at the window, staring at the changing scenery. The car ride was quiet for a long time.

"You should wear the dress more often. It looks... good" Jungkook clears his throat as he griped the car's wheel harder. I turn my head around and stare at him. What did he just say? Did he really mean it- or is he just being nice? He is probably just being nice...

"Oh- thanks" I smile as I look at my lap. I can feel my cheeks turning red. I try to tame the happiness bubbling inside me, but it was hard since I was just told that I looked pretty by such a handsome boy.

Wait- what is this feeling? Is this... love?

I widen my eyes- no, it can't be. I can't fall for Jungkook- I can't even have a small crush on him. If I do, then I know I will have a broken heart later on in the future. There are just too many girls crushing over him- and I don't want to compete with them.

"We're here" Jungkook's voice interrupts my thoughts. I look up to see that we are parked right in front of the restaurant. I swallow as I open the car door.

"Thanks for the ride. I owe you" I smile as I step out.

"Have fun" Jungkook waves as he pulls back the car. I watch him as the car drives away, swallowing itself into the busy streets. I sigh as I turn around and walk into the restaurant. When I step into the building, I glance at a clock nearby- which said 10:58 AM. I am two minutes early, thanks to Jungkook.

I look around for Jinyoo, and smile when I see a familiar looking black- haired boy nearby. I walk to him nervously. I notice that his sister is sitting right across from him, which for some reason, caused my pace to fasten.

"Hi, Jinyoo. I'm here" I smile as I stand still next to the booth. Jinyoo jerks his head up and grins at me. I can feel his sister looking at me as well, but I ignore her. I was too nervous to even look at her in the eye!

"Rian! Great, you're two minutes early!" Jinyoo smiled as he stands up. He motions his hand at me, telling me to sit next to him. I nod as I slide next to him at the booth.

"Rian, this is my sister, ShinHwa. ShinHwa- this is my girlfriend that I was talking about" He points his finger at the pretty girl in front of me. I bow my head, but immediately freeze. I look up to study her face- which looks strangely familiar.

She was that girl I bumped into yesterday, at the pizza restaurant where I went with Jungkook. But it seems as if she doesn't recognize me, because she just bowed her head, and gives me a look as if it is her first time meeting me. She gives me a wide grin, which causes her eyes to sparkle.

"Nice to meet you, Rian. Jinyoo told me all about you. You're prettier than what I imagined" She smiles. I smile back, bowing my head again.

"Great. I'm going out to order something. You two stay here and chat while I order the food" Jinyoo exclaims as he stands up and walks away. I purse my lips, finding it uncomfortable to be sitting alone with a stranger.

"It's so nice to meet you. Jinyoo told me all about you-" I try to start a conversation, but I was cut off by her snapping fingers.

"Are you a cheater?" She asks, frowning.

"What?" I ask, surprised.

"Don't act innocent! I saw you with another boy yesterday, at the pizza restaurant. I was the girl you bumped into- remember?" She mumbles, causing me to sit up straighter.

"I remember, but I think you're mistaken. I was-" I try to speak, but she snaps her fingers again.

"No, don't even try. I hate people like you- Jinyoo does not deserve a person like you" She sneers. I stare at her in shock- couldn't she let me finish my sentence?

"ShinHwa, you don't understand" I plead, but she doesn't listen. And suddenly, she stands up. She grabs her glass of coke, and after taking off the straw, she dumps the liquid into my head. I stand up, surprised by her sudden movement.

"That will teach you from messing with my younger brother" She sneers.

~To be continued~

___________________________________________

Vote and Comment! Happy (late) Merry Christmas!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 135 23
"Today we're gonna discuss the case of..." A few tears ran down my cheeks. I couldn't believe it. I was sitting in a courtroom right now. I've never...
237K 18K 85
Y/N, a girl that has finally graduated university and is now in a serious relationship with her ex-professor, is stepping into new grounds that will...
224K 7.4K 41
[๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ] [๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—ฎ๐˜‚] yoon m/n is a well known person on instagram for having friends in the idol world. mostly friends...
1.7K 104 3
Coming out next month!!! Book 2 of the ๐•ฑ๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–๐–™๐–ˆ๐–‘๐–š๐–‡ series This book is the second and last of Lia's and Atticus' story. Please read book #1 f...