●◐Alicization: Reimagined◑●【A...

By J4SZX18

[Discontinued... or is it?] This is my own reimagination of SAO: Alicization, meaning that I will change many... More

Chapter 1 - Children
Chapter 2 - Training
Chapter 3 - Knighting
Chapter 4 - Calling
Chapter 5 - Together
Chapter 6 - Journey
Chapter 7 - Odds
Chapter 8 - Condition
Chapter 9 - Memories

Prologue

8K 113 40
By J4SZX18

Where the green meadows stretch as far as the eye can see, a small village is located far from the capital city of Centoria, with a ginormous tree named the Gigas Cedar near the farmlands. This is the place known as Rulid Village.

*chop*

As the echoes of an axe hitting a tree reverberates through the wind, a dark blonde boy with a tinge of blue apparel clothes can be seen holding what appears to be a dragon bone axe. He wipes of a sweat readying to deliver another blow to the huge tree.

*clash* *swing* *clang*

Sounds of wooden swords clashing near the workplace of the small blonde, seemingly coming from a spar of two other boys. One has black hair with a with the same clothes as the blonde but colored in black, and his sparring partner sporting snow white hair with white apparels similarly designed as the other two boys. Both panting from exhaustion, but only for a moment before they continue to clash swords.

*clash*

???: "C'mon Kirito. Put your back into it!" Said the snow-haired boy.

Kirito: "Shut up Y/N! I'll finally beat you today!" Replied the dark-haired boy.

In an instant, Kirito positioned his sword diagonally making Y/N's sword scrape to the side. After his motion, Kirito waved his sword in a circular motion backwards to hit Y/N, but a sudden axe kick from the white-haired boy was able kick Kirito's sword away.

Kirito tried to pick-up his sword, but he felt a wooden blade to the neck held by a grinning Y/N.

Y/N: "This makes my 89th win and your 89th loss." He declared.

Kirito: "Geez hold back will you." He complained.

Y/N: "Nope, our calling of being a swordsman requires intense training. But don't worry, we'll help each other along the way."

Kirito: "I wish. Gah, I wanna be an integrity knight already!" He shouted.

???: "Stop complaining Kirito, we're still ten years old." Said the blonde boy as he delivers a swing to the tree. *chop* "And done! Fifty swings done for the day!" He then sat down.

Y/N: "Good work Eugeo." He said as he gave him a towel.

Eugeo: "Thanks Y/N. Though I only managed to deliver two good swings out of fifty." He said as he scratched the back of his head.

Y/N: "So how much did you chip away its durability?"

Eugeo: "Let me check." He looked at the tree and pointed out his hand.

He waved his hand with two fingers and drew a line that resembles an S leaving a marking in the air. He then touched the S and it revealed the stats of the tree in a magically digital panel called the Stacia Window. "Looks like I only managed to chip away a measly amount." He sighed.

Kirito: "How much was the total damage you caused this past month?" He asked Eugeo as he sat beside Y/N.

Eugeo: "Only a minuscule amount."

Kirito: "That's gonna take forever Eugeo!"

Eugeo: "C'mon, this is my calling as a woodcutter. I don't have grandiose callings like the both of you." He humbly said.

Y/N: "But being a swordsman is tough. You have to put your life on the line."

Kirito: "Yeah, and once you become an integrity knight, it's gonna get more dangerous."

Y/N: "Don't worry though. We'll always stop by the village and visit you guys." He assured.

Eugeo: "Hehe, that would be nice of both of you." He smiled.

Kirito: "Oi! Don't be like that!" He then tackled both Eugeo and Y/N to the ground.

Y/N: "Kirito! What did I do?"

Eugeo: "Really Kirito?"

Kirito: "Let's just have fun since we're still ten! Worry the adult things later!"

Kirito then tickled the sides of Eugeo and Y/N making both of them laugh out loud. The laughing duo begged and wailed for Kirito to stop, but he continued nevertheless. Laughter was heard from the three as they were having fun. They're still ten, they have to enjoy their age after all.

???: "Oi! Are you three slacking off?" Said a hazelnut-brown hair colored girl holding a red and white checkered mat and equipping a wooden rapier at her side.

Kirito: "A-Asuna! No, we finished our quotas for the day!" He got off from the ground and waved his hands from side to side as he shakily explained.

Asuna: "Oh really? Do you believe him Alice?" She tells the other girl with bright golden hair beside her holding what seems to be a picnic basket.

Alice: "I don't think so, is this true Y/N?" Asked the bright blonde girl.

Y/N: "Yup we sure did." He said with an honest and pure smile.

Alice: "Then I believe you." She reciprocates his smile with a warm one.

Kirito: "Oi oi, why do you take his word and not mine?"

Eugeo: "It's because you tend to get in trouble a lot and you lie a lot, poorly if I may add."

Eugeos statement made them burst out in laughter leaving a depressed Kirito tuck in his legs.

Alice: "Anyway, lets eat lunch." She sets down her picnic basket as Asuna lays out the blanket.

As the food is set, sandwiches of different kinds are packed in the basket. A sneaky Kirito tried to grab one, but that led to a smack of the hand by Asuna.

Y/N: "Man, Alice's sandwiches are delicious as always!" He complements.

Alice: "Hehe, thanks Y/N." She blushes at his complement.

Kirito: "Mmmf, *munch* thish *munch* ish *munch* gret!"

Asuna: "Don't eat that fast you glutton!"

Eugeo: "Haha, typical." He chuckles.

They all had a pretty good time talking and eating. With Eugeo asking how's Alices sacred arts training, Kirito tempting Asuna to spar with him, and Y/N casually looking up at the sky imagining.

Though Y/N's acts left Alice bearing a curious but admiring expression. Ultimately, that led Asuna whispering and teasing Alice that she likes Y/N. Her blushing face does get acknowledged by Eugeo. Then Kirito making fun of Eugeo having a crush on Alice. Eventually, a new topic was being discussed about their food, but Y/N is still staring at the sky thinking of something.

What does the future hold for us?

Kirito: "Oi Y/N!" He shouted which startled the aloof boy.

Y/N: "Oh sorry, what were we talking about?"

Asuna: "Geez, we were talking about a way to find ice."

Y/N: "What for?"

Eugeo: "A way to preserve food, not only helpful to us but for the village as well!" He cheerily exclaimed.

Y/N: "That sounds good, but where can we find it?"

Alice: "I know!" She shouted which gained everyones attention. "How about we go to the caves at the End Mountains."

Eugeo: "Isn't that place banned from going?" He surmises.

Asuna: "It's even within range of the Dark Territory, isn't that dangerous?"

Kirito: "We're only in the caves. As long as we don't actually cross the Dark Territory, we won't be breaking the taboo."

Y/N: "I don't know, I think that something bad might happen."

Alice: "C'mon Y/N! It can also count as helping the village. Please?" She begs him.

Even the dashing Kirito faked puppy eyes onto Y/N making Asuna and Eugeo facepalm. After what seems to be an eternity of begging, Y/N gives up.

Y/N: *sigh* "Fine. We'll go after we all finish our quotas tomorrow."

Kirito: "Yeah awesome!" He shouts.

Y/N: "Don't forget that we'll be learning more stances tomorrow Kirito." He states which made Kirito flinch then delve into a nod.

Eugeo: "It's getting late guys. Let's go back to the village."

Asuna: "Yup, we better get up early for our trip tomorrow."

As the sun sets in the horizon, the children head back to the village along the gravel path. As they draw near the entrance, townsmen greet the children with casual remarks and praises.

Especially Y/N. For a young boy, he is quite popular. He helps other people with their errands and problems, he is a genius budding swordsman that was able to outdo the best guard at a young age, even the sisters at the church praise his prodigal skills in the sacred arts which even bests Alice. It's not little to say that even the village chief Gasupht Zuberg, Alice's father, wants him to marry his eldest daughter once they reach the age of eighteen.

But Y/N is a peculiar child. Born with unnatural but beautiful white hair, no parents, but has a bit of fascination of the future. He looks ahead of things like an adult does. Even when he is not versed with familial love, he is still content from the love from his friends and the townspeople.

One by one, the group of friends stop at their designated homes. First was Kirito going with his sister Suguha who was waiting at the door in front of their house, then Eugeo going to his shack, Asuna going to her little farm house, until only Y/N and Alice were left walking.

Alice: "So it's only us now." She says as she looks up at the night sky.

Y/N: "Yup. I mean because I live with your family."

The Zubergs didn't like that Y/N had to freelance, so they prepared an extra room in their humble abode for Y/N to live in.

Y/N: "I better repay your family after I become a full fledged swordsman."

Alice: "Don't worry about it. Father said that you can live with us for as long as you like."

Y/N: "I can't just rely on you guys forever. It makes me feel bad about it."

Alice: "Don't be. Can't you just be selfish for a bit?"

Y/N: "Really? I can't do that Alice."

Alice: *giggle* "I know, that's what I love about you." She said which made Y/N heat up his cheeks.

Y/N: "Wha?! Stop that teasing." He blushingly said.

Alice: "If you say so." She mentions.

Though I really do love that about you.

Y/N: "Well, we better sleep early after dinner today if we will push through our adventure tomorrow."

Alice: "Right, let's go!" She speeds off.

Y/N: "Hey! Don't leave me behind!" He runs after her.

After they both reached home, they ate dinner with Alice's parents and her sister Selka, and went to bed early.

.

.

As the new day comes, the kids go on with their usual routine. Kirito and Y/N both training and sparring, Eugeo swinging his axe on the giant tree known as the Gigas Cedar, Alice practicing her sacred arts, and Asuna improving her cooking and rapier skills.

As noon approaches, they all met up and got ready to venture within the End Mountain caves.

Hopefully nothing goes wrong.

Kirito: "Alright, we're all set. Let's go!" He leads.

The five children made their merry way onto new grounds with the goal if finding ice. We have Kirito leading, Alice and Asuna in the middle holding empty baskets for the ice, and Y/N and Eugeo at the back.

As they venture more, the scenery changes drastically. They saw a river leading to the caves, flower fields of different kinds, an ominous Osmanthus tree which caught Alice's attention.

That golden Osmanthus tree, better check it out next time. She takes a mental note.

Kirito: "Here we are at the cave guys!" She points to the nearby cave.

Asuna: "It's dark in there. What are we gonna do?"

Y/N: "Easy, check this out." He said as he grabbed a nearby plant.

Alice: "Oh I see. Good thinking Y/N." She also grabs a plant.

They both stick out their hands and move their palms over the top of the plant.

Y/N & Alice: "System Call: Generate Luminous Element." They both chanted as the plants emit a yellow glow, enough to provide illumination.

Eugeo: "Sacred Arts, that's cool." He compliments as Y/N gives the lighted plant to Kirito.

Kirito: "Nice! Let's keep going."

With the provided incandescence, they venture forth deeper into the cave.

Asuna: "Guys, isn't this the cave where Bercouli the Hero went to defeat the dragon?"

Alice: "Now that you mention it, I think it is."

Kirito: "Maybe we cam find awesome loot here!"

Eugeo: "I doubt it, it's been hundreds of years since then."

Y/N: "We're here to find ice, not treasure. Look, were nearing our destination."

As Y/N points out, the group has reached a spacious caving with pristine features.

Asuna: "Looks like we're here."

Eugeo: "Wow, this place looks- GAH!" He shouted in fear as he spotted a dragon skeleton.

Y/N: "What do you know, it's the dragon Bercouli defeated." He walks closer to inspect the skeleton. As he investigates the remains of the mythical beast, he stumbles upon something. "A sword? Kirito! Come check this out."

Kirito was fumbling around a chest of gold coins while the girls were collecting the ice. As Kirito heard Y/N's voice, he dashes towards the boy and spots the sword.

Kirito: "Woah! This sword looks cool." His eyes sparkling in amazement.

Y/N: "But we can't carry it, look." He opens the Stacia Window on the sword to check it's authority level. "Its authority level is very high. Only expert swordsmans can carry it." He states making the black-haired boy frown.

Kirito: "Aww man."

Asuna: "Guys we got the ice." She shouts.

Y/N: "Great, we can leave this eerie place." He shrugs.

Alice: "Which way is the exit?"

Kirito & Eugeo: "This way." They point in opposite directions.

Asuna: "Umm, which way?"

Kirito: "I swear it is this way."

Eugeo: "Huh? I thought it was this way."

Y/N: "Lets just pick one. If we feel lost the we can just turn back." He suggests.

Alice: "Good idea, lets go the direction Kirito pointed." She says as everyone nods in agreement.

They then followed the path which Kirito pointed. It felt difficult for the kids to determine if they are lost or not. They kept following it until they saw a bright light.

Kirito: "It's the exit guys." He runs off.

As they draw near the light, they finally see the surroundings outside. And what they saw was not they have expected.

Eugeo: "This.. is not the right way."

Y/N: "We know, just look around you."

The kids knew what this meant. The sky was red and and the clouds were dark. The barren wasteland filled with dead trees and sandy ground. Dozens of skeletal remains at every corner. The kids knew where they are, and it clicked them too late.

Alice: "This is the Dark Territory." She frighteningly stated.

Kirito: "Look at the sky!"

As they look up, they saw a scene most unknown to them. Two figures flying at each other with swords in-hand clashing mid-flight. The figures were riding fierce dragons. It didn't take them long to figure out that they were both knights.

On knight managed to strike the other down which caused the losing one to fall to the ground landing near the children. They were more startled at the event that happened. The dust cleared to reveal the knight lying down, holding on to dear life. The knight then moved his head towards the direction of the children.

The downed knight stretched his hand towards them, seemingly calling for their need. On that note, Alice instinctively began to walk forward trying to reach for the knight. She's almost crossing the border to the the Dark Territory but a snow-haired boy managed to grab her waist and move her back to the group.

Y/N: "Be careful Alice! You almost broke a taboo!" He reprimanded.

Alice: "I-I'm sorry." She pleaded.

Kirito: "Let's just leave-." He cuts himself off as he spots something peculiar. "Guys, what is that?" He points to behind the group.

The group spots what appears to be a black-purple spiral. The spiral got bigger and uttered a message. 'Taboo broken. Verdict: Y/N. Coordinates located. Issuing Integrity Knight.' The spiral then fades away leaving the group stunned.

Asuna: "What did that message mean? We didn't break any taboo."

Y/N: "...guys." He utters.

When the children looked at Y/N, their faces drowned in shock and horror. Y/N was standing on the other side of the border.

Eugeo: "No...way.." He speaks with disbelief.

Kirito: "Let's just go now!" He shouts as they looked at him. "We weren't involved in something big. Let's just keep it to ourselves."

Y/N...he prevented me....from breaking...the taboo. Alice realized.

Alice: "It's....my..fault.." She speaks in horror.

Y/N: "No it's not! I was just careless." He reassured.

But deep down in everyone's mind, Y/N was lying. It truly was Alice's fault that Y/N broke the taboo.

Asuna: "Y/N...no."

Kirito: "Oh for the love of...LET'S GO!!" He practically yells.

The group of children then went back to the direction of the cave and exited out the right path. They retraced their steps as the were able to reach Rulid Village at sunset. No words were uttered during their way back. Y/N was restless about his fate, Kirito kept telling himself that Y/N and Alice did nothing wrong, Asuna felt anxiety over the fate for her friend, Eugeo felt extremely downhearted of the situation, and Alice.....well..

Alice wants to drown herself for causing her closest friend to break a taboo.

None of them cared that they brought back ice, they knew what they've done. Y/N tried to warn them before their venture. But they didn't listen. They all felt guilty that their friend has broken a taboo. But no one felt more guilty than Alice.

Eugeo: "Guys..." He quietly said. "What are we gonna do?."

Kirito: "No one say a word. We must protect Y/N at all costs." He said without hesitation.

Asuna: "But what about the integrity knight that the spinning void mentioned."

Kirito: "I... uh.." He couldn't find the right words to say.

What could they do against an integrity knight? Nothing.

After all this time, Y/N didn't feel scared or worried. He felt rather, devoid.

Y/N: "What if I am taken away to be punished?" He posed a situation.

Kirito: "Don't say that Y/N! You're not leaving on my watch."

Eugeo: "Let's just go home and pretend nothing happened." He said which made Kirito infuriated.

Kirito: "Pretend that nothing happened?! Are you kidding me!"

Eugeo: "WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO!" He shouted which caught everyone off guard. "There's nothing we can do except pretend. Let's just hope that Y/N won't be taken away, it's all we kids can do."

Kirito grit his fist hard before softening up. They then went back home, hoping that Y/N would be safe.

.

The next morning came, and everyone is back to do their calling. Although Y/N was nowhere to be found. Alice told them that when she woke up, her father said that Y/N went somewhere. She wanted to find him, but she knew that the church won't be too happy if she skipped sacred arts class.

So Kirito was only tidying up his sword skills and stances alone. The others were at their usual callings. But it's not to say that they were feeling alright.

Lunch time came around and everyone met up at the Gigas Cedar as usual. Only this time, Y/N wasn't with them.

Kirito: "Oi oi, where's Y/N?" He asked worriedly.

Asuna: "I haven't seen him around."

Eugeo: "Alice, do you know where he is?"

Alice: "I-I.."

*flap*

She was cut off by the sounds of flapping wings and the gust of wind. They all looked up and saw a dragon flying.

Asuna: "What in the world! A dragon?!"

Eugeo: "But we're not in the far North!"

Kirito: "Guys! There's someone riding the dragon." He points, but his statement made them all realize something terrible. "No...it can't be.."

Alice: "An...integrity..knight!" She then began to run into the village with her close friends behind her.

As they reach the village, they noticed that a bunch of people were huddled near the house of Alice. The kids then rush to the scene hoping for the best.

Murmurs and chattering can be heard from the townspeople since it's not everyday that integrity knights go to the village.

As on cue, the dragon floating above the abode finally landed. A gust of dust dispersed as the tamed dragon sets foot on the gravel below. The shining integrity knight steps of the dragon and inspects the denizens.

His eyes made their ways towards Gasupht, the village chief, Alice's father. He then made his way towards the man, shingles of metal sounding off of each step.

Knight: "Are you the village chief?" Asked in a muffled and low voice.

Gasupht: "Yes sir knight. What may be your business here in Rulid village?" He replied humbly.

Knight: "Bring me the child named Y/N." He demanded.

Gasupht: "Sir knight, if I may. What is your purpose of having Y/N?"

Knight: "This child has committed a taboo in the Taboo Index for setting foot in the dark territory. He is to be questioned and then executed at the Grand Cathedral."

Gasps and shocks were heard throughout the village. They couldn't believe that a wonderful kid like Y/N would break the Taboo Index. Alice and the others trembled knowing that Y/N's fate is sealed.

Then suddenly..

Y/N: "I am Y/N, sir integrity knight."

The people looked towards the source of the voice. They saw Y/N standing near the door to Alice's house.

Knight: "I see that the criminal is willing to come clean. Very well, I praise your boldness kid." He then goes to Y/N and applies a strap that holds Y/N's hands on his back.

He connects a rope behind it and drags him to the dragon. While the knight was tying up Y/N's rope to the dragon...

Kirito: "Guys, i'll rush forward with Asuna to tackle the knight. Alice and Eugeo will get Y/N and take him far away. We'll catch up soon after." He states which Asuna nodded to, but Eugeo and Alice tensing up.

Eugeo: "We're going up against an integrity knight?!" He asks visibly afraid.

Asuna: "It's the last choice we have." She adds.

Kirito: "C'mon Alice, you can still save Y/N."

Without waiting for Alice's response, both Kirito and Asuna charged at the knight surprising the crowd. As the two kids went close, the knight let out a force of wind strong enough to push them away. When they hit the ground, the villagers held both Kirito and Asuna down.

Asuna: "Alice! Eugeo!"

Kirito: "Go save Y/N!" They both yelled.

Eugeo, clearly terrified, walked slowly towards the knight. As he took another step, thoughts began filling his mind. What if he was punished by the knight? What if the knight also takes him? What if he can't see Alice again? Due to these thoughts, his legs trembled in fear as he falls down to his knees.

Alice on the other hand stares at Y/N. The snow-haired boy being lifted up by the dragon as they slowly gain altitude. The dragon then flies away with Y/N being hanged below it by the strap.

No...Y/N..... She thought to herself.

She ran trying to catch up to Y/N. She shouts his name over and over again. Sorrow, guilt, and anguish filled each shout.

Alice: "Y/N!!! *huff* Y/N!! *pant* DON'T LEAVE ME!!!!"

Then, she trips over a bunch of rubble in the gravel path. She looks up to find Y/N looking at her, smiling. Y/N shouted some words that Alice was barely able to hear. But upon hearing this, she felt deeply pained.

"Don't cry Alice. I'll always be with you no matter what."

When Y/N was taken up by the clouds, Alice breaks down crying. She felt pain greater than ever before. It felt like a stake was being hammered in her heart, time and time again.

Alice: "WWAAAAAAA!!"

Tears came crashing down on her face seemingly never stopping. Her howls of sadness heard in every corner of Rulid village. The townspeople felt really bad for the young girl. Her friends start crying afterwards, resonating with Alice's pain due to the loss of a friend.

But Alice took the pain the worst. She knows that it's her fault that Y/N will be executed. How can she be happy knowing that Y/N is dead because of her? How can she have the right to be cheery when she caused the death of her closest friend? How could she have the right to love him if she gave him great pain? Then suddenly, her heart felt a massive slice.

She resolved herself. She will never act the same way again. If it meant locking away her happy and cheery self, she will.

She decided, that she will become stronger. She will strive to become stronger than ever before, even if she has to become an integrity knight. She will find a way to keep Y/N's legacy.

But deep in the darkest depths of her heart, she can't lock away her feelings towards Y/N, even in death. So she hopes, she prays to the goddess Stacia, that Y/N might be alive in the future.

She knows him very well, he'll find a way to live on and meet her again.

So for the meantime, she'll train hard and become strong to become an integrity knight. So that when she reaches the Central Cathedral, she might meet Y/N once again.

Wait for me Y/N. I'll finish my calling, and reach you in the future!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Beater By Kat

Fanfiction

45.4K 1.6K 40
KiritoxReader SAO Your father is the Co-CEO of a successful gaming company that specialises in vrmmorpg and is helping develop SAO. You were a beta...
606 23 5
Y/n L/n and Co. meet in the new VR MMO game "Sword Art Online" and find themselves exploring the game, interacting with strange new creatures, player...
68.9K 1K 24
"Have you ever truly experienced the feeling of losing your sense of reality?" These words echoed mysteriously in Kirigaya Kazuto's mind one day. Lit...
459 5 11
What if Kirito had died when he was attacked by last member of Laughing Coffin? What if instead of going to the Underworld Kirito gets reincarnated t...