Princess In Disguise

By melisabigler

(Completed) Princess Amelia Cardston is put to a task by her parents. They want her to go to another kingdom... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 28

1.4K 65 41
By melisabigler

Amelia woke up with a smile on her face. Today was the day. She was going to get married and take down the wicked royal family. She rolled over and squealed in surprise. Ashton was lying in bed with her, fully dressed, and watching her.

"What are you doing in here?" she hissed.

He chuckled. "Watching you sleep. Did you know you are incredibly beautiful in the morning?"

She blushed. "Thank you, now get out so I can get ready."

He chuckled. "Need some help?"

"After we are married, love," she grinned cheekily and kissed him.

"I can't wait to wake up to you every morning," he said, pulling her to him and kissing her soundly. "Now get dressed. I have breakfast waiting for us. Your parents are up and are visiting with my supposed parents, keeping them distracted for what is about to happen."

"I will have to thank them later for that," Amelia grinned.

"I already did. I also called Officer Brewen and informed him of what else was going on. He was shocked, to say the least. He is going to have the whole force here. Plus, I have taken it upon myself to have cameras installed throughout the ballroom. The drama is all going to unfold on the 9:00 news tonight," Ashton chuckled.

"I like how you think, love," Amelia said, kissing him. "Now go away so I can get ready."

He nodded, rolled off the bed, and after blowing Amelia a kiss, he left the room.

As soon as he was gone, Becky walked in. "Come on, princess, let's get you pretty."

"Not too pretty," Amelia laughed. "I don't need to get dolled up until tonight."

"True, but you can still look smoking hot for your man."

Amelia grinned. "That I can do."

"Your parents brought some incredible clothes any girl would die for," Becky sighed. "I am so jealous of your wardrobe, and your dress for tonight, wow, it is incredible. If Ashton doesn't want to take you to his bed after seeing you in that, then he has issues," she grinned.

Amelia laughed. "Okay, then. Let me shower, and we can see what my parents brought."

Amelia got out of bed and scurried into the bathroom, earning a wink from Ashton, who was visiting with Drew in the living room.

Amelia quickly showered, and then Becky brought a dress into the bathroom. "I brought you this simple yet elegant, pre-wedding dress," Becky grinned, handing it to Amelia. "You seriously have good taste in clothes, and I bet they cost a pretty penny," Becky sighed.

"I have a woman who designs my outfits," Amelia admitted. "She is very talented."

"Yes, I can see that, and I wish I were your size, I would steal your clothes."

Amelia laughed. "I will make you a deal. Go and spend a couple of weeks with my parents while Ashton and I have our honeymoon. I will have my designer come in and make you some clothes."

"Really?" Becky gasped. "I love you so much!" She hugged Amelia tightly to her.

"Okay, can't breathe," Amelia choked out.

Becky laughed and stepped back. "Okay, princess, let's get your hair done and your makeup then your dress."

Amelia nodded and let Becky help her, and then the two of them left the bathroom.

Ashton stood up when he saw his fiancée come out of the bathroom. She looked incredibly elegant in the dark blue off the shoulder dress.

He walked over to her and kissed her softly. "You look stunning, my love."

"Just you wait until tonight," Becky said, "she is going to knock your socks off."

Ashton chuckled. "Come love, and eat with me. Your brother and I were discussing final plans for tonight."

"Amelia," Drew said, "what did you do to Serena's dress?"

"I'm not sure actually," Amelia shrugged. "Jacque is going to school to be a chemical engineer. He could tell you. All I can say is that if Serena gets her dress wet, it is going to start dissolving."

The men gasped. "Wow, that crazy son of a gun," Drew chuckled. "Well, that should be interesting. How did you sleep?"

"Good," she smiled, sitting down, Ashton joining her.

"Are you ready for today?" Drew asked her worriedly.

"I was born ready, brother of mine."

"Good," he said. "I am proud of you, sister of mine. This day will go down in history, that is for sure."

Amelia sighed happily as she ate, stealing glances at Ashton every now and then. He was so incredibly handsome; his dark hair was styled, and his dark suit fit perfectly on him. Amelia couldn't wait to see what was under that suit of his.

He caught her staring, and smirked at her, then leaned in and whispered. "I see you are undressing me with your eyes," making her blush, "but I am doing the same thing to you," he said, kissing her cheek.

"All right, you two, you are making me sick," Drew teased. "So, what are we going to do today? It's hours before the ball, and I do not want to be cooped in here all day."

"We could go and ride," Ashton suggested.

"Yes, that would be perfect."

"Amelia?"

"I would have to change, again," Amelia said, looking at her dress.

"You can ride in front of me," Ashton smiled.

"Don't you think someone will notice that your cousin's cousin is out sitting on a horse with the supposed fiancé of the wicked Serena?" Amelia pointed out.

"Oh, yes," Ashton frowned. "Okay, well, what do you suggest?"

"You boys go and ride, and Becky, and I can figure something out," Amelia said.

"Are you sure?" Ashton frowned.

"Of course," Amelia said, kissing him. "Go and have some fun before the crap hits the fan tonight."

Ashton laughed. "Okay, love, perhaps I will."

"But try and avoid Serena."

"Oh, I will, and according to one of my staff, Serena is spending the day getting dolled up for our supposed wedding," he chuckled.

He then looked at Amelia. "I am glad you don't feel like you need to get dolled up. You are stunning as you are."

"Thank you, flatterer," Amelia said, kissing him.

"I bet it takes all day to put on Serena's makeup," Becky mused. "She probably goes through a gallon of makeup a day."

Everyone chuckled at that.

"What have we missed?" Ellis asked, walking into the room, Jacque and Victor behind him. "We were making last-minute plans for tonight," he snickered.

"Oh?" Ashton said.

"Yes. Amelia's parents are distracting the royal pain in the arses, so we went into their room, and made a few adjustments to their clothing for tonight, also."

"Oh my," Amelia laughed. "Well, that will be a sight to behold, not that I want to see any of that."

"Jacque, did you not think that some people might not want to see their naked bodies?" Ashton grimaced.

"Don't worry. I put a bug in one of the staff's ear to tell Serena to wear underwear because her um, soon to be husband, likes to peel things off in layers."

Everyone grimaced.

"Yuck, thanks for that picture," Drew shuddered, making everyone laugh.

Drew stood. "You boys want to go horseback riding?"

"Sure," Jacque shrugged. "What are you girls going to do?" he asked Becky and Amelia.

"I called in a friend," Becky grinned. "And I am going to have her give Amelia a massage, and do her hair and nails for tonight, along with mine."

"Have fun with that," Ellis chuckled. "We are out of here."

Ashton chuckled. "Ellis doesn't like girly stuff."

"Just you wait until you get married and have all girls, Ellis," Amelia said.

"No, please don't curse me," he said, and ran out the door, amid laughter.

Ashton kissed his fiancée. "Have a good day. I will pick you up at your door at exactly 7:00 tonight, okay?"

"Okay," she smiled at him.

"Take care," he said, kissed her again, and then left the room with the boys.

"Finally," Becky said. "My friend should be here any minute."

It was but moments later that a knock sounded on the door.

"Come in," Becky said.

The door opened, and a woman walked in, loaded with bags and a massage table. "You called?" she grinned at Becky.

"Hi, Yvonne, yes, I want you to give my lovely friend and soon to be bride, Princess Amelia Cardston, a massage, makeover, and nails," Becky said.

"Your highness," Yvonne smiled. "It would be my pleasure." She then looked at Amelia's dress. "But let's get you into a robe. We don't want to ruin your lovely dress."

Amelia nodded and went and found a robe, then let Yvonne do her magic. The girls took a break a while later for some lunch, and when the King and Queen saw what the girls were doing, they went for a walk.

Dinner finally rolled around, and Amelia was too nervous to eat. She picked at her food, and her mother had to force her to eat. When they were done, Amelia stood up. "Okay, I want to get ready."

Her parents nodded and headed away to get dressed in their finest regalia, while Amelia did the same with Becky's help. When Amelia was ready for her dress, Becky helped her slip it over her head and zip it up. The dress was gold and fit Amelia like a glove. It hugged her body to right below her hind end, then flared out where it puddled on the floor. It was backless and had spaghetti straps with a dip in the front to show off a modest amount of cleavage.

"Wow," Becky said, tears in her eyes, "You look so stunning."

"Thank you, Becky."

The bedroom door opened, and the queen walked in and gasped at the sight of her daughter. "You look so stunning, Amelia."

"Thank you, mother," Amelia said.

Her mother stepped forward then and put a diamond necklace around her daughter's neck. "I wore this on my wedding day, and now it is yours."

Amelia smiled through teary eyes and then saw her father watching her, tears in his eyes.

"Stunning," he said. "Ashton won't know what hit him when he sees you."

Amelia smiled. "Thank you, father."

"Well, I am going to leave. I am sure that the hunky cop is here waiting for me," Becky smiled. "I will see you at the ball," she then left the room. As soon as she did, Ashton knocked on the outer door.

The queen went to answer it, and Ashton stepped inside. Ashton's jaw dropped when he saw Amelia. She looked like an angel in gold. He stepped forward, tongue-tied for the first time in his life.

"Wow," he finally said. "You are absolutely stunning."

"Thank you," she blushed. "You look very dashing yourself," and Ashton did. The prince was dressed in his prince uniform, a crown on his head, and looked incredibly handsome. Amelia wanted to drool at the sight of him.

"Later love," he chuckled, as the king placed Amelia's tiara on her head.

"Shall we?" the king grinned. "Let's go and shock the hell out of everyone."

Amelia and Ashton laughed as the queen smacked her husband's arm.

"Language," she said.

"What? I'm just repeating what your son said earlier."

"I am going to have a word with him," the queen said, with a smirk on her face.

The king headed to the door and taking a deep breath; he took his wife out the door with him, Ashton tucking his arm through Amelia's.

Drew met them in the hallway. "Wow, sis, you look amazing."

"Thank you, Drew. You look nice, also." Drew was dressed in his prince uniform. Whereas his was red, Ashton's was blue. Both men would have women drooling over them, Amelia was sure. But Ashton was soon to be hers, forever.

"Shall we?" the king asked.

"We shall," the queen grinned.

The five of them headed down the stairs and down the hall towards the ballroom. The guards, who were standing in the hall, bowed to them as they passed.

Amelia took a deep breath, and two men in uniform opened the door to the ballroom.

A herald stood on the stairs and blew his horn. Everyone in the room stopped and looked up the stairs. Serena sat by the Queen and King on the dais, wondering where Ashton was, knowing that it would be her night. She would show everyone that she was ready to be a Queen.

"Announcing King Wes, and Queen Brigid Cardston of Jardonia, along with their son, Drew." The herald paused, then smiling, he said, "also announcing the lovely Princess Amelia Cardston, and her fiancé, Ashton Holland."

The crowd gasped as the family walked down the stairs, their heads held high.

Serena stood in shock, looking at the stairs as Ashton walked down the stairs with wait, was that Amy on his arm? No freaking way. She was the princess?

Serena looked at the queen, her mother, who had gone absolutely pale. She felt the same way, and knew her face reflected her mother's shock.

"No," Serena whispered.

The Cardston family headed to the middle of the ballroom, and everyone bowed or curtseyed to them. Amelia caught the eye of the cousins who winked at her, and Kip, who gave her a thumbs up.

"Friends, family," King Cardston said. "I am so happy that you have welcomed us. We would like to do something different tonight to start out this ball if that is all right. We would like to have a wedding."

Everyone gasped. The king nodded, and suddenly an arch was put up in the corner of the room by some of the staff. King Cardston headed under the arch, while the queen stood by. Ellis stepped forward with a ring pillow, as did Becky, Jacque, and Victor to take their places.

Ashton smiled at his fiancée and leaving her side; he walked under the arch to stand by the king. The king turned to face the crowd, and soft music started to play. Jacque stepped up to Amelia and tucked his arm in hers. "You look stunning," he whispered. "I am jealous."

She just smiled at him. "Thanks for doing this, Jacque."

"It is my honor," he said, stepping forward with Amelia. Ellis stood by the king on one side with the ring pillow, Becky, on the other side, tears in her eyes as she watched her cousin.

Amelia stepped up to Ashton, who took her hand in his, the love showing in his eyes so much, Amelia began to tear up.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we would like to wed these two lovely people, Prince Ashton, to Princess Amelia. I am not going to ask if there are objections, I don't care," he said, making everyone chuckle.

"No!" They heard then, "No, you can't marry her!" Serena screamed, running forward, but one of the officers grabbed her and held her back. "He is mine!" She screamed. "You weren't supposed to be a princess. You were just an ordinary girl; you have no right!"

"Shut up!" King Cardston roared. "Or I will have you arrested!"

Serena whimpered. The cop put a hand over her mouth so she couldn't say anything more.

King Gerard and Heidi stood up, ready to escape, but four officers stepped up to them and stopped them. "You aren't going anywhere," one of the officers growled, pointing his gun at them. "Sit down and shut up, and if you even so much as move, you will not like the consequences."

The couple sat down obediently.

"Where were we," Amelia's father chuckled.  "Oh yes, do you, Ashton, take Amelia to be your wife?"

"Yes, I do," he said with conviction, tears in his eyes.

"And do you, Princess Amelia, take Ashton to be your husband."

"Yes, most definitely yes," she said, as tears streamed down her face.

Ashton took a ring off the pillow and slipped it onto Amelia's finger; it was perfect. A single diamond set on a white gold band. Amelia then took the ring that her mother had chosen for Ashton, since Amelia didn't have time, and slipped it onto Ashton's finger. "You may now kiss your bride," the king said.

Ashton looked at Amelia. "I love you so much; I will always cherish you."

"Oh, be quiet and kiss me," she said, making everyone laugh.

"Yes, love," he chuckled and did as asked.

Everyone cheered, but for the evil royal family.

Ashton then turned to the crowd. "We have a special treat for everyone tonight before the ball begins, but first I want to tell you a story." He looked at Amelia, who nodded.

"You see, my parents, asked for help from the Jardonian Kingdom, and in order for the King and Queen of Jardonia to find out if my parents really needed help, they sent their daughter Amelia in disguise to our Kingdom to spy on us."

Some people chuckled; others grumbled. Serena and her parents gasped in horror.

"I fell in love with Amelia the moment I laid eyes on her, and she changed me for the better. I was selfish and spoiled, but she made me see the error of my ways, and so I decided that I needed to be a better person and help my Kingdom. If you haven't noticed, there is new construction going on. I am building several apartments for the homeless." Everyone clapped at that one. "I also am making sure that no one in this Kingdom goes hungry again."

Again, everyone clapped. "But I have something else I would like to say. You see, I found out yesterday that my parents are not really my parents." Everyone gasped. "And the girl who wanted to be my bride is actually my cousin. Her parents are the supposed King and Queen of Argania. They adopted me as a baby because my mother, the true queen, died in childbirth, and my father, the king, died shortly after. My cousin, Serena, has been after me for years to marry her, and now I know why. She is an illegitimate child of my aunt, who I thought to be my mother all of these years."

"Lies! They are lies!" the queen cried.

"Ellis, if you would," Ashton nodded at him.

Ellis nodded, and suddenly, the wall was lit up with texts. "These are texts between the queen and my cousin. They plotted against me, and then tried to have Princess Amelia killed."

Everyone gasped in horror once again. The fake parents went deathly pale.

"But that is not all. Ellis, if you would play the tapes?"

He nodded and pushed a button, the sound of a confession reverberating through the ballroom. When it was over, several people were totally numb.

"So, you see, I had a crappy childhood, and up until a week ago, I had no hope of ever being happy, but then I met Amelia, and my life changed. She changed me. But enough about us. I am now king, and my first order as King is to have my fake parents and their daughter arrested, so gentlemen if you would," Ashton nodded his head, and suddenly the fake family was surrounded in several more armed men.

"No!" the queen cried as she was led out of the room in cuffs, her husband and their daughter following.

"Damn, we never did get to see their clothes disintegrate," Jacque muttered behind Amelia.

She laughed. "Yes, too bad, Jacque."

"Now that unpleasantness is over, please, enjoy the ball," the new king said.

Everyone clapped, then bowed or curtsied to the new King and Queen. Ashton pulled Amelia into his arms as the first dance began, played by an orchestra.

"Have I told you that I love you so very much?" Ashton said to his bride.

"Yes, and I love you just the same, my King."

"My Queen," he smiled and kissed her softly. "I am the happiest man alive, all because of you."

They heard a laugh then, and then a scream from outside. Jacque smiled at Amelia as he danced by her. "It started to rain. The cops are getting a show," he chuckled.

Ashton burst out laughing. "My cousins, I love them."

"Good because I am letting them stay here."

"I wouldn't have it any other way, love, but no practical jokes."

"I can't promise you a thing," she chuckled. "But, I promise you will not be the brunt of them."

"Good," he sighed with relief, then kissed his bride.

"My Queen, my forever," Ashton said.

"My forever, my King," Amelia whispered back as they danced into their new life.

The End

Please check out my other books on Wattpad and Amazon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171 4 8
Princess Amelia has been silent for ten years, ever since Amelia and Ava were kidnapped. One returned home the other did not. Amelia has always kept...
355 28 18
This is a new fairytale for me to write about. Just to let you know, it's not the little mermaid genderbend. You can read or add my story to your rea...
1.3M 68.4K 63
*Book 2 in the Soulmates Series* After Malekh's startling revelation about the deal he'd made with Ashton, Elizabeth's blossoming relationship seems...
112K 5K 23
*Sequel to Submitting To Him* Queen Danni and King Jacen have searched the country far and wide for their baby girl for years never giving up hope...