Chapter 4

It seemed not too much later, that Amelia felt someone jumping onto her bed.

"Come on, lazy bones," Becky giggled. "Up and at 'em."

"Ugh, leave me alone. I am on vacation," Amelia muttered into her pillow.

"So? We are going to have fun while we are here."

"Let me sleep, that is fun," Amelia muttered.

Becky laughed. "Seriously, Amy? I can't imagine you sleeping in at your place."

"I don't, but this is my vacation, leave me alone."

Becky giggled again. "Oh, boo hoo, come on lazy. We have things to do, hunky men to check out."

"Hunky men," Amelia said. "That prince is hot stuff."

"I know. Too bad he's my cousin."

Amelia grinned and got out of bed. "Yes, your cousin, not mine," Amelia laughed. "So, I can check him out, but breakfast first."

"Yes, your highness," Becky snickered.

"Shh," Amelia said.

"Oh, no one can hear us, especially in here," Becky said, throwing a pillow at Amelia.

"Oh, you asked for it now," Amelia said, throwing a pillow back at Becky, and soon the two of them were in the middle of a huge pillow fight.

A knock sounded on the door a few minutes later, and the girls stopped beating each other and began to giggle.

Becky hopped off the bed and went to answer the door, while Amelia went to the wardrobe to get a change of clothes.

Becky was back a moment later.

"The Queen and King request your presence," Becky said.

"Lovely," Amelia said. "I guess I had better dress nicely."

"That might be a good idea."

"I was going to go for the Ho look today, though," Amelia complained.

Becky laughed. "I can't even imagine you dressing like that."

"Me either," Amelia grinned, pulling out a skirt and blouse. She dressed, then went into the bathroom and did her hair and makeup, while Becky waited for her.

"It's about time," Becky said. "The King and Queen don't like to be kept waiting."

"Well, excuse me if I don't want to go present myself to them in my pajamas," Amelia stated, making Becky laugh.

"I know, but come on."

"Fine," Amelia said.

The girls left the room, and Becky led Amelia down the hall, down the stairs to another hall.

Two guards stood outside the door and opened it when the girls approached.

Becky and Amelia walked in to see the royal family sitting in chairs in a large room that was lavishly decorated.

"Your Highnesses," Amelia curtsied to them.

The prince was sitting by his father, a bored look on his face until Amelia walked in, but his face lit up for a moment, then he quickly hid the emotion, as if he didn't have permission to show it.

"Yes, child," the Queen said. "I heard from my son that you helped save my horse last night."

"Yes, your highness."

"That was kind of you to do that. So, what do you want?"

"Excuse me?"

"Well, I am assuming you want payment? I will pay you what I pay my stablemen since you did their job."