Princess In Disguise

By melisabigler

(Completed) Princess Amelia Cardston is put to a task by her parents. They want her to go to another kingdom... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 26

842 37 3
By melisabigler

A knock sounded on the door and Ellis answered it. "Hannah."

"Will you let the prince know that Serena needs to speak with him?"

"Yes, where is she?"

"In the garden gazebo," Hannah said, then left the room.

"I refuse to go and see that horrid woman," Ashton frowned.

"We need to make her think that you have some feelings for her though," Jacque said. "Maybe we could send Becky out there and tell her that you are trying to prepare yourself for tomorrow. That it is going to be a big day full of surprises."

Becky smirked. "I don't want to though."

"I will," Amelia said.

"No," Ashton said. "Amelia, I won't let you do that."

"Don't worry, I will make her think that you have no feelings for me."

"Are you sure, love?" he asked her.

"Positive," she smiled. She then stood up. "I am wearing my earrings, so if she says anything horrid, it is all on tape."

"Okay love, be safe."

"I will be. If I am not back in 15 minutes, come and look for me."

"I will have one of the guards follow you discreetly," Ashton said, pulling out his phone.

"Josh, Amy is headed to the garden to visit with Serena. I need you to follow Amy discreetly and make sure that if Serena pulls something that you are there to stop it."

"Yes sire," came the response.

Ashton then hung up. "Good luck," he whispered to his bride to be. He then kissed her.

"This is going to be fun," Amelia chuckled and left the room.

"Don't worry too much about her," the King said to Ashton. "She has taken self-defense classes since she was little."

"I just keep being surprised," Ashton chuckled.

Amelia walked outside, hiding a smile. She turned her ring around, so that Serena wouldn't see it, then walked into the gazebo. Serena was wearing the same dress that she had on earlier, at least Amelia figured it was the same.

"What do you want?" Serena snarled at her. "I am waiting for Ashton."

"He's not coming," Amelia said.

"How do you know?" Serena snarled. "It's not like you talk to him. He wouldn't stoop so low as to talk to you either."

"I was only told to give you a message," Amelia said.

"So, out with it girl," Serena hissed.

"I was told to tell you that Ashton is busy preparing himself for tomorrow. He has big surprises planned, and said something about a wedding?" Amelia said acting like she was suffering.

Serena's eyes grew round. "He really said that?" she said, a huge grin on her face.

"That is what I was told to tell you from one of his cousins," Amelia sighed.

"Wow, okay then. I had better go and get ready for tomorrow too," Serena said, "now get out of my way. Ashton needs to see me at my best."

"Yes, good luck with that," Amelia snickered as Serena walked away.

Amelia followed Serena at a discreet distance, wondering where she was going. Serena headed in the back door, ignoring the women in the kitchen. Amelia followed her and put her finger to her lips. The women chuckled and watched Amelia as she quietly followed Serena.

The Queen was waiting in the hallway for Serena, so Amelia ducked around a corner so she wouldn't be discovered. "Well, what did the prince have to say?" the Queen asked.

"I don't know, that stupid Amy girl came and told me that the prince had a message for me."

"Why would she deliver a message?" the Queen hissed.

"I don't know, but she told me that Ashton was preparing for tomorrow and that he was going to propose and possibly have a wedding."

The Queen grinned. "Finally. I knew that the boy had some sense in him. As soon as he proposes, we must have the wedding, although, he might be planning both tomorrow, that would be perfect."

"But mother," Serena whined. Amelia hid a gasp.

"Don't you dare call me that," the Queen hissed. "No one must know that I am really your mother, and not Ashton's. Don't you ever say a word."

"Of course," Serena muttered. "But hopefully Ashton will never find out he is proposing to his cousin."

He won't dear, but we need that throne since you aren't a true heir," the queen said, then walked away, her arm around Serena.

Amelia couldn't breathe. She was in such shock, that she sat on the floor in the hall, taking a deep breath.

Josh, seeing that Amelia was on the floor, squatted down by her. "Miss, are you okay?" He hadn't heard the conversation with the queen and Serena. He had only seen Amelia collapse to the floor.

"I don't know," she whispered. "I need to get back to my room."

"Of course," he said, and helped her to her feet. He tucked an arm about her waist and led her up the stairs. He then took her to Becky's room and opened the door. Everyone was still there visiting, but stopped when Josh led Amelia into the room.

"Amelia?" Ashton asked, seeing her deathly pale face.

"Get her some water," Ashton told Becky.

She nodded and hurried away.

"Love, what is wrong?" Ashton asked her, setting her down on the couch. Amelia looked at him and began to cry.

Amelia's parents looked at each other helplessly.

"Amelia, love, what did she do to you?" Ashton asked worry etched on his face. "Please, tell me."

"Oh, Ashton," she cried and threw her arms around him. "I found out something so horrible, I don't know if I can even repeat it."

Ashton looked at everyone. "Can we have a minute?"

They nodded and left the room. Becky handed her a cup of water. "We'll be in Jacque's room," she said, then walked out.

"Take a drink and tell me what happened," Ashton said to his love. She was so pale, and she was shaking.

Amelia took a deep breath, took a drink, then looked at Ashton. "You aren't going to like this, at all."

"Love, what is it? You have me worried," he said. "What did Serena do?"

"It's what your supposed mother did," Amelia said.

"What do you mean?"

"I followed Serena back inside after I gave her the message. She met with the queen in the hall, and their conversation, oh, Ashton," Amelia cried. She stood up and went to the dresser. She took off the bracelet and put it into the box. She then hit play.

Ashton listened as his mother and Serena visited and went deathly pale.

He stood up and walking to the wall, punched it, putting a hole in it. "The king and queen are not my real parents?" he asked, the pain great in his eyes.

"No, they aren't. Serena is their daughter. You are Serena's cousin."

"So, where are my parents? What happened to my real parents?" he roared.

He collapsed onto the sofa and started to cry.

Amelia knelt by him and pulled him into her arms. "I am so sorry, Ashton. I am so very sorry."

He nodded as Amelia wiped at his tears.

"I always wondered why my own parents hated me so much. Why they were so aloof towards me, and favored Serena, always pushing her to marry me. Now I know," he whispered, looking devastated.

"Ashton, I think we need to call your aunt and uncle. They must have an explanation."

"Yes," he whispered. "They have to know something, but why, after all of these years would they not say anything and let me suffer at the hands of these awful people," he whispered. "Am I even a prince?"

"Of course, you are," Amelia said. "I know you are, but we need an explanation."

"I will call them," Ashton said, his face determined. "Amelia, I am sorry you had to be the one to find out."

"I am sorry I had to tell you," she said, hugging him.

Ashton pulled out his cell phone, a determined look on his face.

"Aunt Celia, can you and Uncle Wayne come over? I need to visit with you about tomorrow."

"Thanks, bye."

"They will be here in a few minutes," he whispered.

"Is it safe to come in?" Drew asked, poking his head in the door.

"Yes," Ashton nodded. Everyone can come in."

"Do you want everyone to know?" Amelia asked.

"All of you are my family," he said sadly, "What I have left of it, so yes, I want everyone to hear this."

Drew nodded at everyone, and they all assembled back into the room, closing the door behind them.

"What is going on, Amelia? You both look devastated," the King said.

"We kind of are," Amelia whispered.

"Play them the tape," Ashton whispered.

Amelia nodded and hit play on the tape. Everyone listened and went pale, just as Amelia had.

The Queen began to cry and walking over to Ashton, she pulled him up and hugged him tightly. "I am so sorry, Ashton, but you have a family in us, you know that, right? You will be another son, and you are welcome to live with us if you want too."

"No, I must sort this out," he whispered. "I called my aunt and uncle. They must know something about this."

"Sorry, cousin," Jacque sighed. "I had no idea."

"Yeah, me either," Ellis spoke up. "Who knew after all these years."

"I wonder if you are even my cousins," Ashton said dryly.

"Of course, we are," Becky hugged him, "if not in blood, we still will be and those biatches are going down."

Everyone chuckled at her words, relieving some of the tension.

A knock sounded on the door and it opened. Celia and Wayne walked in. "Well, look at the welcoming party," Wayne chuckled. "Ellis, Jacque, Victor, nice to see you."

"Same to you," Jacque nodded.

"Aunt, uncle, I called you here on a serious matter," Ashton said.

"Oh dear, what is going on?"

"Play the tape, Amelia," Ashton said, and so she did, once again.

Celia gasped and would have collapsed if Wayne hadn't caught her.

"Explain," Ashton ground out. "Are you even my aunt and uncle?"

Celia began to cry. "Yes," she whispered.

"Why would you lie to me all of these years?" Ashton whispered.

"Your father, your real father is dead," Wayne choked out. "He died when you were a baby. Your mother died in childbirth. Your father, in his grief, took his life, so his brother, who you know as your father, is actually your uncle," Wayne whispered.

"We were sworn to secrecy because our lives were threatened otherwise. So, we have kept quiet all these years. I am so, so, sorry, Ashton," Celia cried. "We never meant to hurt you."

"So, am I the true prince then?"

"Yes."

"And Serena?"

"Is your cousin, but cannot take the throne on her own, that is why she needs you," Celia whispered.

Ashton looked like he was going to be sick.

"When your parents died, they had no choice but to raise you. As for Serena, your aunt had an affair and hid Serena from her husband. She was raised by other parents, as you now know, so Serena is your cousin, but not of royal blood, that is why the queen wants you to marry her."

"Wait a second. I thought you said my grandmother had an illegitimate child."

"Yes, that was me," Wayne sighed. "But apparently infidelity runs in the family, because Heidi, your supposed mother, cheated on her husband with a commoner, who raised Serena with his wife."

"So, did this man cheat on his wife with my aunt?"

"No, he wasn't married at the time," Wayne said. "He was young and stupid, and fell in love with your aunt, knowing she was married. She didn't care, and ended up sleeping with the man, and became pregnant, and since your aunt couldn't keep her daughter, she let her lover keep her."

"Does my supposed father know about this?"

"Oh yes, and she made it look like it was all your uncle's fault that she cheated on him."

"Wow, that is so messed up," Ashton whispered. "So, Serena is my half-cousin, born to my aunt, who has been pretending to be my mother."

"Pretty much," Celia sighed. "We were told to keep our mouths shut, and all these years, we have. I am sorry you had to find out this way."

"I am glad I did," Ashton said. "I was almost forced to marry my cousin, that is so wrong."

"We knew you would never marry her," Celia said. "We knew you had more sense than that."

"No wonder Heidi loved Serena so much," Jacque nodded. "Serena was her daughter and tried to force her onto you. That is so wrong."

"Wow, this is so insane," Ashton said. "I don't know what to do."

"We are going to expose them," Amelia said. "We already have the police coming, this will just be more evidence against them."

"Thank you, love," Ashton said, holding her to him. "At least you are who you say you are, now," he chuckled.

"Yes, my love," she kissed him softly. "Are you going to be okay? It's been a really taxing day, and very revealing. I am sorry I had to put you through it this morning, and then this."

"I am glad you told me about who you are," Ashton smiled at her.

"Wait, who is she?" Celia asked.

"Celia, Wayne, this is princess Amelia Cardston, and those are her parents, the King and Queen of Jardonia, and Amelia's brother, Drew."

The couple stood and bowed to the family. "I am sorry, we didn't know," Celia whispered.

"No one knew, except Becky," Ashton chuckled. "But at least that was some good news, and knowing that my aunt Heidi and uncle Gerard are frauds, and shouldn't even be on the throne, they can't force me to marry anyone, but I am going to marry Amelia, tomorrow," he said, watching his beloved, "and Celia and Wayne, you are invited."

"Oh my," Celia cried. "How exciting. After all this awful news, there is some silver lining in that dark cloud."

"Yes, there is, and her name is Amelia," Ashton said, kissing his fiancée.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81 23 11
(Updates every Saturday at 12:00 CST!) "If sticks and stones can break bones, what about that secret you're hiding? More like secrets and stones can...
1.6K 143 33
Everyone believes Ivy's parents-the king and queen-were killed in a tragic carriage accident and that she went missing, never to be seen again. But s...
104 18 8
King Uther of Forland is old and failing. His grandson and heir, Prince Richard, lives the good life: anything that gives him an adrenaline rush. He...
Identical halfSisters By GM

Mystery / Thriller

71 6 14
Two identical halfsisters spend their whole childhood believing that they are twins. As teens, they promise each other that they will be taken by one...