Cross My Heart and Hope to Sp...

By lala2506

Dear Whomever it may apply to, I'm pleased to inform you that you've been accepted into The Trinity Academy... More

Introducing Alexis
The Academy
Capture the Flag Part 2
Insidiae
The X Team
Waking Up at Midnight
There are worse things I can do
Girls Night Out
Hot & Dangerous
Tightrope
Battle Royale
The Things I Know Now
Fire & Ice
Cabin Fever
Code Red
A Lesson in Seduction
Fireside Chats
Would You Like to Tango?
Everyone is a Suspect
In Case of Invasion: Break Glass
Dress Warfare
Close Encounters
Mission Impossible
Into the Darkness
Secret Identities
Unmasked
On the Ledge
Mission Accomplished

Capture the Flag Part 1

435 17 2
By lala2506

A/N Thanks for reading, don't forget to comment/vote!

To the side is a picture of Seth >>>>

****

When we were little Veronica and I used to play cowboys and indians. I always insisted on being the cowboy, because I loved wearing the hat. I guess you can say that's where the competitiveness between us started. As messed up as it sounds, my favorite thing in the world was holding my plastic gun  to Veronica's head and demanding her to surrendor. Now here I was, dressed in a black v-neck and tight black leggings being handed a mock-hand gun that shot out bullet simulators, and it felt just like old times. "Team leaders please head over to the front of the auditorium to be debriefed." Dean Figaro said monotonously from her spot at the podium. 

"The last time we did this was Sophomore year." Seth swooped besides me, his warm breath blowing down my neck. He grabbed one of the mock-guns and pretended to shoot it at me as he muttered, "Pow. Pow. Pow."

"Very mature." I said, trying not to smile. I grabbed a headset from the supply table, which acted much like a headband. 

"What are you so cranky about?" He raised a single-eye brow at me. I hate his stupid face. That stupid adorable face that makes it impossible to be mad at him. "Afraid I'm going to kick your ass again?" He teased, nudging me with his elbow playfully. I pursed my lips at him, adjusting my ear piece as I stared at him blankly. "Is this about the mission?" He asked. "I know you were perfectly calpable of handling Perez but I couldn't stand by and watch." He began to defend himself. "I'm sorry if you think I was trying to show off or something like that. I know how much you hate it when guys treat girls like damsels in distress." He rambled on nervously. "But that asshole deserved it." He said the last part quietly, his hand reaching for mine tenatively. 

I pulled away from him. "It's not about the mission."

Seth let out a sigh of relief. "So...what's this about then?"

"It's about the fact that your still dating my sister." The words rolled off my tounge sharply. Seth's eyes darted back and forth, checking to see if anyone who mattered was around to hear. 

"I told you, Lex, I have to ease into these sort of things. I'm not good at breaking up with people. Especially a girl who can throw a knife at my head with perfect aim." He reached for my hands again, and this time I let him take them. "You're the one that I want." 

"It sure doesn't feel like it when I see you sucking on Veronica's face." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "How much longer are we going to do this? Veronica will find out, she always does, and then what? Then I'll turn into the evil twin sister."

"I'll break up with her." He said short and simply.

"It's just that you and I-wait what? Did you just say what I think you just said?" 

"I'll break up with her." He repeated, causing my lips to widen into a smile. "I'll do it the second a moment presents itself to me." He promised.

"I really want to kiss you right now." I admitted, biting my lip as I stared at his. 

"Sister alert." My other roomate, Mackenzie warned as she walked past. I pulled away from Seth, and he turned in the opposite direction. 

"Just like old times, huh?" Veronica asked as she stepped into place besides me. "You were always good with a gun." She pursed her lips, tossing the mock-hang gun between her fingers. She pressed the barrel to the side of my face. "But you could never pull the trigger..." She sighed, pulling the tip of the gun off of my skin. "Try not to choke during the game." She patted me on the back, brushing past me. 

Mackenize's blonde curls bounced as she waved her hands in the air gesturing towards the seat she had saved. "What did the evil twin want?" She asked as I sat down besides her. Her overwhelming fruity perfume filled my nostril. 

"The usual." I shrugged. "World domination, Seth, and to basically destroy my life."

"This is why I'm glad I'm an only child." She smiled, admiring herself in her compact mirror as she reapplied her hot pink lip gloss. 

"But your not an only child," I corrected her. "you have an older sister."

"She's ten years older than me." She explained, closing her compact mirror and shoving it into her bra. "I might as well be an only child, since she's living on her own married and all that."

"You have no idea how lucky you are."

"The game will officially begin when the alarm sounds." Dean Figaro said over the microphone, interuppting our conversation. "The guns in your hands have simulation bullets, meaning they act and feel like real ones."

"Sophmore year I 'accidently' shot Rooney in the balls with one." Mackenize whispered to me. "He was in the infirmary for a week." 

"Your senior leaders are passing out wristbands. You will not be permitted to take these off any time during the game. The wristbands will let us know if you have been shot, therefore eliminating you from the game. If you try to disarm your wristband you will be disqualified." I slid the thin metal band onto my wrist, passing the rest of them to Mackenzie. "Hostages will be permitted during this game," A group of boys cheered loudly. "but there will be no torturing or misconduct with them." The same group of boys started to complain.

"Now where's the fun in that?" Mackenize muttered under her breath.

"If you are shot during the game please head back to the auditorium until the alarm sounds, signaling the end of the game. You must have both your opponents flag and your own flag in order to win. The two flags have to be brought back to your home base in order to be validated. Due to what happened last year, flame throwers will no longer be permitted." 

"Classic." Mac chuckled.

"Good luck and may the best team win." Dean Figaro finished and stepped away from the podium.

"Why is it that everytime Dean Figaro speaks I want to gouge my eyeballs?" Mackenize asked, starting to stand up from her seat. With the boy team completely filed out of the auditorium, one of the senior girls took the podium. Mackenzie rolled her eyes and sat back down. "All I want to do is shoot some boys, what is there to discuss?" Usually with night activites like Capture the Flag positions are determined by grade and what covert operation division your are being trained for. People like Mackenzie and I, are always on offense because of our training in the field. 

"Becase of the high stakes for this game we've decided to switch things up this year." The senior captain announced. She had black lines painted across her cheeks, and her lips were stained with black lipstick. 

"I hate people that take things like this way too seriously." Mackenzie commented. 

"Like usual your position will be determined by whatever you are training for, and our homebase will remain in the Girl's Lockeroom."

"Personally I think it should be in the boy's lockerroom, just to really mess with them."  Mac snickered.

"However," Our captain paused for effect. "to make things more interesting we will be assigning hit lists to every one of you. You are to take out whoever is on your hit list, or die trying."

"What if your in communications?" A small girl in the front asked.

"If your in communications or surveillance your job will be to keep track of the location of the boys on the hit lists." The captain explained. "Seniors will be in charge or retrieving the flag." She said that part loudly.  "Go get em, girls." She raised her fist in the air triumphantly.

Simulatenously all our phones buzzed. I whipped mine out, and saw that I recieved a video message from an unknown number. Looking around, I realized that all the girls had recieved the same thing. I pressed play. "This message is going out to all of the lovely ladies out there." A senior leader, whose name slipped my mine, appeared on my screen. He was standing in the pool area, and in the background you could see freshmen diving into the water in full scuba gear. "We know about your little hit-list idea." He smirked, turning the camera towards the swimming pool. A collective gasp spread through the crowd when we saw them lowering their blue flag into the water. "So to make things easier for you we decided to reveal the location of our flag. Dont worry, it won't float. We glued on weights to make sure it stays extra safe." He said with a wink. "Good luck swimming the 14 feet to the bottom without any scuba gear, because you guessed it, we stole all of it." He grinned. 

"What a bunch of dick wads." Mackenzie shook her head.

"As for the hit lists you created, we made our own. Since we're not a bunch of pussies we'll reveal that to you as well." Our screens lit up with a list of ten names. Both Veronica and I were listed on it. I clenched my teeth together. "However you choose to use this information is up to you, but let me make one thing clear...you're going down." My screen went black.

"Well shit." Mackenzie puffed out her cheeks angrily. "There goes the free trip into town."

"We're totally screwed!" Someone shouted.

"We're never going to get that flag!" Another girl joined in.

"Ladies! Ladies! Calm down!" Our senior captain shouted over the microphone, causing it to shriek loudly. We all covered our ears in pain. "We are not going to let the boys scare us. If they want to play rough, then we'll play rough. Like them we will reveal the location of our flag, to even the playing field."

"But where are we going to put it?" Someone yelled.

"The rules state that in order to win both flags must be brought back to your homebase. The rules never stated that your flag must be in the homebase." She said slowly. "Therefore, our flag will be attached to one of you, and that person is Alexis Mankoff."

All eyes focused on me. "I don't think that's a good idea." Veronica stood up from her seat. "The second the boys figure out she has the flag she'll be dead."

"Which is exactly why you're going to be with her the entire game." The Senior captain added. Veronica's mouth dropped open. "You're identical twins. The boys won't be able to tell who's who."

"This is too good to be true." Mac laughed. "I can't wait to tell Stella all about this."

"I think that settles it." The Senior captain decided. "Places, everyone!" 

"You have got to be kidding me." Veronica muttered, heading over towards me with a fire in her eyes.

"I know I say this alot, but I think your sister might actually kill you." Mac laughed, patting me on the back as she dispersed from the auditorium with the others. 

"You better not ruin this for us." Veronica shoved our pink flag into my arms. She gave me a good look over, her eyes narrowing distastefully. "If we want to look identical then you better wipe those bags under your eyes."

"What's the matter Vicky?" I smiled fakely at her, using her old childhood nickname that she hates. "Are you upset that you finally have to share the spotlight with me?' 

"You know I hate it when you call me that." She snapped, pulling her hair out of a pony tail so that it matched mine. 

"Why don't you like it Vicky? Huh, Vicky? What's wrong with it, Vicky?" I repeated over and over, circling around her as she scrutinized me. 

"You might think this is a game, but it means a lot more to me." She stabbed her finger into my chest. "I've been working my ass off for the past three years, and I'm not going to let you ruin it for me." With that, she loaded her mock-gun. "We better get into position." She huffed out an angry breath of air, turning her back to me.

"Are you really that conceited?" I asked in astonishment. Veronica whipped her head back around. "Do you think my entire life revolves around you?" I forced a laugh. "Are you really that into yourself?" 

"How else would you explain your obsession over everything I do?" She shouted. "It's obvious that you try to beat me in everything, and don't think I haven't noticed you eyeing my boyfriend!" She said, waving the gun in the air. 

"You are seriously the most ignorant person I've ever met. I can't believe how-" I was cut off when both our phones vibrated. Our screens lit up with identical hit lists. Seth and his other roomate Clyde were on it. Seconds later, a siren sounded throughout the building. I turned on my headset and loaded my gun. Our sister drama would have to wait, the game had officially begun. I tucked our flag into my backpack that I hoisted onto my shoulders, and followed Veronica out of the auditorium. 

"This conversation isn't over." She muttered, as we walked out into the dead silent corridor.

It was eerie to be in the main corridors this late at night. The crystal chandeliers had all been turned off, so we had to rely on the moonlight seeping in from the stained glass windows for light. My gym shoes clicked against the marble floor. Our shadows were casted onto the walls behind us as we made our way into the main entrance. "We're picking up a group of boys heading towards the dining commons." My headset whispered into my ear. "We have the reason to believe that there is also a group strolling towards the main gym."

"We should split up." I suggested. "We could cover more ground that way."

"Are you kidding?' Veronica rolled her eyes. "The whole point is that we stay together."

"Mankoff's you've got trouble heading towards you." The voice in our headsets warned us. "You two better get the hell out of there."

A bullet whizzed through the air. I could feel it brush through my hair as it barely missed my neck. Veronica gripped me by the hand and pulled me onto the ground besides her. "Get to the science lab." Veronica told me, pulling out her gun and firing two shots in the direction of our attackers.

A smog bomb was thrown at us, creating a mist of fog and inabling me to see anything. Veronica was no longer standing besides me. I'd have to get to the lab alone. I held my gun at my side, waiting for the smoke to clear. Bullets zoomed past me, but missed each time. "Put down your weapon and surrendor." A familiar voice shouted as the smoke started to dissipate. 

"Ben?' I called out, stifling a laugh. "Who put you on field work?" 

Ben stepped out in front of me. He looked ridiculous in his night-vision goggles and his gun trembled in his hands. "Trust me, I'm just as confused as you are." Standing behind him were about three others, all who looked like underclassmen. 

"You really didn't think this through." I laughed, unable to hide my smile from breaking through.

"What are you talking about? We have you surronded. Now give us the flag." He held out his hand which was clothed in a black glove. 

"Remind me to apologize for this later." I said, kicking him square in the jaw. Ben flew on his back and fired his gun at me. I rolled over onto the ground as it flew over my head. Then I fired my own gun, hitting him directly in the chest. 

"JESUS CHRIST." He gasped in pain, lying motionless on the ground as the effects of the bullet slowly wore off. 

"Sorry!" I laughed, as two boys came running for me. I hit the one on my right with my elbow, and swung out my leg to trip the other. Before the one on my right could react, I flipped him into the air and slammed him onto the ground. I pressed my foot into the left one's neck, and fired two bullets into their chests. The last boy standing looked at me nervously.

He dropped his gun onto the ground and help up his hands into the air. Without another word, he took off running in the opposite direction. I chuckled to myself and picked up his gun. I tucked it into my leggings for safekeeping. "Better luck next time." I shrugged at Ben. I bent over and ripped the night-vision goggles off his face. 

"You already killed me, why do you have to rob me too?" He pouted his lips, clasping his abdomen in pain. 

"Trust me, you look better without them." I said, pulling the goggles on over my head as I headed towards the science lab. "Sorry for shooting you!" I shouted over my shoulder as I ran off.

The science wing was unusually quiet, even for the middle of the night. I took tenative steps towards the lab, using my goggles to see through the dark. "Alexis we've lost connection with your sister." The voice in my headset informed me. 

I pressed the button on the outer edge of the headset which allowed me to relay information back to communications. "Is she dead?" I asked almost hopefully.

 "She's still in the game, but we're not picking up any signals from her."

"What does the thermo-detector have to say about the science lab?" I pressed my back against the wall, keeping my voice at a whisper. 

"There's definetly someone in there." They replied back. "Proceed with caution."

I took a deep breath. As much as I hated her at times, she's still my sister. And no matter what, you never leave a man behind. I reloaded my guns and held them in both my hands. With a powerful kick I pushed open the door to the science lab. "Don't shoot!" Veronica shouted. I was hit on the back of the head with what felt like a metal bat. I fell face forward, dropping both my guns onto the ground besides me. My goggles were ripped off my face as the lights slowly flickered on. I wiped a trickle of blood that dripped from nose while I took in my surrondings. Seth's gun was pressed to Veronica's head. Besides him was Rooney holding a metal bat, and hovering above me was Clyde. 

"Looks like the gang's all here." I greeted them with a smile. 

"Give us the flag." Seth demanded as Veronica struggled in his grip. 

"How do you know I have it?" I raised an eyebrow at him.  

"We know you have it, Alexis." Rooney rolled his eyes at me. He tossed the metal bat in between his hands intimidatingly. 

"What makes you think I'm Alexis?" I smirked, pulling myself to my feet. 

"I think I know my own girlfriend." Seth chuckled, hesitating for a second as he looked over Veronica.

"Do you, though?" Veronica joined in. 

"Stop trying to confuse me." Seth demanded.

"This must be really frustrating for you." I teased. "I mean, if you can't even tell your own girlfriend apart from her sister how will you ever get the flag?"

"We could always force it out of you." Clyde suggested, stepping besides me.

"Come on, Seth." Veronica encouraged him. "Can't you tell us apart?" She fluttered her eyelashes at him.

"Take a guess." I encouraged him. 

Seth bit his lip nervously, looking back and forth between us. "Enough playing around, one of you has the flag." He said, placing his finger on the trigger. 

"Okay, okay." I held up my hands innocently in the air. "You got me."

Seth smiled and pulled away from Veronica. Holding out his gun he pointed it at me. "Give us the flag."

"I'm over here, sweetie." Veronica chimed in. Seth whipped his head around towards her. 

"She's lying." I added. "I'm the one who has the flag."

"I will shoot the both of you if I have to!" He shouted in frustration.

"Should we tell?" I asked Veronica.

"No way." She smirked. "I'm having way to much fun with this."

"That's enough!" Seth yelled. He fired two warning shots in the air. Veronica locked eyes with me. She titled her head towards the fire alarm. I nodded at her. 

"For the record," She started, slowly backing up towards the fire alarm. "I'm Veronica, you asshole." She pulled the lever, causing water to sprinkle down from the ceiling.

I swung my fist at Clyde. He caught it and twisted my wrist backwards, shoving me backwards into a desk. I pressed against the desk for support and kicked out both my legs. Clyde slid on a puddle of water causing his gun to fall out of his pocket. Veronica jumped on top of Seth, wrapping her legs around his torso she squeezed his neck with her hands. Seth banged her against the wall, loosening her grip as she attempted to suffocate him. Clyde and I both reached for his gun at the same time. He grabbed my ankle and yanked me onto the ground besides him. I straddled my legs around him, stretching out my hand for the gun. Clyde banged his head into mine and I rolled off of him. He climbed to his feet, grabbing on a desk for support as the sprinkler system continued to rain down water on us. Seth was holding Veronica in a headlock. She twisted around her body and summersaulted forward. Seth ran at her, she slid underneath his legs and did a front walk over back towards him. She hit him in the gut then again in the jaw. Seth picked her up and slammed her against a desk. Clyde pointed his gun at me. I grabbed it with both my hands, and swung him onto the ground with all my strenght. I pressed my finger to the trigger, but it was out of bullets. "You have go to be kidding me." I muttered, slamming down the barrel of the gun against Clyde's head. Seth had his hands wrapped around Veronica's neck. He had her pinned against the desk as she kicked out her legs wildly. Rooney's metal bat hit my cheek with a defeaning "clink." I collapsed over, seeing stars as I tried to regain my focus. He swung the bat again, this time hitting me in the ribs. I choked out blood, no longer able to pick myself up off the ground.

"Game over." He chuckled, holding the gun to my head. 

"Get away from my sister!" Veronica yelled, coming out of nowhere and tackling him to the ground. I struggled to lift my head, and saw that Veronica had knocked Seth out cold with a fire extinguisher. Rooney fired a shot into the air. I heard Veronica gasp in pain, but that didn't stop her from swinging the metal bat at Rooney's face until he was passed out. 

"You-you took a bullet for me." I stuttered in disbelief as she walked over towards me. She clasped her abdomen in pain, the mock-bullet sending electric shockwaves through her body. She grunted uneasily, holding out her arm to help me to my feet. "Thank you." I breathed, helping support her when her feet gave out. 

"Of course I'd take a bullet for you, you big idiot." She rolled her eyes. Veronica's wristband glowed bright red. She was dead. "Go win this for us." 

I set her gently onto the ground. The sprinkles continued to rain down onto us. "I don't know what to say." I admitted.

"It's a fake bullet, Lex. I'll be fine."

"This game means everything to you." I pointed out.

"Then you better not get shot." She smiled. "Go on," She encouraged me. "it won't be long before these big dummies wake up." I stood up and wiped the makeup that dripped down my face. "I really hope we don't look identical right now, because you look like shit." 

I picked my guns off the floor. "Alexis are you still there? Alexis?" The voice in my headset called out. 

"I'm here." I replied back. 

"We need you in the main gym as soon as possible."

"I'll be there." I took a deep breath and headed towards the door. I placed my night vision goggles on over my head and wiped the blood on my lip. Without looking back, I reloaded my gun. 

Afterall, the game must go on. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
9.5K 1.2K 36
a collection of teenage thoughts, depressive moments, and anger. relatable no matter what aspect of your life you're in. <3 original content. all rig...
571K 51.1K 34
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
26.5K 2K 9
[ "Yours, Raven" Book Two ] - At sixteen, Gaius Ronglo, the heartthrob of St. Peter's High School seemed to have it all. From acing his grades to bei...