Princess In Disguise

By melisabigler

(Completed) Princess Amelia Cardston is put to a task by her parents. They want her to go to another kingdom... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 22

849 39 0
By melisabigler

The two of them ate their breakfast, then Ashton took Amelia's hand and led her back to the kitchen.
"So, where did you lovebirds meet?" Celia asked as Ashton put his arm around Amelia's waist.

"Believe it or not, we met just a few days ago," Ashton chuckled. "Amy came to stay with my cousin Becky, and well, I think it was love at first sight, at least it was for me," Ashton admitted. "Amy has been the best thing to ever happen to me, and I have changed for the better because of her."

"I see that you donated food to the homeless and hungry," Celia said.

"Yes, and I am starting to build several apartments for the homeless," Ashton smiled.

Amelia looked at Ashton in shock. "You are really doing that?"

He smiled. "Yes, for my people. I am tired of them going hungry and not having a place to stay, and thanks to my mother, I am using her money. She's not going to be happy to see that I am, but I really do not care. I have had enough of her reckless spending, and instead, I am using it for some good."

Amelia looked shocked. "Really?"

"Really. I went to my father last night and had a heart to heart with him. I didn't mention your and mine's relationship, because I don't want to open that can of worms, but I told him that I was going to help the people and he couldn't stop me, and then I informed him that I was using the money that should be mine, and he could not stop me."

Celia and Wayne both laughed. "Well, I'll be," Wayne said. "Good for you, boy. Someone has needed to put a rein on that woman for years. What did your father say to that?"

"He told me to do what I wanted, but my mother's wrath would be great. I really don't care, because, in two days, I won't be there anymore," he said, kissing Amelia on the cheek.

"Well, at least you are turning out to be a good young man," Celia said. "I was worried about you for a long time."

"I know," Ashton said, "but I met Amy, and things changed. I want to be that person that she looks up to. I want her to be proud of me."

"I am sure she is, dear," Celia smiled.

"I am," Amy said, smiling at Ashton. She then looked at the couple. They looked worn out.

"Are you two the only ones who work here?" Amelia asked.

"In the kitchen, yes," Celia nodded. "We have staff that serves the front. I bake and wash dishes, and Wayne cooks and washes dishes."

"I see," Amelia said, looking at the stack of dishes in the sink. She walked over to the sink and put on some gloves.

"Now, what do you think you are doing, young lady?" Celia asked her.

"Giving you a break. Go and sit for a few, visit with your nephew, and let me do this."

"You are going to ruin that beautiful outfit of yours," Celia frowned.

"Oh well, it is just clothes."

Celia laughed and grabbed an apron off a hook. "At least wear this."

"Thank you, Aunt Celia."

She cackled. "You are welcome, niece."

Amelia raised an eyebrow at her, but she just winked.

Ashton looked at Amelia as she started to wash the dishes. She just kept on amazing him.

"You love her, don't you," Celia said, watching her nephew.

"Yes," he whispered, "and I think I am going to propose to her the day of the Ball. That should shock my parents."

Celia chuckled. "Yes, that it will, but you are happy, and that is all that matters."

"Yes, it is," Ashton said, then grabbing an apron, he put it on, and rolling up his sleeves, he walked over to Amelia. "I will help you," he said.

Amelia looked at him in shock. "You, a prince, getting his hands dirty, it's unheard of."

Ashton's aunt and uncle chuckled.

"I like her, Ashton," Wayne grinned.

"As do I, uncle," Ashton smiled. "Now, give me that pan so I can rinse it."

"Yes, sire," Amelia smirked and handed it over.

Ashton's aunt and uncle hovered over the two of them, while they did the dishes, and visited at the same time.

Amelia decided she loved Ashton's aunt and uncle. They were so down to earth and wonderful people. When she was done, she wiped her hands dry and took off the apron.

"You are a doll," Celia said, hugging Amelia to her. "You can come and visit anytime you want, and if you need a place to stay, our home is always open."

"Thank you, Celia, and you are welcome."

Amelia then looked at Ashton. "If Ashton is okay with it, we would like to invite you to the Ball on Saturday."

Wayne's eyes widened. "Oh, well, then. I don't know. I don't think I own a decent suit."

"Don't worry about it," Ashton said, pulling a wad of money from his wallet. "Go and buy you and Aunt Celia something fancy, and we will see you there. I will make sure you are on the guest list."

"Oh, my dear boy," Celia cried. "You are so wonderful, and so is your girl." She hugged them both, and Amelia wiped at a tear.

"Now, shoo, both of you. I am sure you have better things to do than to hang out here."

"We will see you Saturday," Ashton said, hugging both his aunt and uncle, then clasping Amelia's hand in his, they walked out the door.

"Thank you," Ashton said, kissing Amelia as he tucked her into the car.

"For what?" she asked.

"For making me a better person, and for helping my aunt and uncle."

He then got into the car and smiled at her. "You made my aunt and uncle's day. Not only did you do their dishes, but you invited them to the Ball. My parents will have a conniption, but I don't care," Ashton grinned. "I want them there."

"I'm glad," Amelia smiled at him.

"I want to take you somewhere else," Ashton said then, and putting the car in gear, he pulled out to the street. He drove past the city limits and turned down a dirt road.

"You are going to ruin your baby," Amelia gasped.

Ashton laughed. "This car can handle this road. Don't worry; the road isn't long," he said.

Sure enough, he pulled to a stop a few moments later.

Amelia gasped. Ashton had pulled up to an incredible scene. In front of them was a large pond, surrounded in wildflowers and in the background, the mountains.

"Come on," Ashton said, pulling Amelia from the car. He then pulled a blanket from the trunk of the car and laid it in the grass. Then sitting down, he pulled her to sit with him.

"I come out here when I need to think."

"It's so beautiful," Amelia said.

"I know," he smiled at her. "I wanted to share a part of me with you."

"Thank you, Ashton."

"No, thank you for spending the day with me. You complete me, you know that?"

Amelia blushed. "You complete me also," she whispered.

"I have an idea."

"What?"

"We should run away today. To hell with the Ball. I'm happy where I am," he chuckled.

Amelia smiled. "It's in two days, besides, let's not disappoint your aunt and uncle."

"No, I don't want to do that, and I want to see the look on Serena's face when I turn her down."

He looked at Amelia. " But I still don't want to meet the princess."

"I know, but for me, you will. Then after you meet her, you can decide what you want to do, okay?"

"Why are you so adamant in me meeting her?"

"You'll see," was all Amelia said, a smile on her face. "Now, let's not talk about those things. I want to know what it was like growing up here in this beautiful country."

Ashton smiled, and laying down, he pulled Amelia by his side and started to talk.

She then talked about growing up and how she was a rebellious one.

"I can't even see that," Ashton teased her, rolling onto his side and kissing her softly.

"No, I was so innocent," she smiled at him.

"Sure, you were," he chuckled, then pulled her onto him, making her squeal. She leaned down and kissed him, and it was several minutes when she pulled away.

"We had better stop," she whispered, getting off him. "Or we might do something we probably won't regret."

Ashton chuckled and stood up, pulling Amelia up with him. "You are right. But mark my words, young lady, soon, you will be mine, in body and soul," he said, pulling her to him, and laying a searing kiss on her lips.

"I will hold you to that," Amelia breathed out.

Amelia's phone rang then.

"Hi, mom."

"Hello, dear, just a heads up. Your father doesn't want to wait until Saturday to come. So we will be there tomorrow instead."

"Okay, then. Why the change of heart?"

"We miss our girl," she laughed, "and we need to know how things are going. Did you get the things you needed from that officer?"

"I did," Amelia grinned as Ashton tucked her into the car.

"Good, perfect, actually. Are you okay with us coming tomorrow?"

"Yes, of course, mother."

"Good. I can't wait to meet this handsome prince of yours."

"He is that," Amelia grinned. "I will see you tomorrow."

Amelia hung up.

"Your parents are coming tomorrow?"

"Yes," Amelia said, "and they are coming to the Ball."

"Oh? How did they get invited?"
"Because of us being cousins to Becky."

"Of course," Ashton smiled. "I can't wait to meet them."

Ashton's phone rang then and sighing, he answered.

"Yes, mother?"

"Just to let you know, the Queen and King of Jardonia will be here tomorrow. You will meet their daughter, and then you will decide who you are going to marry, then you will announce that on Saturday, do you understand me, Ashton?"

"Yes, mother," he said, his jaw tight. "I will give you my decision."

"Good boy. Where are you anyway?"

"I needed to get away; I will be home later."

"Okay, just to let you know, Serena is waiting here to go shopping with you."

"I am not going shopping with her, mother."

"Fine, I will go. She needs some help picking out her wedding night lingerie."

"Mother," Ashton growled.

"Goodbye, son," she said and hung up.

"Sorry," Amelia said, squeezing his hand.

"Yes, me too," he sighed. "What a mess. The royal family from Jardonia will be here tomorrow. I guess then I can get that out of the way, meeting the princess."

"Yes, that you can," Amelia nodded.

"I can't believe my mother is helping Serena pick out wedding lingerie."

"I know, that desperate woman," Amelia chuckled.

"Speaking of lingerie, would you like to go shopping for some?" Ashton grinned at Amelia.

She blushed bright red. "I'll pass, thanks though."

He chuckled. "Fine, but Miss Henley, one day, you will willingly go shopping with me, and I will make you model it for me."

"So, you say, sire," Amelia smirked.

Ashton kissed Amelia softly. "Is there somewhere else you would like to go?"

"Anywhere with you is good," she smiled at him.

"How about a little out of the city tour?" he asked, then putting his car in gear, he drove down the road and out to the main highway, then left the city behind.

Amelia had an incredible day with Ashton. The two of them got to know each other better, and when they pulled into the garage late that evening, both of them were grinning ear to ear.

Ashton kissed Amelia softly before getting out of the car. "I will see you tomorrow."

"Okay, love."

"Do you want to meet the princess with me tomorrow?" he asked her.

She smiled. "No, you go ahead, and we can talk after."

"You are feeding me to the wolves," he teased her.

"Not at all, love," she smiled and kissed him. "Meet me tomorrow in Becky's room after you meet with the royal family, okay?"

He smiled. "Of course, love," he then helped her from the car, and they walked into the palace, separating at the door so as not to get caught.

Amelia walked into Becky's room only to be confronted with all of the cousins.

"How was your day?" Becky smirked.

"Lovely, how was yours?" Amelia asked, a grin on her face.

"Just wonderful," Ellis chuckled. "The Queen and the Ho went shopping all day, so we raided the HO's room."

"And what did you find?"

"Oh, some interesting things," Ellis said, nodding at Jacque, who stepped forward with a phone.

"She left her phone behind, so we snagged it," Jacque frowned, "and you would not believe what it says."

Amelia took the phone and opened it and paled as she read the messages sent between her and of all people, the queen.

"I didn't know the Queen had a phone," Amelia whispered.

"I know, we were rather surprised too," Jacque said. "What do you think?"

"I think that they have it out for all of us. Did you read this one?" she asked, pointing at the phone. "You do what it takes to secure your position with Ashton. He has to marry you, and if he doesn't, there will be grave consequences."

"Yes, but that was a few days ago. Read down further," Jacque said.

Amelia skipped down through the messages and found what Jacque was talking about.

"I don't want Ashton to marry the princess of Jardonia," Serena had said.

"Don't worry about her. The prince won't marry her. He doesn't even know who she is; besides, she is probably an ugly thing. You will wed Ashton; I will make sure of it."

"Wow, both of them are insane," Amelia whispered. She looked at Becky. "Becky, I think we need to call Officer Brewen."

"Oh?" she asked.

"Yes, I want to give him this phone, and I have more evidence I have against that woman."

"Do you think that the cops can arrest the Queen and Serena?" Ellis chuckled. "Good luck with that."

"I don't need luck. They are not above the law, even if they think they are."

Another message popped up onto the screen then. "Make sure you never say a word about the accident," the queen said. "It has to look like an accident. Too bad that insolent girl didn't die, but we will deal with her after the Ball if she doesn't leave."

Amelia went deathly pale and handed the phone to Jacque. He read the message and swore.

"Damn, that is bad." He then showed the message to the others.

"I can't believe this," Becky whispered. "How could the Queen send someone to hurt her own son and an innocent girl."

"She is truly sick," Ellis muttered. "I think we need to let the prince know about this."

"Yes, and call officer Brewen, let him know that you need to visit with him about those men that assaulted us. Then no one will know why he is really here," Amelia told Becky.

Becky nodded and taking Amelia's phone; she dialed the officer.

Jacque pulled out his phone and dialed his cousin at the same time.

"Ashton, we need to talk."

"Okay, where are you?"

"In Becky's room."

"I'll be right there," he said.

Serena had just barged into his room moments earlier wearing some skimpy lingerie. "I wanted to model it for you before our wedding night," she grinned, and then his phone rang.

"We need to talk," Jacque said.

"I will be right there," Ashton promised. He hung up and looked at Serena. "Go put some clothes on and stay out of my room."

"But," she protested.

"Last warning, Serena. This room is for me only, and my bride."

"Oh, you want to wait," she said, "of course." She then headed from the room.

Ashton sighed and headed to Becky's room. When he walked in, everyone was in there, and their faces were grave.

"What is going on?" he asked, looking at Amelia, who was extremely pale.

"We got hold of Serena's phone. You might want to read what she and your mother have been talking about," Jacque said, handing the phone to him.

"My mother has a cell phone?" Ashton asked in surprise.

"Yes, apparently," Jacque said.

Ashton scrolled through the messages and frowned, but when he got to the last one, even he gasped. "I can't believe my own mother would do that."

"We know," Ellis frowned. "So, we called the officer here that helped Becky and Amy a few days ago. We are going to turn the evidence over to him."

Ashton sat on the bed. "My own mother, trying to kill the only girl I have ever liked."

A knock sounded on the door then. Jacque opened it, and the maid said, "Officer Brewen is here," she said.

"Send him in," Jacque replied.

The woman nodded and hurried away. Moments later, the officer walked in the door. His smile dropped when he saw the serious faces.

"Amy, Becky, what is going on?" he asked. "Did you get evidence already?"

Jacque closed the door. "You might want to see this," he said, handing over the phone to Kip. "This is the phone of the girl who thinks she is going to marry Ashton, and her conversation is between her and the queen."

Kip nodded and scrolled through the messages, shaking his head. "Wow, this is insane. Can I have this phone?"

"It's all yours," Ashton said. "Serena is always losing things, so losing her phone won't be new."

"I also have some evidence," Amelia said, standing up. She went to the drawer and pulled out the bracelet box. She then put the bracelet into it. "Hold on a moment," she said as everyone looked at her strangely. She then pulled out a mini tape recorder from the box after it had downloaded, then she hit play.

Everyone listened with rapt attention as the queen talked to Amelia and threatened her.

"Well, I am sure the people are not going to be happy about this," Kip frowned. "I will need the tape. There are extras in the box for you."

"Of course, but I have a question for you, can I have that back on Saturday?"

"Sure."

"I would like the people at the ball to hear what their queen says about them."

Ellis busted out laughing. "Wow, that is so evil, I love it."

"I think we should somehow broadcast the messages across the room, too," Jacque grinned. "I can get hold of a projector."

Kip chuckled. "Well, that is revenge if I ever heard it. "Okay, let me process this stuff, then I'll get it back to you."

"Officer Brewen, this is one reason I want you and several officers here for the Ball," Amelia said. "We will make sure you get an invite, and come in a suit, but make sure you are packing."

"I will," he promised. "I have wanted something to happen to the Queen and King for a long time, sorry sire," he said, nodding at Ashton.

"No reason to apologize. I agree. Something will be done, and Saturday at the Ball is perfect."

"Maybe you can be my date for the ball?" Kip asked Amelia, hopefully.

"I am already taken," Amelia grinned, "but Becky does not have a date."

Becky blushed. "I would be honored to take you then, Becky," Kip said.

"I would love to go with you also," she whispered.

"Good, I will see the lot of you on Saturday, and I will make sure I bring this stuff with me," he said, patting his pocket. "Have a good evening."

"We will," Ellis nodded and showed the officer out the door.

Ashton sighed. "Well, crap is going to hit the fan."

"And rain down on everyone," Amelia smirked.

Everyone chuckled at that.

"Tell me, Amy, how did you record my mother?" Ashton asked her.

Amelia flushed. "I called Kip earlier and told him that I needed a recording device that would go undetected. He brought me these earrings," she tapped on them, "and the bracelet. They both record, and the bracelet transfers onto the tape."

"Amy, maybe you need to be a cop instead of a veterinarian," Becky teased her. "You would do well."

Amelia grinned. "It has crossed my mind, but that is a lot of work."

"Because taking care of sick animals isn't?" Jacque chuckled. "Becky is right; you would be an excellent cop. No one would even see you coming, this beautiful petite woman."

Amelia blushed. "Thanks, Jacque."

"Amy, you will let us know if my mother schemes some more?" Ashton asked her.

"Of course, sire."

"Good. I can't believe that my own mother would want to harm you and that she is so desperate for me to marry Serena, that she would do anything to get Serena on the throne. I just don't understand. Why would she do that?"

"Something is definitely up with that," Ellis agreed. "Hopefully, Amy can find out."

"Yes, I hope so too." He looked at Amelia. "I am sorry about my mother."

"It is okay, sire, she is just jealous."

Everyone laughed at that.

"Well, I had better get some sleep. The princess and her family are supposed to be here in the morning," Ashton sighed then.

"Already?" Jacque asked, looking at Amelia.

"Yes," Amelia nodded. "They want to meet Ashton and then attend the Ball on Saturday."

"Well, you had better get your beauty rest then," Becky chuckled, pushing Ashton to the door. "And don't let Serena come into your room anymore, it smells like her cheap perfume."

"Wait, how did you know?" he asked, but she pushed him out the door, amid laughter.

As soon as they made sure Ashton was gone, everyone looked at Amelia.

"What?" she asked.

"So, the prince is going to meet the princess tomorrow, eh?" Jacque teased.

"I am nervous, though. What if he rejects me after he finds out who I really am?" Amelia asked the cousins.

"Then he doesn't deserve you," Ellis said, "and you know that anyone of us would take you as our bride."

"You are sweet, Ellis," Amelia said.

"I mean it. You are special, Amelia. Ashton needs to see that."

He then kissed her on the cheek. "We are here for you; you know that."

"I do."

"Good. Sleep well, and let's meet tomorrow after your family meets with Ashton, let us know how it went."

"I will," Amelia nodded, "and please play dumb. I don't want Ashton to know that all of you know who I am, okay?"

The boys nodded and left the room, and Amelia headed to her room, nerves dancing through her stomach. Would Ashton forgive her for lying to him? She hoped so.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 5K 23
*Sequel to Submitting To Him* Queen Danni and King Jacen have searched the country far and wide for their baby girl for years never giving up hope...
Identical halfSisters By GM

Mystery / Thriller

71 6 14
Two identical halfsisters spend their whole childhood believing that they are twins. As teens, they promise each other that they will be taken by one...
19.2K 647 14
Princess Ariana has been in love with her best friend Coby since they were little children. The only problem is, he has always loved her as a sister...
355 28 18
This is a new fairytale for me to write about. Just to let you know, it's not the little mermaid genderbend. You can read or add my story to your rea...