Princess In Disguise

By melisabigler

(Completed) Princess Amelia Cardston is put to a task by her parents. They want her to go to another kingdom... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 20

841 38 2
By melisabigler

            The next morning, Amelia called Officer Brewen.

"I need a favor," she said.

"Of course, what can I do for you?"

So, she told him. He chuckled. "I would be glad to help, I would love to see the king and queen go down for what they have done to the people."

"Good," Amelia said. "How soon can you bring me that stuff?"

"Give me a half-hour."

"Perfect. I'll meet you at the gate."

"What, you won't let me in?"

Amelia chuckled. "I don't want anyone to know what I am up to."

"Smart woman. Okay, see you soon."

"Thanks, Kip, I owe you."

"A date perhaps?" he chuckled.

"We'll see," she said vaguely as she hung up.

After dressing for the day, Amelia headed down the stairs, and since it was early enough, her cousin and the boys weren't up yet, which Amelia was happy about. She could pull off her plan better without them asking what she was up too.

Amelia then headed outside and walked up to the gate. The same guard was there, looking bored.

"Miss Henley," the man smiled. "You are up early this morning. Do you need to leave?"

"Actually Officer Brewen is coming to drop off something for me, so I am waiting here for him."

"Okay, why has he been here anyway?"

"Well, he was here because Becky and I were attacked before we came here by some bikers, and then the accident the prince and I got in the other day, we don't think it was really an accident. He is looking into it for us."

The man nodded. "I'm not surprised that it wasn't an accident. There are a lot of people who do not like the prince and would love to see the end of him."

"Yes, so I heard. Don't say anything, but his parents are much worse. Did you know that they are trying to marry him off to that scary creature Serena?"

The man laughed. "I know, poor guy. I like Ashton, and he does not deserve that, for sure."

"I am just glad the prince is changing for the better," Amelia said. "He's doing some good for the city now."

"Yes, I see that also. I wonder what made him change his mind?"

"He said something about not wanting to be like his parents anymore."

"Good for him. So, how is your stay here?"

"Very interesting. Serena seems to have it out for all of us cousins staying here."

"Yes, no surprise. I never did like that woman."

"Did you hear what happened to her?" Amelia grinned.

"Oh, those shampoo incidents?" the guard laughed. "Yes, it's all the staff is talking about. I wonder who did that, it is quite hilarious. I wish I could see her bald head."

"I am sure it is quite frightening," Amelia laughed.

"Yes, I am sure it is," the man grinned.

A police car pulled up to the gate then, and the guard opened the gate for him. Kip pulled through and parked. Amelia met him at his door and he rolled down his window and handed her a box. She opened them and smiled. "Earrings, Kip? I didn't know our relationship had progressed to this."

Kip had the grace to blush, but he laughed too.

"No, those are capable of picking up a conversation, and recording it onto this," he handed her a bracelet. "Then you can set the bracelet into the box that the bracelet came in, and it will transfer the recordings onto this," he handed her a mini tape recorder. "I know the palace doesn't have internet, so we went old school. By the way, the department is rooting for you. If you can bring the queen and king down on any charges, the kingdom would owe you one."

"I figured," Amelia grinned. "I don't want to see the prince go down with them, he's not horrible like his parents, but things need to change, that is for sure."

"Yes, and you are helping to change things, thank you, Amy."

"You are welcome, and thanks for this stuff. It will make things easier for me."

"You are welcome. Those earrings also transmit back to the station and record there when they are on, so watch what you are saying," he chuckled.

"I will," Amelia promised. "I also have another favor to ask."

"Yes?"

"I will call you with details later, but plan on being here to the Ball on Saturday with your department."

"Oh?"

"Yes. Crap is going to hit the fan, so to speak," Amelia laughed.

Kip grinned. "Okay, keep me updated."

"Oh, I will, and don't be too entertained when you hear the conversations."

"If you want to shut it off, just push on the earring, and it will shut off. Push on it again to turn it back on."

"Okay," Amelia said, and went ahead and put the earrings in, and the bracelet on. She then handed him the box for the earrings and took the bracelet box and the mini tape recorder. "Talk to you later, Kip."

"Yes, you will," he chuckled, then pulled away.

As soon as he was gone, Amelia headed back inside and to her room. She deposited the box in her dresser under some clothes, then left the room. She was hungry and wondered if the cousins were down eating already.

As Amelia headed to the kitchen, she bumped into the queen.

"Oh, your majesty, I am sorry, I didn't see you," Amelia said.

"Of course, you didn't, you insolent child," she hissed. "Why are you still here?"

"I am staying with Becky."

"Yes, I know that, but after the ball on Saturday, you are out of here, do you understand?"

"Why?"

"Because my son is going to marry Serena, that is why, and she doesn't want your kind of filth in the palace, and I have to agree."

"Whatever," Amelia said. "He's not going to marry that baldy."

The queen frowned. "You want to make a bet? She was meant for him, not you or anyone else. Besides, Serena went into Ashton's room last night to woo him. But he told her that he was saving himself for his wedding night."

Amelia hid a snicker. "If you say so. Are you sure it wasn't because she is so hideous looking he can't stand to see her body?"

The queen growled. "How dare you. Mark my words girl, you are out of here after the Ball, even if it is in a coffin."

"Are you threatening me, your highness?"

"What do you think?" the woman sneered. "I have a large wedding to plan, and you and those stupid cousins are not welcome, and if the lot of you aren't here to interfere, all the better."

"Let me guess, you are going to spend more taxpayer's money on this wedding?"

"Of course. It's not like those stupid people need it. I can tax them all I want. I don't know why my son is even helping them, that is totally ridiculous. He is becoming soft, the stupid boy. But I will make him see the error of his ways. He will marry Serena, and he will forget all about those people. He will be so busy making babies, that he won't care."

Amelia tried not to gag. "If you say so."

"I do say so, and I do hope that you aren't coming to the Ball."

"I was invited, so yes, I will be there."

"You insolent girl. You had better not try and outclass Serena," the queen then chuckled as she looked at Amelia's jeans and shirt. "Then again, I don't think that is possible. Your dress will be just as hideous as you. Whereas Serena's dress will be the talk of the town."

"Yes, at the expense of the taxpayers, again."

"Of course, child, now out of my way, and don't get any ideas of spending time with Ashton. Serena is keeping him occupied today," and with that, she walked away.

Suddenly, Amelia wasn't so hungry anymore, the queen was making her sick. She turned on her heel and walked back the way she came. As she was about to head up the stairs, she saw Ashton, Serena hanging off his arm, and she was giggling. "After breakfast, we should go shopping," Serena was saying. "I know this cute little shop that has the best lingerie for our wedding night," then she kissed him.

Amelia gasped, and Ashton heard her.

"Amy?" he whispered.

Amelia turned on her heel and ran up the stairs. Could Ashton have changed his mind? It would break her heart if he had, but was that possible? No, it couldn't be. Why would he give in to Serena?

"What was that about?" Serena said, kissing Ashton's cheek. "Don't worry about her. She is just jealous that we are getting married."

"I told you, Serena, I have not made up my mind yet. Now if you will excuse me," he said, taking her claws off his arm.

"You aren't coming into breakfast?" Serena pouted.

"Later," he said and walked away.

Serena shrugged and walked into the dining room to sit down. The royal couple was sitting there, and she smiled at them.

"Good morning, your highnesses," Serena giggled.

"My dear, you look lovely," the Queen said. "Where is Ashton?"

"Oh, he said he would be in later. He saw that dumb girl, Amy, or whatever her name was. She saw us kissing, and she started to cry."

"I see," the Queen smirked. "Very good. Eat up, my dear, I shall visit with Ashton later about who his priority is right now."

"Of course, your majesty," Serena smiled.

Amelia sat on the bed in her room, taking deep breaths. She had to trust Ashton and believe that he wouldn't marry Serena, he had promised he wouldn't.

Her door opened then, and she felt someone kneel in front of her.

"Amy," she heard. She looked up to see Ashton looking at her in concern. "I need to explain myself."

"I don't know if you can," Amelia whispered tears in her eyes. "I saw her kissing you."

"Yes, she was kissing me, and I was not kissing her back. Yes, she had her hands on me, but I was not touching her. I do not love her, Amy, and I never will." Ashton sighed. "Serena even came into my room last night and offered herself to me."

"So I heard," Amelia whispered.

"I turned her away, Amy. All I could think about was you. I don't want any other woman's body but yours, do you not understand that?"

"Ashton," Amelia whispered.

"Shh, love," Ashton said and kissed her. The kiss was so full of passion, that Amelia began to cry. She wanted so badly to tell Ashton who she was.

"Shh, it's okay," Ashton assured her, wiping at her tears. "Things will be okay."

"I know," Amelia whispered.

"I don't even want to meet the princess," he then said. "I really don't. I just want to run away with you and to hell with this ball."

Amelia finally smiled and kissed Ashton softly. "Don't. Meet the princess, then you can run away with me."

He chuckled. "Fine, but I am only doing this for you. But as soon as I meet her, you and I are out of here."

"You won't save me a dance?" she asked him. "I was planning on dressing up for you."

Ashton kissed her. "Maybe one dance," he conceded, "and then we are leaving, do you understand me?"

"I do," she whispered. "Thank you, Ashton."

"For what?"

"For loving me."

"I should be thanking you," Ashton said. "You showed me how to love, and to not be so selfish. I owe you everything, and even if we are as poor as church mice and have to live in the homeless shelter, I will take care of you, no matter what."

Amelia laughed. "Don't worry love, we won't have to live in a shelter."

"And how do you know that?"

"You can just sell another car," she teased him.

He chuckled. "Yes, that I could do, my love." He then kissed her again. "Come, have you eaten?"

"No," she admitted.

"I know a great little place we can go that is private and no one will bother us."

"Really?"

"Really," he said, and then swooped her into his arms, making her laugh.

"I love you, Amy Henley," he said, as he carried her out the door.

"I love you too, Ashton Holland."

She giggled as he carried her down the stairs, but stopped when his mother walked into the hallway, Serena and the king behind her.

"Ashton?" the Queen frowned. "Whatever are you doing?"

"Oh, hello, mother. Becky's cousin is not doing well, I was taking her to the hospital. Her wounds aren't healing," Ashton lied.

Amelia moaned as if in pain, ducking her head to make sure no one could see her smirk.

"Oh, the poor thing," Serena snickered.

"Very well, go and drop her off somewhere and come back, we have a wedding to plan," the Queen said, glaring at Amelia.

"I will be back sometime today," Ashton said, walking away with Amelia in his arms. "Don't wait up for me."

He then walked down the hall and out the front door, Amelia's head on his shoulder, holding her laughter in.

"I had to think of something and fast," Ashton said. "You did well, playing sick."

"Why thank you," Amelia smiled at him.

Ashton walked into the garage with Amelia in his arms. Walton was there, sitting in a chair, but he hopped up when he saw Ashton.

"Sit down, old man," Ashton teased him. "I am taking this lovely woman out today. Don't tell my parents that we won't be back until late. If they ask where I am, tell them I am out preparing for my wedding," he smirked.

"Yes, sire," Walton grinned. "Have a good day."

"Oh, I will," Ashton said, putting Amelia into his Lamborghini and then climbed in and sped out of the garage.

"Oh, young love," Walton chuckled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104 18 8
King Uther of Forland is old and failing. His grandson and heir, Prince Richard, lives the good life: anything that gives him an adrenaline rush. He...
1.6K 143 33
Everyone believes Ivy's parents-the king and queen-were killed in a tragic carriage accident and that she went missing, never to be seen again. But s...
975 26 27
After her lands were taken and very nearly destroyed, a young princess is forced to move into an odd land, with a Royal Family who do not even live i...
19.2K 647 14
Princess Ariana has been in love with her best friend Coby since they were little children. The only problem is, he has always loved her as a sister...