stardust | park seonghwa ✓

Від beazibo

we are made of stardust, that's why we shine and that's why we glow. we are the children of the stars, our lu... Більше

stardust
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
― end; silent thoughts, secret wishes

31

2K 162 268
Від beazibo

AS soon as Wooyoung walked out, I find myself just staring blankly at my painting. My mood to continue has dissipated and I don't really find the point of carrying on with it.

So I place my canvas that is now freshly wet with paint back on the drying rack, rinse all my brushes, my tubs of water and palette so I can leave them to dry, hang my apron back on the hanger. The primary school painting program will start soon and it's best if I leave now instead of rushing to get my things out of the way later on.

It will be Saturday night in a few hours. I was hoping I could go out somewhere and have fun a little since the project has been taking a lot of the space in my mind lately; eat at a restaurant, take a walk, start looking for a dress and even visit the arcade to play that damn punch-a-mole game I hate so much.

Well, maybe the punch-a-mole game would be a bad idea since my shoulder is still a little bit sore but the idea of going out seems nice.

Speaking of going out, maybe Seonghwa wants to hang out tonight if he's done with everything?

I feel myself frowning as I cross the road, feeling a little bit uneasy that Seonghwa hadn't said anything else since this morning. He's busy, I totally get it, but despite how busy he usually he gets, he'd always make sure to send a picture (even if it's something as insignificant as a lady bug on a pot or a single leaf of a plant or fallen crumbs on the carpet).

Whatever, I shouldn't even be worrying.

But I am.

There's a slightly troubled feeling at the pit of my stomach. Maybe I'm ovethinking too much. However, it's a feeling I can't shake off. I let out a sigh, closing my eyes for a little bit before continuing my way down the street.

I pass a toast stand and my stomach rumbles at the smell. I realise I haven't had my lunch yet so I fish my pockets for any money slipped in there and approach the stand and help myself to a toast.

While I wait for my toast, the lockscreen on my phone shows a ray of notifications from Wooyoung (and his very obvious panicked state).

And how he wants to back out of it now but it's too late because Yeji spotted him already.

And how he wishes to disappear because she's walking closer and he still has no idea how to address it.

"Stupid," I mumble under my breath, typing the words 'good luck' in response to his messages.

My thumb hovers above Seonghwa's contact, debating on whether or not I should try to call him. The moment is filled with my own thoughts, debating on whether or not this is a good time to call ― if he's busy or not.

I laugh silently to myself. Of course Seonghwa will have time. He always does. It's just a little... odd... that he doesn't say anything. My eyes shift to the contact below it San's. He didn't say anything either.

So I press the call button next to Seonghwa's name, bringing the phone up to my ear and let the hum of the line ring through my ear.

It goes on for a while; the toast vendor has finished making my food and hands me it. I press my phone against my shoulder and my cheek, saying a quick thank you to the lady from behind the stand as I give her the money.

"Mhm?" I frown when the phone goes into voicemail.

I'm guessing he's busy then.

It would make sense. I can imagine it could be quite hectic preparing for a wedding. Especially a wedding of a relative; there would be so many things to prepare and everyone would be hustling to get things done.

Maybe one more try wont hurt.

I press the call button again. As I wait for the line to get picked up, I bite into my toast.

Oh shoot, this is good stuff.

I let out a hum of satisfaction.

My mood lifts higher when there's a small rustling sound from the other side of the line, the corners of my lips lifting already.

"Seonghwa!"

There's no response?

The crackling sound continues. Bad connection? Just how far is his uncle's place? I know that reception is great everywhere... is his uncle's place really that far that the connection isn't even stable? There's a possibility. Maybe the phone fell? Is he picking it up from the floor? At the thought, I snicker to myself and shake my head. He's so clumsy.

"Seonghwa?"

The sound of someone's breath comes through the speaker of the phone.

"Hello?"

I tilt my head in confusion. Whose voice was that? I know that San came along with Seonghwa, as they're both related and it's most likely the same uncle. But that's basically it. It can't be San's voice. It sounds different. It's not San.

"Hello, who's this?" I ask, furrowing my brows. It's the voice of a woman.

"Ah thank Goodness you called again. Yes, hi, according to the name saved on this phone, is this by any chance 'Cherry'?" the person continues to ask.

"Yes, but it's Hyeshin, thank you," I reply, "who are you?"

"Good afternoon, Miss Hyeshin, my name is Kim Jisoo. I'm a nurse at Chonbuk National University Hospital in Jeonju"

I stop in my tracks. What―where?

"I'm sorry, come again?"

"I'm Kim Jisoo, a nurse from the emergency department of Chonbuk National University Hospital in Jeonju, Miss. I have been assigned to take care and monitor patient Park Seonghwa who unfortunately got into a car accident not too long ago. I've just received his belongings to keep a watch on and try to find someone to contact. We've been trying to contact some people in relations to Mr Park but it seems that you called before we could take further actions, thank you for that."

My toast almost drops in result of the shock that's flowing through me.

I can feel my heart sink in my chest as worry and panic fill me up and my feet refuses to continue walking. So I'm left standing in the middle of the mildly busy footpath. Some people fix their gaze on me, their eyes sharp and nerve-racking as they pass by.

"A... a car accident?" comes my voice, a little quiet and hoarse in disbelief.

"Yes, a car accident. Mr Park was admitted to the hospital about half an hour ago alongside another patient and the two are unfortunately in a critical condition and will be undergoing a few operations and tests to make sure everything is alright."

"Miss Hyeshin, is it possible for you to come to the hospital or maybe let one of Mr Park's relatives know?"

"H-how? Is he alright? What happened?"

"I think it would be best if we explained it here, Miss Hyeshin. We have yet to check the CCTVs in the area to make sure what exactly happened but the police department is getting on it. If you could contact anyone who can come here, that would be wonderful."

I don't see the things around me anymore, the objects around me are a motion blur. My head is clouded with a thick haze and all I can think of is Seonghwa, Seonghwa, Seonghwa.

Seonghwa.

Seonghwa.

And San. San is there too. It couldn't be anyone else. The other person couldn't be anyone else.

My steps quicken, heartbeat so loud in my ears and my head aches. The world spins. What happened, when?  Are they alri―shut up, Hyeshin, of course they're not. It was a car accident, just how in the world will they be okay if they were admitted to the emergency department?

"Miss Hyeshin?"

I quickly pull myself out of my thoughts, shaking my head. Stay calm. I close my eyes for a little while, concentrating on my breathing as I try to sort out my racing mind.

The mist in my head clears up slowly, the shock subsiding a little and at least I can think just a bit straighter. What do I do, what do I do? I don't have any of his family's number asides from San. I doubt Wooyoung knows too.

"O-of course... I... yes. I will come over as soon as possible, thank you. And Nurse Kim?"

"Yes?"

I take a deep breath. "His password is 9843, please call his mother and let her know. She should be closer by and will get to the hospital faster. It will take me a couple of hours to get there."

"Of course Miss Hyeshin. I will inform his mother. Is there anyone else you'd wish for me to contact?"

"No, I don't think so. Thank you for informing me."

"I'm just doing my job, Miss. Had you not called, it would've taken a bit longer to contact anybody. Good day, we will wait for your arrival."

"Thank you, good day to you too."

The line cuts with a short beep.

I take the moment to process what happened. With my eyes shut, I groan. What was I thinking, saying I'd go over to the hospital that is, mind you, two hours away without considering how I'll get there. And I can't just hop my way to Jeonju―what am I? The Easter Bunny from Guardians of the Galaxy?

Tonight took an unexpected turn and just before, I was looking forward to spending my evening outside and relaxing.

No, you said you'll go.

My mind goes to Wooyoung. He's San's best friend, the boy also views Seonghwa as his older brother so it's only fitting that he comes right? But then I shake my head, remembering his meeting with Yeji. I don't even know if he's done yet. It's better if I don't disturb them.

I take a look at the time on my phone, sighing at how close it is to sunset and the day is ending soon. There's only one person that I can think of now.

"Yeo?" I speak into the phone as soon as my best friend answers.

"Hmm?"

"Where are you?"

"Library."

"Are you doing anything tonight?"

"No, why? You want me to sleepover? Tch, miss me that much?"

I bite my lip.

"Hyeshin?" his voice doesn't drip in its teasing tone anymore, now sounding a little concerned at my pause. "Is something wrong?"

"We're going to Jeonju," I simply say.

"Wha― so suddenly?"

"Yeosang, please come home. I'll tell you there."

There's a rustling from his side. Yeosang is probably packing his things and by the sounds of it, it seems as if he's rushing. "Okay, I'll be there soon."

Once the phone drops dead, I crouch down on the floor. How am I even thinking right now?

"What!?"

"Shin, if you'd explained why we're going to Jeonju when you called me I swear I could've gotten here faster," Yeosang continues and he frowns at me who's trying pacing back and forth in my living room.

"I know, I'm sorry... I just― I don't know. It was a moment of panic," I explain as I am about to drop down on my couch.

"No, don't sit down, get in my car, okay, we're going now," Yeosang states, "don't think about anything else, please. If you want to call his mum to ask her about things, do it."

"Where are you going?" I ask, watching in confusion as the blonde rushes further into the apartment.

"Getting some change of clothes for you and me. Just go, Hyeshin. I'll take care of it, okay, just focus on relaxing your mind."

Yeosang stops when I don't say anything, turning around and concern fills his expression. The moment I sat down earlier, I finally realise how much I've been thinking about it and how much it's tiring me. Thoughts finally catch up with me and the overwhelm gets into my head and all I want to do is bury my head in my hands and cry.

The next thing I know, I find him crouching in front of me.

"Look, it's okay if you want to cry. He's your boyfriend, he got hurt, it's completely fine," he says, tapping my knee comfortingly, "if anything, I'm really proud of you. You handled all of this so smoothly, you even got the nurse to call his mother all the while trying to process everything into your head―Hyeshin, that's amazing. Now I want you to let your mind off it a little, okay? We'll go there, I'll drive fast, I promise. He will be fine, so will San."

"Now hurry up and go to the car."

"But―"

"―No buts!" he stands up, placing his hands on my shoulders and bring me up. "I'll let your mum know, you don't need to worry about anything."

Minutes later, we are on our way to Jeonju. Yeosang's changed out of previous outfit, now dressed in a more comfortable hoodie and jeans, sleeves rolled up as he hums a tune from the radio. Usually, I would be singing along with him but Yeosang seems to be fine with my quietness.

My hands pick around with the edges of my phone anxiously.

I know that Yeosang can't go too fast, he would probably be speeding that he already is. It doesn't help that the highway is crowded as of now, considering it's the weekend and everybody is heading out to spend their evening.

My phone pings, signalling a message has come through and I see Wooyoung's name on the top of the preview of the message.

Oh. So he knows.

woo
hyeshin where are u
san got into an accident
seonghwa hyung too
im going to see them tomorrow
u wanna come with?

I can feel Yeosang's eyes looking at me through the sides of his eyes as I type out a reply. He leans my side to take a peek and sighs but doesn't say anything.

Once I press send, however, Yeosang reaches out to lower my hands and takes my phone out my head.

"What?"

"Try to get a small nap or something," his eyes not leaving the road ahead of him.

"I can hear your thoughts."

"I was only texting Woo..." I mumble but lean back on the backrest anyway, bringing my legs up to curl up on the seat.

"Go to sleep, we'll be a while and I'll wake you up."

I turn my body to the right side, staring blankly at the orangey sky as the sun starts to dip under the horizon. From my left, Yeosang extends his arm and pats my head gently, running his hair through my hair like he did when we were younger to lull me into sleep.

And as always, it works. I feel myself slowly giving up to the feeling of drowsiness and let my eyes flutter shut with Yeosang still caressing my head, calming myself a little.

+

hehe hi i was supposed to update yesterday or the day before or the day before that or the day before the day before that but i got distracted HEHE. so in between the span of those uhhhh 4 days.. happy birthday yeosang you big bayybeyyy! heheh hes so cute nooooooo

lmao and classic someone-gets-injured-and-ends-up-in-the-hospital move? i think yes. i swEAR this bit's important so pay attention to it EHEH good day/night/afternoon! im married to god's menu pre chorus btw

hehe stream for good health and heart attacks at the same time <3

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

12.9K 1.1K 33
SPIN-OFF/SEQUEL FROM 'A PIRATE'S TALE' I've hid from the world, all of my life. My existence is merely a legend. One forgotten by the world, hundre...
63.2K 2.2K 32
living as a student while having to takes care of your son is definitely not easy. he was only 17 at that time but he know he had no other choice. "...
4.8K 202 44
"Hate to break it to you babe, but we're both someone else's science experiment." Meet the 'unbreakable' Kim Eunhee and the 'icy' mercenary Park Se...
5.9K 440 4
- [COMPLETED] he looks up, first at the vast cerulean sky, then at the person standing in the distance waving him over, and hardly believes that this...