๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™๐™–๐™ž๐™ง ๐™‰๐™š๐™ฌ ๐™”๐™ค๐™ง๐™ ...

By Short_Pessimist

A collection of Spideychelle/PeterMJ oneshots. Simple as that. Lots of AUs More

Cast/ Description/ Etc.
The Itsy-Bitsy Spider(Man)
Movies, Mayhem, & More
What's a Soulmate?
Adventures in Babysitting
A Flame in Your Heart
Perfect
Thankful For You
Pen Pals
Spies in Disguise: Operation - Part 1
Spies in Disguise: Operation - Part 2
Spies in Disguise: Operation - Part 3 (Finale)
Of Heroes & Men
Over Time
Breathe
Fate
The Nerd & The Recluse
Incomparible
"Actually... I'm his fiancรฉ"
The Iron Spider
I don't know...
Moments
Piece Of Cake
Head Over Heels in Denial
Once Upon A December
Shirt
A Coffee And A Smile Makes The World Go Round
Peter In A Christmas Carol
Peter In A Christmas Carol - Part 2
A Look Into The Jones-Parker Residence
Til You Find Me Once More
Meeting The Family - 1/2
Kiss My Heart, Heal My Soul
And The Devil Was Really An Angel

Face it, Tiger...

2K 50 45
By Short_Pessimist

Narrative: Months after his bad break up with Liz Allen, Peter Parker is still heart broken. Aunt May is tired of seeing him sulk, so the woman has a plan to set him up with a friend's daughter. Although Peter is reluctant about it. Just who exactly was this girl anyways?

Time: College; freshman year.

_________________

The spoon clanked against the ceramic bowl as Peter stirred his cereal mindlessly. His head still full of the painful memories.

See, about three months ago, he found out his girlfriend of three years was cheating on him. And to make it even worse, it was with one of his old pals as well: Harry Osborne. Not only that, but Peter has suffered a lot in his life, and Liz knew that. But still she chose to mislead him. So after confronting and breaking up with her, he spent the rest of the school year burying himself in his studies and superhero duties.

Although it was still painful, Ned and May tried their best to cheer him up. A few times it would actually work; Peter would forget about all the troubles and act normal, but then memories would give him a hard slap and Peter would relapse into his gloomy spiral. Because that's how painful it was to be betrayed by two people you trusted a lot. He sighed once again, not ready for another day of misery to pass.

May walked into the small apartment kitchen to see Peter not eating as he was in deep thought. She peered at him sympathetically. She knew how sad and heartbroken he was, she's had to see it plenty of times before; but this had taken the cake. This girl, Liz Allen, was with her niece for a long time and then betrayed him. Although unlike everyone else Peter and May loved, she didn't die, and that's what made it worse. She willingly tore Peter apart.

Part of May didn't mind though, she didn't really find Liz to be all that appealing. May always thought she'd been using Peter, but May let Peter decide for himself. Cause that's what a good parent does, and that's all she wants to be for him. But how can she be a good parent when her child was so sad. That's when she had an idea. Maybe it was overbearing, but all she wanted was for Peter to smile again.

She walked over to the dining table and leaned down to press a chaste kiss on Peter's forehead. "Morning, Donny Darko," she teased about his sullen appearance. "Morning Aunt May," his voice remained as monotone and stoic as the rest of him. It was odd to hear not even one sarcastic remark from him. "What's the plan for today?" She asked, still trying to cheer him up. "Same old, same old," he replied dismissively. This was gonna be a lot harder than May had hoped, but she wasn't giving up just yet.

"Well make sure you come home early to help me prepare dinner," May told him. That then captured Peter's attention. Why would they need to make dinner, and how important is it that May had to actually cook. "Why?" "Well, I have an old school friend visiting," May informed him, "I haven't seen her in so long, it'd be nice to finally catch up with each other again. Plus, she wants to meet you!" Peter internally groaned. He really didn't want to meet someone new, nor do anything in fact. But maybe it would be a good distraction, and he didn't want to disappoint May.

"Sure thing, Aunt May." "Oh, and her daughter is coming as well," May discreetly added. Although, Peter was quick to catch onto it. "Who knows? Maybe you two will get along," she then suggested. Peter knew instantly what his aunt was trying to do. After all, she wasn't that subtle about it.

"May, please no. Not again," Peter cried. It wasn't the first time Peter was set up. Although, the first two
times weren't May's idea. Ned Leeds, his best friend, was just trying to look out for his companion; because like May, he just wanted what was best for Peter. But all those dates were no where near successful.

The first one, an evil foe by the name of Kraven the Hunter, decided it'd be best to make his date a target. Though he saved her in the end, she slapped him and told him to never see her again. What a whack-job! On his next unplanned date, the girl had been so boring, Peter had to plan his escape. And then the last one began off quite well, but then he learned she was a good friend of Liz's and went off to say all these horrible things about Peter without realizing he was her date. Afterwards, Peter decided to take a break from dating—and listening to May and Ned's ideas.

"C'mon Pete, you've been worrying me these last few months. I just want to see you happy. Please, for me," May pleaded. It was the type of thing Peter couldn't resist. For the umpteenth time, Peter sighed. "Fine," he was reluctant, "But if it goes horribly wrong, promise me you won't meddle into my love life again?" "But I—" "May, please..." Peter was about ready to beg, but seeing his insistence May have in. "Okay," she replied like a child. Peter rose a brow. "Promise."

May and Peter then went off to ready themselves for their day with May heading to work and Peter off to save the city of Queens.

***

Peter pressed the emblem of his suit to detach himself from it. Another patrol of the city passed by and somehow, he was no better than he had been. He set down the last minute ingredients May asked him to pick up on the kitchen counter. Fortunately for him, May wasn't home yet. So he wouldn't have to worry about preparing for tonight. Or meeting this mystery girl. It was really getting to Peter.

The last times he tried to date blew up in his face as well as his relationship with Liz. He didn't want the same to happen again. Whoever this girl was, he just hoped she wouldn't run from him or make him feel horrible. Peter resumed to avoid the uneasy and anxious feelings, trying to find something to entertain him.

When he realized there was nothing he got the idea to go to the library. He needed to study anyways. Summer vacation would end early for him with all the courses he's taking. After putting everything aside, including his suit, Peter made his way out the building.

Once arriving in the public library, he dove into the section that held studies on quantum physics and molecular biology. Sure the two subjects didn't exactly correlate, but Peter loved to expand his knowledge. It was the only thing he really enjoyed other than being Spider-Man and hanging out with those closest to him. But now that count was down to two. Peter groaned, wanting to slam his head against a nearby wall.

His mind just couldn't stop reverting back to Liz. No. He shook his head, stopping himself from sulking once more. Just as he was about to find somewhere to situate himself, something caught his eye. Someone actually.

She only passed him for a second, but his eyes couldn't help gazing at the figure. She was absolutely gorgeous. As if the living embodiment of beauty. She was tall, probably an inch or two from Peter, but it made her features all the more alluring. Her curly defined hair was obviously died red, but it wasn't the red that looked completely unnatural. It was mahogany tone of reddish brown, almost similar to a well aged Pinot Noir, and really complimented her honey colored skin. Even if he only got a glimpse, to Peter, her whole face was absolutely stunning. And her eyes under the glow of the library's lights were this amber shade, with a green glint circling around the orb. Her pearly white smile was contagious as she conversed with a blonde girl beside her.

Peter couldn't fight the impulsive urge to do a double take at the walking beauty. That's when his phone started vibrating inside his pocket making him divert his attention from her. It looked like a text from May:

I might be a little late but be home by 6' so we could get ready. They'll be over about 7:30.

Peter checked the time: 2:46, he read. He'll be fine, he figured. The male went off to find a quiet place to indulge himself in the information the books held rather than his wandering and very scattered mind. About thirty minutes after was when his thoughts consumed him again. There really was no point trying to study when you're heartbroken and school doesn't start for another month or two. He set the books onto a cart for the librarians to handle before going to a different section in the library. This one was a row full of dystopian/utopian novels.

He skimmed through the titles until he found one he either liked or haven't read yet. One piqued his interest when looking at it—like the red haired vision from moments ago. Watership Down was the tittle, and on the hard cover of the ironically red book was an outline of what seemed to be a... bunny? Was this similar to George Orwell's Animal Farm, he wondered. As he flipped it open to read the description, a voice called out to him.

"So you do have more of a category than just nerd," the words came out teasingly. He turned to see where the voice come from to find the girl who instantly bewitched him. "W-what?" Peter asked like a brainless dolt. Although the girl found it amusing, "I saw you loaded with books about science. Either you're a nerd or you're one of those people who likes to do things ahead of time." "What if I said both," Peter joked, now gaining confidence to talk to her.

"Even worse," she giggled. "I'm Michelle." She then proceeded to introduce herself, in which Peter did the same. "Peter." They shook hands and it was almost electrifying. "What happened to you're friend," he asked, noticing the blonde girl was no longer there. "She had 'better' things to do, but I think she just used that excuse to run off to her boyfriend." Peter let out a chuckle, understanding what it feels to be a third wheel.

Peter knew he'd be taking a shot in the dark with his next question, but he asked anyways. "What about you? Do you have a boyfriend?" That made Michelle raise a brow, "Wouldn't you like to know?" Yes, I really would.

She noticed the book in his hands. "Watership Down, good choice," Michelle complimented. "Is it any good?" She shrugged, "Depends on your perception really. Most people when they hear rabbits, they think of cute little creatures that hop around with a fuzzy tale. But personally, what I got out of reading it, is that it's a story about survival. And shows light on how hierarchy and absolute power can lead to one's demise."

"Dark and depressing, wow." She scoffed, mocking him, "Cute and inquisitive, wow." He knew she was talking about him as his words had a hidden meaning as well, but the preceding word went past his head and Peter only heard the latter. With his Parker Kindness, Peter realized how much of her time he already wasted. "Yeah I probably should go and stop bothering you now," he said so considerately, Michelle was now really skeptical of how he could be real. "Or you could keep me company while we get something from the cafe down the street," she suggested.

Peter's mouth gaped open a little. Not even 10 minutes into their conversation and this girl was already asking him to join her for coffee; and the craziest part was that he wanted to accept. But was it too soon? They just met after all. Yet, looking at the situation, it really didn't matter. Liz already moved on, why couldn't he? Still not able to make a coherent response, Peter nodded.

***

"Dinner?" Michelle questioned as Peter told her of his busy schedule. They were at one of the tables right outside the cafe, with their orders already handed to them.

"Yeah apparently my Aunt's friend and her daughter is coming over," Peter answered, unenthusiastic. "You don't seem too happy about it," she noticed his indifference. "Not really," seeing her curious expression, he continued, "It's just that there's so much going on lately. And I'm fairly sure my Aunt's just trying to set me up."

"With her friend?" Seeing the deadpanned face, Michelle laughed off her joke. He joined in as well. "What about you? What awaits the Michelle...?" "Jones," she finished for him. "Pretty... like you," at this point, Peter was as red as a tomato. "Was that a pick up line?" She was definitely teasing him, but there was a faint blush painting her cheeks as well. Peter internally cringed, "Was it bad?" A gorgeous smile spread on her lips like butter. "No, it was kinda sweet actually."

They both stared into each other's brown eyes. "So," he cleared his throat. "So..." They laughed simultaneously at the now awkward atmosphere. "Why exactly is it so bad if you're Aunt wants to set you up?" Peter was hesitant to share, but it's not like it was that big of a secret. Apart from other things of course. "Well the last girl I was with cheated on me with one of my friends," he replied bluntly. It was now Michelle's turn to be open mouthed like a fish.

"How long were you together," she questioned. "Three years." Michelle blinked in surprise. Though she's never been in a relationship before, she empathized the feeling of heartbreak. "Well then, she didn't deserve you," Michelle concluded. "How can you be sure?" "I've only known you for about thirty minutes now and I can see the kind of person you are," she stated honestly. A devilish grin split across his face.

"Does that mean you like me already?" Michelle rolled her eyes and took a sip of her tea. "Have you tried moving on," she wondered. "A few times, yeah," he shifted in his seat. "Well?" "None of them really went as planned." "So, there's nobody you like?"

"I wouldn't say that," he answered cryptically. "You see, there's this girl recently. Beautiful, sarcastic, and very dark humored," he ended taking a look at the book she check out: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck. A perfect match to her personality. "Yeah?" Michelle had a slight understanding of who he was talking about. "Mmhmm! Oh, and she has this—" Peter froze.

From the corner of his eyes, he saw none other than Liz Allen and Harry Osborne hand in hand as they approached the cafe. Peter instantly slumped into his seat, trying to avoid detection. Michelle stared at him curiously. "Peter? What's wrong?" He leaned closer to her to whisper the details. "My ex and the asshole are heading this way," he tried to be as discreet as possible. But it didn't work out when someone called out his name.

"Peter?"

Peter, unwillingly, turned to the two figures. "Heey Liz," he said awkwardly. "Umm, hi! How are you?" The nineteen year old looked at her with incredulity. How can she ask that after practically shattering him into a million pieces. "I'm okay, good, y'know. And y-you?" "Great," she replied cheerfully as she gazed lovingly into Harry's eyes. Peter wanted to roll his eyes and gag but he held back. Meanwhile the other boy sent a nod of acknowledgment to Peter, which he returned with a grim smile.

It was a pitiful sight, the awkwardness of the situation, Michelle knew she just had to cut in. "So, Loser, you gonna tell me who you're friends are or do I actually have to ask them?" All eyes were now on her. "I'm Liz," the doe eyed interloper held out her hand. "And you are...?" Michelle inspected it carefully before flicking a strand of hair from in front of her face and turning in her chair so they could get a clear view of her. "Michelle Jones, Peter's girlfriend," she winked at the aforementioned boy who looked as stunned as the other two.

Embarrassed, Liz put down her hand and completely ignored Michelle's presence, "Oh, well, I'm happy for you Pete." "That's Peter to you," Peter stated. With Michelle by his side, Peter had the confidence to do anything; even standing up to his shallow ex. "But—," Just as Liz could respond, Harry pulled her into the shop to avoid even further awkwardness.

Peter gazed at Michelle, "Thank you." "You looked distressed. Had to do something." He smiled, "So where were we?" "Something about a girl," she teased. "Right."

They spent another hour there, talking, laughing, and enjoying each other's company. Until Peter realized the time. The once bright and yellow was now orange as it started to set. It highlighted the moment perfectly. "It's getting late," Michelle observed. "And I have somewhere to be," Peter replied. "Yeah, me too." Although, neither moved just yet.

"Would you think I'm crazy if I asked you for your number," Peter said. He was still worried it was all too soon, but that started fading away when Michelle flashed the smile she had earlier. "I think you're crazy anyways, but I'll only agree if you promise to go on a real date with me," she answered, already writing something on Peter's book mark. "Sure! Yes, definitely," Peter stumbled along his excitement.

The two stood up from their seat, and Michelle passed him back the bookmark. "See ya later then," she bid him farewell and placed a kiss on his cheek. In a daze, Peter watched her walk off with a hand pressed on his cheek. "Bye..."

***

May and Peter were trying their best to cook up whatever recipe May was following, but it wasn't turning out that well. And just when they were almost done, something was burning. Peter, unsurprised, grabbed the fire extinguisher from under the sink as May tried to turn down the stove. Once the flames and heat were cooled, May leaned against the kitchen sink defeated. Her nephew wanted to laugh but she beat him to it.

Seeing his aunt's disastrous self, Peter asked, "Do you just want me to pick something up or...?" As soon as she nodded, Peter was already swinging out the window.

At precisely 7:35, with Peter fixing up the dining table and May taking her cherry pie out the oven—it was the only thing she could really make—was when they heard a knock at the door. May rushed to open it, and trudged along. "Rose!" "May!" The older females hugged. With a scatter of questions and answers, Peter felt out of place.

"Where's your daughter?" May asked looking past the open door. "Oh, she's parking the car after complaining about my driving," Rose said with mock irritation. "She'll be right up. And this must be Peter." She was now walking up to him. After all the greetings, they invited her in and allowed the woman to make herself comfortable.

About three minutes later, there was another knock at the door. "I'll get it," Peter insisted. This was it. The moment he was dreading especially after all that happened today. He let out a deep breath before opening the door. From his lowered head, he spotted familiar converses and continued to follow it up past the high waisted jeans and black sleeveless turtleneck to an even more familiar face. His eyes widened in shock at the red hair and infectious smile. "MICHELLE?!?"

May and Rose who stood not too far beside him introduced her. "It seems you already know my daughter, Michelle." Peter was still in shock. He couldn't believe that the most interesting girl he spent his afternoon with happened to be the one person he wasn't looking forward to meet. He let out an audible gulp. "Y-you're... Wow."

Michelle smirked in amusement, "Face it, Tiger... You just hit the jackpot!" A large genuine smile plastered his face. Indeed he did!

Needless to say, dinner went absolutely fantastic and the two shared of their earlier encounter with their respective guardians. Afterwards Peter fulfilled his promise of an actual date with Michelle and more so later on.

_________________

A/N: Personality wise, Zendaya makes a great Mary Jane.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.8K 1.5K 45
Just some cute one-shots of Peter and MJ. I will be taking requests!!
8K 123 18
All of my Peter Parker/Spider-Man oneshots from my tumblr @ spideycents. Currently working on a songfic series that mainly focuses on Peter and MJ.
1.1K 42 20
Tranated into english! Just like a title says :P
59.4K 1.4K 51
๐–ซ๐– ๐–ฃ๐–จ๐–ค๐–ฒ ๐– ๐–ญ๐–ฃ ๐–ฆ๐–ค๐–ญ๐–ณ๐–ซ๐–ค๐–ฌ๐–ค๐–ญ ๐–ถ๐–จ๐–ซ๐–ซ ๐–ธ๐–ฎ๐–ด ๐–ฏ๐–ซ๐–ค๐– ๐–ฒ๐–ค ๐–ฒ๐–ณ๐– ๐–ญ๐–ฃ ๐–ถ๐–จ๐–ณ๐–ง ๐–ค๐–ต๐–ค๐–ฑ๐–ธ ๐–ฆ๐–ด๐–จ๐–ณ๐– ๐–ฑ ๐–ฒ๐–ณ๐–ฑ๐–จ๐–ญ๐–ฆ ๐–ฒ๐–ข๐– ๐–ฑ ๐–ฎ๐–ญ ๐–ฌ๐–ธ ๐–ง๐– ๏ฟฝ...