My Dearest Dear. [Drake Chris...

By EscapedFate

Emalee is a normal girl with a sad past of abuse and being alone; but she doesn't let that stop her from seei... More

[Descriptions]
Chapter One [Stuttered Hello]
Chapter Two [Oops]
Chapter Three [Naps and Yummy Lunch]
Chapter Four [Stage Fright]
Chapter Five [A Diner, New Friend, and Relief]
Chapter Six [Bad News, New Relationships]
Chapter Seven [Welcome Home//First Text]
Chapter Eight [New House, Road Trip // Breakfast]
Chapter Nine [Or Giraffes // Skype Date?]
Chapter Eleven [Sharing a Past and a Hotel Bed? Checking In]
Chapter Twelve [Carson, Brendon, Pizzas- and Crystal?]
Chapter Thirteen. [The Talk (Wreck) // What A Way To Ask]
Chapter Fourteen [Hospital]
UPDATE
Chapter Fourteen (Part Two) [Surprise! Surprise!]
Chapter Fifteen [Time Skip // Explanation]
Chapter 16: Happy Birthday!

Chapter Ten [Snack Break // Awkward Chat]

706 13 6
By EscapedFate

-----------------------Drake's POV (Before Emalee picked him up)---------------------------------------------

I was sitting on the edge of the hotel bed, staring at my unlit phone. What was I doing? Pfft, no idea. Wait really, I s'pose, nervous that I might make a fool out of myself talking to Emalee... She was so beautiful... She made me smile, brighter than anyone ever has. All of the guys on tour realized that too, even if they had been there or not, stories were flying everywhere. Oh well, I was too anxious to see her that I couldn't fall asleep until three or three-thirty. I rubbed sleep from my eyes, even though I woke up an hour or two ago, by Emalee's call. Speaking of which, my phone lit up and a picture of the tree she was under marked her calling.

"Hey," I chirped, sweeping my fringe to the side.

"Ay, are you ready?" She asked, a long zipping noise following.

"Mhm," I smiled, "Thanks for everything, seriously," I slid back onto the bed, the covers rubbing together loudly.

"Seriously, it's no problem, I'll hang up and you text me the address."

"Okay," I nodded to myself, eyes flicking over to the paper I had written on.

The line went dead and I unlocked my phone, going to Emalee's contact and carefully repeating the words and numbers written on the note. I pressed send and gathered my bags by the door. After a minute, I picked up the stuff walked down into the lobby, returning the key and getting a receipt for my stay, I told the receptionist goodbye and went out to the steps that led up to the hotel. I was somewhat lost in thought, Emalee's soft, black hair that billowed over like a smoke cloud, her pale face, and the pretty green-blue eyes that looked so nervous the night I met her, which was only last night.

Only last night, get that through your head. Not long enough to know someone you want to go out with. A part of me argued.

Does it matter? If she didn't like me she wouldn't be taking me all the way to L.A., then stay for a while. It doesn't take long to fall in love. My thoughts stopped dead at love, just as a little, familiar creme Beetle pulled up.

"Did ya get lost?" I grinned, opening the back door and putting my bags in, then getting the small vehicle. Why didn't you get her door, dumbass? I mentally facepalmed.

"Thankfully no," A light pink came over her ivory cheeks, a tiny, nervous laugh rang from her soft looking lips. I stopped myself.

"Good, I'm part map," Are you a child? My mind was such a bother. I pulled my phone out, Emalee giggled, her phone buzzing loudly from a cubby hole in the dash after I sent a Tweet. When we stopped at a light, she pulled out her phone and her face was even redder. She looked at me, with those amazing eyes,

"So, uhm, how long are going to stay over?" I asked what first came to mind. Idiot. Shut up.

"Until the end of the week, if that's ok," She began fidgeting, slowly pulling forward as the roads cleared.

"It's perfectly fine, you'll love L.A.," I grinned, laying back into the chair and staring out the window. A long, music filled silence but comfortable silence filled for a while, I glanced at my phone, no new messages.

"So, did you like the show?" I wondered aloud, blushing a bit, but she didn't seem to notice. Instead, a musical laugh came out.

"Of course, it sort of made my life," Emalee blushed, stopping at a red light. We were already getting to the highways.

"I'm glad you got to come out, like really," I sent her a warm smile, she continued to glance between me and the slowly inching forward cars.

"Damn, blocked up highway," She huffed an annoyed sigh, "It'll take you even longer to get you back home.." Emalee was biting her pink lip, a nervous gleam in her eyes.  Now this is the point I don't even understand. I leaned in. To freaking kiss her. An 'It's okay' tumbled out of my mouth, her face was as red as a ruby, but she still leaned in with me. What the hell dude? I blocked out the judgmental part of my brain, but soon I froze, then flinched back, a car had blared on its horn. Talk about fucking awkward. Dumbass, what did you expect? That's destiny for ya. I groaned inwardly, She looked angry, and my heart dropped.

"Uhm, sorry, I just," Just what? "I don't know.." I kept opening and closing my mouth, not finding my voice.

I heard a soft laugh. "It's okay, don't worry," Emalee had a cute smile on her face, she reached over and patted my knee, I just smiled back. She was looking at me for a while, not just my face, and I began messing with my fringe and mumbling incoherent thoughts, I don't even know. I shrugged back into my chair.

----------------------Emalee's POV (Now)-----------------------------------------------

Drake tried to speak, but nothing came out of his slightly opened mouth most of the time. Just sighs, so I sighed too. 

"What time is it?" I ask, keeping my eyes on the road. It was drizzling a little, and cars were still speeding by. I shuddered involuntarily.

"About three," Drake replied softly, I could tell he was looking at me.

"We'll stop at the next station," All I wanted was a Monster and something way too sugary. 

"Alright," He agreed, turning up the volume on the radio, it was 'She Takes Me High' by We The Kings. 

"She wakes me up, She takes me down, She's got me ten feet off the ground," Drake sang along, his amazing voice made my stomach flutter. 

"So, Emalee, let me know you more?" Our eyes met a moment after the song ended, and I sighed as I pulled into a glowing Mini-mart, the sun setting in the background. We were a quarter of the way there.

"Might as well," I mumbled, getting out the car with my wallet. Drake hopped out and got the door for, I smiled sweetly at him. The blinding LED made me wince as I went to the fridges, pulling out one blue Monster, one mocha Monster, and a 'Caddy Shack' PeaceTea. I walked over to the candy excitedly, looking at all the Kitkats, Snickers, Hershys, my mouth filling with drool. Found it! I grabbed the King Size Heath bar, that thing was carmal/toffee/chocolate HEAVEN. Drake took the things from my hands, he had a green monster and Swedish Fish. I giggled. The bored-looking middle aged cashier scanned the stuff, I started counting out $12.93, but Drake gave her a twenty and took the baggie of stuff. 

"Hey," I playfully hit his shoulder, "I was going to buy that," I flashed a toothy smile. Drake shook his head and laughed as he put the stuff under the passenger seat. 

"A girl who drinks Monster and PeaceTea," He looked at me in awe, "I think this is heaven."

I blushed and put my hand over my mouth as giggles spilled out. 

"Neh, that Heath bar is heaven," I winked at him, getting in the driver's side after he opened the door. What a gentleman. I laughed, I felt kind of wired. Drake just gave me a content look after getting in the car, I had my hand on the console, asking for my blue Monster.

"I will," He had a wicked grin, "IF you let me hold your hand." I almost choked, but nodding while having a severe case of blushing. He grabbed my cold hand, putting the energy drink in the other, which I opened and took a nice, long sip. The fizzy-like substance making me even more giddy. 

--------------------Brandon's POV (Before Skype Call)-------------------------------

 I was excited to see Meagan, her pretty face, her amazing smile, just everything about her made me go insane. The good kind of insane. I called her, just to hear her voice.

It answered rather quickly.

"Hello?" 

"Hey, Meagan? It's Brandon." I heard her try and suck in a silent breath, a smile plastered on my face.

"Oh, uhm, yeah? Hey." I laughed a little at her nervousness. 

"Just wondering if you still wanted to Skype.." I trailed off.

"Of course!" Meagan said quickly, making me laugh once more. 

"Good, ok, see you soon." I ended the call. I was all freaking out. I never acted like this around a girl, so I was worried with myself. Rolling my eyes, I walked into the studio, going to the lounge bit with my Mac. I sent Meagan a message with my Skype name, she added me and I returned the favor, jumping to press on the 'Call' button. It rang a little, but soon I saw her beautiful face. 

"Hey," I still had the smile on my face from earlier.

"..Hi.." She was blushing and hiding behind her hair. 

"Speak up, dear," I laughed a bit, she pulled forward, biting her bottom lip a little. 

"Uhm, hi," Meagan was pretty nervous, but at least it was louder.

"Better, how're you?" My grin grew, this girl just made me too happy. 

"I'm alright, home again," She replied, blinking a few times.

"Do you live in Tennessee?" I inquired. 

She laughed, it was really music to my ears, "No, no, I live in Arkansas."

My face lit up, "Oh, awesome, I live there too!" 

"Cool!" We both laughed, Meagan gave me a warm smile, making my heart skip a beat. 

"Maybe you could come out to some local shows...?" I hoped.

"O-of course!" She stuttered, giving a little nervous laugh. How adorable... 

"Awesome," The door behind me opened and a semi-mad manager told me the guys were searching everywhere for me. "Ok, I'll be there in a sec," I turned back to Meagan, an apologetic look on my face. 

"Sound check," I explained, "Catch ya later, Meagan," Saying her name sent my stomach swirling. She waved at me and said a farewell, clicking the call into end. Why was I falling so hard for her? I though, gathering my things before meeting up with the rest of Rocky Loves Emily. 

------------Drake's POV----------------------------

I can't believe what just came over. I asked to hold her hand, which I really wanted to do, but what the hell? I'm so awkward. I liked her more, and the ride wasn't even half over, I was going to get to know her before I fell on my face in love. I hated taking things so fast. I liked her music choices, playing softly in the background, the fact that she loves the two best drinks in the world, and it's just funny how much she loves Heath bars. Emalee, she'll be the only girl that can do this to me; I just know it in my heart. 

"So, let's talk," I said, squeezing her pale hand.

"Mkay, whatcha wanna know Christopher?" She laughed. 

"Anything you're willing to share," I replied, taking a sip of the delicious energy drink. I was pretty wound up so far. 

------------------

HEY. THANKS FOR READING. LIKE SERIOUSLY. I LOVE YOU.

"It's so good to be by your side"- Boys Like Girls.

"You my dear are my dearest.'- CYC.

ARE YOU SURPRISED? Why am I yelling? I dunno but thanks for the support erryone C:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348 0 28
"because if you could love someone, and keep loving them, without being loved back... Then that love has to be real." Hey guys, I'm Kayla. What you'...
29.4K 731 81
After a childhood of heartbreak and distrust, (Y/n) is finally able to move out from the hell she called home. She and her (male) best friend find an...
199K 3K 23
your typical shayne love story i guess :))
1.4K 206 21
She has a gift, a gift that she had received from the very man that she had trusted the most. Her gift, being able to bring joy with her singing. She...