✧ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 �...

By floraljeansandyou

Summary Tags: KiriBakuDeku, Acting/YouTube/Judo career AU, discussions of abuse and past physical and sexual... More

Character Overtures
Chapter One: The Small Fry Bodyguard
Chapter Two: The Live Stream
Chapter Three: The Effect of Spectacles
Chapter Five: The Clothing Selection
Chapter Six: The Feeling of Touch
Chapter Seven: The Sunlight That Hit Just Right
Chapter Eight: The Reevaluation
Chapter Nine: I Can't Do It
Chapter Ten: What Are You Doing Here?
Chapter Eleven: The Story That Never Happened
Chapter Twelve: The Things We Ignore
Chapter Thirteen: Anxiety
Chapter Fourteen: Changes
Chapter Fifteen: Tunnels and Photos
Chapter Sixteen: Basorexia
Epilogue

Chapter Four: The False Maid

9.2K 457 249
By floraljeansandyou

Third Person Omniscient

As Izuku, Shinso, Katsuki, Kaminari, and Kirishima make their way to the open space of Katsuki's gym, Shinso starts to feel dread pooling it's way into his stomach. As much as he had longed to meet one of his favorite judoka fighters, Shinso knew that he was inferior in every shape and form to Midoriya. He couldn't understand why the proposition of the two fighting had not only been brought up but accepted.

Izuku, on the other hand, could not have been happier. Not only was he able to avoid having to appear on camera for Kirishima, but he was also able to compete against someone. The familiar feeling of adrenaline surged through the male's veins.

Kaminari kisses Shinso on the cheek and winks at him. "You've got this, babe!" He salutes, as the purple-haired male walks onto the makeshift match area.

Bakugou watches at Izuku for a moment, the guy had a wild grin on his face, as if simply being able to compete was as good as winning, and shakes his head, turning to his boyfriend. "Look at the smirk of Midoriya's face." He points at the younger male. "Stupid nerd."

Eijiro chuckles softly, but his face quickly turns solemn. "If competing in Judo makes him so happy, why on Earth did he quit?"

Bakugou shrugs. "Probably chickened out."

"Says the guy who got his ass kicked just a few days ago."

Bakugou glares at Kirishima. "Shut the fuck up, asshole!"

The redhead just grins and is about to say what Katsuki was sure was a snide remark when Kaminari shushes them. "Hush! That's my boyfriend fighting, ya know!"

"Katsuki, were we that cute when we were first dating?" Kirishima asks, wrapping an arm around the taller male's shoulder.

The blonde scoffs. "Fuck yeah, we were."

"1... 2... 3... Start!" Kaminari shouts, and from then on, none of the three males took their eyes off of Izuku and Shinso.

As soon as it began, Izuku could tell what Shinso was doing. He was luring the male out, so Izuku would have to make the first move. The male hated to make the first move.

Fine then. With lightning-fast speed, Izuku reaches out for the male's shirt, but Hitoshi had expected that and latched on to the greenette's arm. Shinso drags Izuku closer, grabs his wrists, and forces him to the ground, attempting to pin him to the mat.

Holy shit, am I about to beat Midoriya Izuku? Against his will, the sleep-deprived male's hopes skyrocketed; until he saw Izuku's face.

"You're fast, Shinso!" Izuku exclaims as if they weren't in the middle of a match. "But, you should pay more attention to your opponent."

Shinso's eyes dilate as he realizes what the male had done. Midoriya's legs were wrapped around his middle, and in barely a second, Izuku used his limbs to push Hitoshi onto his back, and then locked the taller male to the floor, until thirty seconds had passed.

Then, the ruthless male stood up, brushed off his hands, and grinned at Shinso, the corners of his eyes crinkling. "Let's do it again sometime!"

Hitoshi gaped at the male as he realized that not only had Izuku fooled him towards the end of the match, he had let Shinso pin him, or at the very least anticipated it. There was no other way for Midoriya to have wrapped his limbs around Shinso's torso so efficiently.

But that would mean... His thoughts slowed, and as he got up, Shinso ran a hand through his scalp.

Katsuki replayed the match in his mind like a broken record and came to a similar conclusion that Shinso had just reached. A conclusion that could be broken down into two distinct details. One: The match couldn't have been more than six seconds, meaning the greenette had to have mostly predicted how his opponent was going to attack before it had even started. Two: Midoriya, in a way, taunted Shinso throughout the whole fight. Not only did he tell Shinso to 'pay more attention to his opponent,' but he also let Hitoshi feel as though he was winning, before defeating him. Bakugou didn't understand any of it; he didn't believe Midoriya was intentionally being malicious but wasn't sure what Midoriya was intentionally doing.

Kirishima was also confused but decided just to clap, cheer, and think about what had happened later. He went up to Kaminari and susurrated in his ear. "That's your boyfriend."

Kaminari jabbed the redhead in the stomach and glared at him. "Whatever, it wasn't even a fair fight anyway, I think it's astounding that Shinso was able to pin Midoriya to the ground in the first place. And that's what I'll be focusing on!"

"You're right, Kaminari!" Midoriya jests, walking up to them.

Goddamn it, Katsuki thought, the nerd didn't even break a sweat.

"Only because you let me," Shinso says, eyes narrowed. "Why would you let your opponent do something like that?"

"So, you think so too!" Kirishima shouts.

Izuku puts a hand to his chin. Had he let Shinso force him to the mat? He couldn't recall, to be completely frank.

"Maybe I did, I dunno."

All of the males, except for Bakugou, believed the shortest male was trying to be ominous, but judging from the greenette's expression, Katsuki wasn't so sure Izuku was lying.

"Either way, I'm starving, let's go get something to eat!" Kaminari amends, Kirishima quickly agreeing with the male.

The Following Day _____

Midoriya raps on Kirishima and Bakugou's door only a minute or so late this time, which is only because he had crouched low to the ground of his apartment and avoided being seen by Uraraka. His friend had been particularly feisty lately, due to her and her girlfriend Tsu being in a fight, which summoned the 'My Life's a Mess so Let Me Just Terrorize Izuku All Hours of the Day Until He Breaks and Joins the Circus' aspect of Ochaco.

"Come on in!" A voice that sounded like Kirishima's shouts from inside. Izuku complies and steps in to see a house in utter chaos.

Eijiro was pacing back and forth in his kitchen, camera in hand, the red light blinking, and speaking animatedly about something, but Midoriya couldn't catch what it was.

Bakugou was on the phone and was shouting 'son of a bitch' at whoever he was speaking to.

What Izuku was guessing to be the cleaning lady, was waiting with a vacuum, clearly wanting to clean the living room floor, but looked too fearful to. Midoriya didn't blame her; Katsuki was reaching new levels of 'loud.'

Izuku walks up to the lady, bowing his head. "Hey, my name's Midoriya Izuku. Is it normally like this?"

Her eyes widen, and Midoriya is surprised to see a slight scowl on the woman's face. "How should I know? My boss sent me here by bribing me with a significant bonus, my only job being to clean Bakugou Katsuki's home. Should have known that Bakugou hates-"

"Wait, so you just arrived here and said 'Hey, can I clean your home?'" Izuku interrupts, thoroughly confused.

She sighs. "No, Kirishima had posted a job offering a week or so ago, and I applied. I didn't actually think I'd be having to do this! Do you know how many girls would kill for this job? A lot, I'll tell you that. I thought that I could just apply, tell my boss that I didn't get accepted, and move on. Yet, here I am, cleaning their frickin' toilets! I'm a publicist manager! I've worked my ass off to climb the social food chain, yet here I am!" She continues ranting until Midoriya interposes her again.

"So, is your boss the one Bakugou is shouting at, then?"

The girl nods, and then takes a hairband off her wrist, and gathers her ginger hair into a side ponytail, her teal eyes blazing. "You know what? I'm fucking Kendo Itsuka, actors from all across the globe would kill to have me. Screw this!" She fastens her hair and then heads for the door. "Bakugou-sama! Tell him I quit!" And then, she was gone.

"Hear that you fucking bastard!? She quit!" Bakugou screams and then hangs up.

What the hell is going on? Izuku, dazedly wonders. Questioning whether or not he imagined the last two minutes.

Kirishima sets down his camera and walks over to Katsuki as if the blonde hadn't just cussed someone out. "Babe, I know you're upset, but I honestly didn't know that she was his-"

Bakugou rolls his eyes. "I know you didn't. Still pissed as hell, though. We don't need a fucking cleaner! It's a waste of money!"

Okay, so Midoriya could be completely wrong here, but when researching about Bakugou, he remembered that his net worth was placed at around thirteen billion yen. He didn't know Kirishima's net worth, but Izuku was pretty sure Katsuki could very well afford a cleaner.

"Um, Bakugou, could I ask what's going on here?"

Katsuki fixes on Midoriya. "I thought we agreed you were to call me, 'Kacchan.'"

Izuku's eyes widen. "Y-you were serious?!"

"Damn right, I was," the actor smirks. "Now, let's get to the studio."

_____

Midoriya didn't remember much about the drive to the studio. Other than it was filled with an uncomfortable amount of silence, and Ba-Kacchan aggressively pressed the controls on his car. A car that had seat warmers, Izuku had always thought that seat warmers were one of those things that only existed in movies, he was apparently mistaken. He'll pay for seat warmers, but not cleaning employees, this guy makes no sense.

As soon as they parked, Kacchan was out of the car in two seconds flat. Leaving Izuku to hurry after him, becoming increasingly debilitated.

Bakugou was pissed in a way that most would believe to be overkill considering it was over a false maid, but it wasn't really about her. It was about who hired her, and he was planning on having a talk with that male. So when fans started trailing after him, Katsuki ignored them completely, gaze focused on the entrance of the set.

Meaning that Midoriya was left to herd Kacchan's followers, trying and failing to look slightly intimidating. "I'm sorry, but could I please ask all of you to step away from- Ah! Why are you touching my hair? I'd prefer if you didn't-"

"You're so cute! Weren't you the one on Kiri's stream the other day?! Could I get a picture with you?!"

"Your hair's so fluffy and soft, what produ-"

Just when Midoriya started to believe he was going to succumb to anxiety, a hand wrapped around Midoriya's shoulder and pulled him back.

"Back off." Kacchan's voice rings out, and everyone goes silent as Kacchan leads Izuku into the studio.

"Some bodyguard you are, letting yourself get trampled by a few girls," Bakugou grumbles, slightly amused.

"They're scary! And I'm just here to make sure you don't get yourself murdered, and judging from the fact you have a pulse, I'd say I successfully did that. Who cares about fine details?"

Katsuki scoffs. "Stupid nerd."

Midoriya decides not to point out that the statement was kind of ambiguous and instead asks the blonde a question. "B-Kacchan, can I ask why you became an actor? You're not exactly a people person, are you?"

"I don't do it for them. I do it because I like to act."

It had never occurred to Midoriya that the blonde probably didn't care what others thought of him, but it did then. He was about to ask something else, but a certain actor gallivanted up to them.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Bakugou Katsuki, I assume you're here to apologize for causing me to lose my manager this morning." A male with piercing blue eyes who was only a few centimeters shorter than Bakugou, remarks, wearing an arrogant smirk.

"Fuck you." Bakugou grits out, and Izuku begins to wonder if a local McDon*ld's wasn't hiring, at this point, he was pretty sure it was better than this job.

"Wow, someone's particularly eloquent today, aren't ya?" The stranger then turns his gaze onto Midoriya, his grin widening. "So, this is the boy-toy the Internet's been shitting themselves over. He's awfully plain, don't you think you could've done better?"

Izuku ignored the insult, the actor wanted to piss him off, and Izuku wasn't to do him the courtesy of letting him. However, he couldn't control Kacchan's reaction to the jab.

Bakugou gripped the collar of the shorter male's shirt. "Get the fuck out of my sight."

The man forces Katsuki away from him and is about to say something before Midoriya obstructs him.

"I'm sorry, but who are you exactly?"

The stranger looks at Izuku as though he had been struck. "E-excuse me? Are you telling me you don't know who I am?"

"No, I'm just asking for your name to prolong this wondrous conversation," Midoriya mutters dryly, throwing caution to the wind.

"Now, you listen here, you little brat!" The blonde stomps over, his hand outstretched, clearly meaning to grab the greenette by the shirt.

Since he's coming at me, I could technically attack him, and it would be considered self-defense, right? Midoriya shrugs, I guess we'll find out.

Izuku grabs the blonde's arm and then whirls, sliding underneath the stranger's shoulder, and locking the actor's arm to his back.

"So, what's your name, then?" Midoriya asked, trying to sound casual- Like he wasn't pinning a man's arm to his back.

"M-Monoma Neito, you asshole!"

Bakugou didn't know what to make of the sight- A short male who looked as if he was barely an adult, holding one of Japan's top actors by the arm. This had to be one of the best days of his life, I mean, who wouldn't want to see their least favorite person on Earth bear such a petrified look on their faces?

Maybe today wasn't as fucked up as Katsuki had initially believed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.8K 1K 15
[COMPLETED] It has been nearly three years since you graduated from UA High. Now engaged and working as a successful Pro Hero, you couldn't have aske...
296 12 2
Yea, you read that right. BakuDeku fics for the win I love Angst and Pain feel free to make suggestions and I'll try to roll with it This series...
85.1K 3.2K 171
This book follows Akira Kiriya's experiences and encounters during her first year at UA high school. How will she fare with her new classmates at the...
6.2K 152 19
CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING Bakugo lives in an abusive environment. He never knew what love actually felt like as he had never even loved his parents. Bu...