Princess In Disguise

Por melisabigler

(Completed) Princess Amelia Cardston is put to a task by her parents. They want her to go to another kingdom... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 2

1.3K 49 1
Por melisabigler

A couple of hours later, Becky stopped at a gas station and nudged Amelia.

"I need to go pee, and fill the tank; you need to go to?"

"I had better," Amelia said.

The two girls got out and headed inside. Becky paid for the gasoline while Amelia walked into the bathroom. She was used to luxury, so going into a gas station bathroom was rather a shock. She never needed to stop at such places, because her family flew on their private jet everywhere. They never took road trips, so this was definitely new.

Amelia tried not to shudder at the thought of the germs on the seat. She put a layer of toilet paper on the seat, then sat down, trying to hurry. Was she going to survive living as a commoner? At least she would be in the palace, that was a plus.

Amelia finished her business then washed her hands, opening the door with a paper towel. Becky laughed at her when she saw her face. "Your face," she chuckled. "You've never used a gas station bathroom."

"No," Amelia hissed, "and I feel so contaminated."

Becky laughed again. "Some of them can be nasty, that is for sure. I'm going to go; then I'll meet you at the car."

"Okay," Amelia said, and headed outside, ignoring the gas station attendant who was watching Amelia with hungry eyes.

When Amelia walked outside, she frowned. Two men were just getting off motorcycles and had noticed Amelia.

They looked to be in their 30's if not older and were eyeing her like she was their next meal.

"Hey, babe," one of them said, smiling at her, showing yellow teeth.

Amelia tried not to shudder.

"What is a beauty like you doing here?" the other one asked. "We don't see too many pretty girls around here."

"Just passing through," Amelia said, backing up to the car. The door was locked, of course, it was.

"Hey, pretty girl, want a ride?" the first guy asked her.

"No."

"Well, that's too bad," he said, walking over to her and invading her space. "I thought you would like to see what I had to offer. I can give you the ride of a lifetime," he grinned lasciviously.

"Hey, bub, leave my friend alone," Becky said, walking out of the store.

"Oh, look, another beauty," the man smirked at his companion. "Just our luck, we can both have a girl."

"In your dreams," Amelia frowned.

"Oh, you will be dreaming about me babe," the man said.

"Becky," Amelia said, "remember that one time when we were faced with this same situation?"

Becky grinned. "Oh yes, I remember us giving the men the AB special."

"What does that mean?" the man asked.

"It's our initials, idiot," Becky sneered, walking over to the man who was furthest from Amelia. "Would you like to know what an AB special is?"

"Yes," the man purred. "I am sure it is something extra special."

"Oh, it is," Amelia grinned at the man in front of her.

"Ready, B?"

"Ready, A," Becky grinned.

"1, 2, 3," the girls said at the same time, then grabbed the men by their necks, and kneed them as hard as they could in the privates.

The men dropped to the ground in agony, as the girls opened the doors to the car, and getting in, Becky raced out of the parking lot.

"That was close," Becky whispered, her hands shaking on the wheel.

"I am just glad you showed up when you did. Those men were wanting to get frisky," Amelia said, letting out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding.

"Sorry, I had no idea that we would face creeps like that. Your parents will kill me if they find out."

"They will not. It will stay a secret."

"Good. I really am sorry, Amy."

"It is not a big deal," Amelia shrugged. "It has been a while since I have had to do the AB special, though."

"Yes, it has been years for me, too," Becky grinned. "Remember the first time we used it?"

"Yes. On my brother's idiot friends," Amelia laughed.

"They figured we would be easy targets," Becky grinned. "And you had just learned from your self-defense instructor how to take a guy down when he was trying to attack you, so you showed me how to do it, and we got to practice that very next day."

"Yes, I think my brother does not even talk to those guys anymore. He was so mad that they tried to attack us, thinking we would want to sleep with them. We were only 16, the losers. I cannot believe that they thought we were those kinds of girls."

"I know, but we taught them a valuable lesson," Becky snickered.

"Yes, we did," Amelia sighed. "Good times."

"Yep."

"How close are we?" Amelia then asked.

"About two hours away."

"Cool. What about food? As much fun as it is eating junk food, we need something better."

"There's this awesome little café about a half-hour away that we can stop at."

"Nice."

"Did your parents send you with some money? Not that I can't pay for your stuff, but well, we aren't as well to do as you are," Becky finished.

"Of course, I have money, silly. I have cash and a card with my mom's maiden name, so no one will figure out who I am."

"Cool," Becky said. "Tell me you brought some normal clothes, too? I can see you are wearing jeans, but what else do you have?"

"Well, I brought some skirts, blouses, a couple of dresses and casual stuff. Why?"

"Good. I didn't want you dressing too fancy and standing out."

Amelia laughed. "I hate dressing up, just to let you know. I rarely wear anything fancy unless my parents are hosting some sort of function."

"Did you bring at least one fancy dress?"

"I did not, but I figured that I could find one in a shop if I need to," Amelia shrugged. "Besides, it is not like I am going to be invited to any fancy ball."

"Well, technically you are," Becky laughed.

"Okay, you have me there, but my parents will come to that also and can bring me a fancy dress."

"And your tiara?"

"Yes, that also."

"Cool."

"I seriously do not want to stand out, Becky. That would defeat the purpose of me being here, right?"

"Yes, of course," she said. "So, quit talking so proper."

"I will try," Amelia sighed.

All of a sudden, a police car sped up behind them and flashed his lights at Becky's car.

"Uh oh," Becky said. "I wasn't speeding, I swear."

"Pull over, let's see what he wants," Amelia said, trying to work on her slang.

Becky nodded nervously and pulled onto the shoulder of the road.

The cop car pulled in behind them, and a well-built and handsome guy got out. He walked over to Amelia's side, and she rolled down her window. "Hello, officer," she said.

He smiled at her, pulling off his sunglasses. "Hello, young lady."

"Did we do something wrong, officer?" Becky asked.

The man leaned down so he could see Becky. "No, well, actually, I was given the description of your car and was told to stop you because the occupants had assaulted two men."

Becky and Amelia hid a smirk. "Do you ladies know anything about that?" the man grinned. The girls in the car sure were beauties, and he couldn't see them even hurting a soul.

"Was it two bikers?" Amelia asked the man.

"Yes, it was."

"Officer, can we tell you what really happened?" Amelia asked.

"Of course, enlighten me," he chuckled.

"We stopped to fill the car when those men pulled in right next to us," Amelia said, tears gathering in her eyes. "The two men approached me and told me that they wanted to have some fun with me. They were going to take me and assault me," Amelia whispered, as tears started down her face.

"They were?" the man growled, suddenly angry. He hated to see women cry, especially the beautiful and innocent ones.

"Yes, and then my cousin walked out of the store, and the men tried to attack her too," Amelia cried, "but when they came to grab us, we kneed them in the groin so we could escape."

"I see," the man frowned. "They claimed that you attacked them for no reason because you said they were dirty bikers."

"Does it look like we would attack someone just because?" Amelia cried. "We are just going to my cousin's house. I am going there for a visit."

"Well, young ladies, I am so sorry that this happened. Can I get you to fill out a form stating that those men tried to assault you?"

"Of course, officer," Becky nodded, looking at Amelia in concern. She had really broken down.

The officer went back to his car, and Amelia chuckled.

"What the hell?" Becky hissed at her.

"I had to make it look good. Besides, those men did try to assault us, and I needed to make the officer feel bad for us, right?"

Becky grinned. "You are so sneaky."

The officer came back with two forms. "If you young ladies would fill these out for me," the man said.

"Thank you, officer," Amelia whispered.

"Why didn't you call the cops when those men tried to hurt you?" he asked them.

"We were too scared," Amelia said. "We just wanted to get out of there. We figured they would come after us, so we ran."

"I see, well, if anything happens like that again, you call us, okay?" he told the girls.

"Of course," Amelia said, wiping at her tears.

The officer pulled out a card and handed it to Amelia. "Here is my personal number if you need anything," he said.

"Thank you, officer Brewen," Amelia sniffled, looking at his card.

"You can call me Kip," the man smiled softly at her.

"Thank you, Kip," Amelia said softly. She then filled out the form, adding in the description of the men, and what happened. The girls then handed the papers back to the officer.

"I will make sure those men are charged with assault," Officer Brewen promised.

"Thank you, Kip," Amelia smiled at him.

"No problem, Miss," he tipped his police hat at her. "You two take care and be careful around here. There are some not so nice people as you learned."

"Yes, of course," Amelia nodded.

"I hope to talk to you soon," the man then said, smiled at the girls then headed back to his car. Moments later, he pulled out and whipped around, heading back the way that he had come.

"I can't believe those losers would say that we assaulted them," Becky shook her head. "If I had been them, I would have been embarrassed to admit that they had their asses kicked by two girls."

Amelia laughed. "I know, right?"

Becky pulled out to the road then. "Wow, that was so weird, but that cop was extra hot."

"I know, right?" Amelia agreed. "He really was."

"And he gave you his personal number, that must mean something, right?"

"As if I am going to call him," Amelia said. "I can just see me calling him. "Yes, officer Kip, this is princess Amelia, would you like to go on a date?"

Becky smirked. "Why not? He was seriously hot."

"Yes, he was, but I don't think my parents would approve of me going out with a cop."

"Why not? You could marry him and make him King."

Amelia laughed. "He won't be king. My brother is next in line, not me unless Drew decides to abdicate the throne to me."

"Will he, though?"

"Only if he doesn't find a bride in the next year. That was my parents' stipulation. Get married this next year or give the throne to me."

"And if you aren't married?"

"I guess it goes to whoever gets married first. But then again, if I end up marrying a prince, I would take the throne in his kingdom, if he was the oldest or only child."

"True that, so I am sure your brother is hoping that, so he doesn't have to hurry to get married."

"Pretty much," Amelia grinned.

"You and your brother get along pretty well then?"

"We do. We are really close."

"That's good," Becky smiled.

"Oh, look, that little café," Becky said, turning on her signal and pulling into a parking lot. The lot was almost full.

"This place must be popular," Amelia mused.

"It is, but the food is excellent. Probably not as good as what you are used too, but it is pretty good."

"What, you don't have good food at the palace?"

"Well, we do, but it's not what the royal family eats. It is more simple food."

"Interesting."

"Yep, so come on, girl, let's go eat."

Amelia nodded and got out of the car, following her cousin inside.

"Find a table," a woman said, walking by with a platter of food.

Becky nodded, and the two girls headed to a corner booth. Amelia scooted in, Becky across from her.

A waitress walked by and handed the girls a couple of menus. "I'll be back to get your drink orders," she said, then hurried away.

"Wow, she must be busy," Becky said.

"Well, it looks like there are only two of them," Amelia nodded at the woman and another one. Both women were hurrying around the tables, taking orders, and delivering food.

"Must be good stuff," Amelia said, picking up her menu.

"It is," Becky assured, looking at her own menu.

"Hmm, they have very American food here," Amelia said.

"I know, that is why it is so popular. American food is awesome."

"So I have heard. I want to try the pizza. I have never had pizza before."

"It is great," Becky admitted, "but I love me a good hamburger and fries."

"Maybe you can give me a bite?"

"Of course," Becky grinned.

"What can I get you ladies to drink?" the woman asked the girls.

"Two Cokes," Becky said.

"Cokes?" Amelia asked.

"Believe me, they are great."

"Oh, I know what a Coke is, it's been a while since I had one. My parents won't let me drink soda, usually. I have to send someone out to sneak one in, if I am craving one," Amelia grinned.

"Well, girl, live it up. We don't get soda where we are going either," Becky said. "It's just water, sometimes we get wine with our food if the royal family is feeling benevolent enough to share."

"Wow, sounds crazy."

"Oh, it is," Becky assured her.

"Here girls, ready to order?" the woman asked, setting the drinks down.

"A pepperoni pizza for me," Amelia said.

"Loaded burger and fries for me," Becky said, "and add a caramel milkshake, and a cookies and cream milkshake to that order."

The woman nodded and bustled away.

"A milkshake?"

"You will love it," Becky assured. "It is milk, ice cream, and flavoring."

"Sounds interesting."

"It is heaven," Becky grinned.

Amelia looked around the café while they waited for their orders. It seemed very comfortable and relaxing. "If you like this place enough, we can come here whenever you want," Becky told Amelia.

"I would like that."

"Can you drive?" Becky then asked.

"I can, why?"

"Just curious, if you were allowed to do so."

"I am, but I don't unless I have too. My parents would prefer that I ride. It's not very becoming of my status to drive," Amelia snickered.

"Yes, I can see your parents saying that," Becky grinned.

"So, if you don't work, how come you have a car?" Amelia asked.

Becky smiled, glad that Amelia was trying to use slang.

"Well, as a Duchess, I have a bit of a stipend. Not much, but enough to pay for school and a vehicle."

"I see. You know that just makes the kingdom more in debt, right?"

Becky flushed. "I guess you have a point there. But what do you do about the Dukes and Duchess's in your kingdom?" Becky asked.

"Well, the Dukes and Duchesses aren't related to us, so we don't have to worry about paying them, and yes, we have cousins, but a lot of them work, or live in different kingdoms, like your family for instance."

"I see," Becky frowned. "You have made me sound like a total freeloader."

"Well, aren't you?" Amelia teased.

"Now you put it that way, I suppose so," she sighed, "as are my parents and my cousins."

"Well, I am sure that things won't change, so just go about doing your usual. It's not like I can put a stop to it," Amelia said.

"No, but now I feel guilty, but I'm not going to suggest to the queen that she start charging us for rent, because I know she would."

Amelia laughed, "Yes, I am sure she would. Anything to get more money, right?"

"Yes," Amelia sighed. "Maybe I should move in with you."

"No way. Then you would be freeloading off of me," Amelia teased.

"Well, what is the difference?" Becky grinned, "besides, in a way you are freeloading off the people, right?"

"No," Amelia shook her head. "Not at all. The taxes are low, everyone works who can, and my family comes from old money, so there is plenty because we don't spend every dime, and even if our kingdom was struggling, we would not raise the taxes, because we aren't like that."

Becky flushed. "You are right, I guess you just hit a nerve."

"I can see that," Amelia said. "But I tell the truth."

"Yes, you do," Becky sighed, "but not always. Remember that time that you told the neighbor boy that the circus was in town and you made him a fake ticket to go and see it?"

Amelia chuckled. "Yes, and then when he showed up to the place where this circus was, after having invited all of his friends, of course, it turned out to be an old outhouse."

Becky laughed. "That was hilarious. We pulled some pretty good stunts as kids."

"Yes, until you moved away," Amelia said.

"My parents wanted a change of scenery; besides, we can't live for free at your place."

Amelia stuck out her tongue at her cousin. "Spoiled brat."

"I am so not spoiled," Becky gasped.

"Yes, you are. You don't even work. I work harder than you do."

Becky blushed. "Okay, fine, you aren't spoiled, but how can I change now? I wouldn't know what to do."

"Your poor future husband. Let us hope he knows how to cook and clean."

"I'm going to hire a staff to do all of that," Becky said.

"With what money?" Amelia asked her.

"Well, I," she started.

"Just teasing you, cousin. You never know, maybe there is a big enough coffer that you and your cousins can live freely. It is nice of your aunt and uncle to accommodate you."

"Yes, I suppose it is," Becky said.

"Pizza, burger, fries, and shakes," the waitress said, laying the food down.

"Thank you," Amelia told the woman.

"No problem," she replied, then walked away.

"Try the pizza," Becky said, "you are going to love it."

Amelia picked up a piece of the warm pizza and took a bite, moaning as she did so. "Wow, this is so good."

"I told you so," Becky laughed. "Now, take a bite of my burger."

Amelia did as told and sighed in happiness. "That is so good too."

"I know, right?"

"I do want to come here often."

"Good, and I am glad to see that you aren't eating like a proper young lady," Becky lowered her voice. "I can just see you cutting up your food with a knife and fork."

Amelia blushed. "I was going too, but then I saw that everyone else was just using their hands."

"That is what we do with American fast food," Becky grinned. "Now, try a French fry."

Amelia took it and bit into it.

"Wow, a fried potato. That is also good."

"I know, how have you not tried this before?"

"Well, as I said, it is so rare that I get junk food, and yet, Cheesies are my favorite."

"Have you had potato chips, though?"

"No, what are those?"

"Fried thin potatoes, seasoned and packaged. Sorry, I should have grabbed some for you, but I will make sure you try those."

"Cool," Amelia grinned as she ate. "I am going to get so fat if I keep eating stuff like this."

Becky laughed. "You couldn't get fat if you tried."

"Thanks, cousin," Amelia grinned, "and I am sorry that I got after you."

"Don't worry about it. It's water under the bridge, but let's drop the subject, okay?"

"Sure," Amelia nodded.

The girls finished their meal a few minutes later and headed to the counter to pay.

"I'll get it," Amelia said, pulling out her wallet.

"Are you sure?" Becky asked.

"Of course. You are driving, so this is my treat."

"Okay, thanks, Amy."

"No problem."

"That will be $20.00," the woman at the register said.

Amelia pulled out the money and handed it to her, then another $20. "Will you give this to our waitress?"

"Of course, thank you," the woman smiled gratefully.

"No, thank you. The food was excellent," Amelia said. "Compliments to your cook."

The woman grinned proudly. "That would be my husband. He and I own this little place."

"Well, it was worth coming here, ma'am. We will return," Amelia assured her.

"I do hope so. It isn't too often we get such well mannered young people in here," she smiled. "Most of them are so rude and demanding. Your parents must have brought you up the right way."

"I like to think so," Amelia grinned and then pulled out a $50 bill and handed it to the woman. "That is for you, as a thank you."

"Why?"

"Because people like you are rare also," Amelia grinned, then nodding at Becky, they left the café.

"Wow, that was nice of you," Becky said to Amelia as they got into the car.

"She deserved it, though. She was very nice."

"Yes, she was," Becky agreed, and pulled out of the parking lot.

"I don't think I need to eat for a year after that," Amelia laughed.

"I know, but it was so good, I couldn't stop eating."

"Same here. Who knew that greasy pizza would taste so good."

"I hear you, dear cousin," Becky laughed.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

80 1 10
In the midst of a longstanding war between the kingdoms of Han and Xiongnu, a fragile peace is brokered through an unlikely alliance: a marriage betw...
1.3M 68.4K 63
*Book 2 in the Soulmates Series* After Malekh's startling revelation about the deal he'd made with Ashton, Elizabeth's blossoming relationship seems...
6.3K 311 22
Just seventeen, Keira is not eager to decide the rest of her life, but as usual, she will not have much choice. She has always known she would have...
597 41 18
Edit: THIS IS ONE OF MY OLDER BOOKS SO IT'S MOST LIKELY GOING TO HAVE TERRIBLE GRAMMER... JUST WARNING YOU 😂 Alexandra Campbell, or as she's known a...