Son of Fire

By DatRagnorak

The Isle of the Lost is home to many villains, and their children. But with a bunch of deadbeat parents, ther... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten
New Cover!
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twleve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifthteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Ninteen.
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One.
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight.
Chapter Twenty Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three.
Chapter Thirty Four.
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six.
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine.
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four.
Chapter Forty Five.
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven.
Chapter Forty Eight.
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One.
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five.
Chapter Fifty Six.
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty.
Chapter Sixty One.
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three.
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five.
Chapter Sixty Six.
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy.
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Three.
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five.
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
New Cover!
Chapter Seventy Eight
Chapter Seventy Nine.
Chapter Eighty.
Chapter Eighty One
Chapter Eighty Two.
Chapter Eighty Three.
On Hold
Chapter Eighty Four.
Chapter Eight Five
Chapter Eighty Six
Chapter Eighty Seven
Chapter Eighty Eight
A/N
Chapter Eight Nine
Chapter Ninety.
Chapter Ninety One.
Chapter Ninety Two.
Chapter Ninety Three.
Chapter Ninety Four.
Chapter Ninety Five.
Chapter Ninety Six
Chapter Ninety Seven
Chapter Ninety Eight
Chapter Ninety Nine
Chapter One Hundred.
Chapter One Hundred and One
Chapter One Hundred and Two
Chapter One Hundred and Three
Chapter One Hundred and Four.
Chapter One Hundred and Five.
Chapter One Hundred and Six.
Chapter One Hundred and Seven
Authors Note.
Children of Fire & more Cast
Chapter Hundred and Six
Chapter One Hundred and Seven
Chapter One Hundred and Eight
Chapter One Hundred and Nine
Chapter One Hundred and Ten
Chapter One Hundred and Eleven
Chapter One Hundred and Twelve.
Chapter One Hundred and Thirteen
Chapter One Hundred and Fourteen
Chapter One Hundred and Fifteen
Chapter One Hundred and Sixteen
Chapter One Hundred and Seventeen
Chapter One Hundred and Eighteen
Chapter One Hundred and Nineteen
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty

Chapter Seventy Two

301 8 2
By DatRagnorak

As the group rally towards the city where Chad and Carlos were helping, they could feel the battle falling. It was as if a darkness was falling upon everyone. But it wasn't a darkness. It was fear.

"We have to move quick!" Josh yells as he sends a bolt of fire towards an advancing enemy. Before bringing his sword and pulling it straight through his waist.

"We aren't far!" Jenna yells as she dodges a blade being sent towards her head, before forming an icicle in her hand and forcing it into attackers leg, Evie quickly grabbing his neck and snapping it before letting go of the body. And as they came up to the peak of the small hill, the city could be seen. But something was hovering over it. Something that shocked everyone par Mal.

"Josh, Get on!" Mal yells as her eyes emits a green glow as a most surrounds her, and out of the most a purple dragon steps out. Josh nods as he leaps on.

"Get to the city! We will hold off the Dragon!" He yells as Mals Wings spread and wind bashes against the ground as Mal and Josh take off.

"Harry! You're going to need a proper sword" Josh yells as he chucks down his sword, givi g Harry a wink before the two fly off into the Sky. Harry looks down at the sword and smirks as he nods.

"Why are we all standin' around. Let's go!" He exclaims as the group charge down to the City.

"Mal, I hope you know what you're doing" Josh mutters as they approach the city, feeling the hot air bashing against his face. His eyes glow bright as his hand erupts into flames, with his other supporting himself on Mals back. Within moments they were close to th eother dragon, and aan with a helmet with large dragon teeth on either side clock's them. His dragon twirls to face Mal who opens her mouth and a cascade of green flames blast out of her mouth. The other Dragon jolts left to dodge the attack as Mal swoops by, Josh sending a barrage of flames towards, which it dodges gracefully before flying straight up and spinning around and chases Mal.

"We've definitely got its attention"Josh says as he looks back.

'I really hope this works' Mals voice echoes in Josh's head and he raises his eyebrow at her.

"You HOPE" He exclaims before Mal swoops down, heading straight to the land below. Her wings tucked in as their velocity increases. Josh barely manages to hold. "Oh this is going to hurt" Josh sighs as the land below is only a few feet away before a spiral of green mist surrounds them and within a moment, he lands on his feet. And Mal had turned back to her Human form and rolls out of the way.

"Now!" She yells. Even though she gave him no direction, he knew exactly what he had to do. He steps forward as he feels his power surge through his body. Allowing himself to feel every emotional. Fear. Love. Hatred, compassion. Any feeling he could muster he channeled it into his power. And as he feels it press against his skin, he let's the power go. And from his hand flames flow from his hand with intensity. The flames crackled around him as he steps forward, energy flowing from his eyes as they were completely engulfed by an orange glow, like the center of a fire. And without even moving his hands, he directs it towards the coming Dragon. And it soars through the sky, spiraling gracefully through the air as it wraps around the dragon. Pain filled roars can be heard as the dragon is engulfed in the flames.abd with his mind, Josh condenses the flames and it begins to shrink into a concentrated ball. And within moments, it was as small as a tennis ball. But the Dragon was no longer there.

"Let go!" Mal yells and Josh does so. And the small fire ball explodes, the dark clouds of smoke ignite with the flames as it spreads across the sky. Within an instant the flame dissipates but the clear sky above can now be seen. The sun shining through as the fire around Josh subsides, causing him to stagger before dropping to his knees. Mal rushes over to help him up.

"I... Knew you could do it." She says softly as she grabs his face to inspect him.

"I'm going to feel that in the morning" Josh groans as he stands up straight, and Mal let's out a soft laugh.

"Let's go help the others. What we just did won't go unnoticed" Mal says and Josh nods as they run towards the entrance of the city.

***

As the two enter the city, they could see the horror the Dragon Empire had caused. Buildings collapsed with flames still burning. Peoples face striken with fear with blood smeared across their faces.

"Are you from Auradon?" A guard asks as he runs towards them. The two nod and he indicates to follow them, and they do. They quickly approach a stone building. A church of some kind and as they enter, they saw their friends. Who surrounded Uma who was laid on the floor, clutching her leg. The leather arond her left shin was covered in blood, with a hole in them.

"Uma!" The two yell as they run over.

"Quit being so dramatic. Its just a flesh wound" Uma jokes, but it was obvious how much it was hurting her.

"What happened?" Mal asked as she kneeled down to Uma, grabbing her hand squeezing it. Flashing a small smile to her.

"We had them pushing the north gate. We all held them back as the people evacuated to the south here. But Uma got overrun. We only just managed to get to her, but not before she was struck with an arrow" Carlos explains as he nods to the arrow cast aside to their left. "I stopped the bleeding and nothing was luckily damaged. But Uma can't fight anymore." He adds.

"None of us can. The battle is lost." Harry states. "We need to find Audrey and get back to Auradon. Take as many civilians as we can."

"We still have thousands of people who need our help!" Evie yells.

"Even I know we can't save them all." Jenna says solemnly. "We've saved who we can. We need to leave."

"How can you say that! These are your people!" Chad exclaims.

"Because I know my role! I know that I am meant to stop my father. And I cannot fall here. I wish we could save everyone, but we can't. We need to move." She answers.

"She's right, Eve." Anna says softly. "We've done what we can. But for the sake of everywhere else, we need to go. And now." Anna states and Evie nods. Josh walks over and picks Uma up, her arm draping around his shoulders.

"What will Audrey think" She jokes, but flashes a appreciative smile and the group head off back to the camp.

**

Within the hour they had reached the camp, where hundreds of soldiers scurried around, most heading for the front lines. The group thread through till they find Audrey, who had just reappeared as she stepped out of a flurry of pink mist.

"Audrey!" Josh yells as he runs towards her but he is stopped by a fire  exploding in front of him, causing him to stagger back. He looks up to see a Dragon hovering above them. And the Rider was someone he recognises all too well.

"Ah, my children. What a pleasure to see you here" He grins as he jumps off the Dragon and lands on the ground. "Were you trying to leave without saying hello to your dear old father?"

"You bastard!" Jenna yells as she send a blizzard of ice towards him, but he just walks through it.

"My dear child. You really think that your powers are any match to mine? You are simply an echo compared to me." He states.

"Not what this prophecy says" Mal steps up, facing the king down directly. His eyes narrow as he scans Mal.

"You seem... Familiar" He states. Surrounding them now was Arcadia Soliders, obviously itching to attack.

"I wouldn't attack if I was you. My Dragon would vaporise you all within moments." He warns, not even looking up. "So, I'm going to raze Arcadia to the ground. But I offer a place in my empire to you all. Join my empire. And you will all live for a higher purpose. To serve me" He states.

"Never!" Arccan yells as he steps forward. "Arcadia will never serve you. You will not taint my land with your poison!"

"What a foolish choice" He sighs as within an instant, a flame erupts from his hand and heads towards Arccan.

"No!" Audrey yells as she extends her hand and jolts it sidewards, the flame pulled through the air as it strikes a nearby tent. The Dragon Kings eyes flick to her and smile.

"Ah, yes. You. The unknown. I am curious about you. But not enough to let you live. I gave you all a chance. Now you will burn to the Dragons Inferno" He states as he raises his hands, and from the coast, a massive group of Dragons begin to fly towards the land, which quickly is engulfed in flames, emkited by the armada of dragons flying towards them.

"You will not harm anyone else!" Audrey yells as a blinding pink light engulfs the land.

So, cliffhanger! What do you think has happened? I had so much fun writing this chapter, possibly my favourite to write out of all of them.

Also I want to take this time to thank you all. Your support for this story is amazing, seeing people vote for it makes me incredibly happy. And if you have any suggestions or comments, don't be afraid to lesve them! I will heavily consider it as I bet you all have some ideas of where you want this to go. And I want to incorporate all of you into the story!

But for real, thank you for the support. It means the world and its got me through a lot of writers blocks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 979 15
-Book 1 in Descendants Series- After the villains are banished to an island, known as The Isle Of The Lost, time has passed and the villains, along...
100K 2K 24
As soon-to-be King. Ben makes his first proclamation, to bring five kids from the Isle of the Lost to Auradon. Chosen among the five teens for the Is...
127 1 5
Mal, Evie, Isla, Carlos and Jay try to adjust to life in Auradon, but Mal becomes overwhelmed with pressure and returns to her roots. Disclaimer: I d...
245K 4.9K 15
You are (y/n) beast, daughter of King Adam and Queen Belle, twin sister of Prince Ben. You and your brother invited four vks over to Auradon Prep. Wh...