Re:Zero Cast Watching Natsuki...

By GoldenFang17

After being transported into another world, Natsuki Subaru has gone through all kinds of pain and died many t... More

An Unwelcome Chamber
I. The End of the Beginning and Beginning of the End
II. Reunion with The Witch
III. Starting Life from Zero in Another World
IV. Harmony of the Roswaal Mansion
V. The Morning of Our Promise is Still Distant
VI. The Sound of Chains
VII. Natsuki Subaru's RESTART
VIII. I Cried, Cried My Lungs Out, and Stopped Crying
IX. The Meaning of Courage
X. Demoniacally Possessed Methods
XI. Rem
XIII. Self-Proclaimed Knight Natsuki Subaru
XIV. The Sickness Called Despair
XV. The Face of Madness
XVI. The Greed of a Pig
XVII. Disgrace in the Extreme
XVIII. From Zero
XIX. Battle Against the White Whale
XX. Wilhelm van Astrea
XXI. A Gamble that Defies Despair
XXII. A Flash of Sloth
XXIII. Nefarious Sloth
XXIV. The Self-Proclaimed Knight and the Greatest Knight
XXV. That's All This Story is About
Into the Future
XXVI. Each One's Promise
XXVII. The Next Location
XXVIII. The Long-Awaited Reunion
XXIX. Parent and Child
XXX. A Step Forward
XXXI. The Maiden's Gospel
XXXII. Friend
XXXIII. The Value of Life
XXXIV. Love Love Love Love Love Love You
XXXV. I know Hell
XXXVI. The Taste of Death
XXXVII. The Witches' Tea Party
XXXVIII. The Sounds That Make You Want to Cry
XXXIX. Straight Bet.
XL. Otto Suwen/A Reason to Believe
No One Can Lift a Quain Stone Alone

XII. Return to the Capital

10K 131 162
By GoldenFang17

"Okay, finally... Victory!" Subaru exclaimed.

"Victory!" The villagers responded as they are doing their calisthenics once again. Emilia can be seen standing in the shadow of a store and wearing a hoodie with cat ears on it.

"Oh boy, he is doing those exercises once again." Kadomon said.

"They should be doing that kind of thing to forget what happened to them last time." Ram said.

"And why is Emilia wearing that kind of thing?" Felt asked.

"Just watch the episode, Felt." Old Man Rom.

"All right, line up!" Subaru said on the kids.

"Yay!" The kids replied as they quickly form a line.

"Time for your stamps! Okay, who's first?" Subaru asked as he puts a "kitty" stamp on every kid's paper.

"The kitty's so cute!"

"The kitty's awesome!"

"The kitty's so sad!"

"Is it me that I saw myself on that stamp or not?" Puck asked and the kids laughed at him.

"Yeah, it really looks like you!" Petra said.

"And hey, Mildo, I don't think I look so sad at that one." Puck said.

"Oh, isn't it? My bad." Mildo said.

"Looks like the villagers are full of life again. Thanks to you, Subaru." Emilia said.

"Well, I did put my life on the line to save them. I went into the forest and got chewed on by dogs to save the kids, got chewed on some more when I tried to save Rem after she turned into a demon, then Roswaal saved me right as I was about to become a giant dog's chew toy... Wait... Did I actually do anything?

"Honestly, there's no need to fuss over the small details! There are people who know the full truth. That includes Roswaal and Ram. And especially, Rem. And of course, I do." Emilia said with her smile, making Subaru blush.

"Still doubting on what he did? Come on, Subaru. You boosted everyone's morale, including Rem who fell in love with you!" Ricardo said.

"H-Hey!" Rem uttered in embarrassment.

"Why? Isn't it true, Rem?" Anastasia teasingly asked.

"E-Even you too, Anastasia sama?" Rem asked.

"But sad to hear now that Subaru has--" Priscilla was stopped as Rem and Emilia glared at her with their angry looks.

"You shouldn't speak more, my lady. Or else you'll get yourself into trouble." Al sighed.

"A dragon carriage?" Subaru asked as the two finally came back from the village.

"Please forgive me for parking in front of your mansion." An old man wearing a formal attire said. Emilia and Subaru looked at each other as they see a dragon carriage and the man greeting them.

"This is Wilhelm's first appearance, which means, all of us will be seen here as well?" Crusch asked.

"Indeed! And we are near at the time where you'll see Subaru's worst personality of all! Fufufufu!" Scorpio said.

"Worst... personality?" Emilia asked.

"What do you mean?" Rem asked.

"And I wonder if what will they react if Emilia scolds him and he gets crazy after." Katsuki said.

"Shut your exploding tongue! Someone might hear you!" Inosuke yelled.

"Shut up also!" Katsuki yelled back.

"An emissary is visiting from the capital. Roswaal-sama is attending to them now. Please join him, Emilia-sama." Ram said.

"An emissary?" Emilia asked.

"I believe it concerns the royal selection." Ram replied, making Emilia look at her with a blank face.

"All right. Given the circumstances, I'll try not to do anything stupid." Subaru said while stretching himself.

"Um, I'm really sorry, Subaru, but this will be a very important discussion." Emilia said as the two now leave Subaru. He now approached the old man who cleans the dragon carriage with a friendly grin.

"Aren't you bored waiting out here?" Subaru asked while offering the old man a tea.

"Well, in Subaru's world, when there is a visitor waiting from the outside, they usually offer them something to eat or drink for them not to feel that they are left behind. And I believe you royalties must have that manner." Madara said.

"I don't know if we do." Anastasia said.

"Same to us either." Crusch added.

"We--" Priscilla was stopped by Katsuki.

"We don't need your opinion, you really won't entertain your visitors with manners, I suppose." Katsuki said.

"Tch. Annoying bastard." Priscilla uttered.

"What did you say?!" Katsuki angrily asked.

"Now, now. GET OVER HERE!!!" Scorpio exclaimed as his pinchers lifted Priscilla from her seat and now hangs her on the ceiling with her dress ripped.

"H-Hey! P-Please help me!" Priscilla cried.

"I told you. But did you listen? Noooooo." Al whispered to himself and facepalms.

"She deserves that... I guess?" Anastasia chuckled.

"I'll just drop her when she makes her appearance in this episode." Scorpio said.

"Please! I beg you, bring me down!" Priscilla cried.

"It tastes lovely. I feel as though I'm indulging in a great luxury." The old man said.

"No kidding. It's the most expensive tea in the mansion. If the pink-haired maid finds out we drank it without permission, she'll flip." Subaru said.

"Eh?! Barusu..." Ram angrily muttered as everyone laughed at her.

"It's fiiiiine. At least we have shown to everyone that we have manners towards our visitors. Right, Priscillaaaaa?" Roswaal asked.

"Shut up! Let me go off this ceiling!" Priscilla cried.

'You deserve that!' The villagers thought.

"And what is it you hope to gain from buttering up this old man with such precious bait?" The old man asked.

"I only want to know the reason for this visit. If you could just pass me a tiny little hint..." Subaru said.

"As I have no idea what your standing is in this mansion, I cannot afford to speak carelessly. I beg your understanding." The old man said, making Subaru feel down.

"However, I did see that you are quite close to Emilia-sama." The old man added.

"Did it look like things were serious between Emilia-tan and me?!" Subaru asked in his laughing and weird manner.

"Tan"? It is a steep path you climb. You are chasing after someone who may very well be Lugunica's future queen." The old man said.

"Right now, we're just a super cute girl and a useless servant boy. I bet your wife was the prettiest girl in the world to you. Isn't that what you thought when you proposed to her?" Subaru asked.

"My wife... I understand. You are very correct. I believed my wife is the most beautiful lady in the world." The old man said.

"Subaru-dono really got me there." Wilhelm said.

"Of course he is Subaru after all. He knows everything that will make you fall to his schemes." Reinhard said.

"Such a tricky guy!" Felt said.

"I'm back, Old Man Wil! Sorry, you had to wait out here. I bet you were bored, huh?" A man dressed in a female's attire asked. (He's a trap, you know. XD)

"And here he is, the trap of all ages!" Inosuke yelled.

"Trap?!" Ferris said.

"We really thought of you as a woman, but you aren't. So we decided to call you a trap. Because you might fool someone that you are a woman!" Katsuki yelled.

"Am I? Forgive me them if I a male, you knyow!" Ferris said.

"I also see him as a woman. My eyes are deceived once again!" One villager said and everyone laughed at him.

"Not at all. This young man here has been keeping me company." The old man said. The girl-looking male now approached Subaru and looked around in his body.

"Ah, nyow I see. That makes sense. You must be the boy Emilia-sama mentioned." The male said.

"Emilia did?" Subaru asked.

"I guess you know nyothing at all, huh? Let's go, Old Man Wil. See you in the capital." The girl-looking male said.

"Just so you know, we aren't going for fun. I received an important summon." Emilia said.

"If it's important, all the more reason! It's related to the royal selection, right? I want to be there for you! Please!" Subaru pleaded.

"It seems there are people in the capital who helped Subaru-kun. This may be a good opportunity for him to thank them." Rem said.

"Nice assist, Rem! That's right! Some people in the capital helped me. I need to let them know I'm okay." Subaru said while patting Rem's head who blushed at him.

"This is where Subaru shows his immature act towards everyone." Inosuke said.

"Immature?" Emilia asked. She remembers what happened to Subaru before and this made her realize it.

"Y-You mean..." Emilia uttered.

"Yeah! Just let the screen tell you all about it." Katsuki said.

"Immature? Ho, I think I have some memories of him being immature against me from before!" Priscilla smirked while fixing herself in the ceiling.

"What did you say?!" Rem angrily asked but was stopped by Scorpio.

"Yes, Rem. Something happened to them before, that you'll know soon." Scorpio said.

"I don't see why not. That can be kept separate from our royal selection business. Subaru-kun should go to the capital to thank everyone, as well as to receive treatment." Roswaal said.

"Huh? Treatment?" Subaru asked.

"You overused your already-exhausted gate in the witchfiend battle. Treatment to tend that wound. You met the emissary earlier, did you not?" Roswaal said.

"The cutesy-face with the cat ears?" Subaru asked.

"That was one of the capital's most brilliant users of water magic, as well as healing magic. But that comes with its share of eccentricities. Even Emilia-sama had difficulty winning over that brilliance." Roswaal said.

"Hey..." Emilia uttered.

"Really, Emilia-tan? You did that for me?" Subaru asked.

"W-Well, it's partly my fault that you haven't healed yet. So you could say I'm repaying a debt. It's compensation equal to what you gave up!" Emilia defended.

"Lia got embarrassed out there." Puck teased.

"Hey!" Emilia said.

"Don't worry, I just did my work out there, Emilia-sama!" Ferris said.

"See? There's nothing to wooooooorry about." Roswaal said.

"Since Barusu isn't with us." Ram said, breaking the mood.

'Oh, crap.' Ram thought.

"I'm surprised you were talking with that boy. I thought you more likely to chop people in half than talk to them." The girl-looking male said.

"That is a grave misunderstanding. I merely took a bit of a liking to that young man's eyes. Those are the eyes of a man well-versed with death." The old man said.

"Hmm, you've lost me nyow. But if Wilhelm van Astrea, the Sword Demon, says it, I'm sure that boy travels quite a bumpy road." The girl-looking male said.

"You know, Emilia-tan... Maybe we should stop this?" Subaru asked as his hand is tightly held by Emilia to prevent him from fooling around.

"Absolutely not! I know you. The moment I look away, you'll be doing something crazy." Emilia said.

'Oh, man! I'm seriously moved! I'm totally fantasying right now, baby!' Subaru yelled in a flashback from earlier.

'Subaru-kun is cute.' Rem said.

'Fantasy world rul--' Subaru was stopped as he got pulled behind and now got dragged by the carriage.

'Subaru!' Emilia yelled.

"I'm really sorry for that. But this is treating me like a kid!" Subaru said.

"Well, you really act like a kid." Julius sighed.

"You can't blame his personality." Emilia added.

"That's Subaru for you all!" Ferris said.

"Even though you wanted to hold hands on our date in the village?" Emilia asked.

"I was physically and mentally prepared for that. This time, I'm not. My hand's sweating like crazy!" Subaru said.

"Would you two quit with the flirting already? You're gonna drive away my customers." Kadomon said from behind.

"That's what I get for coming to make good on my promise? That's cold, man..." Subaru said.

"Well, I appreciate that you felt obliged to shop, now that you're not broke anymore. Here are the appas I promised." Kadomon said as he gives Subaru a bag of appas.

"Next, it's Felt and Old Man Rom." Subaru said.

"I thought we'd wrapped things up cleanly the first time. But then Reinhard's expression went dark, and he took the girl away." Emilia said.

"That makes it sound like kidnapping, or an abduction and confinement. Hot guys sure get special treatment..." Subaru uttered.

"Yeah! That looks like kidnapping for me!" Old Man Rom yelled.

"C-Calm down, Old Man Rom. I didn't really mean to take Felt away from you!" Reinhard said.

"But still, you took me away like I was kidnapped!" Felt said.

"If we want to contact Reinhard, we should probably go to the guard station in front of the Nobles' Quarter." Emilia said.

"Emilia-tan, about the royal selection that begins tomorrow..." Subaru uttered.

"Subaru, what did I tell you? I brought you here to fulfill your promises and to get you healed. You don't have to worry about me." Emilia said. Subaru looked at her with a sad face. The two now arrived at the outside gate of the capital as a man wearing a white cape which is known to be a uniform for a knight and has a light-purple haired slowly walking towards them.

"Well, if it isn't Emilia-sama. It's good to see you again. Have you been well since we last met?" The man asked.

"Yes, everything is basically the same. You also seem well, Julius." Emilia said on the man named Julius.

"This is also my first appearance as well." Julius said.

"And in this one, you just felt something strange from Subaru." Scorpio chuckled.

"Yeah. Which he really made his image a foolish one." Julius said.

"You have only grown more beautiful, Emilia-sama." Julius said as he kisses Emilia's hand, which made Subaru look shocked and jealous.

"Thank you. Forgive me for asking so abruptly, but I have business here, and I'd like you yo act as my agent in the castle." Emilia said.

"Look at Subaru, twitching like crazy." Reinhard chuckled.

"He is definitely jealous right now on what Julius did!" Ferris added.

"And this is where his mental breakdown begins. Fufufufu!" Scorpio exclaimed.

Julius now looked at Subaru who's gnarling on what he just saw right now.

"His character and attitude poorly suit his attire. That's no way to act before one you've just met." Julius said.

"Thanks for the warning! I've got a warning of my own for you. You shouldn't eat curry udon in that suit. If the soup splatters, the stains will really stand out." Subaru said sarcastically.

"Curry udon?" Julius asked.

"Here." Madara said as a bowl of curry udon appeared in front of Julius and he tastes it.

"Hmmm! It's delicious!" Julius exclaimed.

"Be careful eating that one or you'll stain your suit." Ferris said.

"Oh right. Like what Subaru said." Julius chuckled.

"I don't know what "curry udon" is, but I shall keep that in mind. Now, allow me to show you to the conference mirrors." Julius said and now walks inside.

"Conference mirrors?" Subaru asked.

"A metia that facilitates talking with someone, using two mirrors facing one another." Emilia replied.

"Ah, mirrors... How very magical." Subaru said as he starts to go.

"Subaru, wait here." Emilia said.

"Huh?" Subaru asked.

"I don't think it would be a pleasant experience for you." Emilia said while looking at the guards.

"I've already had an experience as unpleasant as it gets. That bastard, licking all over your cute, little hand as if he owned it..." Subaru angrily muttered.

"I'll try not to let things drag on too long. Be good and wait, okay? Please?" Emilia said. Subaru now can be seen sitting beside the road while carriages ran in front of him.

"Aw! Poor bastard, being left alone in the street!" Priscilla said.

"I just want him not to cause any foolishness in the capital, or to our business in there." Emilia said.

"Don't worry, we assure you that he won't fool at you guys again." Inosuke said.

"Right now, I miss his foolishness and his crazy personality." Emilia said.

"He's not crazy, more of an idiot, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"You are just too harsh on him! That's why we won't let you see him again! Fufufufu!" Scorpio said.

"See? It's all your fault, Emilia-sama, Beatrice-sama." Roswaal said

"Eh?! Me?!" Emilia yelled.

"I look so pathetic." Subaru uttered. He saw a woman getting dragged away in a narrow area.

"Right in front of the guard station? Now that's bold. "The darkest place is under the candlestick," I guess." Subaru uttered.

"You little..."

"Don't screw around with us!"

"Want us to mess up with that pretty face of yours?"

"Don't make such a racket, commoners. Fools with no character pick fights for the most foolish of reasons..." A woman with orange hair said.

"Sorry I'm late, honey! It appears there's been a bit of trouble. But I'm here now, so please cut me some slack. Now, let's go." Subaru suddenly interfered as he acted like he knew the woman.

Priscilla now fell from the ceiling after seeing herself in her first appearance. And no one was there to catch her.

"Ow! Al, why you didn't catch me?!" Priscilla angrily asked.

"My butt says that I shouldn't waste my energy to catch someone like you." Al said.

"How dare you--" Priscilla was stopped as she heard Scorpio's pinchers clipping so hard.

'I just want to watch this in a peaceful way.' Priscilla thought.

"Do not touch me so familiarly!" The girl yelled as she swipes Subaru away to the wall.

"Cliffhanger..." Subaru uttered.

"How dare you swipe Subaru away after he tried to help you...?" Rem coldly asked.

"That's not my fault! He deserves that!" Priscilla said.

"Hey! Did you listened?! She said why did you hurt Subaru if he just wanted to help you?!" Inosuke angrily yelled.

"Because I thought he was another commoner at that time! I'm sorry if I hurt him!" Priscilla cried.

"For fuck's sake." Inosuke uttered and now bashes his hands, making everyone fear him.

'Inosuke can't take the shit of Priscilla.' Madara thought.

'Fufufufu! Does this mean we'll see a flying head later on?!' Scorpio thought.

'Someone should start their prayers, I guess.' Katsuki thought.

"I don't want drooling commoners to follow me around." The woman said while covering her face with a fan.

"Read between the lines a bit, will you!? It was supposed to be a classic scenario where I save a girl from hoodlums! Wait, no way. Are you three the capital's only hoodlums?" Subaru asked.

"We met this guy in the alley behind the shopping district." The huge thug said.

"It's the brat from back then?" The blade thug said.

"So, for my sake, could you just let us--" Subaru was stopped by the smaller thug.

"Are you dumb? This just makes it three on two, instead of three on one." The smaller thug said.

"You should correct that. It isn't three on two, but three on one on one." The woman said.

"Would you be quiet for a second!?" Subaru yelled.

'Looks like I have no choice. This is the last trick I wanted to use, but...'

"Just sayin', me and Reinhard-san are pretty close, y'know? One small word from me, and he'll be here in a flash." Subaru said.

'Secret Technique: Fox in Tiger's Clothing.' Subaru thought. Old Man Rom can be seen standing behind Subaru and sees the commotion.

"Been a while since I've seen you. What're ya doing here?" Old Man Rom asked.

"Old Man Rom!" Subaru said as he sees the old man once again.

"It's Old Man Rom!" Felt exclaimed.

"Thanks to me, I saved that boy and that witch's asses, or else, they might end up dead from those thugs." Old Man Rom said.

"Like hell, I need your assistance, you ugly mess." Priscilla scoffed.

"Hey! My lady, please calm down." Al nervously warned.

"Why though?" Priscilla asked in annoyance as they look at Inosuke with his terrifying aura.

'Oh shit.' Priscilla thought.

"Damn you! We'll make you regret this!" The thugs cried and now ran away.

"Nice save, Old Man Rom. I doubt this girl and I could've handled that alone." Subaru said.

"Make no mistake. Even without you two, I was in no trouble." The woman said.

"Say what? "I didn't need your help. I'm super strong! I was doing just fine!" Something like that?" Subaru asked.

"No. This world is designed to operate in the way that works best for me, so I am never at a disadvantage." The woman said.

"R-Really? Well, I shouldn't have butted in, then. Sorry to interfere!" Subaru said on the woman.

"By the way, boy, you know where Felt went off to?" Old Man Rom asked.

"You didn't hear? Apparently, Reinhard took her away." Subaru replied.

"Reinhard... It had to be an Astrea, eh?" Old Man Rom uttered.

"Something wrong?" Subaru asked.

"Nah, just talkin' to myself. You try not to cause any more trouble, ya hear?" Old Man Rom said and now walks away.

"S-Sure." Subaru replied.

"I'm sorry if I took away Felt without you knowing it." Reinhard said.

"It's fine. But better tell me next time that ya'll get her away from me. Such poor of me if no one comes to my home." Old Man Rom said.

"Awww. Don't worry Old Man! I will still visit you even if I'm in this situation where Reinhard brought me!" Felt said loudly while looking at Reinhard.

"Wh-What's with that loud yell?" Reinhard nervously asked.

"I finally found you!" Emilia said as she found Subaru.

"Oh, Emilia-- Wait, wait, wait! You can't just pick up Emilia-tan while I'm away!" Subaru yelled on a man with the helm whose standing beside Emilia.

"Seems your buddy's got a screw loose, little lady. More worried about losing you yo another man than happy to see you. A man's heart is so complex, it's a thrill to watch." The man said.

"You've got a pretty messed-up fashion sense of your own!" Subaru mockingly said.

"Now, that's no way to talk to someone. As I'm a cool, good-natured man, I'll overlook it. But some might lop off your head for that." The man said while closing his face towards Subaru.

"Relax, Subaru. His outfit surprised me too." Emilia said, trying to calm things down.

"Well, my first meeting with him isn't as good as you guys thought." Al said, making everyone sweatdrop on him.

"And it caused Subaru more damage to his ego, Fufufufu!" Scorpio said.

"Damage to his ego?" Rem asked.

"Yeah, well... I was surprised when she offered to help me while I was looking for a lost child too." The man said.

"Emilia-tan, you're too soft-hearted. Dressed like that, most people would think he's trying to kidnap a child, not find one." Subaru said.

"Oof. That hurts but I'll pretend I never heard that." Al sighed.

"Good for you I guess." Otto said.

"Good for me? What are you trying to say?" Al asked.

"N-Nothing!" Otto nervously replied.

"My, how diligent you are to wait where you knew I would end up. I commend your dedication, Al." The woman said to the man named Al.

"You were the lost child?" Subaru asked. Emilia whispered something to Subaru which changed his view towards the woman.

"Well, it looks like we both found who we were looking for. See ya." Subaru said as he quickly turns away from getting embarrassed.

"Wait. What is in that bag?" The woman asked.

"They're appas. You've never seen one?" Subaru asked.

"Don't make me laugh. Appas have white flesh." The woman said.

"Well, yeah, the insides are white... W-Wait, so you've never seen an unpeeled appa?" Subaru asked. He grabbed one appa and gives it to the woman.

"For you. Don't skip off after any bad guys again, okay?" Subaru said.

"Subaru did something grateful to you, and yet you treat him as a bastard?!" Rem angrily asked.

"Please calm down, Rem. I really have no anger issues against Subaru from now on. I promise!" Priscilla said.

"Really? Or you're just being so dramatic?" Cain asked.

"Just to tell you, Inosuke sama is so silent and pissed right now!" Dyne added.

"I-Inosuke sama?!" Priscilla asked on Inosuke who has a very terrifying aura while lowering his head emitted around him. The gods do a sign language on Priscilla and show a cloud message above them that says "Do not talk to him, or he'll CHOP your head right now."

"Wh-Why?!" Priscilla cried.

"It was fun to meet you, my little lady." Al said while saluting.

"What the heck are you doing, Al?!" Priscilla cried.

"Subaru... That girl from before... Where did you meet that girl? And how?" Emilia asked in her serious tone.

"What's this, Emilia-tan? Are you jealous? Are you getting jealous over me?" Subaru asked and the two stopped walking.

"Subaru..." Emilia uttered and now looked at Subaru seriously.

"H-Huh? Emilia-tan, why the serious face?" Subaru asked.

"N-Nothing... If you don't know, it's fine. Forget it." Emilia replied.

"I thought Emilia-sama will start that rampaaaaage these gods say." Roswaal said.

"Not yet!" Scorpio exclaimed.

'Seriously?' Everyone sweatdropped on the huge scorpion.

The scene changed to the woman from earlier and Al now on a dragon carriage. She eats now the appa that Subaru gave to her.

"Oh! It really is an appa!" The woman said.

"Huh? I have to stay here tomorrow?" Subaru asked as they are now in another mansion.

"Of course you do. That was our agreement all along." Emilia said.

"Yeah, but we never reached Reinhard, right? So if we go to the castle tomorrow, we might see him..." Subaru said.

"I'll be sure to ask about Felt." Emilia said.

"But I should go in person to--"

"This is exactly why I can't take you with me. If I do, you'll push yourself too hard again. I don't want to let you do that. Understand?" Emilia said.

"You're the one who doesn't understand... If that's what it takes to help you, so be it! I want to push myself!" Subaru said.

"Absolutely not. Until your body is fully healed, no using magic or pushing yourself! Promise me, Subaru." Emilia said.

"All right. I promise. I won't use magic. So let me go with you!" Subaru said.

"Why keep forcing yourself, Subaru?" Ricardo asked.

"Just, please... Listen to her." Crusch said.

"You cannot stop a pushover like him, because he is a hard-headed one." Mimi said.

"But he is the main protagonist!" Tivey said.

"I agree!" Hetaro added.

"I can't bring an outside into this. So please wait here with Rem, all right?" Emilia said and now approaches Subaru and holds his hand.

"Please, Subaru... Give me a reason to trust you." Emilia said. The next day, she can be seen with Roswaal on the dragon carriage and now leaves.

'I know there are those in the capital who consider Emilia an enemy. That's why I have to stay close to her.' Subaru thought.

"He was thinking because of the enemies around me?" Emilia asked.

"Hush! Just keep watching!" Puck scolded.

"Sorry." Emilia said.

"What's the matter?" Rem asked.

"I'm going to help Emilia. And to do that..." Subaru said as he stared at Rem.

"Wh-What is it? Subaru-kun. When you stare at me so intensely, it makes me uncomfortable." Rem said but Subaru still stared at her. Rem puts the bowl of appa in the table and sighed.

"It's in the castle. I would imagine security will be very heavy." Rem said.

"Security isn't the problem. I can't stand being involved in Emilia's important affairs." Subaru said.

"Hah!? What is he to Emilia, his husband? Because you really need to know more about her important affairs?!" Priscilla asked.

"That's not what he meant! He just wanted to protect Lia because of you guys!" Puck said.

"Then what should he do? Act so foolish in the capital to let the whole Lugunica know who he is to Emilia?" Priscilla asked sarcastically, and this made Inosuke stand up.

'Oh no!' Everyone thought.

'Latom.' The gods thought.

"I-Inosuke sama?!' Priscilla asked in horror as she sees Inosuke's terrifying aura.

"Subaru-kun..." Rem uttered.

"I'm only of any use when something happens. So I want to be with her when important things are going on!" Subaru said.

"Now, I shall set about preparing a new appa recipe I just thought up. It will require intense concentration, so if one were to leave his room, I likely would not notice." Rem said. Subaru now can be seen running towards the castle.

'I'm such a scumbag for relying on Rem all the time...' Subaru thought. Now he stopped at the front gate of the guard station.

"He really did go into the castle. What's wrong with you, Subaru?" Otto asked.

"A lot is wrong with him." Kadomon said.

"But the real problem is how I'm gonna get into the castle. I guess times like this call for that... Hitchhiking!" Subaru said as a luxurious dragon carriage stopped at him.

"You sure are lucky. Be grateful that the stars aligned. It just so happens we were on our way to the castle too." Al said.

"The castle? What for?" Subaru asked.

"There is only one reason to head to the castle today." The woman said.

"Oh, you didn't know? This young lady here is the one of the candidates to succeed the throne if Lugunica, Priscilla Barielle-sama herself." Al said.

"For real? Then why did you pick me up?" Subaru asked.

"For no other reason than it seemed amusing. A mere lark. Taking you to the castle will make things interesting." The woman named Priscilla said.

"Interesting?" Subaru asked.

"This world is designed to operate in a way that works best for me, so it is a given that all things work in my favor. It is only a matter of choosing whether something amuses me or not.

However, if I had to name a reason other than amusement..." Priscilla said.

"Your appa handler?" The guard asked.

"Indeed. He is something of a wretched clown, whose sole priority is to bring me bittersweet red appas." Priscilla said. The guard looked at Subaru if he can be trusted or not.

"Everyone is waiting inside. Make haste, please." The guard said as he stepped aside.

"As their superior, it is my privilege to keep the masses waiting." Priscilla said. The doors now opened for them and everyone now looked at Subaru who is walking beside Priscilla. Emilia and Roswaal stopped as they see Subaru with Priscilla.

"He has done nothing but shame to himself if he realizes it." Al said.

"Too much... Shame." Kadomon said.

"Subaru did something funny out there!" Cain said and some laughed at it.

"Stop laughing, will you?!" Priscilla yelled.

"Should I stop him?" Katsuki asked relying on Inosuke's pissed mode.

"Don't worry. Someone will stop him." Madara said with a smile.

"Stop?" Katsuki asked.

"The one who rivals him in strength. Fufufufu!" Scorpio added.

"Subaru?" Emilia asked.

"Um... Emilia, I..." Subaru stuttered when suddenly Priscilla links herself to Subaru.

"Is there a reason you stare at my manservant, half-wit?" Priscilla asked.

"Manservant?!" Rem angrily asked.

"Rem... Please don't be so mad at me now." Priscilla cried as Inosuke now slowly walks forward into her.

"Why would I... Inosuke sama?" Rem asked on a silent but angry Inosuke.

"Jeez... Gotta go fast!" Otto yelled as he ran into the Comfort Room.

"Get off! You'll give Emilia-tan the wrong idea!" Subaru cried.

"My, how nice to see you, Priscilla-sama! Do forgive my servant for troubling you so." Roswaal said. Priscilla now gets away from Subaru and walked past Emilia.

"Why are you here, Subaru? Didn't I tell you to be good and wait for me? Don't you remember?" Emilia asked.

"Because he wants to protect you. But what Barusu did there isn't also a good one. So both sides shouldn't be blamed for this." Ram said.

"Indeed, it is." Anastasia said.

"Poor Subaru-dono." Wilhelm uttered.

"The council of wise men will now enter." An announcement was said as a group of wise men now enters the council.

"The wise men... They're the people managing the country in place of the king, right?" Subaru asked.

"Hey. That's where we're supposed to stand." Al said while pointing the place.

"I can stand there too?" Subaru asked.

"Well, now... It sounds entertaining so you may accompany him." Roswaal said.

"Wait, Roswaal! If Subaru is allowed to stay, he'll--" Emilia was stopped by Roswaal.

"Emilia-sama, the conference is beginning. To the center." Roswaal said. The other candidates now stood in front of the wise men.

"Subaru would be acting like "Safe" at that moment." Ferris said.

"Hahaha! I wonder if he sees himself get embarrassed right now." Julius said.

"Do you want to get buried alive? I'll call him right now and let him bury you!" Katsuki yelled.

"N-No! Please, don't!" Julius said.

'He's more powerful than me right now. Because of that damn Pandora.' Julius thought.

"You'll explain this to me later!" Emilia scolded.

"Then, those are the participants in the royal selection. The candidates for the future ruler?" Subaru asked.

"You came, after all, Subaru. When I heard Emilia-sama would be here, I suspected you'd be here, as well." Reinhard said as he turned around and sees Subaru.

"Reinhard, I've been looking for you!" Subaru said.

"Hiya, Subaru-kyun!" The girl-looking male said.

"You..." Subaru uttered.

"Oh, Subaru, you know him?" Reinhard asked.

"Huh? "Him"? Subaru asked in shock.

"Yes. He is a knight, Felix Argyle. Despite appearances, he is male." Reinhard said.

"If you're a guy, what's the point in having those looks and even cat ears?" Subaru asked.

"I don't know what to say. You're the one who made the wrong assumption, Subaru-kyun!" The girl-looking male named Felix/Ferris said after walking away. The knight that Subaru encountered earlier walked past him and this made him grit his teeth.

"Subaru, what's the matter?" Reinhard asked.

"Where I'm from, this is the expression you make when facing a romantic rival!" Subaru replied.

"Now, if I may be so forward, I, Marcos, leader of the Imperial Knights, will direct today's proceedings. It all happened about a half year ago, when members of the royal family, starting with the king, passed away, one by one, causing--" The Imperial Knights leader Marcos was stopped by one of the candidates.

"Listen... I get that you wanna talk up a good show here, but I'm busy, you know. As we say in Kararagi, "Time is money." A light purple-haired candidate said.

"Wait, a Kansai dialect? Are you kidding me?" Subaru asked.

"Evidently, everyone in western Kararagi speaks that way." Al said.

"I agree." A green-long haired candidate said.

"Crusch-sama, should the Karsten family head say something like that?" One of the wise men asked.

"Observing formality is important, but it is also a fact that our time is limited. It would be wise to inform us why we are here at once. Naturally, I do have a general idea." The candidate named Crusch said.

"Sorry, but what is important for me is to manage to do all the things I need to do. So there's no need for me to stay longer into that place. Forgive me, everyone." Crusch said to the villagers.

"Same goes to me. I am really sorry if I started the commotion first." Anastasia said. They now looked at Inosuke who start to draw his swords from his hands.

"W-Wait! Please, don't kill me, Inosuke sama!" Priscilla cried.

"Al! Why you won't help her?" Emilia asked.

"Like what the gods said, someone will come to stop him. And also, he rivals Inosuke sama in terms of strength." Al said.

"Who could it be?" Emilia asked.

"You already know the purpose of this meeting?" One of the wise men asked.

"Yes, Lord Miklotov. For a drinking party, correct? One day? We will face each other as rivals. But by sharing the same table and drinks, we will come to better know one another." Crusch replied.

"No, that is not correct." Miklotov said.

"Ferris, this isn't what you told me." Crusch said.

"Oh, come on... All I said was, "Maybe it'll be a drinking party." Ferris said.

"You were fooled by Ferris, Crusch." Madara wheezed.

"Hey! I didn't fool her. I just said what I really know!" Ferris defended.

"Don't mind about that, Ferris." Crusch said who stares at Priscilla who cries for help.

"I see. I jumped to conclusions. Forgive me. Allow me to retract what I just said." Crusch said.

"Hey, now! Even if she backs down, my opinion isn't gonna change. No need to explain the royal selection now. We already know. Right?" The candidate named Anastasia said.

"I think we should hear the--" Emilia was stopped by Anastasia.

"Sorry, but I wasn't asking your opinion." Anastasia scoffed.

"Why, you--" Subaru angrily uttered.

"Hey! I don't know what's up with the selection, so I'd kinda like to hear the rest." Al said.

"Priscilla-sama, I'm told this man is your knight. Have you explained the selection to him?" Miklotov asked.

"Either way, you men will prattle on about it, yes? Continue, Marcos." Priscilla said.

"Then... We've gathered you, who are qualified to be the dragon's priestess because a new prophecy has been engraved in the Dragon Stone. It says "From the five capable of becoming the nation's new leader, choose one priestess to enter into a covenant with the dragon." Marcos said.

"Five?" Subaru asked.

"Yes, five. Currently, there are only four candidates. The royal selection hadn't even begun. But today, history is set in motion." Reinhard said.

"Knight Reinhard van Astrea, come forward." Marcos said.

"Yes, sir!" Reinhard said and now approached forward.

"Honored members of the council of wise men, I Reinhard van Astrea, of the Imperial Knights, would like to announce my mission's completion. The dragon's priestess, the fifth and final candidate for the throne, has been located." Reinhard said. Julius, Roswaal, and the candidates now started to look for the candidate he mentioned.

"And that is... Fe--" Otto was stopped by Scorpio who fired a spider web into his whole face.

"Keep a tissue into your face, Otto! Fufufufu!" Scorpio exclaimed.

The doors now opened as two maids now walked beside another lady with an elegant attire walking towards everyone.

"The one I, myself, revere as queen. Her name... is Felt-sama." Reinhard said as the screen shows the title "Return to the Capital" on it.

"B-But how?!" Old Man Rom asked.

"The insignia reacted to Felt as she touched it. So she is the one I revere to be the next queen of Lugunica!" Reinhard replied.

"Everyone, stay back." Madara uttered as Inosuke now swirls his swords into his hands while approaching Priscilla.

"Please! Spare my life! I have an important role in this cast, right, right?! Madara sama, Scorpio sama, Katsuki sama!" Priscilla cried.

"F*** you." Katsuki said.

"Pathetic woman." Madara sighed.

"Just pray he'll save your head. Fufufu!" Scorpio said.

"Save my... what do you mean by my head?!" Priscilla asked.

"Inosuke sama will... behead you alive if I'm not wrong." Al said.

"What?! P-Please, don't do this to me! I'll be a good girl, I swear! Please, no!" Priscilla cried. Inosuke now ran towards Priscilla in a blazing speed and now appears in front of her.

"NO!!!" Priscilla cried as the blades are now about to sever her head. When suddenly, someone headbutts Inosuke from afar and saves Priscilla from near death.

"What the hell are you doing, Inosuke?!" The unknown assailant yelled.

'There he is!' The gods thought.

To Be Continued...

Another chapter is done! I hope you'll like this as always! Stay safe and have a great day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 326 7
[Y/N a player LV 1 a new and unique soul sent in a new world.]
50.2K 2.2K 53
After having dealt with the challenges of the Pleiades watchtower, Natsuki Subaru is summoned by an unknown deity to help fix some worlds from the fa...
1.3K 53 8
Re: Forgotten happened. The VOTW finds Subaru slowly dying and stops his Return by Death to reincarnate him into the Cardinal World. His wishes entan...
12.8K 288 9
You were just normal person with a normal life and you were just suddenly teleported to one of the most dangerous anime worlds with the original body...