Darkest Hours (MGL series Boo...

By MedievalTomboy

What a Witch decides, she achieves. A place of bloody sacrifices, with magic good and bad. A place of dark my... More

Things to Know
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 49

579 52 0
By MedievalTomboy

Good or bad, right or wrong, for a woman to kill her own child was much painful than hurting oneself. Orla had no regrets in whatever she had done to Alys however, she still held the pain of doing so.

Only she knew the pain of being the reason for the death of her own child for the wellbeing of others. She had to sacrifice the evil soul her daughter had so she could save the land from the uprising evil and if she had to then she would do it all over again.

Although... although she was hurting from her heart.

Orla could be potrayed as cold but she isn't heartless. Alys's birth had made her much crueler than ever while sometimes she thought she was more evil than Alder for her past actions.

"You? You Orla? Why would you, to your own daughter?" Alder gasped in disbelief, the little energy he had left him after the revelations were made.

It made him feel defeated and useless at that moment of time.

"It was your own fault. You were not Alder, yet you sham him in his place and made fun of my devotion for him. You turned the caring man I loved to one who I dearly despised now. You thought evil, did evil and gave me a spawn of evil as a daughter. You killed many innocent in the greed for power. If it was not for you, I would have never left Lucius when he was just a child and needed his mother the most, It was you to blame for the reason I had to spend decades in hiding. Madonna and Fina has no kin to reach out for was caused by you." Orla, a witch who was named as a calm and composed lady, bellowed as the anger coursed through her heart and mind.

She could not just let go of the death of her best mate which left her daughters orphan.

Alder heard her in silence but one look at him and one can say he has no tear of remorse in his eyes. His eyes glowed with the same pride and greed they always held. His posture was one of infuriated one and the traces of utter betrayal he experience was found in the way he clenched his jaw.

Indeed the saying 'one cannot straightened a dog's tail' is quite appropriate.

With no further thought, Alder took the moment of distraction to his benefit and pulled Fina in to his arms as he tightened his hold on her neck. He squeezed her neck bringing her back with him as a hostage to escape from there as soon as possible.

He could as well make all the efforts all over again for years if he was alive rather than being an element of torment in their hands. The right option he has at the moment was to escape alive as he has nothing to fight over at that moment.

But with Fina in his hands, the phoenix blood shall make the procedure much easy for him.

Alder thought he understood them, he understood how affectionate they were with each other and how protective they were of each other but when all he received was a mere raise of an arrogant brow from each of them, he realized he would not be able go away from there even with the little phoenix.

Fina did not even flinch; much less there was no fear in her eyes whatsoever. "You certainly disappoint me Alder Emor. I am a Phoenix, born with fire, fierce and impulsive in nature." Fina said with a snicker as she created blew out gush of fire from her mouth. The fire reached his hand that held her mercilessly and burnt it into black fog while later blend with the air.

Alder screamed in extreme pain but than him, the way he was hurt scared his followers who were around. The people who followed him like a religion were now standing far away from him in the hopes of keeping themselves alive. The way Alder cried in agony made the others shiver in extreme fear.

"I want to torture you, give you one new pain every moment for what all the evil you had ever done so I cannot kill you. These past few days in the crow kingdom, I had made great plans for what I shall do to you." Fina scowled gritting the words out as she felt the satisfaction she felt while voicing them out.

She was indeed raised up in a delicate manner in forbidden woods but her nature got polished when she got to the crow kingdom and she cannot be enough grateful for it.

"Take him to the dungeon we prepared him while I take care of his said followers." Lucius ordered to no one in particular but the Crow Queen stepped forward with a smirk. She waved her hands and Alder was bound by a five demon ties.

"You – Why?" Alder got speechless at the Queen's actions. If he was not stunned enough till then, he was at how the Queen changed her interests from being on his boat to one with Orla's.

Alder was dragged to the dungeons cell that was specially prepared from him while with no further ado, Lucius along with Madonna, Lord Xander and the Demon King brought all the remaining people of Alder's warriors and followers to the dungeons.

Many made attempts to flee away, escape stealthily but while the ritual was going on in backyard, Lord Xander and the Demon King had brought the seven blades of ice glass and installed them around the place to imprison everyone from escaping.

Thankfully, the seven blades were effective in caging although it was much hard to acquire them. Lucius cannot effort more time to be spent on hunting each of them and eliminating them. All of them had already spent decades of their lives to take down Alder and his people without caring for their own happiness.

Although they were imprisoned, it shall take good time to eliminate each of them as Lucius and his force should cultivate much prowess to end each of them.

Fina and Orla followed the Crows Queen to the cell chamber where Alder was held with a heavy sigh feeling the great burden lighten down from their shoulders.

"I did not know it was not your blood, dear. Goodness, I did not even expect the source of ultimate prowess shall be in the form of a child." Orla spoke softly as they walked through the dark opening of the cave where Knox was once held.

"It was even out of my knowledge regarding his plan of creating a child. It is good he did not get hold of my blood. I had sent a starch from a place in forbidden woods in the place of my blood." Fina smiled.

Orla stopped from walking and turned to the little Phoenix who looked drained and fragile. Wrapping her hands around her, she patted her back affectionately tightening the hug.

"You should have informed us of your plan and wellbeing; you got us worried." Orla nearly frowned in displeasure but one smile from Fina, she returned back to her motherly phase.

"How dare you betray me, you ugly bird. You chose them over me?" They were interrupted by furious cries coming from the inside where Alder was held. Shaking their heads, both of them walked inside to see Alder tied securely with several mages around the place.

The Crows Queen scoffed at the insult as she electrocuted him with a simple thunder spell making him screech in pain. "Who betrayed who? I was never with you to begin with, you bastard. Don't waste your voice yet, you shall be screaming with agony every moment from now."

Fina smiled at the Queen and ran to her enveloping her in a tight hug. "I am ever so grateful to you for taking trouble for me Aunt Highness."

"Aunt?" This time it was both Alder and Orla who gasped in surprise.

"Why, of course. You don't know who the young male Phoenix was that fathered little Fina here, do you?" The Queen turned to Alder with a proud smile as she questioned him.

"The moment I found out that Fina was living in the forbidden woods and she was a Phoenix, I knew who she was so to keep her safer, I brought her here in the name of being a prisoner for you. I told her everything and played you to keep her away from you. After all, the most dangerous place is the safest one. Otherwise you tell me who in their sane mind will hurt their own lovely niece?" The Queen stated feigning the tone of a scholar of great knowledge.

"Niece? Your Niece?" Fina and the Queen nodded their heads gleefully as the Queen turned to Orla with an appreciative and a grateful smile.

A smile telling her how grateful she was to her for raising her dear niece in safety.

"This dear child is a daughter of my good cousin who is a royal prince of Phoenix tribe."

And with the last of the secret out in open, Alder could not believed he was played by not one or two but many from his own people. In the name of supporters and followers, he had raised his own means of demise.

He wished he took each of his people with caution rather than being impulsive. If he was careful back then, he would not be in the predicament. He would be on a great throne ruling over everyone.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

What do you think about the chapter?

The Crows Queen being Fina's aunt is the final shock. Did you like it?

Alder is finally controlled and in custody while the others are hunted down.

There are still one or two more chapters including Epilogue so please give this book a try and let me know how you felt.

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88 14 14
After her parents' divorce, sixteen-year-old Avery is sent to live with her estranged grandmother in a small town in Pennsylvania called Ravenwood. T...
440 97 79
When witches attack, dark secrets begin to unravel. A young girl, who has spent her life behind the cloistered walls of a convent, is thrust into the...
126 20 10
Untold truths that must not be told. Over the centuries he had kept the truth away from her. For her safety and peace. He would choose her peace ove...
302K 20.3K 27
In the world of magic there are only two options: learn control, or risk becoming the one thing everyone fears. On the anniversary of her parents' de...