One Night - Forbidden Hearts...

By shaylamariam

Completed | We've all been tempted by the forbidden... When Harper Lewis agreed to marry Ryan Hale to save he... More

Introduction (Read Me!)
C A S T
1. Down the Rabbit Hole
2. Serendipity
3. Two Weeks
4. Turn About is Fair Play
5. Late Night Kisses
6. Margarita Confessions
7. Double Date
8. Brotherly Love
9. Jealousy With A Capital J
10. Mommy Dearest
11. Everyone Has A Psychic Bestie
12. Lanie, Interrupted
13. You Can Call Me Jackson
14. Greek God Sex Is Prohibited
15. The Ice Palace
16. Mine
17. Warning Signs
18. The Ties That Bind
19. Reunions and Regrets
20. Girl Talk
21. In An Instant
22. Time
23. Surprises, Surprises
24. Incognito
25. Little White Lies
26. The Fine Print
27. Rules Are Meant To Be Broken
28. Deception Indicated
29. Overwhelmed
30. Some R'n'R
31. Who Ordered Coffee?
32. Dangerous Territory
33. Queen of Secrets
34. Red Velvet or Vanilla?
35. The Cats Out of the Bag
36. Ultimatums
37. Trust
38. Denial
39. Bomb...Dropped PT. 1
40. Bomb...Dropped PT. 2
41. Clusterfuck
42. Bora Bora
Epilogue
Writing Lanie (Book 2)
Karma (Book 3)
Tryst (Book 4)
Falling Into Place (Book 5)
Heartstrings (Prequel)
The Stella I Remember

43| Birthday Surprise (Bonus Chapter)

11K 422 63
By shaylamariam

"There will be absolutely no singing," I said for the tenth time to Lanie.

"Why not? It's your birthday!"

We were currently sitting in my favorite restaurant waiting for the server to bring the cake. My best friend wanted to take me out just the two of us. It's been two months since Ryan and Danielle's wedding in Bora Bora. Once we got back to the States, Jackson and I went through an adjustment period after he moved in with me. We both decided it was best to get a new place that was completely ours; and after two weeks of searching, we found a very nice two bedroom apartment.

I'll be the first to admit-- I've never lived with a man before. Then again, I've never been in love before either. Everything was new and exciting. But it was also frustrating. Jackson and I were both stubborn in our own ways. If we weren't careful, it led to little arguments. Arguments that usually ended with us naked and Jackson making me scream his name over and over again. It was fighting seemed to turn us both on.

"Here it comes," Lanie said in a sing song voice. She eyed the cake like a starving bear.

"Here we are," the waiter said as he sat it in front of us. "Happy birthday to you," he said to me with a smile.

"Thank you."

"Let's eat!" Lanie grabbed her fork and reached to take a bite out of the cake.

"Hey!" I said and swatted her hand. "It's my birthday. I get the first piece. Besides," I said as I cut us both a piece of the triple chocolate cake, "this is your favorite cake. I don't think it's a coincidence."

"What?" She asked with feigned innocence. "I told you they were out of the raspberry cake!"

I snorted as I took a bite. "It's okay." I drank a sip of my water before I looked at her curiously. "So, how was it?"

"How was what?"

"Don't play stupid with me, Lanie. I'm better at it than you."

She let out a heavy sigh. Jaime had set Lanie up on a blind date a few nights ago. Ever since Bora Bora, she was convinced that she wasn't going to get a Greek God of her own. My best friend was never lucky in the relationship department; but I still had hope for her.

"It...it was terrible," she said with a groan. "First off, he made me pay for my portion of dinner. Then, he kept checking the game on his cell phone. And the cherry on top was when he invited me over to his place."

I tried my best to hold back my laughter. "Aside from being a cheap idiot, why was taking you home bad?"

"Oh, it wasn't his house. At least, not just his."

"Oh, no!"

"Yep!" She said and slammed her hand on the table. "He still lives with his parents!"

I threw back my head as I laughed. Poor Lanie. "I'm sorry," I said with a chuckle. "Listen to me, Lanie. I have a feeling you'll be meeting someone soon. Then you'll have your own Greek God to drive you nuts."

She shook her head at me. "I don't know, Harp. I think I'm going to be a spinster."

"We can't have that," I quipped. "How's Nate?"

"He's good. He should be coming home for leave." She beamed at me as she continued, "I can't wait, Harper. I haven't seen him in almost a year."

"That's great!"

Nate has been in the service since he finished college. This was supposed to be his last tour and it was finally almost over. I just prayed that he returned home safely. Lanie wouldn't be able to handle the loss of her brother. She barely made it through her parents' death.

"Hello, princess." Jackson had walked up to our table and looked down at me lovingly before he looked at Lanie. "Lanie. Always a pleasure."

"Hey, yourself," she shot back to Jackson before she arched a brow at me. "We're sitting here and talking about my lack of a Greek God, and in walks yours. Really?"

I chuckled and Jackson frowned. "Do I even want to know?"

"No," I laughed as I slid out of the booth and got to my feet. Lanie did the same and reached out to pull me in a tight embrace. "Happy birthday, Harp. I love you."

"I love you, too," I whispered back to her. "Thank you for this."

"Anytime." We pulled apart and she shot Jackson a look. "Alright, Mr. Reese. Go ahead and whisk her away."

"Oh, I plan to do more than that," he drawled and it sent a shiver down my spine.

"Ew," Lanie said with a shudder. "On that note, I'm out of here."

After my best friend left the restaurant, Jackson and I were alone at the table. He held his hand out to me. "Come here, princess."

I stepped into his arms and he cupped my cheek with his hands. I love the way my body responded to him. Even a simple touch like stroking my cheek. Jackson pressed his lips against mine and delivered a slow, sensual kiss.

"I've got a surprise for you," he whispered against my lips.

I smiled at him shyly. "Really? What is it?"

He chuckled and had a teasing glint in his eyes. "Oh, no. Not here. Let's go home and I'll give it to you."

My chest tightened. I loved the way he said home. Ever since we moved, there have been multipe times where he would tell me how much he loved living with me. After living together for almost three months, we've seemed to find a groove.

"Well," I breathed as I ran my finger along the waistband of his pants, "we better get home quickly then."

Jackson rested his hand on my thigh for the entire ride home. He would absently stroke my leg as he concentrated on the road. Lanie had picked me up when she took me to dinner. Jackson offered to pick me up when he was done hanging with Ryan.

Speaking of my ex-fiancee, he and Danielle seemed to be embracing married life and all it's glory. They had stayed in Bora Bora for a few extra days after Lanie, Jackson, Jaime, and I left. They were going to be going on their honeymoon soon and Danielle couldn't wait.

When we arrived at out apartment, anticipation and excitement rolled through me. I had a few expectations about what this present was. This was my first birthday with Jackson and I couldn't be happier. Once we got inside, Jackson led me to our bedroom and I smiled coyly.

"I figured we would end up in the bedroom. Is my present a little birthday sex?"

He wrapped his arms around me and flashed me a wide grin. He was really happy right now. "Oh, there will definitely be birthday sex. Count on it. But first-- you need your present. Now," he said quietly, "close your eyes."

I held my breath as I slid my eyelids closed. I was expecting him to cover them with a blindfold. The more comfortable we got with eachother, the more I found out just how much he liked to tie me up and have his way with me. I never complained. I loved that dominating side of him.

"Okay. Open your eyes."

When I opened them, my smile vanished and I gasped. He was holding a little black velvet box. Yes, THE box. What the hell was he doing?

"Jackson..."

He flipped it open to show a beautiful diamond ring that had black and blue stones around it. It was absolutely gorgeous.

"It was my mother's," he admitted quietly. "I added a few stones to it. I know how much you like blue." He cleared his throat nervously. Jackson was never nervous.

"It's beautiful," was all I could say.

"I know how we both feel about marriage, Harper- and I know that hasn't changed. That's why I'm not going to get down on one knee and ask you to marry me. I already consider you my wife. And I am your husband. But this-," he took the ring out of the box, "-this is a way to show the world that you are mine. That we are commited and completely in love with each other."

His eyes went to the necklace I wore every day since he gave it to me. "I know I proclaimed something similar when I gave you that necklace. But this is different. A wife wears a ring given to her by the man she loves." His eyes searched my face. "So, what do you say, princess? Will you wear this ring and continue to make me the happiest man in the world?"

The word left my lips before he even finished his sentence. "Yes..."

He crushed his lips against mine before he pulled back with a cocky smile. "I told you the night we met that you wouldn't be able to resist me. I was right."

I rolled my eyes as I choked back tears of joy. "Very funny." I held out my left hand. "Well, are you going to put it on me?"

He slid the heavy ring on my finger. It fit me perfectly. When I looked down at my hand, the craziest thought came to me. Why didn't we do this sooner? When I looked up at him and my eyes met his, there was lust, hunger, and love all mixed together in his piercing blue gaze.

Jackson leaned in for a kiss and I welcomed it. He deepened the kiss and stroked his tongue againt mine. I moaned into his mouth at the sensation. I knew my panties were already soaked from the fire only Jackson caused within me. His hands went to the back of my dress and I knew what was coming.

I heard a loud rip as he tore my dress to get it off of me as fast as he could. It's not the first time he's done that. And it's definitely not the last. He only seemed to ruin my clothes when he was overcome with desire for me.

His lips were on mine in an instant. He explored my mouth with his tongue urgently. "Bloody hell. I need to be inside you."

"Then do it," I moaned as he slid a finger under my wet panties.

"So wet," he hissed in my ear. My head fell back against the wall behind me as he continued to plunge his fingers deep into my depths.

"Jackson," I moaned. "Please. God, I need you."

He slowed his fingers and my eyes met his. "Tell me again."

How he loved it when I begged for him. "Fuck me, Jackson. I need you inside me."

His fingers slid out of me and he made quick work of removing my panties. He was still fully clothed and only pulled his pants down far enough to take me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he lifted my right leg. Just as his lips met mine again, he entered me in one hard, powerful stroke.

I cried out as I felt my orgasm rock through me. Nothing and no one felt like Jackson did.

"That's it, Princess. Come for me."

And I did. I felt my body milk his as he continued to thrust into me with fast strokes. My nails scoured his back as I got lost in the pleasure.

When I felt his shoulders tense up, I knew he was getting close. "God, I love you," I moaned as I felt another orgasm building inside me.

He buried his face in the hollow of my neck. Just as I felt my own climax take me, I felt his hot release inside me.

He lifted his head but didn't let me go. When I stroked his face with my left hand, he turned and kissed the new ring I had. "Happy birthday, wife."

I couldn't do anything but beam at him with how happy I felt. Best. Birthday. Ever.

Keep scrolling for more of The Forbidden Hearts Series!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325K 14.6K 61
Completed | Jackson Reese never thought he would be a one woman kind of guy. That all changed when he met Harper Lewis. Being in a committed relatio...
171K 7K 49
Five years ago, Harper and Jeremy got married after being swept up in a whirlwind romance. As the years passed, the excitement wore off and now they...
271K 10.6K 182
My Best Friends Brother - Book Three in The Forbidden Lust Series "You're my best friends little brother Milo, we can't do this." Looking at me wit...
371K 13.3K 43
Book 1| Completed | "You know the truth, Lia," Wyatt whispered. "You're my girl. You've always been my girl." Amelia Thomas knew Logan Thorne and his...