DF: My Danger Force Daydreams

By skase_lover

This is just for when I have a have some short story ideas :) More

My Bsf And My Brother?!
Friends Stay For Freinds
ElimiDATE
Chapa's Sick Day
Puppy Love
The Great O'Brien Family Prank War

Father Know's Best

2.5K 32 94
By skase_lover

Chapa and Ray are now father-daughter but they still have a long way to go after the monstrosity that happened months before.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I hate you! you're the worst Dad ever!" Chapa yelled at Ray. He couldn't have cared less, what he was really thinking about is that punk trying Chapa. Heck no, not his daughter. Then in the afternoon she lied to him, said she was going to play laser tag. Well, that was actually dumb on his part, because Chapa wasn't allowed to play laser tag anymore after she brought actual lasers the last time. But it was that hot mom's fault! Ray still couldn't believe she said that he looked elderly.

But anyways, Ray found out about the lie from Bose who clearly has a problem with keeping his mouth shut too. But thank god he did, because Chapa would've lost her innocence to this clown.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier

Ray walked in as the kids we're talking about something around Bose's desk. "Hey whatcha guys talking about?" Ray asked. "This party Bose's friend invited us too," Miles answered. "Which we aren't going to, it's a no parents party" Mika tried to protest. "Oh yes, yes we are," Miles grinned at Mika and put his hand on her shoulder. Mika groaned. "I have a VERY important job there...I'm bringing the chips," Bose nodded in a cool manner. Chapa turned to Ray. "I might be back a little late tonight," Chapa told her father. Ray adopted Chapa about 2 months ago and they were still getting used to it. "Ouuu are you finally going to talk to Shawn," Mika gushed. Ray looked surprised at Mika's words. 

"Who's Shawn?" Ray asked as he felt his Dad side come out. 

"He's this cute boy that Chapa li-" Mika was saying before Chapa quickly interrupted. 

"No one!" She told her Dad. Ray obviously didn't buy it. 

"Sure he is, he's Chapa's crush," Bose told Ray not getting the hint. 

"Can we please not talk about Shawn! all you need to know is that I'm going out," Chapa stated.

Mika turned to Miles." Do we have to go, Mom and Dad might not even let us go," Mika complained. "What dorks, imagine not being able to go to that party because of your parents," Chapa playfully nudged Ray.

 "Yeah..." Ray trailed off.

"You're not going either," Ray pulled a bag of chips from his pocket and started to eat them. 

Chapa was taken back at that. What was he talking about? "Yeah, good one Ray," She laughed at what she thought was a joke. "I'm serious, what kind of Dad would i be if i let you go an unsupervised party WITH BOYS," Ray claimed. He hasn't been a parent for long so he didn't know when he might be overstepping but he knew he was doing the right thing. Well, at least he thought. "I'm going to that party," Chapa stood her ground. Bose, Mika, and Miles we're starting to feel the tension. They stood uncomfortably behind the father-daughter scene. 

"Well...we, um, we're gonna go," Miles stammered as they scrambled to the door. "No, your not, end of the discussion," Ray demanded. Chapa couldn't believe what she was hearing. Who was he to tell her no? She was so angry she couldn't stand being in the same room as him. Before she left she took his chips out his hand, threw it under her and stomped on them, then ran to her bedroom. Ray almost felt bad but he knew that he had to do what was best for her. "And don't even think about sneaking out! I'm locking this place down," He dramatically called out to her. He pulled out another bag of chips to morn but Chapa came back in and took them from him than ran off again.

Chapa's room

"He's ruining my life", Chapa told Mika over the phone. "He just cares about you", She tried to assure her friend. Chapa heard background noise coming from the phone. "Are you at the party?" Chapa questioned offended. Mika got quite."Um, i-no, i'm sorry, I AM. I didn't want to but Miles dragged me here and i can't believe i'm saying this but i am actually enjoying this," Mika said. Chapa shook her head.

 "Is Shawn there?" Chapa asked hopefully. 

"Yeah, he actually asked about you earlier," Mika gushed over the phone. Chapa blushed. He did!? 

"That's it! I'm going to this party," Chapa told Mika determined.

 "But your Dad said no," Mika reminded. "

Doesn't matter, i'll be there," Chapa said and hung up the phone. 

Shawn asked about her! she didn't even know he knew she existed. Chapa thought that he was so..BAD! Like everything about him was bad, but in a good way! He does whatever he wants, whenever he wants and she is here for it!

Mans Nest

Ray was still pretty bumed about his argument with Chapa. It was there first time fighting since he adopted her. He hated it. He sat on the couch scrolling through his phone and thinking. Was i too hard on her? Maybe i should take it easy? I mean she's a teenager, it happens. Right? He wishes he knew what to do. As he was thinking he heard footsteps coming closer. It was Chapa. He was a little taken back because he thought she was never coming out of her room. "Hey Dad, you were right i overreacted earlier, you were just trying to look out for me. I'm sorry", Chapa apologized. Ray should have suspected something but he was overjoyed things with him and his daughter was dying down.

 "Really? I am so glad you feel that way," He got up from the couch to hug her. As they hugged he kept her close remembering the reason he adopted her. He kissed the top of her head. "Yeah, now that that's over do you mind if i go play laser tag instead with a couple of my friends down at lee's peer?" She hopefully asked as they pulled apart. Chapa was starting to feel bad but then she remembered Shawn. Ray didn't want to upset her again and agreed. Better laser tag than an unsupervised party, right? "Thanks, love you," She quickly said as she ran out the front door. My girl, Ray thought. He should have suspected something because Chapa's clothes didn't look much like laser tag clothes.

Meanwhile with Chapa

Chapa should have felt bad for lying to Ray but she couldn't help it. There she was, stilling in a random living room with Mika to the right of her as teenagers partied behind her.. "You actually did it!" Mika said impressed. "Yeah," Chapa said but she wasn't as happy as she thought she was gonna be and Mika noticed. "Look! it's Shawn, maybe that will cheer you up!" Mika pointed to him as she walked over. Chapa started to panick but got herself together. "Hey, Chopper, right?" He greeted her. "Actually her name is Chap-" Once more Mika was cut off by Chapa. "He can call me Chopper if he wants too," She growled at Mika who put her hands up in defense. 

"Why don't i show you around?" Shawn gave Chapa that million-dollar bad-boy smile. 

"You don't even live here," Mika claimed.

 "Sure, that would be great", Chapa ignored her comment and went off with Shawn. 

Mika only smiled at her love-struck friend because she hasn't seen Chapa that happy since Ray adopted her. Then her smile faded as she remembered why Ray had to adopt her.  It was a tough path for all of them but Chapa was the most scarred before that night. She went over to Miles to ignore the thought.

With Ray

Ray was in the SWAG classroom organizing stuff to see if he could get with hot moms when Bose came in. He was confused. "Um, Bose? aren't you suppose to be at the party?" Ray asked. "Yeah! i got the chips, then i ate them, so i had to go buy more, and i came back here because i forgot my hoodie earlier," Bose explained. "Okay just get your hoodie and leave," Ray swatted him away. Bose grabbed his hoodie. "I'll Chapa you said Hi," Bose smiled. "Chapa's playing laser tag," Ray informed. Now Bose was confused. He pulled out his phone. "I could have sworn this girl in Shawns Ig story was her," He showed Ray the picture.  Ray read the caption which Bose obviously didn't, "More bait for me" the caption said. Ray. was. FURIOUS! "Bose, GET IN THE CAR!" He shouted.

Back at the party

Mika was making convo with Miles and they ended up talking about Shawn. "Speaking of which where is Chapa?" Miles asked. "Oh i think she's upstairs with him," Mika said.  Miles nodded and then starting thinking. Oh. "OH, OH, OH,OH" He panicked a little. "What?" Mika rolled her eyes at his immaturity. "We NEED to go get her?" Miles warned. Now Mika was confused. "Why?!" Mika questioned. "I heard Shawn talking with his friends and he was going to try to get a kiss out some desperate girl tonight!" Miles explained. Mika was shocked. Why would he do that?! "WHY ARE WE STILL HERE?! LET'S GO", Mika said as they stumbled through the crowd.

 The front door slammed open with a very angry Ray and a very traumatized looking Bose. He was in the car with Ray going 40 at a 30! Everyone stopped. "Parties over," Ray declared. "Where's Chapa?" Ray questioned the twins. They both pointed toward the stairs. All the scared teens made way for the angry father. He slammed the door to a room open and there was Chapa kissing the boy he saw in the picture. 

"Ray?" Chapa spat. Rage brewed in Ray as he saw the scene. The boy had brown hair, fair skin, and who cared! He had his LIPS on his  DAUGHTER. "Wait your turn," The boy told him obviously not getting a good look at Ray. Wait for your turn? as if she was some kind of game! Now that did it. Chapa felt so embarrassed. "Get. the heck! off my daughter!"Ray yelled, walking up to Shawn. Ray only saw the boy, he couldn't hear Chapa pleading with him. 

Ray was about to activate beast mode as he grabbed Shawn by his shirt. Ray had almost forgotten that he was underaged. Bose, Mika, and Miles stumbled in at that time. Ray dropped the boy. "If you ever touch her again, it won't be pretty for you, and tell your little friends that too!" Ray growled.

"I hate you! you're the worst Dad ever", Chapa yelled. Oh, she wasn't in clear waters yet. Ray had some words he wanted to say to her too.

"We're going home," Ray stated, grabbing Chapa's arm and bringing her outside, he was actually surprised that Chapa didn't fight back.

Once they left Bose, Mika, Miles, and Shawn we're still in the same room. "What about you? you taken?" He tried to get with Mika until Bose and Miles protectively stood in front of her giving him the death glare causing him to back down.

With Chapa and Ray

Chapa didn't show her true emotions until they got in the car. She tried to fight the tears but failed. As Ray drove he looked over to see a tear fall from her face and it broke his heart. But he couldn't go back. "You wanna be easy, huh Chapa," Ray asked. Chapa didn't answer but kept looking out of her window wiping tears. " You like being called that? Easy Chapa the 14 year old, let me repeat that, the 14 year old!

"I get it, Ray," She chocked out.

"No, you don't. I thought i could trust you with these type of things, i guess i was wrong," Ray said disappointed.

"I'm sorry! okay. i was wrong, this is all my fault! IT IS ALWAYS ALL MY FAULT" Chapa's voice cracked as she cried in front of her father. Ray kept quite and pulled over. "Just forget okay! ITS STUPID," Chapa claimed.

Ray took a deep breath. He failed, he promised himself that once he had Chapa she would never shed another tear again. He got flashbacks from the horrific night. "Look, Chapa, I'm sorry, i didn't mean to yell. I'm just trying to understand," Ray explained. Chapa sighed. "It's fine if you don't want to be my Dad anymore, I'm used to it by now," She swallowed a lump in here throats as awaited for the words that always came right after. But they didn't.

"Chapa, don't EVER say that. I love you and there is nothing in this world that you can do that will ever make me stop caring about you. I'm just worried that i am not raising you the way i should! i have trouble sleeping at night because i worry about you more than a parent should and i have ever right too," Ray claimed. He couldn't help but break down himself. Chapa remembered what she had once said to him, 'You're not my father'.

Ray really did care for her and she was being ungrateful. "What i said about you not being my father...," Chapa trailed off.

"I know I'm not your father," Ray said trying not to push her into anything. Those words broke Chapa even more.

"Your right, your not my father, your just the person who is providing for me, who sat beside my bed at night until i fell asleep because i was afraid, tried to help me heal, taught me how to control my feelings, your just the person who gave me a home when no one else was willing too... Sounds a lot like a father to me," Chapa spoke from the heart. Chapa hated to see him this upset. Ray cried and so did she as she adjusted herself to be able to give her  Dad a hug. They pulled apart and Chapa looked him dead in the eye. 

"I love you," She said and this time it wasn't a quick 'love you' but it was the first true I love you he's gotten. He kissed her forehead. "I love you more, way, way more,"He petted her short hair. 

After finally opening up to each other the rest of the ride was a comfortable silence. Chapa put her window down and took a deep breath for the first time in years, she could breathe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

632 2 15
"It's like I know I did something worth remembering but I can't seem to remember what" I added. "Bose ,honey. Did we forget the difference between dr...
2.9K 103 28
Chapa's mom died in a car accident when she was 8 years old, around 2 years or so later, her dad remarried. Chapa didn't really care or think much of...
3.4K 34 32
This is my first time writing a story of any kind Please feel free to recommend story ideas. Disclaimer: all characters belong to Nickelodeon. I do n...
14K 294 25
Bose never knew he's real farther was he only remembers him as a baby and he feels like team would do better without him he always had to eat din...