Puppy Love

When Chapa walked into the pet store, she had already started to regret everything. 

Mika petted the small dogs through the crate trying to get all of them some attention. Mika was still under the effects of the medication she had taken when she got her wisdom tooth was removed yesterday. The side of her mouth was a bit swollen but thankfully the pain had numbed down but it only made her even more out of it. She had become sensitive to everything, feeling wise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

"I want a puppy!" Mika beamed cuddling Chapa earlier this morning. Chapa knew better than to say yes because in her current state she didn't know what she wanted.

"Mack, we can't get a puppy,"  She triedly stroked Mika's hair back. Chapa was exhausted from taking care of her and Mika did not make it easy. Mika got up rubbing the side of her cheek that was puffy and frowned at Chapa," But i really want one! and their cuddles will make me feel better". Chapa was about to say no but the Mika stuck her lower lip out and pouted like a child.

She tried to fight it, really she did but Mika looked too cute. Chapa sat up and kissed her forehead, "You're lucky I'm too in love with you to say no," She contently sighed. 

Mika happily threw herself into Chapa for a hug before rushing to climb out of her window.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they saw the rest of the puppies upfront, Chapa had never seen Mika Macklin so in love with something other than Chapa. They all ran up to her and Mika got on her knees to embrace the puppies that took a liking in her. She laughed giving them all her attention.

"Chapa, i can't choose! Can we pick them all," She gushed picking one up with golden fur-then another on with brown fur. Chapa watched Mika playing with the dogs, hiding how lovestruck the moment was for her. The dog licked the side of her face and turned her focus to one that was circling her feet. "I have enough love for all of them," She insisted. Chapa was about to say yes but quickly came to her senses, "Mika, we can't have 20 dogs running around".

"Besides they'll just steal you away from me and i don't want that," Chapa leaned in and Mika pouted again. "Pick only one," just as Chapa said that the dog with the brown fur who had been licking Mika's face moments ago jumped into Chapa's arm. When Mika saw the smile that appeared on Chapa's face when she caught the dog, she made her choice.

"We'll take that one!" She moved closer to Chapa petting the dog behind its ear.

The other puppies came over and Mika sighed, "It's okay you guys, I'm gonna come back for all of you when she comes to her senses," Mika pointed to Chapa and the puppies started barking at her.

"Thanks, now they all hate me," Chapa joked standing up with the brown-furred dog. Mika laughed as the puppy jumped out of Chapa's arms and back to her.

"What are you gonna name him?" The woman behind the counter asked gesturing at Mika and the puppy. Chapa picked him up and played with his ears.

"Mack," Chapa's Mika responded with a smile on her face, that looked slightly off because of her swollen face.

Chapa started thinking that maybe a dog wasn't so bad after all.