Each Past

By DreamerNation

Brooke Daniels was an outgoing, fierce girl with a terrible past. She relentlessly tries to escape her past b... More

Prologue
Each Horror Movie
Each Terrible Nightmare
Each Bathroom Break
Each Broken Body
Each Lonely Life
Each Lost Conversation

Each Foolish Kidnapper

14 1 0
By DreamerNation

Chapter Two- Each Foolish Kidnapper

As soon as night approached, Jett ordered someone to hand the girls their share of food for the night while he stayed in his office doing work. It only took but a few mere moments to be told that the girls were fast asleep.

"Tell them to wake up and eat or they won't be fed for two days straight," Jett  barked, his grip on the pen he was holding for five whole minutes, tightened.

"Yes sir," the man who reported the girls state shut the door quietly, knowing how much Jett hated the slamming of doors. It reminded him of too many bad memories.

Jett could hear the man's retreating footsteps and the casual movement of the bookshelf. When the steps completely vanished, he went back to the paperwork he had almost finished before he was interrupted by the female.

Brooke. How he despised that selfish teenager. She had gotten everything she had ever wanted. If she asked for it, she got it. Nothing could get between her. It angered Jett how easily she could obtain something in a snap of her fingers. Everybody did her filthy work, and worked under her filthy rule. She got what she asked for even after her horrible past.

Now that Jett had the upper hand, he'd show her that there are people in the world who can't achieve everything in an instant. He would make Brooke feel what every living person in the world feels after a long day at work. Jett would show Brooke that work is an important part of the equation.

He also knew keeping Brooke trapped for as long as possible would get him the money he needed to save his father's company.

Taylor's Law Firm. A well-known law industry. A place where any human being could go to get the best lawyers in the world. Ever since Jett's father handed Jett's brother - Anthony - ownership, the business has been spiraling down.

Jett took the ownership by force to turn it back around to its full potential.

Anthony now works at an old pub in Missouri. Jett holds no guilt for what he did. All he was doing is taking care of his father's company. Something Anthony couldn't have done in his lifetime.

Jett's phone rang and he picked his arm up to answer it without looking at who it was calling him.

"Hello?" Jett asked.

"Where are they?" A voice drowned over the phone. It was a male character that Jett had grown quite fond of and remembered easily.

"Adam, what a pleasure it is to hear from you. It's been what? Five months since I last heard from you? How are you?" Jett asked, genuinely curious about Adam's wellbeing.

They had been close friends as young children and as young teenagers. Both the boys eventually grew apart when Jett started getting more involved in his father's business. Adam had been the one who consoled Jett when he went through his family troubles. All in all, Adam and Jett were siblings from different parents.

"I'm fine," Adam seethed over the phone. "Now tell me why you decided to capture Brooke Daniels - who happens to be my ex - and Aveline Asher." The voice was full of anger.

"If you kept speaking with me then I would have told you. My father's business is going down ever since Anthony. Brooke and Aveline have what I need to get the company back on track," Jett elaborated, tightening his grip on the mobile phone. His anger was flaring and his temper rising.

Jett had figured this would happen eventually. The news about Aveline Asher going missing would be all over the news. He knew this because he had searched any information about the girl that he could. How well she was known, family, friends, even grades were an important piece. It took longer than he thought but he eventually managed. Jett found out she was known around the town and will be easily noted as missing.

Such a shame. She seems like a nice girl, Jett thought as he worked on the paperwork.

Brooke was an exception. Jimmy and Adam were the only difficult pieces of evidence that Jett needed for Brooke. After that, finding out any of her weaknesses, strengths, fears was a easy as scarfing down pizza.

"Do you really think that I would speak nicely to someone who was my best friend but pushed himself away to do work. You stopped talking to me. Not the other way around. If you don't tell me everything, I will hunt you down and kill you. Especially why my ex is hidden somewhere with you." Anger laced Adam's words and Jett was starting to become exceptionally nervous from Adam's words.

Adam never joked around when it came to Jett.

"Fine. Meet me at Ann's cafe and I'll explain everything you need to know. The location however will need more persuasion," Jett finally agreed, his tone lowered an octave in defeat.

"Okay. Tomorrow at four is the only time I'll be available for a couple of days," Adam added, his voice clipped tight.

Jett sighed and the static crackles between the tension. "That'll be fine," Jett concluded. As soon as Jett removed the phone away from his ear, he heard a shout from the other side of the call.

"Wait!" Adam screeched.

"What is it now?" Jett growled, his patience coming to an all time low.

"Tell me she's alive. And not hurt."

Jett scoffed. "Yeah, of course she's fine. But if she keeps acting the way she is, she won't be fine any longer." Jett doesn't like to think about hitting a female but he still does it. If they misbehave, they'll get the punishment they deserve.

Jett could see Adam nodding at his words even though they on the opposite sides of the state. A happy smile would also be printed on his face. "Goodbye, Jett." Then he hung up the phone.

With a resigned sigh, Jett continued doing the paperwork he never wanted to do in the first place. The disadvantages of being a business man, Jett all but groaned.

A knock's hollow sound screamed in Jett's ears. "Come in," he ordered.

The man rushed in the room and swiftly shut the door behind him, his hands lingering on the door knob for a moment longer. Jett sensed the man's hesitation, as if he was sentenced to report bad news.

"What is it?" Jett asked gruffly.

"She's crying. I didn't know what to do so I tried waking her but she attacked me. I came here as quickly as I got out of her reach. Only to hear you talking, so I stayed outside. I swear I didn't hear your conversation. Just when the mumbling stopped is when I came in," the man rambled.

"Okay, calm down. Bring someone with you to go see what's she so upset about and then take them to the dining room for their food instead of letting them eat in the cellar. If they refuse, my previous order still stands. Is there anything else that happened?" Jett asked, curious to know why such a perfect girl got upset.

The man took in a breath and shook his head. Jett stood from his desk and walked beside the man to the bookshelf. At that point, they moved it and two men entered the room while Jett waited behind.

He grabbed a book and read it while he waited for anything to happen.

****

A/N: Okay, so I might have been a little too harsh on you guys. My dear friend Tiffany brought the light to my eyes differently than she should have but she did in a way.

I'm just a very dramatic person and tend to over compensate a few details. I was just protecting our account like a mother would to her baby.

It's very difficult to say coming from me but I apologize for being so rude in the last chapter. It was uncalled for. I didn't mean to make fun of anybody by saying what I said.

It was one of those moments where words just pop out of your mouth like flies.

But I really meant some of the words I said. I'm not afraid to protect what's mine - our's in this case - from some silly words. If you shove, I'll throw a punch. It's how I work.

Basically, if you have anything nasty to say, just write it in a hate book or something explaining why you hate the book. Or you could just PM us some time and possibly make us better.

I am aware that this chapter is shorter but writing in a male's perspective is harder than I thought. But I did it anyway. I hope you really did enjoy it. If not, remember the hate book.

Anyway, love you all and keep reading!

~Morgan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Abduction By kirsten2035

Mystery / Thriller

103K 1.8K 20
Brooke Davis is no ordinary girl. She has her problems with her parents and her boyfriend, but when she gets kidnapped can she survive an even bigger...
682 16 20
Sage thought it would be a normal move for her family. She would pack her things, get In the car and go to her new home. But it doesn't exactly go as...
322 29 15
My best friend wrote an original story and she wanted me to put it on here. Lydia was taken from her parents 5 years before because of a misundersta...
18.2K 548 30
One summer night, 15 year old Morgan Daniels logged on to the online teen video chat. Just as Morgan was about to log off, she's connected to an attr...