The Girl With a Broken Heartđź’”

By MagicInWords2690

#1 Mature #1 Suspense #3 LoveStory #3 Conspiracy #3 Murdermystery #1 Romancereads2020 #1 Bestseller #6 Undisc... More

Moving On
Shadows of Past
Jake
Reality Check
Mr. CEO
The Man of my Dreams
The Indifference
The Girl with a Broken Heart
Pep Talk
My Saviour
The Unexpected
Working for him
Push and Pull
His Girlfriend
Being watched?
The Ball
Under my Watch
Some explaining to do
He found her
Moment of Truth
Aurora Borealis
The morning after
At my door
Caught in the Crossfire
Cordial as Friends
Craving a hug
Such a Tease
Hurting her
Mine
Two to Tango
Handling the ex
Sunday bliss
Not just a rumor
Honeymoon Crashers
Niki's thing(s)
Taken
Her betrayal
Her recovery
Your wish is my command
His Secrets
Web of lies
Ultimate Truth
Aftermath
Rock bottom
Merry Christmas
Vancouver
Britney and Max
His dilemma
Her choice
Author's Note
Epilogue

You saved me

5K 254 81
By MagicInWords2690

Emma's POV

I swiftly got into the car with Jake, and looking that he was okay, my immediate instinct made me embrace him.

"Are you ok, Jake? What's going on?"

"Yes, thanks to you, Emma, I am fine." He hugged me back. His arms wrapped tightly around me.

Thanks to me?

He adjusted back to his driving seat and drove the car out from the parking spot, "we are first heading to your apartment, and if you want we can take a quick detour to the Aunt Amy's coffee house. We can sit and have a thorough chat there. I will explain everything to you before making any decision."

"What decision?" My brows knitted in confusion.

What the hell was happening?

"You will know". He was continually watching a car behind us and the entire fifteen minutes drive was in pin-drop silence. Jake was trying too hard to focus on something and was I trying too hard to calm my popping nerves.

After what seemed like the longest fifteen minutes of my life, Jake parked the car outside the cafe. As we stepped out, I saw a parade of black SUVs behind us. I soon saw Augustin and Brett and half a dozen other guard type men step out of them.

"What is all this, Jake?"

He didn't answer, and instead held my hand, intertwined our fingers, and strode us both inside.

We both sat down on a comfortable couch. Aunt Amy greeted us with a warm smile but sensing the tension in the air; she gave us some privacy. Jake calmed himself a bit. I could see anxiety dancing in his otherwise serene blue eyes.

"Jake, for god' sake, tell me what's happening?"

He took a deep breath, and finally answered, "last night, a major accident happened Emma. My apartment's security was compromised. It was set ablaze early morning today."

"What? Set ablaze? Oh My God, Jake! Did you inform the cops?"

"Of course I did, I only got to know about this after I dropped you at the office this morning. My phone's battery died last night, and Augustin took control of the situation. Brett had informed him I was safe with you at your apartment."

I was shocked beyond measure. I didn't know what to say. After an awfully long pause, I finally broke the silence.

"What would have happened if I hadn't stopped you from leaving last night?" I was imagining the gravest possibilities and thanked heavens above for making me do what I did.

"I don't know Emma. You saved me from a dire situation. We are certain of foul play as the CCTV across the street caught a suspicious masked man enter the vicinity."

"Who could be behind this?" I suddenly held both his hands firmly. I was a bit shaky after the revelation, my mouth lost its moisture, and I felt a sharp pain in my temples.

"Maybe it was a quest for the evidence against Windsons. I think they were attempting to destroy it."

It made some sense, or maybe they were attempting to destroy him? The mere thought gave me chills.

"Did they? Did they destroy it?"

"No, they are still safe with me."

"This is getting very, very dangerous, Jake. I am worried about you. You should get this investigated, properly. I can never even imagine you getting hurt, please, for my sake." I was fighting my tears. I wanted to be his strength, but the traitors they were, they did manage to escape and stream through my cheeks.

"Yes, I am Emma. The cops and forensic team are all over my place, as we speak."He opened his mouth and then shut it, contemplating what to say next. Finally, he exhaled a hot gush of air.

"I am sorry to drag you in my mess Emma. I can't explain how guilty I feel about this whole situation. I have been selfish to stay close to you even after knowing how complicated my life was."

"Shh.. please don't blame yourself, we talked about this, we are in this together, remember?"

He gave me a reluctant nod. I could see how badly he was taking this. From across the table, I went to sit by his side now. I was rubbing his arms to provide him comfort, assuring him he isn't alone in this.

"Augustin and my security team believe you can be a target too, they must have figured our proximity by now."

I was numb listening to him. What was he implying?
He shut his eyes and took a deep breath, "it may not be safe anymore for you to stay at your apartment alone, Emma. I think you should move in with me."

"What? Move-in? With you?"

"Yes, please. I know it's too soon, but I am just thinking about your safety. Please, Emma, think about it with a rational mind."

I didn't know what to say. I could not just drop everything and move in with him. It was a big step, and I wanted it to happen for all the right reasons, not because of some threat shadowing our lives.

"Emma... I am sorry but please..." Jake whispered, getting me out of my trance before he could complete, I answered.

"Move in where Jake? Didn't they just destroy your apartment...?"

"Yes, they did. I have a family home in the city too. That's where my parents lived."

"Your family home? Are you serious?"

"Yes, since my mom shifted to LA, that home is currently empty and available to move in.
When my father died, we re-instilled the best state of the art security systems there. It's the safest place where we could stay."

"I don't know how I feel about this, Jake. It's your parents' home."

"I know Emma, all this is too soon and quite rushed for you, and I am pushing you to do something out of your comfort zone. But protecting you at all costs is my top priority." His eyes, even though they looked determined, they were desperately searching mine for an answer. He was worried sick.

I took a couple of minutes to process all the information. I was suppose to move out of my apartment for the sake of my safety. This was all so bizarre and scary, yet the idea of being close to Jake in such dangerous times comforted me.

I immediately made up my mind. I didn't want to leave him alone when his life was at risk. "Jake... I understand. Please stop being apologetic. I will always decide to stay by your side and do what helps the situation best."

He sighed in relief and took my hands in his. He placed soft kisses at the back of my hands, "I love you, Emma, and I will make this better, I promise." He whispered.

"I love you too, Jake, and you have my back, no matter what."

***

I felt a bit empty as I left my apartment behind, this place did grow on me in all these months, plus I had the fondest memories here.

How was I going to explain all this to my family and friends?

We then headed to Jake's family home with a band of guards following us. It felt unreal. Suddenly I was snatched off my commoner identity and got straight away planted in an action-thriller movie.

I closed my eyes, and let it all soak in.

"Are you okay, Emma? You are awfully silent."

"Nothing, just contemplating. My brain could explode; the only thing that is keeping me sane is the fact that we are together."

His eyes softened, and he shifted closer to me and took me in his arms. We were in the passenger seat in one of his many cars.

"Jake, is it silly of me to feel sad that I could never see the apartment, where you lived?"

"No. You shouldn't worry, I was never planning on taking you there anyway." His abrupt remark earned a frown on my face.

"Why? What do you mean?"

Before he could answer, the car made a stop. We had arrived. When I looked out of the window, I was speechless. Calling this place just a home was unfair to its grand existence. It was huge and majestic, like a palace of some kind. I was taken out from my trance when Jake opened the door for me.

"Shall we?"

I took his hand and stepped out, "how freaking rich are you?"

He chuckled at my question, "me? Not so much. My parents? A lot."

I felt small in this vast space. I was suddenly having second thoughts about staying here.

"Can we go someplace else, please? I don't feel good about this anymore." I held his hand to make him stop. I slowly withdrew my steps.

"Come on, Emma."

"No, seriously. It's a family home, Jake. I shouldn't be staying here."

He shook his head, and just grabbed my waist and suddenly picked me in his arms, "I thought you knew by now, you are family Emma. Maybe even more."

His words melted my heart, but I resisted him throughout, asking him to put me down, but to no avail. He finally let me go as we entered the huge, no, enormous living area. Countless staff members were lined up, dressed neatly in a white and beige uniform. They all gave me sheepish smiles, totally amused, watching Jake and me together.

I felt so embarrassed. I couldn't make eye contact with anyone present. Suddenly, Jake introduced me to one of them. She was a slightly old lady, probably in her late 50s, exquisite and charming.

"Emma this is Aunt Olivia, she is the head of the house staff, my nanny, my godmother; and your go-to person if you need anything."

"Aunt Olivia." Jake was ecstatic to see her.  He engulfed her in a warm hug. "This is Emma, the girl I mentioned before. She is in your care now."

"Of course, son. Welcome home, Emma!" She said politely with a bright smile on her face while extending me her hand. As I took her hand for greeting, she stepped forward and gave me a warm hug.

"Come, let me show your room."

"I will be in there shortly," Jake said in an assuring tone, as I walked past him. We walked through the huge corridors. Aunt Olivia gave me a mini-tour. She told me how Jake's room was in the East Wing of the house and showed me where the dining area and kitchen were. I was trying to remember the way. This house was like a maze.

Note to self - try not getting lost here.

After a good ten minutes walk, we finally reached the room. It was an all-black room, with modern interiors and Jake's huge portrait at the back of the bed. The room was like a mini apartment itself, with separate sections for bed, dining and wardrobe.

"Settle in dear. I will send something to eat. Do you have any preference?" I was so nervous, I completely lost my appetite. "No, just a glass of water, please. I am not hungry at all."

"Water is right there, and I will send a glass of fresh juice at least, I insist." She pointed to the far corner of the room and then left after taking my leave. My luggage was bought in soon after.
I quickly changed into something comfortable and sat on the bed, waiting for Jake to come back.

After a while, a very tired looking Jake entered the room. "Hey, are you settling in fine?" The other side of the bed dipped as Jake slumped comfortably

"Yes, I am fine, I guess. I just want to go to bed. This day was very eventful."

"That can be arranged." His tone was laced with mischief. His intentions roared in his lustful eyes.

It was almost five in the morning when I woke up with a sudden growl in my stomach. I was so hungry that it was tormenting me now.

I quickly got up, attempting to wriggle out from Jake's embrace silently. I looked around for some clothing and wore the first thing I got - Jake's shirt.
I quietly exited the room and began my voyage of finding the kitchen. Nobody would be up at this hour. I could make a quick tour, eat a toast or something and get back to bed. That was the plan.

After wandering for fifteen minutes, I finally made it to the kitchen. I opened the huge fridge to find something edible of my choice. There were fruits and bread amongst many other delicacies. I took an apple and a loaf of bread.

That's when I felt somebody's hand snake my waist, and I screamed in terror. I turned around and found a very amused Jake, shirtless, wearing just his lower. He was laughing, looking at my shocked state.

"Shut Up! You scared the hell out of me." I gave him a small slap on his chest. My heartbeat was still racing.

He cupped my face after controlling his bout of laughter and gave a soft kiss on my lips.

"Do you know how irresistible you are, standing here, wearing just my shirt?"

I bit my lower lip, blushing at his words.
"I want to rip it apart and take you right here."
He whispered in my ear and then bit my earlobe, making me whimper. Soon my lips met his, and in the same precise moment, we heard a loud voice, causing us to jump out of our kiss.

"Now what have we got here?" Said the unknown guest. We got numb at the intrusion and nervously turned to see who it was.

A/N - Please Vote and Comment guys, Stay Tuned ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 295 31
a young woman got married to her fiance only to find out something unusual. Who conspired in the accident after her wedding?. Was her Fiance still al...
1.7M 67.9K 58
[COMPLETED] Wattys2018 Shortlist! PROMOTED ON COSMOPOLITAN.COM Highest rank #6 on Chicklit What's Hot List FOLLOW ME FOR EXCLUSIVE UPDATES ❤ ...
15.8K 474 20
"A wedding? But, they are already married?" Finally. The past has moved on. Jake admitted his feelings towards Amy and got happily married, and have...
16.4K 1.1K 57
Even in the darkest moments, the beginnings of love can be found. Jayna Chacon is stuck in a rut. Her job is interesting, but she doesn't have any fr...