Markings

By angeliqhope

"It can't be," Jungkook spoke softly. He's seen that mark before. He can't be his soulmate right? More

Marking
Awkward
Bitter
Disillusioned
Eschew
Urge
Compuction
Avoidance

Anodyne

235 15 6
By angeliqhope

After the party, Jungkook was unsure of what he truly felt. He kept quiet the whole night. Of course the one person he grew romantic feelings towards, ended up being destined to someone else.

Upon arriving his lonesome apartment, he immediately drowned himself in the midst of his blankets and stared up at his ceiling. Tiny purple stars were scattered throughout the ceiling, Jungkook's eyes focused on each and every star, hoping he would feel at least something. His heart didn't ache like he expected it to. Not a single tear ever fell from his eyes. The lack of emotion, drained him. By the time his eyes became droopy it was four in the morning, leaving him only two hours of sleep.

It had only felt like once he closed his eyes, his alarm began to ring. A short dream filled with nothing. Just a blank canvas colored in black.

His alarm was continuously ringing until he finally opened his eyes and reached over to shut the pestering sound off. His vision still blurry, he blinked a couple times before his vision became clearer. He looked over to take a clearer look at the time on his clock. 6:46 a.m.. His eyes widened as he quickly scrambled out of his bed. He rushed to get ready, somehow managing. With the limited time he had, he pulled on a random pair of jeans and a loosely fitted creme cropped shirt. He rushed to his living room to gather his bag and a snack. He hurriedly put on his boots and ran out the door.

Out of breath, he made it to school surprisingly on time. Just a drop of sweat appeared on his forehead. It was 7:25 and classes would start soon. He quickly walked to his locker and nearly motionless, made his way to his dreaded first period class.

Walking in, most of his classmates were already seated. Staring back at his seat, what surprised him was seeing that Kim Taehyung was present and early. With a inaudible sigh, he walked to his seat and sat in his seat.

"Hey, you're late?" Taehyung turns towards the small male, "why is that?"

Jungkook sighs not facing the elder, "I woke up late."

Taehyung stares down at the ravennette. His hair was messy from his run, and his round cheeks were coated with a light tint of red. Unintentionally, Taehyung smiles while staring. A tingling feeling arose in his body, the sensation growing from his arms. He looks away from Jungkook, and like magic, the sensation abruptly stops. He looked around, slightly frightened. He fixed the bottom of his sweatshirt and looks towards the front of the classroom.

Their teacher soon walked in and ordered the class to continue working on their projects. With one last word he sits back down at his desk. Taehyung turned towards Jungkook, who has fallen asleep. His head rested agaisnt his arms on the desk, he was facing to his right and Taehyung could see his little pout. His hair covered his eyes, as he lightly snores. He strared down at the small boy and smiles, for a while he doesn't realize his hand had placed itself on top of Jungkook's head, his fingers threading through his soft fluffy hair. It was when Jungkook had released a small and quiet innocent moan, he realized exactly what he was doing. He quickly retracted his hand away, flustered. The quick action awoke the boy from his small nap. Jungkook slowly lifted his head up and rubs his eye, while looking around at his surroundings.

    "How long was I out?" Jungkook mumbled looking at Taehyung.

     "Uh, not long. We still have thirty minutes left of class," Taehyung answered, still quite embarrassed from his previous actions. 

   "Oh. Can you please wake me up by then?" Jungkook softly asks placing his head back on the desk.

Taehyung didn't get to answer and just stared at the sleeping boy, unsure of what else to do. He stuffed his hands in the pocket of his sweater, afraid of doing something unusual again. He turned away from Jungkook and decided to focus on something else. He took a piece of paper from his un utilized notebook and began to doodle all over it.

And like that, class rolled by. Taehyung didn't bother to look at the smaller male, only when class was over it was then that he woke the boy up and walked out.

Jungkook was quite stunned himself that Taehyung actually bothered to wake him, but nonetheless he was grateful. With droopy eyes, he gathered his belongings and also walked out.

——

The door was wide open, but he couldn't find himself to step in. He knew what was waiting for him on the other side of the door, but he was unsure if he was prepared for it. Class would only start in four minutes, he could just skip the class, right? And  so that's exactly what he did. He didn't know where to go, but continued to walk away from his class. He walked around the school, wondering where he could stay. He continued looking around until he was stopped by a familiar voice calling his name. He turned towards the voice.

     "Hey, Taehyung," he greeted the elder, who stood by a classroom door.

     "Aren't you supposed to be in class?" The elder asked, confused as to why he was roaming the halls.

     "Uh, I'm skipping?" Jungkook questioned his own answer.

Taehyung furrowed his brows. Before he could say anything the sound of footsteps nearing startled both of them. Taehyung quickly pulled the other male inside of the empty classroom and shut the door. They remained in silence until the sound of the footsteps had subsided.

    "Now tell me why are you skipping?" Taehyung broke the silence.

    "I just don't feel like going to class," Jungkook simply responded.

    "That doesn't sound like something you would do though," Taehyung questions.

"You don't even know me," Jungkook mumbled.

Taehyung didn't answer, looking down. The younger was right, he doesn't know him. So why would he say that? The answer, Taehyung doesn't know himself. An answer that came sooner than he wanted.

"Well, since we're skipping class together, why not enjoy," The elder suggested.

Jungkook only nodded, taking a seat on one of the only chairs in the room, Taehyung following.

    "Why are you skipping?" Jungkook then reversed Taehyungs previous question.

    "Because physics is boring," Taehyung sighed.

    "I'm taking physics and it's not that boring," The younger argues.

    "That's a lie, it is very well boring," Taehyung snorted.

    "Do you skip all the time?" Jungkook switched the question.

    "Well, not all the time, just when a class gets really boring or when I'm not really feeling it you know?" Taehyung answered.

Jungkook only nodded his head glancing around the room.  "How are you feeling?" The elder asked, "I mean after yesterday. You and Yugbum seemed close?"

In that moment, Jungkook didn't know how to understand. He still hadn't figured out what he was feeling. They were close, so he had to have felt something, right?

      "To be honest, nothing," he lets out.
Taehyung raised his eyebrow, confused at the younger's answer.

   "What do you mean?" Taehyung then looked up at the younger.

   "I just don't feel anything, he's not my soulmate so I really don't feel anything. Not hurt nor happy," Jungkook looked at Taehyung as he spoke.

They both stared. Taehyung didn't answer, but he understood.

    "Do you plan on finding your soulmate?" Taehyung was hesitant to ask.

Jungkook took a second to think before replying, "Maybe, I mean it's hard. My mark isn't in a place where the glow is seen."

His answer intrigued the elder, who was now fully attentive.

   "Where is your mark?" Taehyung asked.

    "On my right thigh," Jungkook smiled pointing to said spot.

Taehyung's next question surprised the younger. "Can I see it?"

Jungkook stared at him, stunned.

   "I would have to take my jeans off for that," Jungkook awkwardly points out.

Taehyung made an 'o' with his mouth, embarrassment written all over his face.

      "Where's your mark?" Jungkook asked the other.

      "On my right arm," Taehyung smiled at the younger, pointing to his covered arm.

     "Can I see?" Jungkook asked with curious eyes.

Taehyung nodded as he began to roll his sleeve down, completely unaware of what could unfold. As he rolled just a small portion of his sleeve down he noticed an oddly familiar glow. A small shimmer below his sleeve. His heart was pounding.

He rolled another small portion, and that time Jungkook could also see the glow. Taehyung rolled the rest down, and a pure display was a glowing snake design on Taehyung's arm. The two males were left with both their mouths dry. Jungkook stared at the elders arm in disbelief. He knew that design all too well. He carried that same design on his body. He didn't want to believe what he was seeing. Maybe there was someone else that was just outside? He wanted the clarification. Without even thinking. Jungkook unbuttoned his jeans and rolled them down just below his knees. Taehyung stared, open-mouthed. In full display was the same intricate design of a snake wrapped around Jungkook's thigh. The glow immensely bright now that they were brought together.

    "It can't be," Jungkook spoke softly. He can't be his soulmate can't he?

    "I- how?" Taehyung spoke with the same expression.

They stared at each other, only causing their marks to glow much brighter. Their marks were waiting to be sealed, but neither one of them got closer. The moment was quickly evanescent, for Jungkook had pulled his jeans up and ran out of the room. His heart weighed on him as he ran away from that room. He repudiated the fact that he found his soulmate, and that his soulmate was someone he just didn't want it to be.

Meanwhile, Taehyung was left alone the glow on his arm faded. It was left in such ennui, like it was needing to be alive again. For a moment he felt an umbrage at how Jungkook left him. They were soulmates and he was just rejected. His heart was heavy, a feeling he was unfamiliar with.

He just found his soulmate, but was unsure if he wanted it.

   "Jungkook? Are you okay?" A voice took the said male out of his trance.

    "Yeah hyung," he responded.

The elder only stared at him, not believing his answer.

    "So, how are you feeling?"the elder asked.

     "Why is everyone asking me that? I'm fine!" Jungkook yelled out in frustration.

     "Oh, sorry," the other mumbles.

Jungkook looked at his friends saddened expression and was filled with guilt.

"I'm sorry jiminie hyung, it just don't like that question," Jungkook apologized.

   "It's alright, don't worry. I was just checking up on you," Jimin reassured the younger boy.

   "Hyung, about Yugyeom, it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. He's not my soulmate so it doesn't matter. Hopefully he stayed with his," Jungkook smiled at the elder.

   "I'm glad it doesn't bother you kooks. Now we'll have to search for yours!" Jimin gave the younger a smile.

The younger's heart stops. His soulmate.

    "That won't be necessary hyung," he mumbled, looking away.

    "Why not? I thought you loved the idea of it?" Jimin furrowed his eyebrows. Jungkook's words left him utterly confused, Jungkook always loved talking about his soulmate and then he brushes it off? Jimin knee something was off.

     "I- I just don't want to look for them anymore, it could take years and I just don't want to go through all that," the younger male exclaims.

    "Oh- are you sure?" The younger only nodded. Jimin left it at that, deciding not to pester the younger.

For rest of their afternoon they didn't touch the soulmate topic again. Jungkook tried to not think back to the moment with Taehyung, but it was all that occupied his mind. Jimin noticed how the younger male seemed so out of it, but decided he would wait for the younger to tell him if something bothered him.

Taehyung wasn't any better. The glowing marks was all that was on his mind. The disbelief on Jungkook's face was engraved in his head. After the incident he just couldn't stay at school. He returned home and locked himself in his room, not bothering to leave. A day he wasn't waiting for came a lot sooner and all he could do was be stuck in a headspace he couldn't leave.

——
Hobi Hyung🌱

Hyung? You may not be
Awake but I have something
To get off my chest.
Today, I discovered who my
Soulmate is. And I don't know how to feel
About it.
Delivered 00:23

Yoongi 🥱

Hyung? Something unexpected
Happened. I  saw my soulmate today.
I didn't  expect it to be who it is. I
Don't know how to feel.
Delivered 00:23

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.4K 1.4K 57
••• "I think someone's watching..." ••• Taekook~ Will have sensitive topics Will have smut Art isn't mine, credit to artist Highest rank🏆: #36 botto...
1.8K 50 8
Jungkook just wants to meet his soulmate. And he meets him. Just not the way he wanted but he wouldn't change a thing even if he has a chance.
327 11 2
"Destiny is ours to control and choose... so won't you please choose to be mine?" Jungkook likes someone who isn't his soulmate. The feeling itself...
46K 3.3K 41
"You belong to me," "I belong to no one. I'm not a freaking object," Namjoon being the Strongest, Over protective and the possessive Alpha he is fin...