2DDLC: Element Guardians! (Sa...

Per AppleJuice7227

(Cover by, JustAFriendlyChild)! Back then, before all of this happened, it was fun. Calm. But now, we're fig... Més

Chapter One: Running
Chapter Two: Show You The Ropes
Chapter three: Emerald Green And A New Blue
Chapter Four: Small, But Roars Like A Lion
Chapter Five: Eyes Of The Night
Chapter Six: Watering Dirt
Chapter Seven: Helpers
Chapter Eight: Acting Different
Chapter Nine: Restart and Repeat
Chapter Ten: Explaining And Complaining
Chapter Eleven: Singing For A Waitress
Chapter Twelve: Instead Of Him, Pick Me
Chapter Thirteen: Understanding At The Next Level
Chapter Fourteen: Bear Cave
Chapter Fifteen: Unseen Memories
Chapter Sixteen: Too Much In One Night
Chapter Seventeen: Inner Frustration
Chapter Eighteen: Theories
Chapter Nineteen: Spirit
Chapter Twenty: Remorse
Chapter Twenty-One: Impatience
Chapter Twenty-Two: RedStripe
Chapter Twenty-Three: Lack Of Parental Supervision
Chapter Twenty-Four: Life Is Like A Dream
Chapter Twenty-Five: History
Chapter Twenty-Six: One Server Serving Many Dishes
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Delivery Girl
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Transformations
Chapter Thirty: Being Smug
Chapter Thirty-One: (Almost) A forest Fire
Chapter Thirty-Two: Homework Spells
Chapter Thirty-Three: Advantages And Disadvantages
Chapter Thirty-Four: Seen Memories
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Bright Moon and Invisible Sun
Chapter Thirty-Six: Strange
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Extinguishing Flickering Flames
Chapter Thirty-Eight: How A Flame Comes To Be
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Lingering Smoke
Chapter Forty: Rekindling Sparks

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Paws and Ears

579 27 346
Per AppleJuice7227

I was somehow able to fall asleep after that mess of the dream, but as I slowly wake up, I feel like I'm being tugged at or crushed by something. Whatever it is, it's warm, but it's large.

I open my eyes. The morning light once again peers through the window to provide light into the dorm. What in the..?

Where am I?

Theres a giant room ahead, and a sea of some kind of really long and large blanket. The walls are long and big, and so is the door and window.

As I look around, I realize that this is our dorm, it's just so big..?

"Pfft- Ahaha~"

What?

I move my forearms up and off my side, resting them on the bar that held me tight. I glance down at the bar and realize I- Oh.

How did I transform into my fox sleeping? I woke up from the repeating dream human, and now I wake up like this?

I glance down at the bar once again. It's large, and it's holding me tight against something. Wait-

I look up and to my right to see Sayori's sleeping face, her arm holding me and pressing me against her chest and by her cheek. She mutters in her sleep before resting, adjusting her arm so she's more comfortable.

...

"Ahahahaha~"

I feel my ears pressing against my head as I glance away, embarrassed. Does she even know what she's doing?

I didn't realize it was possible to get closer to someone who you sleep right next to, but I guess that proves me wrong.

"S-Sayori.."

Sayori stays asleep, pressing her cheek deeper into my fur.

I can't handle this! I feel like I'm going to die because of how fast my heart is pounding right now!

"Ehehehe~"

Shut up! Can you help?

"No~ This is your problem."

...

Maybe I can re-transform. How do I..?

I shut my eyes, trying my best to focus on becoming human again.

But I can't exactly focus right now because of how close Sayori is to me. How did this even happen? And why in the morning?

But, if I ignore myself freaking out, this feels nice. I mean, being in this form is relaxing, and being this close to Sayori is warm. I'm not sure if the warmth is coming from her body heat or me, but it's comfortable.

And it feels nice being protected for once. Even if Sayori doesn't know it.

Plus.. It's still early in the morning and we're both still tired. I wouldn't want to wake Sayori up, you know?

And.. It's not like.. Like I mind being this close to her anyways...

I mean, how can you not fall asleep while being this comfortable...?

So, it's okay if I just.. Rest.. For a bit..

...

...

I jerk my eyes open.

Nope, nope, nope! Not doing that! Sayori and I need to head out for school, even if we may not have the cafe early in the morning, we still have stuff to do.

I can't just take advantage of Sayori sleeping like this. Once she finds out, she'll be creeped out if I just fell asleep in her arms.

"Sayori, wake up.." I try and nudge my way out from her arms, but her grip is stronger then I thought it would be.

"Nnnnggg..." Sayori grumbles sleepily, shifting around before staying still again.

"Sayori."

"W-Waaat..?" Sayori mumbles sleepily, keeping her eyes closed.

"Wake up, we're going to be late." I say, watching her as she yawns.

"Five more minutes.."

"No, I've already let you sleep for five extra minutes..!"

"Then.. Ten more.." Sayori slowly opens her eyes, the blue in them still sparkling and fresh as they are just starting to wake up.

She glances around the room tiredly before her eyes landed on me. She smiled softly. "Hey Mr. Teddy.."

I feel myself blushing. "U-Uh, Sayori.."

Her eyes suddenly widen as if she's just now woken up, and just now realized that she's holding me. Or, at least, she's holding a talking animal.

"AAAHH!!" She screams, sitting up and jerking back while extending her arms out to hold me up.

"AH-" The sudden movement causes me to yelp in surprise, making Sayori jump and fall backwards off the bed while holding me.

She hits the ground on her back loudly while I transform back into a human, only keeping the fox tails that brushed against ground. I kneeled on my legs over Sayori who was still grabbing onto my waist, probably too shocked to let go.

I feel the fox ears brush against my head as I stare down at her, Sayori's eyes blankly starring back up at me.

"..."

"..."

"Damn, why didn't I bring the popcorn?"

W-What?

"Whaaat? Come on! This is a big scene right now!"

T-This isn't anything..!

"What? Girl, you can't be serious with me right now. You can clearly see as well as I what just happened."

I try to keep myself from blushing harder then I am already. "G-Good morning~"

Sayori giggles, her ears tinted a light pink. "L-Looks like you transformed, huh?"

"Ahaha~ Yeah, s-sorry.."

"Ehehe~ It's o-okay..!"

I jerk my eyes to the door as someone begins banging on it loudly. A muffled voice comes from behind the door. "Hey! Sayori, Monika! What's taking so long? We're gonna be late for breakfast!"

Oh crap- I forgot-

But Sayori and I continue to lock eyes, just starring at each other, both embarrassed we're in this situation.

Ah.. I feel really dizzy..

Why do I..?

I don't..

I kinda like the feeling.. In a weird way..

D-Did Sayori always look this nice..?

"HEY!" The angered girl from behind the door thrusts her fists into it again, this time louder. "OPEN UP!"

I shake my head, trying to get rid of the thought and slowly get up and off Sayori, watching her let go of my waist.

"Sorry.."

Sayori stands up and giggles, her face still slightly red in embarrassment. "It's okay~! I-" She suddenly cuts herself off. "I-I'm glad you transformed!"

She flashes me a smile before racing to the door and unlocking it. She stepped to the side to open it, allowing Natsuki to walk in.

"What took so long? Yuri's at the library-" She glares at Sayori before crossing her arms. "Wait, are you guys even in your school uniform yet?"

Sayori presses her fingers together. "Ehehe~ No.. We just woke up.."

"What?" Natsuki growls. "You mean you just woke up now? Why didn't Monika-" She stops as her eyes land on me. The blink in surprise for a moment before the pinkette sighs. "How'd you do that?"

"I just woke up like this.." I admit, leaving out.. Basically everything else that happened this morning.

"Great. The one time Yuri isn't with me and you two are disorganized." Natsuki grumbles, shaking her head. "Where's the girl when you need her? I'll be waiting outside, but hurry up!"

"Okay, we will!" Sayori exclaimed, running to the bathroom while Natsuki walks out.

"So. You gonna transform back now?"

...

How do I do that?

The three of us walk down the hallway, heading towards the main lobby. "I'm gonna get breakfast, since the cafe isn't open, the boys are probably going to be there."

"You want to see them?" I ask playfully, Natsuki immediately pouting.

"Ew! No way! They're just good for company, that's all."

"Then I'll join you!" Sayori exclaims. "I'm starving!"

Natsuki chuckled. "When are you not?"

"Hey!"

"I'll see you at class then." I say as we enter the lobby.

Sayori glances at me curiously. "You aren't having breakfast?"

"I'm not really hungry today." I admit.

"Where ya going then?" Natsuki asked.

"Forest."

"Can we take care of your bag for you then?" Sayori's questions, gesturing to the school bag on my shoulder. "We'll give it back during first period."

I nod thankfully and give her my bag. "Thanks, I'll see you guys later." I wave them off before heading away from them and out to the entrance of the school.

The mornings here are really nice. It's warm, no breeze, and the sky's this really bright blue colour that can't get any brighter. I notice a few kids out on the school campus, some running around or others just sitting down and talking. I, however, go to the forest, entering it quietly.

"Yeah, what are you doing anyways?"

Training.

"Why? I thought you did that in the evening?"

I thought you were the one who told me I wasted my time not training.

"Alright, go ahead. I'm not going to stop you."

The suns rays shine down on the forest floors from the gaps in the tree leafs and branches, giving things an extra morning glow.

After a few moments of trekking through the uneven woods, I reach the giant oak tree with the river. Yesterday's training session floods back into my mind, and I find myself chuckling.

Man, we're all so stupid..

I stand up over the river, glancing down at the flowing water before looking back up at the sky. The water made small sounds as it flowed over small pebbles, and was accompanied by the songs of birds.

Okay.. Let's try this.

Taking a small inhale, I close my eyes.

If I can transform in my dreams, and I did it this morning, so I should be able to do it fine if I try again, right?

...

Do it again.. Nine tailed fox..

...

...

Did I do it?

"I dunno, did you?"

I hesitantly open my eyes, glancing down at the river across from me to see my reflexion.

Yes! First try!

What's staring back at me is a fox, four paws and nine tails.

"So what's your plan now?"

Now, I just..

I turn my body, slowly placing one paw over the other so I stand beside the river. Ugh, it feels weird moving four legs like this..

"I'm sure you'll get used to it."

I hope.

Okay. So, last time I didn't know how to walk.

So I'm going to fix that.

I stand still for a minute. Everything seems to be larger, (Due to me being smaller,) and I seem to be more sensitive on stuff. And feeling the sunlight hit my fur like it hitting bare skin feels really strange.

I mean, who am I kidding? This whole thing is strange.

I shake my head to clear my thoughts and glance down at my paws. How do animals usually do it..?

Uhm..

I lift my front right paw, extending it and placing it down. I do the same with my back left paw, and then the same with the two other paws so I'm standing straight again, but this time I moved forward.

"Pfft- Ahaha- That looks ridiculous..!"

I'm trying, okay? Why don't you try use your shapeshifting skills and walk as a four legged creature for the first time?

"I would, but that prevents the fun in seeing you try, and fail at it. And it's hilarious. So do it again!"

Some helper you are.

"No, no, no! I'm serious, try again! Ahaha!"

I glance down at the ground and my paws, lifting them so they could take me forward. After a while, I start to get a small momentum going.

The pace I'm going at isn't fast as I want it to be, but it's steady enough.

Feeling confident, I slowly remove my gaze from the ground and lift my head up. I have no idea where I am in the forest right now, as I've just been walking straight this whole time.

Like trying to learn and ride a bike for the first time, it feels weird not looking down and at what my paws are doing. As if on cue, I feel my right leg bump into my left, and trip, falling onto the grassy ground.

It doesn't help that I hear ES snicker.

"Ugh, shut up." I growl, lifting my head up.

"I didn't even say anything."

"Monika? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm-"

....

Who said that..?

"If you're wondering, that wasn't me."

I know. The voice was actually asking if I was okay. You never do that.

"I-I do that!"

I glance around the area, pushing myself up as I notice a figure walking towards me.

Once it gets into the sunlight, I study it better.

It's a grey furred wolf, slightly larger then average. It pads up closer, sniffing the air curiously. I instinctively tense up, only to notice.. Wings on the side of its body?

They were folded inwards, and I glance up to look at the wolfs violet eyes. "Yuri?"

The wolf nods. "Monika, what are you doing here?"

Hearing her voice come from a wolf's body is slightly distracting, but it probably isn't any different with me talking as a fox. "What are you doing here? I thought Natsuki said that you went to the library."

"I kept thinking about the whole transformation thing from yesterday, and wanted to try it myself." She explains, stopping in front of me. "But what are you doing here? I assumed you'd be at the cafeteria eating breakfast."

"But why aren't you eating breakfast?"

"You didn't answer my question."

I sigh and glance down at the ground. "I was able to transform this morning at just wanted to try and control it better."

"Do you need help?" Yuri asks, laughing slightly.

I laugh nervously. "Yeah, I can't walk like this."

"You'll get used to it."

"As I've been told.."

"Here," She stands beside me, "Just follow my movements."

"How'd you get so good at walking already?" I ask, doing my best to mimic her movements.

Yuri laughs quietly. "I've been practicing for a while."

After a while, I finally start to get the flow of the whole thing. Yuri and I are basically jogging through the forest now, and I can trust myself to walk without having to monitor my paws constantly.

I glance over at the wolf who was matching my pace contently. "Hey, have you tried using your wings yet?"

Yuri glanced down at her side before shaking her head. "No, it still seems off to me."

"Then we should try it when we train later." I exclaimed. "You and Natsuki have wings, right? Sayori could probably use some help swimming with a tail."

"Then we'll have to do it later." Yuri says. "We still have the cafe.."

Yeah, recruiting more waiters or waitresses. Natsuki'll be at her first practice with Ace. I'm slightly worried for her, but I'm sure she'll be okay.

I nod. "Then we'll do it after school finishes."

School..

I stop dead in my tracks, nearly falling over. "Uh.. How long have we been here for..?"

Yuri has stopped walking too, looking back at me, her eyes glistening in worry.

...

"You've been here for about forty minutes."

...

And like unlocking a crate full of wild horses, the two of us turn around and begin to beeline it to the school and out of the forest.

"I can't believe we lost track of time!" I yell, mostly angered at myself. "Mr. Bomes is going to kill us!"

"You're worried about the teacher?" Yuri asks hurriedly, matching my pace. "I'm more worried about Sasha and whatever she's doing to Natsuki and Sayori right now!"

"Oh crap- Sayori has my bag! She's probably worried sick right now!"

"With a basic spell like this, you can't heat a normal room higher than..."

Sayori droned out what her teacher was saying. Learning about a new witch spell was interesting, but not when Monika or Yuri wasn't here.

She glanced worriedly at the seat on her right where she had placed Monika's bag down. Halfway in the lesson and they still haven't shown up.

She then turns her attention at Natsuki, who was tapping her foot under the desk nervously, eyeing the doorway.

Where are they? Sayori thinks worriedly, focusing her attention back on the teacher. She hoped that she didn't do anything to upset them.

Is that why they were late?

The thing in the morning with Monika.. Sayori glanced down at her desk, feeling her face blush. She found Monika kinda cute like that..

But Sayori knew she couldn't think like that. She was happy that Monika could transform though, without going crazy.

She sighed, clearing her negative thoughts and doing her best to focus back on the conversation.

Mr. Bomes pointed to the chalkboard where he had written some notes. "This spell requires focus at all times if you wish to keep the temperature the same heat for the re-"

He got interrupted by the door to the classroom slamming open, two out of breath girls standing at the doorway.

If Sayori didn't know better, she would've almost missed the small speckles of glowing green and purple dust that fell off of the two girls like they had just transformed back into humans.

Natsuki and Sayori both shared a worried but relieved look that their two missing friends had come, but returned their attention back to them.

"S-Sorry we're late.." Monika pants, glancing up at the Mr. Bomes tiredly and apologetically.

Sasha turns around in her seat to glare at Sayori and Natsuki skeptically before turning back to the front. "What were you two doing, running a marathon or something?"

A few students around the class snickered or laugh at Sasha's remark. The teacher of the classroom glades coldly at the two girls by the door. "What were you doing? Do you have a late slip?"

"Uh.." Monika glanced at Yuri worriedly, who shook her head, before looking back at the teacher. "N-No sir, we just lost track of time."

"Well, you'll get off with a warning because this is your first time doing this." He says, narrowing his eyes. "But if this happens again, I won't be so forgiving."

Monika and Yuri both nod, mustering a, "Yes sir," before heading back to their seats.

While passing Sayori's desk, Sayori sat up taller to face Monika. "What were you two doing?" She whispered.

Monika gives her a slight shrug, but her eyes portray the look, "I'll tell you later". So Sayori simply nods and returns her focus back on the lesson.

"Anyways," The teacher continues. "Your homework will be to write a short essay on why this spell would be important back in 1547, and do it yourself. It will be due tomorrow. Now, let's move on to..."

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

73 0 20
Just a DDLC fanfic with nothing but my own perception of certain things. In the end, I just do this for fun. A little something you should know: this...
887 40 11
*PLEASE READ THIS!!! DEAR GOD THIS WON'T MAKE SENSE IF YOU DON'T!!* This is the second book in the "DDLC: A New Ending" series, link to the first in...
37.5K 694 60
A book with oneshots and scenarios regarding the characters from Doki Doki Literature Club (shockingly) * * * DDLC belongs to Team Salvato, which yo...
11.8K 182 26
You have known Sayori for years. She's your most cherished friend, and you know each other so well. You've always loved her since day one, but didn't...