Marjaavan - A Journey of Arra...

By bhawnasr

When Nandini's mother had told her that a family was coming to see her for marriage, she didn't expect the gu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 6

6K 528 39
By bhawnasr

"You can start the meeting." I order and sit back. Looking around I have all their eyes on me since the moment I walked in and suddenly stopped in the middle to respond to Nandini's text.

Ignoring their stares, I look in front of me, at the powerpoint the presenter had made. Ridiculous. Even a college student makes a better powerpoint than this. Stay calm Malhotra.

Tuning the presenter's voice out, my mind drifts to Nandini. She has been really worried about her reunion. Not that she has anything to worry about unless she doesn't do as she is told. The thought is displeasing. I hope she calls me the moment she feels uncomfortable.

She has proven to be someone who doesn't like to be obedient. It would take everything in me to not get angry at her if she doesn't call me.

Last time I got mad at her for not calling me to inform that she had reached home and she so cutely managed to calm me down. It took me a few seconds to realize that I wasn't angry at her right after she spoke. It amazed me and shocked me at the same time.

"Mr. Malhotra, should we go ahead with the plan?" My thoughts of Nandini are interrupted. I look up and all their eyes are on me again.

Shit. What were they talking about?

"What was that again?" They repeat whatever was said and this time I listen and concentrate on them without drifting back to Nandini's thoughts.

Nandini's POV

I got ready in my black sleeveless jumpsuit with beige Louboutins. I grab my small beige Louis Vuitton bag that has gold chain straps and the LV is imprinted in gold. Something about gold details on things always has me buying them.

Taking a deep breath, I look at myself for one last time. I fix my hair that I have decided to let down in curls. I look at my makeup to make sure everything looks fine. When I'm satisfied with how I look, I move downstairs towards my car.

I try to calm my nerves and focus on driving. There is nothing to worry about. A book I had read about how to not worry comes in my mind. The author had written to evaluate the situation and come up with the worst-case scenario in order to prevent worrying yourself.

Let's try it out. What's the worse thing that could possibly happen? They could all gang up against me. But what are the odds of that happening? They are not monsters Nandini! Besides I remember being friends with most of them. I'm just scaring myself into this. Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I guess the author did have a point after all.

Shaking the negative thoughts away, I reassure myself with positive thoughts. If anything bad happens, I know Manik will come to save me. He will, won't he? Trust, Nandini, you need to start trusting people.

Taking a deep breath, I take a look around me. As I park my car, I realize that nothing has changed. The school still looks the same. They have done an excellent job at maintaining it but then again they have to. It's one of the most prestigious private schools in India. My parents sure did spend a lot of money at mine and Abhi's education.

The vivid memories of school days are running in my mind as I walk inside. The endless conversations, the laughter, the crushes, the giggles, the sadness as we said our goodbyes on the last day. They are all still very new in my mind.

"Is that you Nandini? Oh my god!" I hear what seems to be the voice of one of the nicest girls we had in our school, Jeevika.

I turn to look at her and she is standing with her group of friends. Unlike her, her friends weren't that nice and we never got along well. It still is a mystery to me how they became friends.

"Jeevika. Hi. How are you doing?" I take her in a hug, ignoring her friends.

"I'm fine. How are you? I can't believe you came. I remember you had said back in school that you wouldn't attend any sort of reunion." Yeah, the Nandini then knew something that's why she said it! I don't tell her that I almost didn't come.

"Well, I thought of giving it a try. It's really nice to see you."

I finally turn to her friends who are looking at me from head to toe, most probably judging and calculating the price of each thing I have on me.

Reluctantly, I greet them with a polite smile. Nothing has changed. They are still the annoying-wanna-be-popular girls. They greet me like we are best friends who are meeting after years of separation. Two-faced bitxhes.

I'm pretty sure the moment I'm a little far away from them, they are going to gossip about me and criticize my outfit. This is one of the reasons I didn't want to attend this reunion. I didn't want to deal with this situation and the two-faced girls who seem like your best friend in front of your face and turn into your enemy behind your back.

I lowkey miss Navya. She would have clapped back at them with her sarcasm and we would have laughed about it later. Oh, Navya.

"So Nandini what are you doing nowadays?" I hear Ria asking me which brings me out of my thoughts.

Ria is a tall girl with a pretty face who had all the boys falling for her back in school, I'm pretty sure she still has men running behind her. The only thing she lacks is politeness and kindness.

Ria is the leader of the squad. Back in school days, they used to follow her around like little children following their parents. I hope that has changed. I wonder if they stayed friends throughout the years.

"I graduated recently and I'm currently doing my internship at our company."

"Of course. Taking over daddy's company, eh?" She flips her hair back as she says that. Her tone is offensive. She is mocking me.

It's okay Nandini. It is okay.

"Taking over companies isn't my thing yet Ria. I'll let you know when it becomes." I fake a smile and turning to Jeevika I whisper a see you later and move from there.

Jeevika gives me a sympathetic smile and whispers a sorry in a very low voice that I barely hear.

Moving ahead to the area they had decorated for the reunion, I'm tempted to leave.

I barely had looked around the decorations when my eyes land on a very familiar face that I used to stare for hours. The face that I know so well that I could draw it with my eyes closed. Oh no. I need to leave. Right. Now.

I turn, ready to leave and forget all about this when a voice stops me and freezes me to the spot. His voice. The voice that I used to love hearing. The voice that had comforted me so many times, the voice that had made me happy so many times, the voice that had made me laugh and giggle at horrible jokes but also the voice that completely broke me and left me hanging with nothing but tears.

No. Don't go there. Don't think about it.

I don't turn as I hear his footsteps approaching me. He stops when he is close enough.

"Nandini. I can't believe I'm seeing you here. It's been so long." I close my eyes trying to compose myself. It's been exactly 4 years.

I had met him again after so many years before I started university. He flirted with me and the crush I had on him back in school came back and I couldn't help myself but give in when he had asked me out on a date. Dates became our daily routine. We used to meet every day, talk to each other almost all the time throughout the day.

We were so good together. All my firsts were with him, from first date to first kiss. I can't believe I almost had given him my virginity. I had started imagining my future with him and he entertained that idea for a while before I saw the real him.

"Arjun." I breathe out his name that used to bring butterflies to my stomach.

I turn to look at him and there he is handsome as ever. Nothing has changed. He still has that bad boy image going on with his black ripped jeans and white graphic t-shirt. His tall height that is less than Manik is hovering over me and I take a step back to create some distance between us. The last thing I want is to get any closer to him.

"How are you doing cupcake?" I cringe as I hear him call me cupcake. The nickname he had given me because I always used to make him cupcakes. Little did he know that I used to make them just because he liked them not because I liked to make them. He never noticed the little things I did for him. From the cupcakes to taking care of his room, I had done everything for him.

"I wouldn't even look at me if I were you Arjun. Considering what had happened the last time we had met and what you had done to me. I can't believe you had the audacity to not only come close to me but also talk to me like nothing happened." My voice is stern and I hope he doesn't miss the hatred that accompanies it.

"Oh come on cupcake. It's been so long. Just forget everything. I know I made a mistake and I'm very sorry but I was stupid back then. I didn't know what came over me that day. I thought about what I did, about us, about you. I made a huge mistake. I'm so sorry."

He is making me really angry and I really need to go before I say or do something that I would definitely not regret but I would rather not cause a scene here.

I turn and walk fast outside while I call Manik. I can hear Arjun calling my name and following me.

"Manik. Please pick me up quickly." I don't even let him say anything.

"Nandini, fvck, what happened? I'm right outside. I'll come and get you at the entrance." I hear him opening his car door before I hang up.

I walk towards the entrance of the school and I see Jeevika and her squad still there.

They are looking at me. Staring at me as I walk ready to explode. My eyes are getting watery. I hate that I cry when I get angry. This is not the time for the waterfalls.

Arjun seems to have caught up with me as he grabs my wrist stopping me from walking any further.

"Come on Nandini, you can't just walk away like this. Let's talk about this. I promise I'll make everything right." Make everything right? What a fvcking joke.

"You can't make anything right. You couldn't back then and neither will you now. Please don't touch me." I pull my hand out of his hold.

Ria comes closer to us with her fake concern. The bitxh is always ready for drama. Her little minions following along and standing next to her. Jeevika is nowhere to be seen. She probably left.

I look at her squad that is still here. They all look so funny together with their fake politeness and concern. I would have laughed at the sight if I wasn't in this situation. I'm pretty sure Navya would have taken a photo to laugh at it forever. She would have loved their faces.

"Arjun is everything alright?" Her fake concern dripping as she looks at me and Arjun.

"Nandini, darling, you look so worried. Is everything okay between you and Arjun? Are you guys still together?" All her attention is on my face. They are all waiting for my answer. Of course, they want to know if Arjun is single. There was a time I would have cared about the looks they are giving to him. But not anymore. You can have him Ria.

"Cupcake please don't be like this. Give me a chance and I'll make everything like it used to be. I missed you. Come back to me." Arjun ignores Ria and grabs my wrist again pulling me slightly closer to him.

"Leave my hand Arjun." I struggle to get out of his hold this time as he holds it tighter.

"Leave her hand before I punch you." Manik. His voice is accompanied by anger. He's really angry. Angrier than the day I hadn't called him to inform I had reached home. Way more angry and I can tell by his voice that this will not end well.

Arjun leaves my hand as his eyes widen looking at Manik and I hear Ria gasp as she stares at Manik like she saw her favorite candy. Soon all her squad follows. They are all staring at Malhotra with wide eyes like they can't believe they are seeing him. Do they know him or is it just the Manik charm? Whom am I kidding? It's both. Everyone knows who he is and his charm always works on women.

I turn to look at him. I see John first who is right behind Manik. He doesn't look very happy. His face is stern as if he is ready to fight with just one order from Manik. My eyes turn to look at Manik. His eyes are red with anger. He looks like he is trying hard to stay calm and not jump on Arjun. Oh boy this for sure is not going to end well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 10.8K 36
MANAN: HER PRINCESS LIFE Nandini is a middle class girl who dreams of having a princess life.This is a humorous +possessive +romantic story.Her char...
56.3K 6.3K 35
Synopsis: What happens when a lawyer with very little discretion meets a player boy? Amidst the flush of ego, attraction, seduction and a hell lot o...
610K 23.7K 28
This is a fan fiction based on the youth show Kaisi Yeh yaariaan- popularly known as KYY. --------- The story revolves around Nandini Murthy- a twen...
28.1K 2.1K 16
Hello guys am starting new story about our own Manan It's about manan's arrange marriage. Manik Malhotra rich, rude, arrogant,spoiled brat, egoisti...