Forever - Johnny Cade

By Writergal1500

Kinsley, a sixteen year old with a rough home life is about to give up from the pain and torture life suffoca... More

*Warnings*
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
UPDATE
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
My Apologies!
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36:
Chapter 37:
Chapter 38:
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42:
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44:
Chapter 45:
Chapter 46:
Chapter 47:
Chapter 48
Chapter 49:
Chapter 50:
Chapter 51:
Update
Chapter 52:
Chapter 53:
Chapter 54:

Chapter 21:

4.1K 56 48
By Writergal1500

Oh?

That's not what I was expecting.

My eyes widen and jaw drops as I try to gather my thoughts.

Girlfriend?

I was ready for him to tell me that it was some kind of cruel joke, not to ask me to be his girlfriend! 

I was preparing my words for that, not this.

Now I'm left all speechless in front of him as he patiently and painfully waits for my answer.

"I- I'm sorry, I shouldn't ha-" he began to say before I could finally speak to cut him off, "no! It's fine. I just wasn't expecting this... that's all" I tell him, looking into his wide doe eyes.

I could see his body relax a little as he lets out a breath.

"Yes. I will be your girlfriend" I tell him with a smile on my face as butterflies flutter around in my stomach.

"But theres one thing" I tell him.

He looks me in the eyes and tilts his head to the side, "what?" he asks concerned.

"I don't really know how to be a... a girlfriend" I tell him honestly.

I've never been one before.

My brothers never had one before.

And they didn't have the best relationship.

Johnny smiles cutely, "I don't really know how to be a boyfriend either... but we'll take it slow and learn as we go along" he says sweetly.

I blush heavily at his kind words, and before I could control myself I was leaning into him, our lips connecting again.

It was just a small peck before we pulled away, both blushing and smiling messes.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's a mess.

We didn't realize how tired we were till we settled down from our adrenaline rush.

"I don't have the energy to walk back to the Curtis's" I tell Johnny, "neither do I. It's okay, we can sleep here" he replies.

"You sure?" I ask him, "yeah, Pony and I do sometimes, it's fine, no one comes here" he says as he starts to get comfortable.

"Okay" I say, trusting Johnny.

Thankfully it was a warm night and there was hardly any wind, so the cold wouldn't be a problem.

I started to get comfortable, turning on my side to face Johnny's face.

We were close enough that his warm breath was tickling my nose.

"Goodnight, Kins" he says with a smile before closing his eyes, "goodnight, Johnny" I reply with the same smile as I close my eyes.

***

I woke up to someone saying, "imagine what Darry would say".

I jolt up, and could feel Johnny jolting up beside me too, our jaws dropping once we saw Pony standing in front of us, a smug smile on his face.

"Pony, please don't tell him" I say, "please Pony" Johnny joins in, "Guys, relax, I was just kidding" he says, his smug smile fading, turning into a real one.

Johnny and I both let out a sigh of relief.

"But seriously, you better get to the house, Darry's worried" Pony says starting to walk away.

Johnny and I follow along, Pony a few feet ahead of us.

"So, I was wondering... now that... we're... together, if you would like to go on a date with me? Since I know that's one things couples do" Johnny says.

I look down at the ground and kick a rock off to the side, "yeah, of course, where were you thinking?" I ask him in curiosity since I don't know many things to do in Tulsa beside hanging out with the gang.

"It's a surprise" he says with a smile as he looks away from me.

"Okay then" I respond as we reach the Curtis house.

Once we enter, Darry gets up from his spot on his reclining chair, "where were you two last night?" he asks in a strict tone.

"We were really tired, and we were closer to Dally's, so we stayed with him" I say, realizing that Dally wasn't here to expose us.

"Yeah, sorry we didn't call, Buck's phone was down" Johnny responded.

Darry looked at us suspicusously before saying, "okay" and calmly walking back to his chair.

I sigh in relief and look over at Pony who was smiling widely, enjoying this all too much.

***

It was the next day, and Johnny said he had something planned for us, so I was waiting on the couch, a little more dressed up than normal, waiting for Johnny to open the door.

I was so concentrated on thinking how to act that when he did finally open the door, I was caught off guard.

"Hey, Kins" Johnny greets me, "hey, Johnny" I say as I get up from the couch.

"You ready?" he asks, "yeah, but I still don't know where we're going" I tell him, "it's still a surprise" he says with a cute secretive smile on his face.

I roll my eyes and walk out the door, Johnny following behind me.

I got on the stairs and let him walk in front of me so he could lead the way, "show me the way" I say as we start walking to this mysterious date place.

***

I eventually found out about the secret spot when we started walking towards the bowling place.

I was quite glad it wasn't some dinner or lunch thing, and it was something less scary and formal.

I'm more of the playful type than the formal type.

Johnny opened the door for me, and I thanked him as I walked in.

I walked down the stairs and into the bowling part.

It was pretty big, a few tables where people can rest and eat some food, a front desk that was cluttered with snacks and drinks, five bowling lanes, and a spot to put your shoes.

It was a nice place considering it being in Tulsa.

I've never actually been in a bowling place, so I had no idea what to do, and followed Johnny up to the front desk like a lost puppy.

He signed us up, and got us our shoes, and we were set.

We walked to our bowling lane which was the farthest away from the desk, and put our bowling shoes on.

"Have you ever bowled before?" I ask Johnny, "once, I wasn't very good at it. What about you?" he asks, "never" I tell him, "then I'll actually have a chance of winning" he says with a smile as he grabs a bowling ball.

I chuckle as I watch him walk up to the lane to make his first bowl.

He winds his arm back and tries making a cool pose as he does it, but the ball ends up in the gutter.

I cover my mouth and begin to laugh at the anti climatic bowler Johnny Cade made his way back from the lane.

"I don't know, I think this will be pretty even" I tell him as I walk up to take my shot.

I pick up the heavy bowling ball, and attempt to aim it in the middle, but when I release, the ball ends up in the gutter.

I could hear footsteps coming up from behind me, "well, this will be interesting" Johnny says, smiles forming on our faces.

***

We've been playing for about fifteen minutes, and my arms were starting to hurt from constantly picking up and rolling the bowling balls.

But I couldn't give up because Johnny was winning.

I went to pick up another ball, my arm stinging once I did.

I walked over to the lane, and tried bowling like normal, but my arm wouldn't allow it, so I did the only thing I could do, I went to granny throw it.

I spread my legs wide and bent my back forward, putting the ball in between my legs so that I could roll it. (Ignore how wrong this sounds)

I could hear Johnny laughing behind me, silently judging me. 

I don't blame him, I was laughing at myself, having troubles keeping my balance as I tried to aim, "my arms are tired" I complain with a chuckle as I roll the ball.

I watched in awe when the ball went perfectly straight to the pins, hardly moving, and my eyes widened when all of the pins fell over.

"I got a strike!" I yelled in happiness as I jump up and down, I turned to look at Johnny, a shocked expression on his face.

"Haha! Now I'm beating you!" I rub it in his face as I happily walk back to my seat.

Johnny picked up the ball, and I was waiting for him to roll it, when , suddenly, he spread his legs, and put the ball beneath them; he was going to granny throw. 

I started laughing to myself at how funny it looks, but laughed even harder when the ball ended up in the gutter not even a second after he rolled it.

He walks back, a pouty look on his face, "don't worry, not everyone has the talent" I tell him, Johnny just rolls his eyes at me and sits down, waiting for me to take the next shot.

***

It was about another ten minutes before we finished the game

I ended up doing the granny throw for the rest of it, but I still ended up winning.

"You just got beat by a first timer" I teaser him, "yeah it was beginners luck" he tells me.

I roll my eyes, "whatever you say, loser" I tease again, "at least I was bowling properly" he says, a smile growing on his face thinking he got me.

"Come on, you even tried granny throwing it... it ended up in the gutter" I tell him, trying not to laugh, "but I didn't do it for most of the game" he says, "it was past half when I did it" I protest.

He just rolls his eyes at me, and I roll my eyes at him, and we laughed it off.

We ordered some cokes and snacks to take care of our grumbling stomachs, and sat down, eating them at the tables.

When we were done we headed up the stairs and into the hot outdoors.

The sun was about to set, but luckily it was still nice.

I was about to walk in the direction of the Curtis house when a hand grabbed my wrist.

I turned around to see Johnny, a cute shy look on his face as he brings his hand to mine.

I feel my face heat up, and I open my hand so that we can intertwine fingers.

We start to walk towards the Curtis house when we saw Dally walking in the opposite direction.

When he saw us, he smiled as a greeting, but then he looked down at our hands, his face changing.

He then walked over to us, his bouncy walk making him look all the more intimidating.

"Are you two a thing now?" he asks straight up, Johnny looks at me and then looks at Dally, "yeah" he says.

Dally just stares at us, "well congratulations" he says as he walks away, not saying another word to us.

Johnny and I looked at each other in confusion, "that's weird" I say, and Johnny nods his head in agreement.

***

After Johnny left with Two, I was left alone in my room thinking about the date.

It was so much fun.

I also did not except it to go like that.

I thought I would be all awkward and not know how to act, but I just flowed naturally and was completely myself, same with Johnny, and we had a fantastic time.

I didn't have to be someone else around Johnny.

I didn't have to think of how I will act around him because I don't have to try.

It was comforting to know that the pressure of acting like someone else was gone.

Why hello there. 

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter, it took a while to write because of all the breaks I took, and I also re wrote some parts not liking certain parts.

Anyways, till next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 171 15
Ponyboy comes home for the holidays and is learning how to act on his feelings. - Copyright ยฉ๏ธ | @-TheFandomLife- (2022) Cover by: @greaserbabes #1...
22.7K 332 62
Stacy Greene has just moved to town from California to get away from her past. She meets a gang of 'greasers' and quickly becomes friends with them...