But I love her

By Just_peachy21

Adrien Dunlap is the son of the famous Conor Dunlap, football star. Conor wants him to follow in his footstep... More

Before you read
Character aesthetics
1~news
2~the fight
3~Aria
4~dinner
5~the park
6~hospital
7~picnic
8~thursday
9~pep rally
10~game time
11~barbecue
12~kathy
13~urge
14~headache
15~date
16~drama
17~dance
18~defense
19~clear
20~hickey
21-planning
23~steak 'n shake
24~homecoming
25~homecoming
26~max
27~ october 29 pt.1
28~october 29 pt.2
Epilouge
Last authors note

22~surprise

144 6 0
By Just_peachy21

•Aria's POV•
"Als for the last time I'm not going out tonight" I argued. Allie just came into my house and told me to get dressed in something nice.

"You have to Ri you don't understand this is literally a one time thing" she whined.

"I just don't want to. Not tonight"

"Why not?"

"Because I don't feel like it"

"Ugh ever since you got a boyfriend we've hardly ever hung out." This made me feel bad. Am I really with Adrien this much?

"I'm sorry but can we hang out tomorrow and not tonight" I would love to hang out with her but tonight just really isn't the best. I'm really tired and Kathy has been texting me all night. She's still really mad that I 'stole' and kissed 'her' boyfriend right in front of her.

"But this is a one time thing" she whined. She texted someone on her phone. She's been stuck to that thing since she got here.

"Who are you texting? You've hardly taken your eyes off that thing"

"Oh it's just Maverick he needed help with homework" she turned off her phone and put it in her back pocket.

"Ooo Maverick. Does someone have a crush?"

"No were just friends"

"Friends" I said, staring her down.

She grabbed a pillow from my bed and threw it at me. "Oh god you're just like your boyfriend" I gave her a questionable look. "He said the same thing except he elaborated with friends with benefits" Right then and there I died of laughter.

I sobered up a little when she gave me a serious look. "What?"

"Go get dressed now we have somewhere to be in" she looked at her phone checking the time, her eyes almost popped out of her head."oh shit thirty minutes." She took her phone out and texted someone then ran to my closet.

"What's wrong?" I asked as she frantically looked through my closet finding something for me to wear. I didn't even bother arguing with her anymore. I had to deal with the fact that I had to go.

"It takes twenty minutes to get there. But your boring ass doesn't want to go." She pulled out a white sundress with orange flowers.

"I'm sorry."

"I promise you're not going to regret this. Go put this dress on and I'll do your makeup."

"Yes sir" I soluted.

I put the dress on. It stopped mid thigh and had a square neckline with short puffed sleeves. It was very pretty and flattering on me. Honestly I didn't even know I owned this. I stepped out of the bathroom and did a twirl for Allie.

"You look beautiful" she gushed. My cheeks flamed up slightly at her compliment.

"Thanks"

"Okay now sit while I do your hair and makeup" I sat down obediently in the chair on my desk. While I was in the bathroom Allie turned my desk into a vanity with makeup spread across the top and a small stand up mirror.

Allie worked quickly and steadily. My makeup was natural tones with a little bit of gold shimmer. Once she finished with the makeup. She moved to the hair curling it slightly. Last but not least she put a gold pendant necklace.

"No peeking" she covered my eyes and led to my full length mirror on the back of my door. "Open"

I stood there in shock. I slowly reached out to touch the mirror. "Wow Als I look beautiful"

"I know absolutely wonderful" she handed me a pair of gold strappy sandals that encased my ankles.

"Where'd you get these?" I asked I. Awe

"Online" she shrugged. She checked the time. "Okay we have to go! We're five minutes behind schedule." She dragged me downstairs and out of the door. She texted someone before driving away.
***
"Where are we going, Al?" We were heading to what seemed to be the middle of nowhere. We just got out of city limits.

"Trust me, okay?"

"I do trust you we're just going to the middle of nowhere."

"I promise it nothing bad, this is a one time opportunity."

About five minutes later she parked the car. All I saw was an old barn and fields that go on for forever.

"I have to make a call" Allie said and got out of the car. A few minutes later she came back and told me to follow her. "We have to go to barn"

"How'd you know where this is? How'd you come across this opportunity?"

"I know a guy"

We walked into the barn. Strobe lights lined the poles and ceiling, hay covered the floor. So did a picnic blanket with steak 'n shake on it. Onion rings and a milkshake. Does this girl know me well or what?

"Allie, this is beautiful. How'd you do all this? You did this just for us?" I said taking it all in.

"No honey it wasn't me" she laughed, shaking her head.

"Then who did all this?" She nodded her head up to something or someone. I turned around to see Adrien in the loft. He slowly climbed down and I ran to hug him. He chuckled and hugged me back, spinning me in his arms. He gave me a kiss on the lips at that moment I melted. "You did all this?" I whispered.

"Yeah"

"What for?"

"Our first date"

"This is for our first date?" I asked, shocked. This is like a scene from the movies. Someone pinch me, I must be dreaming.

"Yeah"

"You know I would have been fine with dinner and a movie?" I laughed.

"I'm not going to be that boring"

"Okay I'm gonna go you kids have fun" Allie said leaving the barn.

"Plus why would you go watch a movie where they have a perfect first date when you can go on one yourself?"

"You're right this is better" I kissed him one more time. He led me over to the picnic blanket and we sat down.

"Onion ring malady?" He asked in a terrible accent.

"Why yes I would love an onion ring. Thank you sir" I said in an even worse accent. We both busted out laughing at our stupidity.

"This is great thank you babe." I said snuggling into his chest.

"You're welcome"

"You know I wasn't even gonna come out tonight. I was really tired from dealing with Kathy all day. Then she texted me and once again was mad I took you from her. I wasn't in the mood to do anything but Allie dragged my butt down here and I'm really glad she did"

"I'm glad she did too" I snuggled deeper into his chest and suddenly every worry I've ever had melted away. "Come on u have to show you something" he said standing up. He reached his hand out and I took it and used it to hoist myself off the ground.

I never noticed how cold it was in here and I don't have a jacket. Adrien must've caught on to my coldness because he offered me his jacket which I gladly took. He led me up to the loft and opened the giant window. As far as you could see there were fields.The sun had started its daily descent minutes before we came up here.

"Wow. It's absolutely beautiful"

"Yeah it is" I had a feeling he wasn't talking about the sunset. I looked at him but his gaze was already on me. He was definitely checking me out and he had no shame in doing so. My cheeks burned no doubtedly leaving a light shade of red to cover my cheeks.

We both sat there, his arm over my shoulder and me snuggled into his chest, watching as the horizon swallowed the sun whole. I smiled and sighed contently. I wish I could stay in the moment forever.

"You know you're more beautiful than that sunset. I feel like the luckiest man in the world just because you're sitting her next to me" my cheeks burned. I wouldn't be surprised if my face was a dark shade of crimson.

"You're too adorable," I said, kissing his cheek. "I fail to see how this date could get any better"

"Just you wait" Adrien muttered from beside me.

"What was that?" I asked making sure I heard him right.

"Nothing baby nothing" he said rubbing my arm and kissing my head. I brushed it off and cuddled close to him.

Minutes and minutes passed as we sat in a comfortable silence staring at the horizon that just swallowed the sun. The sun's light fading away. "Babe you're right this is a thousand times better than dinner and a movie"

"Dinner and a movie is for people with no creativity."

"Well that makes you the most creative person I've ever met." He looked down at me and I looked up at him. His eyes held a certain sparkle in them, they glistened moonlight that came shining down from the sky. They were captivating. Before I knew it his lips were on mine. At that perfect, beautiful moment, I knew I fell in love with Adrien Dunlap.

"Babe?" I asked breathlessly when we pulled apart.

"Yes baby" he put his forehead on mine.

"You're the best," I whispered.

"Trust me Ri that title goes to you" he smiled and I felt my cheeks burn. "No nevermind" my heart shattered. What was that supposed to mean? Is there someone else he'd rather be with?

"What do you mean?" I choked out. I pulled away and looked him dead in the eyes. He had a smile on his face and a look in his eyes.

"I mean that you're perfect, being the best doesn't give you enough credit. Hell, neither does perfect. You are more than perfect. Way way better than perfect." if my face wantcred before it sure was red now.

"Babe i'm far from perfect," I complained.

"Baby perfection is just another word for you" he said softly.

"Babe if you don't stop my face will turn into a tomato"

"I think I like the color red on you"

"Babe" I whined.

"Okay okay" he laughed "I'll be right back, don't move" he kissed my head and started to walk down the stairs.

"I'll be here" I whispered to myself.

He came back up a minute later with a plastic container in his hand. "Here I made these especially for you" he handed me the container.

There was a pink paper taped to the top. It said: I would be berry lucky if you went to HOCO with me

I opened it up to see chocolate covered strawberries. My favorite!

"Babe, you know you didn't have to ask."

"Yeah I know but it felt weird not to ask. So what do you say, homecoming?"

"Of course I wouldn't want to go with anybody else" I dug in. Chocolate covered strawberries are the best. "These are amazing" I moaned while eating another one.

Adrien chuckled from beside me. "I'm glad you like them. I stayed up till two am making these"

"Babe, why would you do that? Sleep is more important the chocolate covered strawberries"

"And you're more important than sleep" for what felt like the millionth time on this date my cheeks burned. The temperature outside was cold but I was warm. Cuddling with my boyfriend in his jacket and looking at the stars that decided to come out and play.

"I have one last surprise" Adrien whispered in my ear. I didn't know this could get even better but apparently it can.

He got up and went to mess with something in the corner of the loft. Within seconds music was playing, filling the loft with beautiful sound. He walked back over to me and reached out his hand slowly.

"May I have this dance, malady?"

"Yes you may, kind sir" I took his hand and he pulled me to my feet and into his chest. When he spun me around he did it so easily and flawlessly. He caught me carefully in his arms. There was no jerking and tugging like dance partners I've had in the past. "I didn't know you could dance this good"

"I'm full of surprises."

"Who taught you how to dance?" I found myself asking as we swayed with the wind.

"My mom"

"Was she a dancer?"

"No she was a painter but she believed dancing and painting were one in the same. She taught me that when you paint you have to have soft and flowy stokes just like when you dance your moves have to be soft and flowy. She taught me a lot about life through painting."

"Your mom sounds like an amazing person"

"She was" he looked over to the corner where a giant sheet covered something. "Wanna see something?" I nodded my head.

He walked over to the corner and pulled the sheet off. Dust went everywhere. Once the dust cleared I saw what the sheet was covering.

"These are beautiful," I said,touching a painting that probably would cost at least one hundred dollars if it was sold.

"My mom painted them. This was her painting studio. It used to be my great grandpa's barn. It was passed on to my mom and now it's mine, it's been mine since the day I was born. My dad wants to sell it but I won't let him."

"I love it here"

"So do I"
***
"Bye Ri I had a good time tonight" he walked me to my door like a good boyfriend.

"So did I" I went to open the door but he grabbed my hand.

"What no goodnight kiss?" He teased. I gave him a kiss.

"Goodnight Adrien"

"Goodnight malady"
***
Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! First date yay! How'd y'all like Aria's point of view? I thought it would be nice to spice it up a little. Six chapters left! I really hope you enjoyed this story! Don't worry it's not over yet! Comment vote and follow!
Until next time,
𓆉Kylagrace21 𓆉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 2.2K 38
Short small high school romance Riley Smith. A ordinary teenage girl her mother has passed died to cancer. The only thing she has left is her Father...
26 10 10
A Girl named Ira met a boy in her dreams not knowing they would fall for each other. There friendship ended, but after a few years they would meet ag...
3.2K 83 16
solone evans wants love like what she's sees in movies, like the love she acts out. she gave up until a certain raven haired boy came into perspectiv...