Stop That Flame, Hide That Po...

Da Silverism_Yangist

A non quirk au, but... Midoriya was born with the ability to control fire, but is sure that nobody else, anyw... Altro

1. Backfire
2. Burn
3. Get Back Up
5. Fight For Me
6. We Got Work To Do
7. Party In The USA
8. Black Friday
9. What If?
10. Feast Or Famine
11. Into The Unknown
12. Crossing The Line
13. Wagon On Fire
14. Show Yourself

4. We Are People Now

68 2 0
Da Silverism_Yangist

The next day Midoriya walked into the classroom only to find that he was the first one there, besides Iida, in his seat at the back. It was strange having the room be so quiet, even if he had only been there a day. His father wasn't home, he was just eager to get back to school (something he never thought he'd think, ever).

"Iida! You're here early!" Midoriya said, a real smile spread across his face as he waved to his friend. Iida waved back, a smile on his face as well.

"So are you!"

"What can I say, the nerd lifestyle really kicked me in the butt."

"I hear you loud and clear." They both chuckled lightly before Iida saw the notebook in Midoriya's hand. "Wow, is that an All Might notebook? I love All Might!"

"I do too! He's an amazing actor, and my idol!" Midoriya rushed over to Iida to show him the notebook close up, and Iida took it, and marveled at the cartoon take of the actor.

"Do you want to be an actor when you grow up?" He asked, flipping through a few of the pages, gasping at the extensive notes.

"No, actually I want to become a firefighter, be at least one person's hero... You're not weirded out by the notes?"

"A firefighter is an admirable job, and no, I don't find this weird. Such detailed notes... You must have an analysis superpower or something!" Iida continued reading the notes, so didn't notice as Midoriya paled a little at the comment.

"A-Ahaha, funny... I'm no super human, my IQ is about normal." He said, lying through his teeth.

Iida handed him back the notebook, not noticing, or at least bringing up his strange shift in behaviour. "Would you like to have lunch together today? I noticed you weren't in the lunchroom yesterday."

Midoriya sighed, happy for the subject change before perking up. "I'd love that! Sorry I didn't join you, I ate alone in here. I used to eat alone all the time in middle school."

"Well that won't do! Come and sit with me, and I'm sure Uraraka will also sit with us if we ask her." Midoriya felt a warm feeling bloom in his chest at Iida's words. Hope.

"Thanks Iida." He gave a small, meaningful smile, looking the other in the eyes.

The moment was broken, however, when the door slid open again. Todoroki walked into the room, as stoic as he was yesterday, looked over at the pair, then went straight to his desk and sat down.

Midoriya said his goodbye's to Iida then went and sat in his own chair, scribbling down a few notes before putting the notebook away. He pulled out a normal book about cave people that had become a musical a few years earlier. When more students started walking into the room, he closed the book and got out the equipment that he would need for his first lesson.

Everyone got in on time, the boy with bright blond hair, Kaminari, entering last. Aizawa arrived the same way he had yesterday, lying on the floor in his yellow sleeping bag, and set them off on their first task of the day, before promptly falling back to sleep.

Once people started to realise that Aizawa had actually fallen asleep, they started talking to each other, beginning with whispers, and then gradually raising it to a normal volume. Iida indignantly tried to make everyone be quiet again, but the moment Aizawa's eyes had closed it was too late.

The main perpetrator was a boy with spiky red hair, Kirishima. He seemed very friendly, striking up conversation easily. Kaminari and himself seemed to be good friends already, although they had only met yesterday, and Midoriya doubted it was good to have the two boys sit so close to one another.

He quietly got on with his work for a while, until his pen ran out. He hadn't checked how much ink was left when he took it from the kitchen! He was so stupid.

After a quick root around in his pencil case, he almost cried out when he realised his spare pen wasn't there. It must have fallen out yesterday. He hated losing pens.

He knew talking to Bakugo would be a death wish, so turned to Yaoyorozu to ask if she had a spare pen. She smiled and reached into her bag, withdrawing a pen without even looking. Midoriya took it, thanking her and saying he would give it back at the end of the day. She shook her head and said he could keep it.

"Are you sure? It's such a nice pen..."

"Yes, I'm sure Midoriya," She laughed daintily, delicately placing her hand over of her mouth. "I have a lot of pens, pencils, whatever you need."

"Oh well, thank you! I probably won't need to ask again, don't worry." He turned back around to continue with his work, blushing. Why was talking to girls so hard?!

Scratch that, why was talking to anyone so hard? Also, scratch that, he knew why, the person sitting in front of him was one of the reasons.

But girls were especially hard to speak to, which is why he couldn't believe that one of the first friends he'd made at his new school was a girl. He looked over at Uraraka, who was in the seat Iida had been in yesterday, and smiled a little, before turning back to his work and completing the piece of paper.

He wasn't sure what to do, so just sat and looked out the window for a few minutes, noting Mirio's class was doing PE, until a voice knocked him out of it.

"Midoriya, don't just sit and stare out of the window, do the work!" It was Iida.

"Oh, I finished this piece of paper. Was it double sided?" He flipped the paper over, relieved to see that it wasn't. The room went quiet, and he looked up confused.

"How have you finished?! This should have taken half an hour, at the very least?! You finished it in ten minutes!" Iida cried out in shock.

"It wasn't that hard?" Midoriya said, although it came out more like a question as he tried to lean away from the attention the room was giving him.

"Shut up, will you? He's smarter than the rest of you, get over it." Bakugo's voice growled from where he was hunched over his desk. Midoriya blinked in shock that the boy was defending him, but then shook his head and faced Iida again.

"Damn Midoriya, I knew you were a nerd, but you worked through all of these..? Willyougivemeanswers?" Kaminari asked, earning a slap up the head from the girl to his left, who had long violet hair that traveled down to her shoulders and covered her ears, Jiro.

"Idiot, he isn't going to give you answers, work it out for yourself." She reprimanded him, and like that, everyone went on working, or in Kaminari and Kirishima's case, talking, and occasionally writing down an answer.

Midoriya didn't know what to do, so to pass the time, and as a force of habit, he bought his notebook out. He considered writing something in it, but couldn't think of anything. He looked at Bakugo's back, then carefully tore a page out, something he hated doing, and wrote something on it.

He then scrunched it up and threw it at Bakugo, careful not to hit him, but made sure it landed on his desk. Bakugo immediately whirled around.

"Hah? What do you think you're doing Deku?" Midoriya stayed silent as the class quietened for a second, before it went back to full volume at the glare Bakugo gave them.

"Just read the note Kacchan." He said quietly, folding his hands on the desk. Bakugo glared at him before unfurling the piece of wrinkled paper, that had the two simple words 'thank you' written on them, over a muted grey and white cartoon sketch of All Might that was printed on each page.

"Tch, whatever. I didn't do it to help you."

"Still, I--"

"I said, I didn't do it to help you, now shut up." Midoriya stayed quiet at Bakugo's tone.

Lessons until lunch passed quickly, mostly revising topics they should have learnt in middle school, and picking up on any weaknesses in each student. When lunch did role around, Midoriya excitedly bounded up to Iida, bento box in hand. He was greeted by a smile, and Uraraka pulled out a small box that had her lunch in it.

"Uraraka said she would join us!" Iida said with a chop of his hand.

"Great! Should we start heading to the cafeteria now or...?" Midoriya wasn't used to eating lunch with other people.

"Let's go now. I have to stand in a queue to get my food, so I want to get there before the line gets too long." Iida declared, and started power walking out of the room, refusing to break the school for no running in the halls rule. Uraraka and Midoriya quickly followed, finding it hard to keep up with Iida's long legs.

When the two settled down at a table, joined shortly by Iida, they began eating. Iida's food looked delicious, and Midoriya commented on it.

"Ah, yes, a famous chef works here, although I haven't heard of him before I'll admit." Iida looked down, almost ashamed.

At that moment, a man in a white apron and cliché chef's hat slid in front of the table. It took Midoriya a second, but when he realised who it was, he fanboyed just a little.

"Lunch Rush! You work here?! Oh my goodness, I've always wanted to meet you!" He started rambling, but the chef held up his hand and he immediately stopped.

"Great to meet a fan! I just came over to ask how my food was, and how I could improve school meals in the future." Midoriya blushed as Lunch Rush turned to Iida, who happily answered his questions. He eventually left, leaving the three to their conversation again.

With Midoriya's notebook on the table, the chat began to centre around All Might.

"Did I ever mention my brother has worked with All Might before?" Iida said it off the blue casually, like he didn't realise he'd just dropped a bomb, and Midoriya wouldn't stop until that bomb went off.

"WHAT?!" He shouted, standing up. A lot of heads turned his way before he realised what he'd done and sat down, ears pink. "I mean, what?" His volume was barely over a whisper now.

"Oh he's an actor, not very famous, but he has his fans. He brings in most of the income for my family. I want to be just like him when I grow up!" Iida said enthusiastically.

"Who is he? Would I know him?" Midoriya asked, and even Uraraka looked interested.

"I doubt you'll know him, he goes by the stage name Ingenium."

"No. Way." Iida looked unsure at Midoriya's comment.

"I assure you, I am hi--"

"I can't believe I didn't see it before! You two look so similar! How did I miss it?" Midoriya excitedly gushed about Tensei and how in his movies, he was always so cool. Iida looked like a mix of embarrassed and flattered through the entire thing.

Midoriya did finally stop talking about Iida's brother, and they ate their lunch in relative silence. Uraraka finished first, having only an apple, juice box and a sandwich, and Iida finished last, with his rich school meal. A few minutes after Iida disposed of his tray, the bell rang, and everyone started moving towards their classrooms.

Aizawa sat in a ball of the floor in his sleeping bag with his eyes closed, but he murmured a good afternoon to the three as they walked in, so he hadn't fallen asleep. When everyone had sat down, he didn't stand up, or even open his eyes, instead lying down further on the floor instead.

"You have the special teacher I told you about yesterday. You'll have training now, so after he introduces himself, go to the locker rooms and get changed." He said, before a soft snore came from him. The students looked around, confused, muttering questions about this mystery teacher, when the door slammed open.

Midoriya had to be dreaming.

"No way! All Might is going to teach us?!" Kaminari spoke, awe in his voice but he was nothing compared to Midoriya. Midoriya had stars in his eyes, he was vibrating in his chair, he could barely keep his mouth shut, and he had the stupidest grin on his face.

All Might introduced himself, but Midoriya want listening. He really was trying to, but he was in the same room as All Might, who was now his teacher. He was astounded and amazed, and he would thank every god he could recall, from every religion he could think of when he had the chance.

The rest of the students started getting out of their seats and Midoriya jumped up too when he realised they were heading to go get changed. He ran up to Iida and Uraraka, who by now knew he was All Might's biggest fan, but were still a little blown away when he started talking a mile a minute about the man.

The students around them faltered a little, Kaminari and Kirishima even stumbling into each other as they tried to understand what he was saying. He had a habit of talking so quickly when he was passionate about a subject that people couldn't understand him, but he was cut off by a harsh hand on the shoulder.

"Shitty Deku. Shut up, or at least slow down. No-one can understand what you're saying." Bakugo sneered down at him before stomping towards the front of the group. Midoriya stared after him, taking a long breath. Bakugo had never told him to slow down before, just shut up and stay quiet. Huh.

"You're certainly eager about having him as a teacher, aren't you?" Uraraka observed, while a few of the students chuckled, not cruelly, and Midoriya blushed and nodded, keeping his mouth shut.

They parted once they reached the locker rooms, the five boys going into the cubicles while everyone else went to the benches. Kaminari and Kirishima were talking loudly, joking about different things while everyone else got changed in silence. In silence, until they dragged Aoyama, a French boy who sat at the front of the class, into their conversation.

"Aoyama, what's with the glitter all the time? You're like one of those Barbie dolls my sister had when she was younger whose whole body was just...glitter. It got everywhere." Kirishima said, physically cringing at the memory.

"Ah, mon ami, I just can't stop spark--" With a flick of his hair, Aoyama smiled smugly, even as he was cut off by Kaminari.

"Yeah, it's like if you had a superpower, it would be 'glitter bomb' or something." He laughed to himself, not noticing as a few of his classmates froze from where they were changing. Aoyama self consciously wrapped his arms around his stomach.

Kirishima, who hadn't noticed the other boys' discomfort on the topic, continued fanning the flame, "I can see it! Oh, what do you think my superpower would be?!" His eyes shone as he turned to Kaminari, ignoring the boys who whined when they realised that this subject wouldn't be dropped.

"You're so kind and fun to be around, you're like a labrador..." Kaminari spoke with a finger on his chin, like he was thinking hard as Kirishima laughed at his attempt. "Oh, what about Bakugo?"

At his name, Bakugo turned on them from the other side of the room, still zipping up his uniform jacket. "Hah?! No. I don't want to be a part of your stupid discussion."

"Oh, definitely explosions! Look at how he responded! Even his spiky hair looks like an explosion." Bakugo's eyes didn't widen. Not one bit. No sir-y.

Midoriya had finished changing, and was trying to sneek out quietly, but halted when Kaminari shouted his name.

"You're not getting out of this, Midoriya! What superpower would he have?"

"Bro, he's so smart! Definitely something to do with his intelligence." Kirishima offered.

"Guys, I'm not that smart! We've barely known each other two days, maybe the task we did this morning was just an area of speciality to me." Midoriya put his hands up defensively, and kept walking towards the door.

"Midoriya's right, we barely know each other, especially not enough to talk about each others possible superpowers. Now, hurry up and finish getting ready." Iida joined his friend by the door, pulling it open and letting Midoriya out before himself. When the door shut, he let out a long sigh.

"Thanks Iida. I hate social interaction." He rubbed his face as they started walking into the gym where all the girls, who were already changed, were standing.

"No problem Midoriya! Always happy to help." He smiled, adjusting his already perfectly placed glasses.

"I'm serious Iida!! You saved me. Do you want a hug? I'm a great hugger." They reached where the girls were standing, some nodding at them in acknowledgement. Iida laughed at the proposal, but replied none the less.

"Sure, I'd like a hug please." Iida smiled, albeit a little awkwardly, and almost stumbled backwards when Midoriya launched himself at the boy, wrapping his arms around his broad shoulders. Iida wrapped his arms around the smaller boy as well.

"You're a great hugger Iida." Midoriya sighed.

"Hey, are you getting Deku hugs? No fair, I want in!" Uraraka shouted as she ran to join them, hugging Iida from behind.

"I want to join!" Ashido yelled before glomping the trio. "Come on Tsu, join us!" And she did, hugging Uraraka and Iida.

"Whaaat? Everyone's hugging and I wasn't invited? Scandalous!" Kaminari joined the hug, recently emerging from the locker room, pulling Kirishima and Jiro with him, who in turn bought Yaoyorozu, and so on. By the end, most of the class was in on the hug, excluding Bakugo and Todoroki, and Hagakure, who was whining from the floor that she couldn't join.

Iida looked thoroughly embarrassed, but didn't say anything, everyone in the group hug looked so content to be there, even Shoji, who had his signature mask on. No-one made any move to break the hug, so they all just stood there, and surprisingly, it didn't get awkward. Kirishima was talking to Ojiro, who was hugging him, and a soft looking bald boy, Koda, was nodding along to whatever Ashido was saying. It was almost peaceful.

It was nice.

"I AM HERE-- Oh, sorry, am I interrupting something? I'll come back in a few."

We've got to figure it out/We've got to find ourselves some answers/We are people now

---------------------------------
Words: 3143

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

168K 3.8K 30
Its been 10 years since class 1-A has graduated, and its their class reunion, Katsuki is still uncertain of going due to the fact he might see him, t...
151K 5.5K 26
Bakugo had been struggling with his anger and Midoriya had been struggling greatly with his depression for as long as they could remember. They came...
3.3M 97.2K 85
(𝚈/πš—) (𝙻/πš—) 𝚠𝚊𝚜 πš‹πš˜πš›πš— πš πš’πšπš‘ 𝚊 πš™πš˜πš πšŽπš›πšπšžπš• πššπšžπš’πš›πš”, πš‹πšžπš πšœπš‘πšŽ πš‘πš’πš πšπš‘πš’πšœ πšπš›πš˜πš– πšŽπšŸπšŽπš›πš’πš˜πš—πšŽ πšπš‘πšŠπš πš πšŠπšœπš—'𝚝...
960 30 14
Eijiro Kirishima got off on the wrong foot with Katsuki Bakugo on that fateful first day at UA high. Though, their brief rivalry soon grew to be an i...