Bounty Hunter

By RachelAukes

Being a bounty hunter in the wastelands isn't easy, and it's about to get a whole lot harder. The world went... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Epilogue

Chapter 28

441 73 0
By RachelAukes

Gabriel Sloan remained in his heavily armored vehicle while his specialized squad of twelve murcs, all in exoshields, set fire to the derelict building that bore a faded sign reading Harry Haft's. The people inside hadn't expected a second attack, and they'd been woefully unprepared. They hadn't even taken a single shot before the bomb went off.

Hunters who'd had their exoshields on ran through the flames, only to be gunned down by Sloan's squad. One of the hunters had been carrying out a badly burned woman when he'd been shot, and she toppled out of his arms when he collapsed. The woman—likely a barmaid—tried to crawl away, but a single blaster shot finished her off.

Fire and soot showered down, pelting Gabriel's windows. He grimaced. He didn't understand why Roderick enjoyed being at the front of the battle. It was messy and chaotic, two things Gabriel thoroughly disliked.

A gunfight erupted in the alley behind the bar, and Gabriel leaned forward, craning to see, but all he could make out was flashes of blaster fire. He tapped his comm on his armlet. "What's going on back there?"

"Two targets escaped through a hidden tunnel in Tally's office. We're pursuing them now."

"Update me when you have them."

Gabriel waited, impatiently tapping his foot. He found it incredibly tedious to sit and wait for an update that he didn't receive for nearly an hour. When the squad leader approached empty-handed, Gabriel fumed. He opened the window. "You let them escape?"

"They lost us in the tunnels, sir. But everyone else that was inside is confirmed dead."

"I don't care about everyone else!" Gabriel glowered. "Find him and kill him." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Moon Dust By

Fanfiction

503 8 6
You want more from him, everything really.. Sum; You need transport to escape your planet and your clan. Although the man in beskar don't do this kin...
2.7K 70 12
When the Bad Batch is tasked with capturing a bounty, their lives are turned upside down when they discover the truth of who the bounty is. This disc...
1.9K 252 26
On the verge of going broke in an oppressed galaxy, super-criminal Jax Davis makes a deal with an offworld crime boss to get rich--but when the Black...
89 0 20
"I still remember the adventures I had with my master and the 520th legion. It feels like it was only yesterday." "Did you ever go back?" "No. I nev...