Strange Outline

By valentinosbimbo

Written with the lovely @Enolicious ❤ Our journey begins when a clumsy, loud and easily distracted she-elf fi... More

Chapter Two - The Floating Hat
Chapter Three - Mrs. Baggins?
Chapter Four - A Bloody Elf And A Grumpy Dwarf!
Chapter Five - Giant Feet!
Chapter Six - A Game Of 'Hobbit Tugg'
Chapter Seven - Pillow Of Unworldly Softness

Chapter One - A Tiny Woman!

6 0 0
By valentinosbimbo

"This is so...boring!" Misthel exclaims in annoyance as she crosses her arms and leans back nearly sliding off the seat. The carriage moves slowly over a open green field, it hopefully wouldn't take too long to reach Mirkwood, Misthel thinks to herself as she gazes out the small window by the carriage door. It almost seemed like some sort of a punishment by her ada...

Her being alone, trapped inside of this moving carriage without any company... haunted by her own thoughts about the arranged marriage and her duties of being a Lady of Rivendell.

He could at least have accompanied her! She thinks to herself as she remembered back on her departure from Rivendell...

"Now remember what I have told you... you represent us! So don't miss behave and try your best to fight off some of your natural instincts...such as being overdramatic, clumsy, stubborn and... " Misthel's ada lectures her. While his list goes on and on, Misthel gets easily distracted by their servants loading off all of her luggage onto the carriage. Her ada sighed defeated after realising that Misthel was already being distracted and wasn't really paying any attention to what he was saying. He took a hold onto her and pulled her into a loving embrace, which caused her focus to switch back on him. "I will miss you my méla daughter..."

The memory of her Ada slowly fades... as she looks at her own reflection in the small window. She needs to be perfect, huh? She thinks to herself and her stare hardens as she searched for any visible flaw on her petite face. She sighs as her gaze lands on her braided hair crown. This wasn't very comfortably hairdo at all !

Being all dressed up and polished to impress her future father-in law. He had the last say... before they could make the engagement official. Not that she felt like getting married any time soon... but according to her Ada, its for her own good and of course for Rivendell... their homes future. It all depends on her...

Why her? Why not her older sister Arwen? Couldn't she fulfill this duty instead of her? Not that she had anything against Legolas... But something inside her, tells her that she isn't ready...to go through with it just yet, not to mention that the young prince was more of a brotherly figure than a romantic interest in her eyes. The doubt and fear begins to fill her mind... her body tenses and her grip on the door handle tightens.

However her worried thoughts gets interrupted by a sudden loud sound coming outside from the front of the carriage. Wait... was that the warhorn ? She thinks to herself.

At once the carriage stops, causing Misthel to fall from her seat and land on the floor. She gets up on her knees and takes a peek outside the window, all the guards stands ready with their weapons drawn, prepared for a fight.

For a second everything is quiet and Misthel almost thinks that it was just a mistake, but then..... a small pack of Orcs appears in the distance, rushing towards them in an ambush from the forest on her right.

The guards made quick work of them, but some tried to make a retreat, causing everyone except one of the guards to chase after them. The one guard who was left behind, stood right in front of the carriage door, which Misthel opens as she hears the sound of the others chasing the ambushers, accidentally knocking out the only person left to protect her.

As she starts to panic, she then realises that now there is no one to force her to Mirkwood..... if she misses the finalization of the engagement she would be free!

Sure her ada would be angry for a while... but that would only be a temporary thing... she hoped.

With this she takes her chance and sets off, running into the woods in the opposite direction of where the orcs disappeared into, she did not want to run into those foul creatures...!

As she starts her escape, she ends up running for quite a while before slowing down to a calm walking pace, her shoes and dress making it quite hard for her....and they were quite nice so she did not want to ruin them especially, because her ada would be even more disappointed in her, if she returned and looked like she had rolled around on the forest floor!

One thing Misthel did NOT give much thought when she made her escape, however was the fact that she had no idea were she was!

She had already walked for what must have been hours since the sun hadn't set yet, but it felt like days!

Just as she's about to give up all hope, she gets distracted by something shining and glistening in the distance. Quickly she rushes in the direction its coming from, completely forgetting everything else.

The shininess seemes to never get any closer, no matter how much she hurries towards it.

Finally after what felt like an eternity, she reaches the opening of a cave from where the light seemes to come from. Slowly she makes her way in there only to be faced with an ice crystal that appears to be very cracked.

Not being able to do as her ada said and fight her instincts...... she pokes it.... this causes the ice crystal to crack even worse and more light shines from it. As the pieces starts to fall off... the light gets brighter, and it's too bright, especially for Misthels sensitive elven eyes and temporarily blinds her...

Once her vision returns, she looks down a bit to only to see a tiny woman kneeling in front of her surrounded by some small chunks of ice.

Misthel is very confused, why was there a tiny woman in the ice? How long had she been in there? And most importantly who-or even WHAT is she? The questions fills up her mind and leads to her once again giving into her natural instinct and squats down in front of the tiny woman, before asking a small "Hello?" not receiving any response she tries again "Are you alright?".....now not being able to stop herself she again raises her hand.... and pokes the tiny woman!

This causes the small creature to lift its gaze, first to the hand that poked her still reached out, ready to give another poke if needed and then to lock eyes with Misthel. "Where am I...? Who are you...?" comes the small and slightly raspy voice of the woman, clearly not having talked in quite a while. Just how long had she been frozen?!

Both of them stands up, The small woman wobbling a bit from not using her legs for a while. She then looks at Misthel, who was already staring intrigued at her with big wide eyes. "Well...you were encapsulated in ice...i think.... when i found you and well, now you're not?" Misthel says, not really sure herself as the situation she found herself in was very strange to say the least.

She did after all just find a person...in ice...in the damn woods!

The small woman looks at Misthel before giving a bow as a "thank you" to Misthel for freeing her. Misthel not sure if she did or not decided to just accept it.

Misthel sees the small one still looking at her questiongly "Who were you again?...Do I know you?" she asks with a small tilt of her head, her voice finally starting to return to normal.

"OH Right! Sorry, I'm Lady Misthel of Rivendell." Misthel says with a quick and small curtsy "Thank lord's my ada isn't here, he would've given me a lecture for not remembering my manners" Misthel mutters to herself while rolling her eyes slightly, still loud enough for her new companion to hear her.

"And who...and what are you tiny woman?" Misthel then asks, leaning forward slightly in curiosity. "I-I'm...." The small woman stops up and stares blankly at Misthel. "To be honest I'm...not sure" she then mumbles.

For once Misthel actually paying attention and her elven hearing being useful. " Well then, I'll just give you one then! Since you can't remember and you don't seem to have label with it on!" Misthel says excitedly, which made the small woman to take a step back in worry.

"A what?.....label?" she worriedly asks the elven woman, only getting more and more confused by her, but she seem kind so far. "A name! And you know sometimes the elven mothers attaches a label to their children at gatherings with the child's name and who the parent is!" Misthel explains, not realizing she just compared the small woman with a child...

After all her ada still sometimes does it to her, knowing how easily distracted she gets...

"Hmmmmmm you were trapped, nuzzled into the ice.....Iziel!-no nevermind that's no good." Misthel Rambles to herself "Nuzzileas? no, not that either...OH! Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh I know! Nyzziel! Nyzz or Nyzzie for short!" She suddenly exclaims, startling the small woman, who's name was now Nyzziel, causing her to let out a cheerful squeak. Misthel just looked at her for a second..

"That was.....ADORABLE! DO IT AGAIN!" she yells grabbing Nyzz's shoulders and making her release another squeak involuntarily.

After talking to Nyzz shortly it is clear to Misthel that she has some sort of memory loss, and Misthel therefore decides to help out, what she had deemed to be her new friend.

Misthel's ada had taught her a lot over the years, one thing being about different races. Nyzz was tiny and had a lot of hair on her head and she seemed kind and welcoming.... short, hairy and welcoming.... she MUST be a hobbit!

Or at least Misthel believes her to be one, based on her adas teachings. Although Misthel feels like she has forgotten one key feature about hobbits.... couldn't be that important then!

She did however know that they lived in the Shire and therefore she confidently sets off in the direction of said place with Nyzz alongside her.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

!❤ ! (>'o')>"Bootylicious"<('o'<) !❤!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We hope you've enjoyed the beginning of this adventure and look forward to the next part!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

742 42 19
When a darkness spreads across Mirkwood, a mighty elven kingdom is robbed from its bliss. A once vibrant people hides behind the walls of their kingd...
2.1K 161 25
"The mind replays what the heart couldn't delete" We know (y/n), once was a bright and innocent kid now a mischievous and contemptuous lady. No one c...
14.6K 369 21
A vision caused me to run from my home to one from my past. I traveled day and night to a place of refuge, Rivendell. And from then on my life change...
12.4K 455 50
It is as though Ilwien seeks out trouble with the hope that, among it, she might find adventure, too. But one day, it is a dwarf they call Thorin Oak...